snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
long & lost
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 2:40:26 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]at 's request, she clears her schedule for a rather solid chunk of time... for he had presented an interesting piece of information - one she couldn't simply ignore as it plucked against just the right strings on her limbs:

"Here, Illie! I thought this would he interesting to you so I'll pass this on."

<DRK TRIAD REPORT>

"I'm kind of worried about her, Illie, to be honest. But you know about this stuff way better than me. Anyways, if you meet with her, can you do me a favor and check in on her? Just make sure she's alright, ya know?".

and that, perhaps, is how she finds herself drifting from her research toward the faint, barely there ripple in reality by her laboratory's door. she's gotten better at understanding the little tells - the small signals before a human soul shuffles spatial matter around.

"come on in!"

her voice rings out like a welcoming bell, whether her guest knocks or not.

the alchemist's research is left behind, then, in favor of shifting toward the door to offer a hand once has made her way through the threshold. her smile is warm, though slightly tinged with a professional air.

"i'm illeana reyes, head scientist - it's a pleasure!"

a beat passes before she fills in the spaces once more.

"how could i help you?"

canon connections.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
long & lost
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 20:33:12 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

If she didn't trust Josh and Ollie as much as she did, Yuina may not have even considered this... But it was far from too late for that now.[break]
Ollie had arranged it all, a time and a place, an invitation, a reason to go and see an who was a leading scientist with the league. Josh had mentioned her before, when Yuina spoke about the distortions that she had become intimately familiar with... But she still didn't have any answers for herself...[break][break]
And what's worse, it sounded like one of the Pokemon theorized to possibly be involved in the general idea of time-space distortions was with her...[break][break]
'I bet she could help you... She and Palkia are friends now...'[break][break]
But did that mean that she and Yuina were to be friends? Did that mean that she wasn't terrified of the idea of being in proximity to one of the Pokemon that could possibly have something to do with what happened to her? What if she got answers out of this? What if she didn't...?[break]
Yuina didn't know which felt worse... And whatever could happen would be out of her control, just like everything else... It sounded like Illeana was a high ranking league representative... Like ... What did she know already? What did Ollie tell her? What would Illeana tell the council after this...[break][break]
It was too late, Yuina felt a pang in her chest as a voice called out, inviting her in... She was known...[break][break]
She walked in through the doors, greeted by a woman that introduced herself as Illeana. Yuina shuffled for a moment, her posture rigid, closed, she didn't want to be here... Not when she couldn't keep herself grounded...[break]
"Hi, uhm, I'm Yuina... I'm sure Ollie already mentioned that though...," she returned... How much did she know, about why she was here?[break][break]
"...Ollie recommended I come meet with you, I've been doing a lot of field work around Distortions, and I had a really awful run in with that Hoopa in the icelands... I guess I just want to make sure I'm okay," Yuina started, which was partially true. Always living in half truths. She'd been going through a lot of different portals and dimensions, it was fair to make sure that she was alright, in a way that a regular check up couldn't see?

notes[break]
Mission: Canon Connections Feb '24 -> Pokemon League[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
long & lost
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 2:46:13 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her smile is genuine, warm in the way it curls upward into her cheeks.

"he did, but it's nice to put a face to the name! he speaks highly of you, you know."

is, at his core, a great friend and colleague. when he cares, he goes more than the extra mile. and with yuina presented to the alchemist as someone who needs assistance, she would care for her just as ollie would.

"i can definitely help with that."

she gestures, then, toward the plush chairs positioned in front of her desk.

"here, let's have a seat. do you mind if i ask a few questions before we start the check up?"

silence rises and after a moment, she shifts it out of existence.

"i'd like to take a few samples to see if there's anything out of the ordinary, but knowing your experiences with the distortions field work and any dimensional occurrences would help narrow things down a bit."

canon connections.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
long & lost
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 18:03:34 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

That sounded like Ollie... No matter where she went, who she met with, if Ollie had a hand in it, he praised her with that same confidence. She almost wanted to scream... She didn't deserve it...[break]
"He's too kind... I'm not really doing anything different from the other Rangers," Yuina returned, her eyes cast down... It was a lot of pressure, wanting to live up to his praise, to try and deserve it... Did that make her work stronger?[break][break]
Yuina was invited further inside, towards the chairs that sat on the guest side of her desk it seemed, and at least for the moment it sounded like Illeana accepted her weak half truth of just wanting to make sure she was alright...[break][break]
"Yeah, that's fair... I don't mind," Yuina returned, moving to sit, glancing to Illeana then as she wondered what kind of work it was exactly she was doing with distortions and other dimensional occurences...[break][break]
"Uhm, well I've been doing a lot of reconniasance work around route 119 since the Megalopolan incident... There's been a handful of time-space distortions in that area since then, including one in the Safari Zone," Yuina recounted, though she did well to push away the voices that called to her within its depths... Calling her an anomaly...[break][break]
"They're unpredictable, so I have been inside a handful of those distortions, without meaning to be... And there was also a break into the Reverse World too that I got trapped in for a time," Yuina expressed, recalling her time with that Rocket Terrorist when they ran out into the broken pieces of their reality...[break][break]
"I've been making various trips to Ultra Space, for recon work, and then out in the icelands that monster Hoopa dragged me through one of its portals, but... I don't really remember anything that happened, if anything did, in that short moment...," Yuina divulged, the most recent peril she'd faced, and never mind the portal she stepped to that seemed to be a point in a past that didn't connect with this present... She didn't feel keen on sharing that one...[break]
"I don't know... If there's really anything to worry about? I know I'm not the only one doing that kind of work, but I'm kind of new to all of this still, so I guess, I just want to make sure I'm alright..."

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
long & lost
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 5:18:38 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]with a slight nod, illeana begins to jot down notes as yuina speaks. each instance of the woman's encounters is etched into the lines of her notebook.

and when she's finished, the alchemist hums in interest.

"well, you've had a handful of different experiences... let's narrow down each instance, okay?"

she starts with the largest one first: ultra space.

"when you say ultra space, do you mean the dimensional rifts that are currently open around the region?"

while they are doors to other places, they are not classified in the same way. she looks for clarification to make a better judgement and, perhaps, a remark to ease the mind. ultra space, however, is a different beast entirely for its current state of decay does not allow for access in the way it used to.

"if so, those rifts are unlikely to cause any changes. they are not of the same composition as an ultra wormhole is."

similar, but slightly different.

"hoopa's portals and the distortion world's rifts are also unlikely for the same regard, i would say."

that leaves distortions...

"now, the space-time distortions are a bit of a different beast. we have seen evidence of distortions causing changes to multiple civilians so it is possible there could be changes from those."

a beat passes and her eyes soften slightly before prying further.

"if you feel comfortable, would you mind describing your experiences in distortions for me?"

canon connections.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
long & lost
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 19:03:31 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Having divulged most of the otherwise 'special' work she had done within her time as a Ranger, all of the various portals and whatnot that she had come into contact with, Yuina was at least glad to know that none of them were particularly dangerous... Especiall having been drug through that portal by that Monster Hoopa...[break]
Though that in and of itself had only been dangerous as it tossed her away after the fact. It came down to the Time-Space distortions that she had been following so avidly, that there had been reports of changes and effects... So it was probably good that she was doing this... Maybe...[break][break]
"I was one of the rangers that reported in on the Route 119 missing person's case... There's been a lot of distortions around that area since then, and I've been doing a lot of field work to make sure nothing else has happened," Yuina returned, she had been doing a lot of field work around the Fortree Area and otherwise, but not for reporting purposes...[break][break]
"The first distortion I came into contact with though was in the warehouse district in Slateport in the summer, and I feel like every distortion since then gets... Easier? I don't know if that's the right word, but I don't feel them as much now, as I did then," she continued, unsure of how exactly to explain it.[break][break]
"The pressure of everything shifting within the distortion used to be deafening, like it was putting pressure on not just my head but my entire body. Everything being broken inside of distortions used to be difficult to sift through, like watching something moving past you at a blazing speed while you're standing still, but it hasn't felt that intense... I think I passed out initially in Slateport, and my Pokemon brought me out, but every distortion since then, I don't feel like I have as much trouble..."

notes[break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
long & lost
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 3:21:51 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as yuina continues, the alchemist continues to jot little notes down. the sound of pen against paper fills small spaces, but it's not enough to disrupt her explanation.

it makes sense, even without a sense of expertise nestled beneath her belt. the body adjusts in fascinating ways to even the most dire of circumstances in time.

"i suspect they feel easier because your body is adjusting with prolonged exposure."

her pen stills and after a moment, her eyes drift up to reconnect with yuina's.

"i don't believe it's anything to worry about at the moment, however - it's a normal occurrence with multiple trips into a harsh environment."

she makes a small note to check for any anomalies on a genetic or molecular level all the same before resuming the act of data collection.

"have you noticed anything out of the ordinary during the distortions? something that you might not have experienced before like energy, visions, or voices?"

canon connections.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
long & lost
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 19:35:38 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The stillness of everything save for the quiet sounds of pen marring paper was stifling. Yuina wasn't comfortable in this space, she wasn't sure if she would ever be, no matter how neutral and otherwise kind Illeana was truly being. No judgements were being passed, no intrusions, but she still had to wonder what she did or didn't already know... And if the Pokemon Palkia was in close proximity...[break][break]
Maybe this would all just be quick, and she could just thank Ollie for his concern and move on.... Move on with what exactly, she wasn't sure, but the uncertainty of everything was gnawing at her. She wanted to find things for herself about herself, she didn't want anyone to tell her anything...[break][break]
It sounded like she didn't have much of anything to worry about, physically at least. Knowing that everything she had gone through thus far and how many times she worked around distortions wasn't going to do much other than condition her body. And she would take that, even though she knew it wasn't entirely truthful. Being on the other side of a distortion could be different than just being inside of one...[break][break]
Yuina glanced up though at Illeana's next set of questioning though, anything out of the ordinary, visions... voices...[break]
"What? What would that mean, if someone did experience visions or voices," Yuina couldn't stop the question even if she'd tried...

notes[break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights