Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,706 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
RED RESISTANCE
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 21:16:25 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The outskirts of Verdanturf town was an isolated oasis in a world brimming with technological pollution. There were no trickles of sound to disrupt the humming serenity, nor flagrant constructions to cloud the skies. It was just raw, untouched nature spanning out for miles, making for the perfect backdrop for clandestine meetings shared between shadows.
[break][break]

Out in the field, encased in a line of looming trees, a singular man stood with an unown A by his side. He wore inexplicitly plain clothes, masking off any identification from afar. The only notable accessory was the deluge of sweat trailing down his forehead, sticking hair to skin. He'd been waiting there, in the middle of nowhere, long enough for unease to settle on his shoulders. There were consequences for failure, and he knew that as well as he knew the emptied slots of space in front of him. All he needed was a sign. A singular act to show the other would make their appearance, either through messenger or flesh. Possibly a crack of twigs, or even the rustle of bristles would do. Just something - anything - to mark the entry of their awaited guest.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,335 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
RED RESISTANCE
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 4:17:45 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

There was no warning for the unsuspecting man and his Unown-A, no herald of her coming. A tear in the very fabric of reality simply opened up directly in front of him, and The Visionary stepped out.[break][break]
She was small - much shorter than he was - a rather unassuming figure dressed in black, unremarkable save for the Unown that flanked her: one was a shining blue the color of Tera crystals, the other a softly glowing illumina violet. Her pink hair was tied up in a long tail, her face obscured by a simple black scarf acting as a mask. It was cold enough that the layers made practical sense, serving both the purpose of hiding her true identity and keeping her warm.[break][break]
Supposedly, this man had been looking for her. His Unown had connected with hers, drawn her to him like metal to a magnet. She did not recognize his face, though she guessed he was some sort of League agent. She cocked her head at him, curious.[break][break]
"I am The Visionary," she greeted him pleasantly, voice only slightly muffled.[break][break]
He seemed nervous to her, on edge in a disconcerting way. Why was he sweating so much when the temperature in these highlands was quite chill? Nomi's crimson eyes narrowed. Something didn't feel quite right, but she couldn't figure out what. He looked harmless enough - certainly not DRK Triad.[break][break]
Though she supposed she couldn't be too careful. Her enemies were full of tricks.[break][break]
"I believe you have been looking for me?"[break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES - Outfit vibes[break]
"Never can true reconcilement grow where wounds of deadly hate have pierced so deep..."[break]
― John Milton, Paradise Lost

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest8"]--accent:#f798d6;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,706 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
RED RESISTANCE
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 7:18:42 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","penelopepog"]
[attr="class","body"]

Relief could not arrive any sooner. The sight of the visionary was nearly enough to bring the lone man to tears as he kept his place, the unown still looming around his head.
[break][break]
"I have." His voice was as hoarse as she might have expected. A fragile confidence made for poor foundations in this line of business. "I have a message - "
[break][break]
As words left his crusted lips, a bubble of magma seeped upward from the ground beneath the visionary's feet, swallowing the grass and rocks whole, a precursor to the torrent that immediately followed. Like uprising, the magma made for a violent surge upward, it's intent as clear as the words that came with it.
[break][break]
"Your involvement with the league ends here."
[break][break]
Emergent from the shadows, a new figure entered the conversation, languidly and casual. Long ribbons of red, an expression fraught with envy, the councilwoman greeted the other with a voice as discordance as the thrash of battle.
[break][break]
"Hello Visionary."

