6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
guard [m]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 2:50:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle yawns as he sits by the roots of the large tree.

the nice thing about his title is that he can easily use it to call bluffs and stop advances of the opposing faction's lower ranks without doing anything. he hopes something similar could happen now that he's been assigned to guard the tree.

it must be nice, he thinks, to be a rocket guard. their grunts have the option to disguise themselves as civilians to increase the risk of league's tree, while rocket can strongman their defense since it's socially acceptable for them to act rough and tough.

kyle pulls out his phone. this job was supposed to be done in pairs, and the one he requested to do it was currently out of the picture for now.

did you get our coffee yet?

he had requested him before their shift came. he figured it was fine since ollie is usually friendly with these kinds of things.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,315 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
guard [m]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 7:02:09 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollietop"]
[attr="class","littleollie"] "oh hey, am i late?"

[break][break] the head ranger appears beside the champion, wearing a winning smile. which is probably fitting, considering that he was one of the contenders for the vital city tournament podium.

[break][break] in his hands are two drinks — one black coffee and the other dreadfully sweet with way too many pumps of vanilla syrup.

[break][break] of course, ollie takes the latter and gives the other to kyle.

[break][break] after all, kyle has black hair so... he should like black coffee. that was how it worked, right?

[break][break] he takes a sip of his beverage. "so, did i miss anything? ya see anyone?"

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
PROTECT THE DYNA TREE

[newclass=".littleollie"]--accent:#FFB546; } .littleollie { font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 70px 50px; letter-spacing:0.6px!important} .littleollie b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littleollie i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'!important; } .littleollie u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:20px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littleollie .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase; } .littleollie img { filter:grayscale(0%); } .littleollie { border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px!important;} .littleollie .title { text-align:right; margin-bottom:20px; } .littleollie .title b { border-bottom:1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ollietop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
guard [m]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 16:29:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he offers a thankful smile before receiving his coffee from ollie.

"not really. not even calyrex," he answers as he takes a whiff of the coffee smell. "it's been boring."

the scent of caffeine wasn't enough. he takes a swig of the coffee, careful not to finish the entire drink too quick. they have a long guard shift to survive, after all.

eyes go to the tree, trying to look for the calyrex to no avail.

"have you tried telling a story to the king yet?" he asks.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,315 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
guard [m]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 22:03:53 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","littleollie"] oh yeah. calyrex. that was that guy's name.

[break][break] ollie didn't do so well with names, for humans or legendary pokemon, but he'd recognized that pokemon from his time in the forgotten memory. it almost seemed like ages ago that they'd met.

[break][break] if they'd even met in the first place.

[break][break] "yeah," he said with a laugh, rubbing the back of his neck. "just told a stupid one from when i was a kid, though."

[break][break] he glanced at his friend.

[break][break] "i went up right after . imagine that? can't really measure up to a prince, though."

[break]

PROTECT THE DYNA TREE

[newclass=".littleollie"]--accent:#FFB546; } .littleollie { font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 70px 50px; letter-spacing:0.6px!important} .littleollie b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littleollie i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'!important; } .littleollie u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:20px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littleollie .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase; } .littleollie img { filter:grayscale(0%); } .littleollie { border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px!important;} .littleollie .title { text-align:right; margin-bottom:20px; } .littleollie .title b { border-bottom:1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ollietop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
guard [m]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 18:12:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he scratches the back of his head.

"that's why i haven't went yet," he confesses as he throws his hand back to his lap. "i don't think i have any better story to tell compared to the ones people have already told."

he wasn't a good story teller, nor did he have the colorful backstory to pull stories from. most of his excitement came from right after rocket had attempted to take over the region, and kyle was certain anything he could tell from those, someone else already had.

the option to retell stories from video games and novels came to mind, but he feels like he'd skip a lot of the important plot points if he did.

"do you think he'll appreciate if i take a case report and recite it to him? i need to think of a good one if i do."

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,315 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
guard [m]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 4:49:25 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","littleollie"] "i get that."

[break][break] ollie's not really a storyteller either, at least not compared to the likes of or . he'd glad that someone else in the league ranks feels the same way, not just him.

[break][break] he leans down, squatting in the grass beside kyle as he sips on his coffee.

[break][break] "well. maybe. depends on the case study? what're you thinking of?"

[break]

PROTECT THE DYNA TREE

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
guard [m]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 3:20:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"probably the verdanturf 2019 case," he mentions.

it's the day the rocket boss met his demise, and no thanks to his contributions. it seemed bittersweet in the perspective of the villain of the story, but no one wants to hear sympathy with the demon that destroyed lives.

"but it doesn't fit the themes that calyrex wants, or at least in my perspective."

calyrex wants stories of heroes, hopes, dreams. kyle sees himself as a bystander that got swept along by the ravaging waves of hoenn's complex plot and was fit in a role that no one else could have taken at that time.

mentioning it out loud seemed like a disservice to people who want it though, so he keeps the thought to himself.

"i might have to think of another case instead. what about you? any suggestions?"

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,315 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
guard [m]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2024 16:09:49 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","littleollie"] "the verdanturf 2019 case?" he echoes in confusion, before realization dawns on him. "oh... that's..."

[break][break] something strange crosses his expression.

[break][break] "that was the end of the war, wasn't it?" his smile is, somehow, bittersweet. "can't believe you were there. that must've been... i can't imagine what that must've been like."

[break][break] now that he's head ranger, ollie has more access to those documents then he would've had in years past — and yet, it's apparent that he wants no more to do with that than he might've had before. he's no , pouring over documents that have nothing to do with him.

[break][break] ollie gives a careless shrug of his shoulders.

[break][break] "i'm not as cool as you, or have as many years in the force. i decided to just speak from the heart."

[break][break] he smiles.

[break][break] "i gave him a childhood story, and he seemed to like that just fine."

[break]

PROTECT THE DYNA TREE

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
guard [m]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 5:52:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he doesn't have good childhood stories, nor tales of hardships that he can boast about surviving. most of his stories were from the era of rocket's invasion and hoenn's bastardization of normalcy, where everything else would be muddled altogether into obscurity with one big case.

perhaps it's always the case that people will always long for what they don't have.

"i'll just tell him whatever comes first in my mind then," he decides. "it's not like he's overly specific from the sound of it."

he was kyle lopez, a person holding a title that everyone wants. at the same time, the champion thinks that a lot more people get a better overall story than him.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights