Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
when everything is in disarray, i think we'll be okay!
awards
740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
[S][C/Eddie] Buck 'em, Beau!
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 16:37:28 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal eddieh"]
[attr="class","top"]

Okay, yeah, Beau was definitely getting carried away. Eddie ran over to the water's edge as the bull dove in with Shalin still on his back, propelling himself forward using his spiraling tails like a rotor,[break][break]

“Beau!” he called, his voice laced with anger and concern, “Knock it off before you hurt someone!”[break][break]

Eddie probably should have known better, he acknowledged. If Beau was incapable of heeding his warnings before, than that was doubly true now as he charged through the lake. [break][break]

Despite all of the bull's efforts, Shalin persisted in her hold. The bull must have reasoned that drastic efforts were called for as he surged forward with a violent jolt. He made waves as he surged all about like a RAGING BULL, emboldened by quite literally being in his element. There was little escape from his bovine wrath.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".eddieh"] --accent:#d4a53c!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto 20px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center; margin-top:-20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; width:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 103px; bottom:10px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#212121; } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass] position:absolute; right:95px; bottom:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent; padding:0px 0px 12px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal]position:relative;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,916 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 4:51:50 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin held on for dear life, looking like she couldn't be happier as Beau became increasingly desperate to hurl her off. The sudden increase of speed wiped that look off her face as the whirling tails propelled the duo at great speeds. Once the three tails were his source of propulsion, the bucking came again. The RAGING BULL was bucking and writhing with the strength turn the skin above Shalin's joints a red-white. Yeow, that thrashing looked like it hurt!

Toward the end of Beau's raging run, whether by intent or happenstance, the Tauros flexed almost all his body weight right under where Shalin was sitting, ripping her from her perch and into the water behind him. Thankfully, one of Shalin's water Pokémon, a Milotic, was quick to scoop her up and get her back to the lake shore before Beau could roughhouse her more.

{PC: 9}

NOTE: All the Pokémon in Shalin's PC, other than her Vaporeon, are present.
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 11:42:50 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Son of a- [break][break]

Eddie prepared himself to dive into the lake the moment he saw Shalin fly off of Beau's back, but was relieved to see the Ranger Captain be scooped up by the passing Milotic. As the bull began to make his way back towards the shore, Eddie recalled the Pokemon in a flare of red light with an angry grumble, [break][break]

“Hey, you alright?” he bellowed. He sincerely hoped that Shalin hadn't been seriously injured by the experience.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto 20px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; width:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 103px; bottom:10px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#212121; } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass] position:absolute; right:95px; bottom:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent; padding:0px 0px 12px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,916 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 7:51:27 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Thankfully for , Shalin hadn't been seriously hurt. It would be a lie if she said she didn't feel sore after that, though. That last bit of thrashing had some serious strength to it. Once she had caught her breath, she faced Eddie again. "That was... so much fun!" the Captain exhaled. "It takes a lot to buck me off. Beau should be proud of his strength."

As she caught her breath, it gave Eddie plenty of time to take in the vast scenery of the Ranger's back yard, as well as the plethora of Pokémon roaming the plateau. "I can only offer to return the favor for you. Maybe it'll help you find a Pokémon that's strong enough for you. That is, until you can get Beau under control. If he can hurl me off, then he can probably hurl you off, too. Probably without thinking on it, hehe!"

There were all kinds of stout enough Pokémon for even the large and heavyset Eddie to try holding the reins of. While her Eeveelutions would not be great for the job, among her other more lithe Pokémon, there were a Scolipede, a Wyrdeer, and a familiar-looking Pyroar that looked plenty strong. There were also some flying-types if Eddie was particularly brave...

{PC: 10}

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 15:05:27 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

'That was... so much fun!' [break][break]

Well, that wasn't exactly the response Eddie had been expecting. In his own attempts to ride Beau, he'd been left battered and bruised, and wouldn't have described the experiences as “fun”, exactly. But hey, if Shalin had a good time, maybe that was for the best, [break][break]

“Oh, believe you me, he can definitely buck me,” Eddie chuckled, his eyes turning from the Ranger Captain to sweep across the surrounding property and the Pokemon housed in it. Finding a Pokemon strong enough to bear his weight didn't sound like a bad idea; it would certainly make getting around a lot easier. But he didn't have a ton of experience riding, either; maybe that was something Shalin could help him out with, [break][break]

“Got a couple'a of my own guys that I think'd be good for ridin' around on once they evolve, but the thing is, I don't know the first thing about ridin' Pokemon. That somethin' you could give me some pointers on?” [break][break]

It sounded like a good enough way to return the favor as any.

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,916 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 23:44:52 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"One of these days, when I get stronger, I want another run on him," Shalin added, keeping her smile up. She had ridden many angry, wild Pokémon before, but nothing with Beau's strength. "If only I had a way to harness onto him." For many others, that would be a great way to wreck their spines. Shalin had the experience and finesse to sidestep that issue. Her Sygna Suit helped, too. If it could withstand vibration, then in theory being bucked around would be little trouble.

Shalin's eyes perked up as Eddie asked for some pointers on controlling a Pokémon. "Can't promise it'll be the same quality as 's school. If you want top-notch riding lessons, I recommend going to his Gym in Mauville." The other issue was she didn't have a lot of Pokémon that could bear such a heavyset rider. It was best to start on land, too.

Thinking on it for a bit, Shalin whistled for a pair of Ninetales: one Kantonian and one Alolan. Both were about as tall as Eddie was. "You think you'd be comfortable trying to learn with one of these two?" Letheia, the ice-type fox, looked a little more eager than her fire-type counterpart did.

{PC: 11}

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 11:28:13 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Eddie grinned; it somehow didn't surprise him that Shalin was already planning her next ride with Beau despite how rough the initial experience had been. She seemed like a real thrill-seeker, and who was Eddie to deny her? [break][break]

Before he could ask further about this character she had mentioned, Eddie found that he was now in the presence of two particularly large Ninetales. Their coats shimmered in the sunlight, one a glossy gold and the other a shimmery blue-ish white; were it not for their size, Eddie wouldn't have thought that they could bear his weight, [break][break]

“Yeah, looks good to me,” he said with a smile, approaching the Alolan Ninetales. At the very least, they'd prove to be a somewhat more conventional ride than Flit had been when he had first met Shalin on the Fiery Path.
[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,916 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 3:03:04 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
If that impressed Eddie, he would be blown away at what Shalin could do wearing her Sygna Suit. Some of the acrobatic feats she could pull off wearing it were truly esoteric. Giant Venusaur flinging her around at supersonic speed? Absolutely!

Eddie seemed a bit more calm around the Ninetales than he was around the Yanmega, what with his thrumming wings providing constant feedback. Letheia let out a coo as she crouched and let her tails fall, fully exposing the saddle on her back. While she was radiating cool air, it was a refreshing cool, not a biting cold.

Shalin got on Caprice's back and reined the Kantonian Ninetales next to Eddie in an attempt to show him the motions. "You remember what I taught you when we met in the mountains? If not, I can go over it with you again."

{PC: 12}

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 13:26:59 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Letheia was a beautiful creature, with her voluminous tails and soft voice. It reminded Eddie a little of his Amaura, a Pokemon he had yet spend much time with. Maybe when she evolved she would make for a sturdy enough ride, if not a particularly fast one. She would definitely be a similarly showy one with her fan-like sails shimmering with frosty iridescence. [break][break]

But now was not the time to get distracted; with little effort, Eddie seated himself on the Ninetales' saddle and took the reins into his hands, [break][break]

“I do! I'm a fast learner,” he replied with a boyish grin, “Figure this'll be even easier!” [break][break]

After a moment of watching Shalin, Eddie squeezed his heels into the Ninetales' sides, urging the fox to a slow but springy trot.
[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,916 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 17:48:50 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
got exactly what he wanted, the fox's steps bouncy. Though Shalin preferred a canter for leisurely travel, the perfect speed where she could truly feel her mount's running stroke without it being too strenuous, she was still happy with the pace Eddie was setting. The trot may have been faster than he was expecting; Ninetales were quite the speedy species. Though Letheia was a little unsteady at first, she quickly got used to her guest rider's weight. "See? She can handle it just fine!" Shalin chirped.

The two vulpines trotted past another of the Captain's marvels: seven Eeveelutions, standing tall and also wearing riding gear that seemed as natural as clothing to a person. The only one missing was Rielle, Shalin's Vaporeon, who was in rehab after having her tail regrown in a months-long prodecure. A glint from above may have also caught Eddie's eye: the reflection of a buckle on the underside of Michiko, a Frosmoth of great proportions. Did she fly on that giant bug, too?

{PC: 13}

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 14:11:21 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

There was an awkwardness to her gait that had Eddie adjusting slightly in his saddle at first, but it didn't take long before the fox's bounding strides evened out. His boyish grin peeled into a wide smile as they took off at speeds faster than he had anticipated; it was thrilling, really, as he guided Letheia around the soft curve of the lake's edge, [break][break]

“She sure can!” Eddie called happily, “Consider me impressed!” [break][break]

He passed the procession of Eeveelutions and offered them a wave in greeting, not consciously realizing that Shalin was one critter short of having the whole set. Eddie's eyes were drawn away as Letheia leapt over a large rock in their path; he whooped with delight as they sailed through the air for just a moment, [break][break]

“That another one'a your rides of choice?” he asked with curious glee, inclining his head towards the frosty moth floating serenely nearby. After their journey together along the Fiery Path, it wouldn't particularly surprise Eddie if Shalin had another giant insectoid mount for flying around on.
[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,916 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 18:04:44 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Riding past her seven Shiny Eeveelutions made Shalin wonder when Rielle's release date would be. Thus far, she hadn't heard of any complications with the tail reconstitution. No news was good news, but she did worry how long it was taking. It had been since October since she had been under constant medical care. It was a good thing Captains had such good medical insurance, otherwise she would probably have had to just let Rielle die. She shivered to think what would have happened had she been on the hook for five months of treatment instead of just one!

Shalin's beaming smile grew as she, too, whooped alongside Eddie. She was making a rider out of him by the moment. "How'd you know that flicking her reins would make her jump? Have you ridden Rapidash before?" Shalin asked, having omitted that part when teaching with Flit due to the Yanmega not being a land mount.

"Yep, Michiko is!" Shalin fed Eddie's curiosity. "To me, every Pokémon is a new adventure!" There were other enormous insects in her domain, too: a Scolipede, a Buzzwole, a Pheromosa, a Scyther, and even a Larvesta. Did she have one of every bug-type that one could strap a saddle to?

Eddie would get a good view of some of Shalin's water Pokémon as the two foxes circled the lake's edge. There were traditional aquatic ride Pokémon, like Milotic and Dewgong. There were also less traditional ones, like Dragalge and Floatzel. One of the most unusual ones was a Seismitoad, the bumps beneath her saddle creating a low-pitched but pleasant hum. Sitting on her back could be as relaxing as a massage... or as jarring as using a jackhammer.

{PC: 14}

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 10:56:20 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

He'd have to remember that trick with the reins for the future, Eddie thought with some consideration. Perhaps the Ninetales had acted of her own accord, or maybe he'd moved the reins involuntarily, but it was a useful trick for when he got his own transportation secured. [break][break]

The Frosmoth, it turned out, was just one of the veritable hive of insects that Shalin had at her disposal. A Scyther sharped it's claws on a rock nearby, and Eddie caught himself laughing at the muscular mosquito Pokemon flexing it's muscles for some kind of ballerina roach. [break][break]

'Every Pokemon is a new adventure!' [break][break]

Truer words were never spoken, he supposed. [break][break]

On the left, more Pokemon came to greet the two riders as they skirted the edge of the lake. Eddie waved at the curious Floatzel whirling through the water with it's propeller-like tails, and to the Dewgong who raised itself just enough to wave a flipper back in turn. But then he saw the Seismitoad, relaxed as they floated across the water without a care in the world, and Eddie's curiosity was piqued. [break][break]

Seismitoad was kinda weirdly cute, equal parts absurd and austere in the way that only a cantankerous old toad could be, or maybe that was just Eddie's own personal biases speaking. He turned from the toad back to Shalin, [break][break]

“Where'd ya catch them at?” he asked, nodding towards the lumpy frog.
[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,916 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 5:54:44 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Oh, I didn't--" Shalin was cut off by the Seismitoad kicking her bumps into high gear, the saddle on her back looking like an illusion from how fast it shook. One, how did that thing not slide off the frog's back, and two, who would be willing to sit on something like that? Vibration that powerful had to be at the very least numbing, if not painful to endure. "Sorry about that, Eddie, she just likes showing off." She waited for the humming to fully calm down before continuing on.

"I got her in a trade a long time ago. Over a year ago. Don't remember what I traded or who I got her from." A Dragalge poked her head, and eventually her midsection, above the water. Adorning her back was perhaps the most unusual saddle Eddie had seen yet. "Oh, hey, Pharika! I have one amazing story to tell with her when we're done playing around."

After the two rounded the lake, Caprice faced the enormous tree serving as her trainer's home. "Think you're ready to handle a little Agility, Eddie?" she asked, ready to spur her own Ninetales into a Quick Attack.

{PC: 15}

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 16:55:16 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Showing off, indeed. Eddie found himself only half-listening to Shalin's explanation as the Seismitoad thrummed. He could practically see the air ripple around her, her call a low hum that rang out through the stillness of the glen. It was a powerful sensation for certain as the water around her rippled curiously. A Pokemon like that would be pretty cool to have, Eddie thought, plus he figured the large toad would probably give the world's best back massages. [break][break]

He really should've been paying more attention, because even though he had neglected to properly listen to Shalin, Letheia had not been so careless. He yelped as the Ninetales picked up a tremendous amount of speed, using her AGILITY to bound back towards the tree house. Eddie held on for dear life; who knew the fox could run so fast? [break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times