[break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".penelopepog"]--accent:#f74444;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,335 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
RED RESISTANCE
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 12:51:33 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi was no battle-hardened warrior, no champion of tournaments, no seasoned veteran. Even though she knew the DRK Triad was cunning, and had access to technology most Hoennians could only dream of, a sudden plume of magma was entirely unexpected, and she did not have the reaction time to avoid it entirely.[break][break]
"What - "[break][break]
The Unown saved her, teleporting her backwards before the rippling flames could eat her alive. A small crater formed in the ground, the snow and ice melted into a puddle of muddy liquid where her feet had once been standing. Adrenaline pumping, jacket singed and smoking, Nomi's head whipped around in the direction of the new voice - a woman's.[break][break]
Why had Kallistatus not alerted her? If Holo was - [break][break]
But where she expected to find keen peridot, she found only a blazing, molten gold.[break][break]
Councilwoman emerged from the shadows of a nearby thicket, wreathed in a thick haze of ENVIOUS rage. She stalked towards Nomi, expression a mask of cruel hostility. In the name of justice, this woman would hunt her enemies to the ends of the earth; so vivid was her fiery radiance against the grey backdrop of the snowy hillside, that she seemed to Nomi like the sun come to punish the moon for daring to shine as bright.[break][break]
This was not the DRK Triad, but the League's retribution.[break][break]
"The Coveted," Nomi greeted back, keeping her voice calm, though her heart hammered violently within her chest. "Surely you ought to know that I mean the League no harm. Quite the contrary, in fact."

TAGS[break]
"Never can true reconcilement grow where wounds of deadly hate have pierced so deep..."[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,706 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
RED RESISTANCE
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 8:24:52 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
Reports of a self-proclaimed harbinger of peace had been flooding the HBIC ever since Dewford. Through these small exchanges, this one singular figure was proposing unity among factions. An alliance to end a greater threat to Hoenn's safety.
[break][break]
Needless to say, it was just another piece of Rocket's bait. Prepped and served for Hoenn's most foolish and naive.
[break][break]
"Then why the mask?"
[break][break]
Saccharine curiosity bled from her words, dripping out like a fresh draw of blood. With one step, then another, the councilwoman had already bridged the gap between them. She took her place in the still gurgling splotch of magma, apathetic to its temper. The nameless man was waved off without another thought.
[break][break]
"If you're true to your word, then lets start this partnership," the word nearly struggled to come out, "with some proper introductions."

[break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".penelopepog b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,335 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
RED RESISTANCE
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 17:19:39 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi felt cornered, despite the fact that she was standing in an open expanse. Something about 's demeanor caused her to shrink back, an oppressive weight bearing down on her mind. She fought through the feeling, forcing her body to remain straight and her expression neutral. Wariness flooded her senses, even as the Councilwoman dressed her hostility in words of peace.[break][break]
If the other woman was trying to sound reasonable, it wasn't working.[break][break]
"The mask is a protective measure," Nomi answered carefully. "I would be a fool to openly declare my identity to someone who could easily arrest me for my affiliation with Rocket - unless I could trust her to put the fate of the region above the faction conflict."[break][break]
Her tone was matter-of-fact: the practical assessment of a seasoned scientist, weighing the various outcomes of her current experiment.[break][break]
The way the fiery magma seemed to caress Penelope's legs without burning her was not lost on Nomi.[break][break]
"How will you assure me that you won't come for me after, should I properly introduce myself to you?"

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,706 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
RED RESISTANCE
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 8:54:21 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
"And what's to say you won't twist my assistance to help further your organization's goals," The councilwoman fired back, hostility clear with the way her voice burnt through the forestry.
[break][break]
She knew better than to disregard the threat of an avatar. Especially one aligned to the very legends weaponized by the group capable enough to strangle the creation duo into submission.
[break][break]
"That's the thing about taking calculated risks, Visionary. There aren't any certainties to fall back on."
[break][break]
With one hand, she sent magma leaping forward: a warning placed with no real intention of inflicting any harm onto the other. Or, at least, it might've appeared that way. But it's in reaction to that sudden rise of heat that shadows began to shuffle out in the outskirts of where they stood, far beyond either of their sights.
[break][break]
"For all I know, you're just another terrorist preaching about your utmost care for the region, and in the same breath, supporting its demise by sieging its land, burning down our homes. For what? Greed? Power?"
[/b]

[break][break]

NOTES

[/div]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[/div][/div]

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,335 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
RED RESISTANCE
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 13:09:15 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Dark shapes coalesced around the perimeter of their impromptu meeting place, but Nomi kept her gaze solely focused on . When the magma came streaking towards her, she did not flinch - this time, she was ready. Blue crystal glittered into existence, forming a semi-opaque shield around the Visionary. The magma had not been aimed to kill, but the crystals blocked the spray, protecting Nomi from what would surely have been several third-degree burns.[break][break]
"Last I checked, a significant amount of land burning has come from your side," she replied, waving a hand at the smoking earth where the magma had fallen, as if to emphasize her point. "Your very own Groudon Avatar is as volatile as his title promises. The sort of man who would do unspeakable things if it served him."[break][break]
She had no idea how much intel the League had on and , and though she did not intend to speak of it in detail, her patience was thinning.[break][break]
"There has been violence on both sides of our ongoing conflict, Councilwoman. You cannot deny that. What I want, is for all of us to stand down - for the time being - and focus our efforts on protecting Hoenn, first and foremost, from its largest threat."[break][break]
The Unown hovered on either side of her: glowing sentinels of infinite potential.[break][break]
"The DRK Triad won't care if League or Rocket controls this region - they will destroy it all the same. In fact, they are banking on us doing their work for them by continuing to clash. I'm asking you to set aside your hate for Rocket, or at the very least, redirect it."[break][break]
She spoke with all the steadfast confidence of a prophet, but deep within, doubt had begun to fester. Her skin prickled, anticipating another attack.[break][break]
"We are running out of time."

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,706 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
RED RESISTANCE
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 7:58:47 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
"There is no we, and there will never be one."
[break][break]

Action answers her calls as fiercely as any rebuttal, coming out from the shadows in the form of an enraged HYPER BEAM. At the same time, on the opposite side of the forestry, a row of STONE EDGE erupts from the ground, surrounding her sides in an attempt to entrap her.
[break][break]

It is through this violence that the councilwoman continues.
[break][break]

"Has anyone actually bought this crap? Saying there has been violence on both sides - because what? ?"
[break][break]

The magma around her gurgles with further intensity, rising and falling with her heartbeat. Its reach extends further and further by the second, scorching the ground with its flames, feeding the world a taste of the emotions rushing through her veins.
[break][break]

"Have you forgotten ? ? ? Or do the lives they've taken not matter to you? Tell me, visionary, what has YOUR side done to ensure the safety of Hoenn?"

[break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

[/quote]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,335 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
RED RESISTANCE
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 2:48:07 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The air boiled as Penelope's magma stretched towards Nomi like groping fingers, dripping red with bloody fire. Kallistatus and Mîr circled their Avatar, white streaks of HIDDEN POWER extending outwards towards the source of the HYPER BEAM. An explosion of crackling energy - the smell of ozone tickling Nomi's nostrils - but no impact came: the Unown had prevented any further devastation from reaching her.[break][break]
But they could not stop the STONE EDGE. Trapped though she was, Nomi held her ground, a detached calm grounding her even as the Councilwoman closed in.[break][break]
"My side has protected this region, same as yours," she explained. "We captured Nisa Holo of the DRK Triad during the Meteno incident and interrogated her, attempted to stop her from doing further harm."[break][break]
Shards of glittering blue crystal manifested out of thin air, forming together into a shield, the only barrier standing between Nomi and Penelope's fiery wrath.[break][break]
"And you are not so different from the likes of ," she added, voice growing soft with pointed scrutiny. "You have allied yourself with ruination, have you not?"[break][break]
She waved a hand at the scorched earth, as if to emphasize her point. All around her, Unown began to pop into existence, coming to her aid through their collective bond.[break][break]
"The Unown wish to save this world. What does Chi-Yu want? Do you even know?"

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights