he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Trouble in Paradise [M/C]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 17:45:12 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg8"]

[attr="class","header"]EVERYDAY BY MYSELF I’M BREAKING DOWN

[attr="class","setting"]

Things weren't black and white, he knew that. He was well aware that everyone was capable of good and evil, no matter where a person came from.
[break][break]
And yet, he couldn't accept people's distrust of the league. Well, maybe not the League itself, but the rangers. He just couldn't ignore people having distrust towards the rangers.
[break][break]
He wasn't sure why that was.
[break][break]
Things didn't usually bother him.
[break][break]
But this did.
[break][break]
Maybe it was because he had grown up faced with his father's scorn. He knew what it was like to be looked at with contempt. Not that he had seen anyone looking at him like that.
[break][break]
But still...
[break][break]
A small sigh escaped as he brought the thermos to his lips. After gulping down a bit of coffee, he lowered the thermos and looked around.
[break][break]
His partner still wasn't in sight.
[break][break]
Not that he was really expecting the older male to be here yet. After all, he had gotten here a bit too early. Earlier than was probably necessary.
[break][break]
Nerves hadn't brought him out so early though.
[break][break]
No, he had just wanted to get out of the house. But not wanting to risk the chance of getting caught up doing something else and running late, he had decided to make his way to the meeting spot, even if he was a little early.
[break][break]
But now that he had nothing to do but wait, he couldn't help but think.
[break][break]
To have doubts.
[break][break]
There was a large part of him that doubted him and Oliver would be able to make much of a difference. That they would be able to change the minds of those around them.
[break][break]
Growing up the way he had, he had come to find that things didn't usually work like that. Once people made up their mind about something or someone, they didn't usually change their opinion.
[break][break]
He had to at least try though.
[break][break]
Show people that he and the other rangers were there for them.
[break][break]
That their faith had never been misplaced.
[break][break]
Finishing the rest of the coffee, he slipped the empty thermos into his bag and waited. Waited for the older male to arrive.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/g0QJYTHP/IMG-1757.gif);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
Pain makes you stronger, heartbreak makes you wiser, and fear makes you braver
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 5:13:47 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
Public opinion mattered a lot. Regions rose and fell on that one metric, more often than not. It also may have turned the tide in a war or two as well. It was also a fickle thing. Part of him wondered just how well was the League really run here, not just the rangers. Sadly, there's been a number of public relations nightmares throughout the years. It kind of pissed him off that those responsible for those nightmares were still allowed in the ranks, and not stripped of their titles and thrown to the Sharpedo. It made him wonder just how desperate Hoenn was to keep such people in their ranks instead of in a dungeon.

Then again, that's also probably why Johto had sent him here two years ago. And this little venture and public relations was a step in repairing that trust. While his partner was very much competant, in some areas more so than he, Ollie was a little concerned over the man's general stoicism. He did wonder just how the man will do in this situation. And if it was horrible, that Oliver was more than able to cover it up. He was a good ten minutes early, but here Ever was. More punctual than usual. Was he actually excited for this? With a wave, Oliver greeted the other man. "Yo. Didn't think you'd be excited for something like this. Ready?"

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 20:23:57 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg8"]

[attr="class","setting"]

He wasn't expecting Oliver to arrive so soon. His watch told him he was ten minutes early, showing that they had both thought of arriving early, though probably for different reasons.
[break][break]
Excited?
[break][break]
As if. He just didn't feel like staying in his house anymore. Not that he had anything against his place in Fortree. He just preferred spending as much time as he could outside.
[break][break]
"Cabin fever, actually. I just wanted out of the house. I didn't want to risk getting caught up doing something and running late, so I decided to make my way here," he corrected the older male, simply nodding to the last part of his comment to show he was ready.
[break][break]
Or at least as ready as he could be.
[break][break]
If only the doubts would leave him alone.
[break][break]
Speaking of doubts, he wondered how Oliver felt about all this. If he had his own doubts about the mission. He couldn't just outright ask, though. He couldn't ask him if he had doubts about the mission.
[break][break]
Instead of asking about the mission, he decided to ask something else. "I don't suppose we have time to grab a cup of coffee to go from somewhere?"
[break][break]
Him asking for something was a first. What next, him actually smiling?
[break][break]
Usually, he didn't make his coffee addiction so obvious, but he was still feeling pretty tired. Something that another cup of coffee would fix.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/g0QJYTHP/IMG-1757.gif);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 2:21:29 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
The pink haired man had evidently spent too much time inside, and really needed to get out. Oliver laughed a bit. "That happens to the best of us! I don't understand how the higher ups can stand being in an office all day...I bet their cabin fever is horrendous!" While he may be aiming for a promotion, he hoped to not be so high in the food chain as to be forced to stay in an office all day. As they walked, Ever did ask a question. "We still have a little bit of time, but try to make it quick." Coffee can be a life saver, especially when it's going to be a long day.

Luckily there was another coffee shop close by. Pointing it out, he waited for Ever to go in and get his coffee. It did give him a brief moment to think about this job. It was basically just introducing themselves and answering questions. Pretty low key. But anything can happen. Here in Hoenn, there are many things that can go wrong.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 20:33:33 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg7"]

[attr="class","setting"]

At the thought of working behind a desk all day, he inwardly cringed. He would go stir crazy if that were the case. He needed to be in motion, to be off helping the Pokémon region. He could imagine just sitting behind a desk doing paperwork. That just had to be torture, not to mention probably didn’t occupy one enough to keep someone from thinking about stuff they would rather not think about.
[break][break]
“Yeah, I definitely don’t envy them. If there ever comes a day where I talk about sitting behind a desk all day, make sure I don’t have a high fever or something, will you? Because I’ll probably be delirious from a high fever if I start talking like that,” he said with a shake of his head.
[break][break]
After that, silence lapsed for a bit as they walked before he asked if there was time to make a bit of a coffee run. He hadn’t been expecting a positive response, so when he was told there was enough time, he was surprised, not that he showed it. Instead, he simply nodded in thanks.
[break][break]
When the coffee shop came into sight, he headed inside and returned a few minutes later with a large coffee. Luckily, he did not have to wait in line or have anyone who had ordered before him.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/Px9QpS0r/IMG-2288.webp);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg7 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 3:36:52 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
"Same. I may want to get promoted, but not so high up that I'm stuck at one." Both of them were in agreement about desk jockies. There was always at least a little bit of paperwork to do, but generally speaking, it was only some reports. Nothing too much. Moving on, Ever was quick. What he didn't expect was a large coffee. Blinking a couple times, he just chuckled and continued walking. Near the gym, there was a crowd of people, and someone talking. Some kind of presentation, and nothing too exciting. Until the person at the podium spotted them. "And may I present to you two of our finest rangers, Oliver Shrakes and Ever Blackwell!" Wouldn't have hurt to use ranks? With a friendly wave, the crowd gave them applauses.

That was nice. Oliver took the stage initially. This part likely wasn't Ever's strong suit. The punk ranger swiftly used his charm to convince people that they were in good hands, even throwing in a need for more recruits to assist with the various disasters and Team Rocket. Throughout all of this, there were a trio of people in the back, frowning and looking suspicious as hell. He hoped Ever noticed and would keep an eye on them. They reeked of trouble. Still, he kept the main crowd's attention on him.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 14:03:16 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg7"]

[attr="class","setting"]

It seemed they were in agreement. Being stuck behind a desk would stink. Though he supposed that as long as he wouldn’t be landed with a desk job, he wouldn’t mind rising through the ranks either. Besides, at some point, he would like to feel like he was on the same level as his partner and not that he needed some kind of babysitter.
[break][break]
Ignoring the others amusement at his choice of a large coffee, he simply took a sip of it as he followed the older male. Soon enough, they can't come across a group of people near the gym. They were spotted sooner than he would actually like, and he beckoned forward.
[break][break]
As they were introduced, he had to bite his tongue from pointing out that the speaker had no way of knowing whether or not he and Oliver were the rangers finest, least of all him. It would be quite a disparaging comment to make, especially about himself. With more coffee in his system, he knew better than that. I couldn’t deal with the strange looks such comments brought today, so it was best just to keep his mouth shut.
[break][break]
Luckily, the older male took it upon himself to address the crowd. Ever wasn’t exactly what one would call a people person. Especially not when it came to crowds. He thought standing before a crowd was better than being in one.
[break][break]
He was quick to notice that all but three people in the crowd cheered. Three of them hung back with frowns—more like scowls, if he was honest. Something about them screamed trouble, and he was instantly on guard, not that that wasn’t his normal state of being.
[break][break]
As Oliver spoke to the masses, he kept an eye on the three, though he made sure not to make it too obvious that he was watching them. Still, he couldn’t help feeling annoyed when one finally decided to step forward and challenge what Oliver was saying, even if he had kind of been expecting it.
[break][break]
Some of his points had something to do with the takeover of Sootopolis, like they actually had anything to do with that, as well as what had happened with the Silent Icelands. His two companions were quick to agree, while the crowd was a mix of people who looked unimpressed by their points and those who seemed uncertain about whether or not they believed him.
[break][break]
Realizing just what the troublemakers were trying to do, he resisted the urge to sigh. It seemed their goal was to start a riot.
[break][break]
Before their plan could come to fruition, he decided dispelling the crowd's concern had to be done. His first instinct was to claim that what happened at Sootopolis had nothing to do with their line of work. Nor could they control what a legendary Pokémon did. However, he quashed that instinct instead, deciding upon a different tactic.
[break][break]
“Like everyone else, we are just humans, and we make mistakes. There is no such thing as a perfect human being, and those who say they are are lying to themselves. What matters is that we try and make up for our mistakes,” he told them, not willing to say more on the subject. Hopefully Oliver would further dispel the mood since it wasn’t exactly his strong point.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/Px9QpS0r/IMG-2288.webp);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg7 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 1:57:04 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
Well, now it begins. "The Sootopolis City battle is part of why I was sent here from Johto. And Ever is a very promising recruit just recently joined, and is in my opinion ready to be a full blown cadet already. In addition, we're not military, though often work with them in certain catastrophies, such as the case with the Icelands and even the Meteno incidents. Nevertheless, the ones that complain the loudest are typically the laziest or most unsupportive bunch. Defeating Team Rocket is a team effort between both the citizens and League. Now obviously, I don't encourage citizens to join in on the war, even though the help is appreciated. But supporting us in other ways. Reporting suspicious activity, potential Legendary sightings, etc. Though also keep in mind that nobody's perfect."

Ever chimed in. Not exactly the direction that he would take it, but still very true and still in line with his last comment. "And that is why teamwork is so important. Not just between trainers and their Pokemon, but also among comrades. Plans also tend to not survive contact with the enemy. Not to mention the lack of control over such legends as Kyreum, Dialga, Palkia, and others. That said, remember that we also stopped Meteno from colliding, and destroyed the barrier cutting us off from the outside world. Obviously, there is still a lot of work to do. And only so much manpower and resources to use. We can't be everywhere at once, and major areas of contention always get the most attention.

So I challenge you, sir, and your comrades, to join the military or Ranger Academy. Prove that you have what it takes to tip the scales in our favor. If not, then do what you can in other areas. Help your fellow Hoenians that have lost homes and businesses, had their way of life turned upside down. Find and report suspected Rocket members or report known ones their last known locations. Help restore Pokemon habitats to their former selves via cleaning or planting new foliage. There are countless ways to help. But all you're doing is complaining. If you got time to complain, you got time to roll up your sleeves and get to work. So what say you? Do you accept my challenge?"
That put the attention back on the trio, and the formerly uncertain ones now having a bit more to talk about. Oliver didn't just awknowledge the flaws, but also highlighted some successes. He also engaged the citizenry in a way that most didn't seem to think about. Yes, the military and rangers did try to investigate and head off danger. But they also couldn't be everywhere at once. People had to report it with details, so they could send a team to investigate.

It also highlighted some simple facts. Legends were unpredictable. And Team Rocket were experts in hiding like cowards. Oliver also turned it into a potential recruiting ground. The three were taken aback by this turn of events. To Oliver, it seemed like they were split on running away or trying to challenge him. Do it. Dragonite is more than enough to take you three on. Hell, Ever by himself is more than enough, you pathetic fools. So please, continue to embarass yourselves.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights