thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,719 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
to what end?
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 11:10:09 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","becky underbossbeck"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

at the end of his training session with one of the elites, theo's short walk back to his office is interrupted by his fellow underboss. he thinks nothing of it, no concern or suspicion rising as he regards with a nod of his head.[break][break]

"underboss fiorelli."[break][break]

he turns down the corridor, expecting her to follow.[break][break]

"were you waiting for me?"

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".underbossbeck"] --accent:#716075!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".becky"] --accent: #716075 } .becky b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .becky i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .becky { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .becky .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .becky .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .becky .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .becky .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .becky .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".becky .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".becky .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .becky .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .becky .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
to what end?
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 2:14:49 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Beckett," was her curt, nonchalant reply.[break][break]

She fell into step behind him, walking in the length of his shadow as she studied him from the back. The Kanto veteran had a stoic presence about him, she'd always thought -- a misleading calmness of demeanor that shrouded the sheer depths of his cruelty from view.[break][break]

Even his voice, so even and level, hid the depravity behind the genteel mask.[break][break]

"I wanted to inquire after Admin Cross," she opened, glancing up at him with such intensity he could likely feel her stare boring through the back of his skull. "I encountered him in the medical bay recently. The results were... harrowing, to put it mildly."[break][break]

Her own voice remained level, too. Calm, as he ever was. There was nothing to betray the intensity of emotion that day had awakened in her, save for the way her heartbeat had begun to speed up as she prepared to speak again.[break][break]

"I wondered if you were better informed of the situation than I."

[attr="class","ooc"][break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,719 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
to what end?
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 7:21:53 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"harrowing is a strong descriptor."[break][break]

one that betrays 's feelings on the matter, but the way she has taken the time out of her busy day to confront him in the first place is telling enough.[break][break]

he turns a corner.[break][break]

"it is nothing admin cross isn't able to handle nor is it anything out of the realm of what is expected of him, or anyone for that matter as a member of team rocket."[break][break]

his words are curt and short.[break][break]

"in other words, relax."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".becky"] --accent: #716075 } .becky b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .becky i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .becky { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .becky .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .becky .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .becky .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .becky .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .becky .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".becky .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".becky .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .becky .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .becky .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
to what end?
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 7:55:30 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Explain it to me, then."[break][break]

Her reply plunged into an icy, accusatory tenor.[break][break]

'Relax,' he'd said. As if she wasn't already the picture of restraint, fantasizing about acting on the violent impulses this discovery had awakened in her.[break][break]

Fire kindled the worst of fears in her, and possessed the same liabilities that she did.[break][break]

To torment that Ruinous Avatar was a promise that, one day, would torment her, too.[break][break]

"What was expected of him?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,719 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
to what end?
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 8:36:21 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"basic comprehension, something he seems to be struggling with. normally, we'd cut them loose, but i'm sure i don't have to explain to you why cross is a special exception."[break][break]

because and fall under the same bucket: avatars who have sided with ruinous beings whose intentions remain unclear, clouded by a thick mist that refuses to fade.[break][break]

arriving at his office, he twists the handle and enters, leaving the door open behind him.[break][break]

"if our personnel are struggling to adhere to simple instructions, then they must be taught to do so."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
to what end?
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 18:50:08 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Which instructions? Do you mean the recent event in the Silent Icelands?"[break][break]

Hazily, she recalled the way the Admin had acted on the battlefield, but so much had occurred she hadn't paid his rogue behavior much mind.[break][break]

Clearly had been paying their latest Avatar close attention.[break][break]

She entered his office and took a seat without asking, presuming this familiarity between them when they truthfully shared none. Her eyes scanned the room before settling on his tall figure, considering him.[break][break]

"Did you believe your techniques to be effective?" she asked drily. "Or will they be made to continue until they are?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,719 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
to what end?
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 4:52:52 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

was not the only one subjected to theo's scrutiny during the recent incident, the likes of , , and even herself were given the same treatment, but out of the rocket-aligned avatars, admin cross had been the only one who failed to listen.[break][break]

"i do."[break][break]

he rounds his desk and sits, not yet meeting her gaze as he reaches into a drawer.[break][break]

"i employ a variety of techniques that have all proven to be effective. admin cross is aware of said techniques and has even employed them himself in his training with others."[break][break]

pulling out a pack of cigarettes, he offers one to her, courteous as ever.[break][break]

"in his case, i rely on what has worked previously. there is a reason he is one of our strongest assets, after all, and that wouldn't have happened without the proper guidance. wouldn't you agree?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
to what end?
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 4:58:39 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She received the cigarette between two fingers, letting him light it if he so preferred. Otherwise, her hand would extend awaiting a match.[break][break]

Nicotine did nothing for her anymore, but sometimes the memory of it was enough to slake addiction.[break][break]

"You could have killed him," she remarked idly, watching as the tiny flame flickered to light the cigarette. "Fires have a way of getting out of hand, in my experience."[break][break]

She blew out a ring of smoke towards him, watching it ripple out in the confines of his small office.[break][break]

"If we lost such a precious asset, what do you think the consequences would be, hm?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,719 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
to what end?
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 10:07:35 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

he lights the cigarette for her before doing the same for himself.[break][break]

"it was a calculated risk i knew i could take."[break][break]

correcting , he clarifies that the techniques she questions are methodical and founded on decades of knowledge and experience—experience she does not yet have. hence his confusion which quickly fades the more they talk.[break][break]

"few if not none, i imagine."[break][break]

he takes a drag, exhaling smoke towards her with an underlying threat that applies to everyone in the organization, even himself.[break][break]

"he would simply be replaced."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
to what end?
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 18:26:50 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Everyone is disposable," she continued, her emerald eyes sharpening into focus, "but not everyone is replaceable in the same way, no. Those are two different concepts, Beckett."[break][break]

The wisps of smoke gathered around her in warning, but she ignored it. Her experience had not been forged in Rocket, as his had, but it was nonetheless experienced forged in the art of survival.[break][break]

There were always hierarchies of power: those who could abuse power successfully, and those who could not.[break][break]

She'd been the latter long enough to know the difference.[break][break]

"Chien-Pao is like Wo-Chien. They are hungry, gluttonous creatures in active pursuit of Avatars. Should Cross and I die, they will simply find another suitable vessel for their ends. Chi-Yu and have proven they choose for individual reasons, not for ideals."[break][break]

She dangled the cigarette between her fingers, cocking her head at him.[break][break]

"If you killed Cross, Chien-Pao would go hunting for another being capable of giving it what it wanted. You could kill an ally to gain an enemy. I'd call that a consequence."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,719 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
to what end?
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 4:59:31 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"after recent events, some may call it a blessing."[break][break]

despite his fondness of , there is a clear absence of it in his voice now as he speaks to , replaced by a coldness that doesn't seem as distant as it once was.[break][break]

"i would rather discard an ally than have them be a hindrance to us all. you said it yourself, they are hungry, gluttonous creatures. their avatars are simply a means to an end. it's difficult for me or anyone to place our trust in them when basic orders are not adhered to."[break][break]

smoke fills the space between them.[break][break]

"you seem to have a better grasp over wo-chien. have you tried helping him with chien-pao?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
to what end?
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 6:32:34 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Why do you think I tried to kill him at the Cave of Origin?" she asked him pointedly. "I understood the pact he was being dragged into."[break][break]

Death was more merciful, in some ways, than a life tied to another being's will.[break][break]

She took another drag, letting her thoughts marinate in the silence. Another cloud of grey exhaled from her lips, settling in the room between them.[break][break]

"Once the pact has been made, though, you make due. Yes. I have been working with him, to the best of my ability."[break][break]

The memory of bloodstains on pure white snowbanks briefly filled her mind, an unnerving contrast to 's numb response to his own injury. He didn't understand the cost of his power in his raging battle against , but she did.[break][break]

It took a toll. Her battle against and certainly had.[break][break]

Her lips curved into a semblance of a smile, one far too sharp to convey warmth.[break][break]

"My late husband's family used to breed Tepigs into Emboars. Did you know that? They're an aggressive species. You have to mind how you handle them when they're young, and still forming their understanding of the world."[break][break]

She clicked her tongue, burying the conclusion of that observation with another.[break][break]

"Cross is still in the infancy of his Avatarship. What we teach him now will hold weight later."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,719 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
to what end?
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 5:00:18 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

his head tilts, suspicious of the words weaves.[break][break]

"you killed him because you were following 's orders."[break][break]

and theo had defied those orders alongside because he believed in . so far, his belief has not paid off.[break][break]

she brings up her late husband's family.[break][break]

"i did not know that, no, but to compare admin cross to a tepig is interesting, to say the least."[break][break]

he taps on the end of his cigarette, scattering ash into a tray on his desk.[break][break]

"but i agree. he is still in the infancy of his avatarship, so let me do what i do best."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
to what end?
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 5:22:42 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"You don't really believe that, do you, Beckett?" She tilted back her head and laughed, a sardonic tinge to her amusement. "Do I seem such a meek and obedient creature as that to you? Come now."[break][break]

He couldn't pretend to think her blindly acting on Walsh's orders, not when he'd revealed his true thoughts of her loyalty during their last discussion.[break][break]

She wasn't possessed of such a short and fickle memory. Grudges were lasting things.[break][break]

"Humor my analogy a moment." The cigarette rested on the opposite side of a tray on his desk, sprinkling ashen dust as she tapped it once, then twice, before allowing it to settle there. "If you only punish a Tepig in its infancy, then it will learn to fear and to resent you. It will flinch and it will recoil at your approach, but for a time, it shall be obedient."[break][break]

As she spoke, her green eyes flitted to meet his, holding his stare with silent severity.[break][break]

"Yet once it comes into its power, that Emboar shall turn on you. Violence begets violence." She rested her chin on her hand, examining him. "You must ensure that the hand that strikes, is also the hand that the creature eats from. That your words soothe as much as they torment. That is how such a creature bonds to you -- through being rewarded for their suffering."[break][break]

A sharp and terrible clarity had dawned on her when she'd first discovered this horrific truth: that she had been conditioned in this exact same manner by the man she'd pledged herself to. Only unmasking that truth's ugliness had broken its power over her.[break][break]

"Human beings are creatures like any other. We can be trained in such a way that we ache to please those who make us suffer most."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,719 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
to what end?
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 7:09:04 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i agree with your analogy."[break][break]

he says, holding 's gaze.[break][break]

"however, you fail to account for all the work i have done. when he came to me, he was but a mere boy, small and weak, like a tepig. most would have left him to die. but look at where he is now and understand that admin cross is my doing. without me, he would've been nothing."[break][break]

without theo, would have never lived.[break][break]

"tell me, fiorelli, is it the effectiveness of my techniques that you question? do share your concerns."

[attr="class","bottom"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing