5,954 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Growing Pains [G]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 16:25:51 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was a machine Josh had used three times. The kind doctor had helped locate a replacement Absolite for the one Kyurem destroyed. Thanks to and , she could Mega Evolve today. With support from , Josh was able to retrieve a Sharpedonite from the depths of the ocean, inside of a dastardly temple he still needed to uncover all the secrets of. And one day, he would have a Pidgeotite, too. "When a Pokémon Mega Evolves, it's like giving it a whole second wind, like it just got out of a Pokémon Center. With the right timing, it's like having seven Pokémon on your belt instead of six."

False wings sprouted from Twilight's shoulders, making her look almost like an angel. Her presence may have been overwhelming as she let out a battle cry, baring her teeth and raising her sharp, elongated claws before becoming calm again. Her bladed tail lengthened and looked sharp enough to cut gemstone. Her transformation made her taller, too, yet her riding gear seemed to still fit just fine. Did that mean that Josh had trained to Mega Evolve her while her saddle was occupied? That must have been an amazing feeling.

"That's what Mega Evolution looks like. They can't maintain their forms forever, though; in battle, it lasts long enough to use about three moves. Out of battle, there are limits, too. From my experience, a Pokémon can hold its Mega Evolved form for around ten minutes. Of course, it varies from Pokémon to Pokémon, and even from individual to individual. If you want to learn more about Mega Evolution, I strongly recommend getting ahold of Dr. Eva, like I said before. There is no one in Hoenn that is a greater expert of Mega Evolution than her."

With that, their meeting was coming to an end, though he imagined their next wasn't far off. "Now don't forget, once I get the paperwork sent off to the League, you won't be able to re-challenge Mauville Gym for 45 calendar days from today's date. Use that time to improve your skills as a Trainer. If you take what you've learned and apply it, I'm sure you'll win next time. Best of luck, Masha!" With that, he directed the young lady back to the office building...

will be able to re-challenge Mauville City Gym no earlier than MAY 12, 2024.

{PC: 8}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Vitani          Pyroar            Fair 
Twilight        Absol             Good
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights