thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,710 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
venture forth
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 10:51:02 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","becky underbossbeck"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

further investigation into 's powers is required and should be expected, and so they carve out time in their busy schedules to venture into AREA ZERO, well aware of the associated risks but as two of rocket's finest, they should be fine.[break][break]

it is not AREA ZERO theo fears, regardless.[break][break]

"does necrozma care about tera crystals?"[break][break]

he asks a question to disrupt the silence between them as they continue their descent, walking along a long tunnel that should break out into the open.

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".underbossbeck"] --accent:#716075!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".becky"] --accent: #716075 } .becky b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .becky i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .becky { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .becky .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .becky .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .becky .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .becky .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .becky .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".becky .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".becky .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .becky .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .becky .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
3,048 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
venture forth
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 16:53:19 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev had not anticipated using all his powers during the battle against Kyurem, but the fight necessitated them. Like the time he'd demonstrated them to , he'd ended up utterly exhausted afterward, requiring a full day's recovery. [break][break]

At least, with 's help, Zev had a better understanding of how to refuel. Light and energy. As he emerged from the tunnel with Theo, he wondered if he could put the Tera crystals to use somehow. [break][break]

Apparently, Theo had thoughts of a similar vein. Zev shook his head at the underboss' question. [break][break]

"No. Not to my knowledge," he replied. "Though that could always change. And it does make me wonder about the differences between the energy of these Tera crystals and other energy types, like Infinity Energy and Dynergy." [break][break]

At his side strode his silver-colored Iron Leaves, a recent procurement from his wife.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,710 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
venture forth
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 4:52:24 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

the question he posed is meant to build on the hypothesis he had come up with when they visited lesser megalopolis. then, he saw firsthand the capabilities of their powers, and more importantly, the costs of wielding them.[break][break]

"and how was your recovery after the kyurem incident?"[break][break]

he looks over curiously.[break][break]

"i only ask as tera crystals could potentially aid in your recovery. light is what fuels you, correct?"[break][break]

though they had never spoken about it, theo shares his hypothesis with the assumption that it is accurate.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".becky"] --accent: #716075 } .becky b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .becky i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .becky { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .becky .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .becky .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .becky .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .becky .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .becky .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".becky .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".becky .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .becky .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .becky .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
3,048 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
venture forth
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 16:29:16 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev glanced sidelong at Theo. He had always been loath to reveal anything that others could perceive as vulnerabilities or weaknesses. The fact he might have any at all still chafed at him, fueling him to find solutions to remove those weaknesses entirely. [break][break]

Yet he could not lie then, not when so many members of Team Rocket had witnessed him during the battle against Kyurem. They saw the laser and what happened to Zev afterward. [break][break]

The way he'd fallen. The way his body refused to keep going. [break][break]

"It was fine," Zev reassured Theo, keeping his voice neutral despite the aggravation rising in his chest. [break][break]

In the same vein, there was no use lying to the underboss that he used light as fuel. [break][break]

"That's correct. Oscar's quick thinking with his Xurkitree ensured I wouldn't need more than a day off for recovery. It makes me think I should get one myself soon. Or a similar Pokémon, at any rate." [break][break]

Zev paused in front of a wall of glittering Tera crystals. Their gleam was both alluring and dangerous, a beacon and a warning. He contemplated them briefly before making another admission. [break][break]

"I tried to replenish myself with Dynergy straight from a Power Spot once. It wasn't compatible with my body, though, which is why I wonder about the different energies."

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,710 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
venture forth
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 10:17:30 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"you did well then."[break][break]

more than well. tipped the scales in their favor and placed them in a more favorable position, allowing them the space and freedom to juggle different priorities. it's just a shame they couldn't focus on one at a time.[break][break]

he dismisses his annoyance at quickly for it has no place today.[break][break]

"but you were lucky to escape."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,048 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
venture forth
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 1:52:11 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev glanced sidelong at Theo. The underboss' praise meant nothing to him. In the battle against Kyurem, he'd acted based on his instincts and training as a soldier. He had few reasons to change that approach, and meaningless words from simple humans were not one of them. [break][break]

Still, Theo had reason to reinforce Zev's behavior. On a battlefield with multiple Avatars present, even one going off course posed a danger to the organization's plans. Such had happened with even though, ultimately, Team Rocket had obtained a valuable resource. [break][break]

Any future pursuit of personal vengeance had to be well-planned. Unstoppable. [break][break]

"I don't believe in luck," was all Zev said, continuing forward through the crystal-studded area. His Iron Leaves loped ahead, its head swiveling in a stiff, robotic way to scan their surroundings.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,710 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
venture forth
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 11:12:18 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"yet you acted as though you did."[break][break]

it's his way of calling reckless though not in the same way was. the admin's brashness felt violent and impulsive whereas the beast's felt more controlled.[break][break]

either way, theo could have done better.[break][break]

"i need to learn to support you better. i failed to account for your weakened state when i had known about it prior."[break][break]

he had seen it with his own eyes, after all.[break][break]

"think back to the battle. now, tell me what else i could've done."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,048 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
venture forth
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 16:53:12 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev recognized a reprimand when he heard one. He resisted the urge to scowl at Theo, instead maintaining a mask of cool neutrality. A wise choice, too, for the underboss' next words pivoted to strategic planning in Zev's favor. [break][break]

Memories of the recent battle rose to the surface of his mind: the howling blizzard with a cold that had bitten bone-deep; the sundering of the earth formed by his redirected laser beam; Unbound Hoopa's disembodied attacks; the swarming horde of Paradox Pokémon. [break][break]

"We need more coordination among our strongest and most experienced members," Zev finally replied. "If one of us becomes incapacitated, the rest need to step up to fill in the gap." [break][break]

"I'm looking into ways for me to refuel my power as soon as I use it, but until then, we'll have to rely on better defense. Teleportation away from the thick of battle, or raising a protective barrier if that's not an option." [break][break]

"But if that has to happen, then someone has to step in to maintain our offense, too. Maybe that's you, or maybe that's another Avatar." Zev shrugged. "Whatever is needed for the situation."

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,710 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
venture forth
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 4:49:11 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"it won't be me."[break][break]

he is quick to respond, addressing 's suggestion by sharing his thoughts.[break][break]

"i'll be in the vanguard the same way i always have but it should come as no surprise that i am not suited for offense anymore. at least, not when compared to the avatars we have."[break][break]

kanto had been a different time. there were no avatars then, no otherworldly presences to account for. looking back now, the war was easy in comparison.[break][break]

"with the way things currently stand, it'll most likely be underboss quinn, admin cross, or one of our beasts that needs to step in when you're unavailable. i'll make sure they are aware."[break][break]

he makes a mental note to let , , and the beasts know.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,048 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
venture forth
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 17:23:05 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev nodded, accepting Theo's admission. If he could appreciate the underboss for one thing, it was his pragmatism. "That's fine with me." [break][break]

Cillian, Jayden, and the other Beasts would have to suffice. In an ideal situation, Zev did not need them; he had already laid waste to an entire city and civilization. But each time he pushed his abilities to their limit since then, the consequences were the same: exhaustion and a need for recovery. [break][break]

Like how Necrozma had gone inert after a time. [break][break]

So contingency plans were necessary, even if Zev didn't like the thought of needing them. [break][break]

Discussion of the recent battle did remind him of the strange object that his associates had scooped up as they were retreating. [break][break]

As the men and their Pokémon passed under a crystalline arch, he asked Theo, "What about the item we retrieved from the battlefield? Do we know anything about it yet?"

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,710 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
venture forth
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 8:52:08 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

ducking underneath the crystalline arch, theo is quick to respond to .[break][break]

"it is called the light stone, small enough to fit in the palm of your hand yet so, so powerful."[break][break]

but the same could be said for most pokemon.[break][break]

"for whatever reason, reshiram has chosen to remain in that form. i suspect it may have been to ensure its survival, and now it remains a stone while it recovers."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,048 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
venture forth
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 19:30:11 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Understanding flashed across Zev's face at Theo's explanation. "Kyurem must have done considerable damage to it when they fused together. A pity it couldn't do the same to Zekrom." [break][break]

Unfortunately, the League's meddling and the power of the Deep Black Pokémon's own Avatar had prevented that from happening. Perhaps in the future, Zev himself would have the opportunity to kill and offer up Zekrom for Necrozma's feasting. [break][break]

As if detecting the Rocket Beast's thoughts, the Tera crystals shimmered. Fleeting images of Reshiram and Zekrom flashed across their multifaceted bodies. But neither of them manifested into reality as had happened with other Pokémon. [break][break]

"Has the battle against Kyurem and Hoopa changed our direction as an organization? Should we look into where both Legendary Pokémon disappeared to? And what about Palkia?" Zev asked Theo.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,710 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
venture forth
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 10:33:58 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"indeed."[break][break]

they had done their best with the resources they had, he will admit that much. but they had also been scattered and disorganized at times, fighting as individuals rather than as a unit.[break][break]

he continues to reflect.[break][break]

"team rocket's goals remain the same. we will continue in our conquest of hoenn all in the name of bringing peace the same way we have kanto."[break][break]

a pause.[break][break]

"however, it has changed my direction. i know now the role i must play; the support i need to offer to yourself and the rest of our avatars."[break][break]

he looks to .[break][break]

"for lack of a better term, i need to be your anchor."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,048 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
venture forth
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 15:27:05 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev's cold gaze flickered from the Tera crystals to Theo. The highest echelons of Team Rocket's leadership could continue to claim that peace was their ultimate goal, but Zev simply did not care. His goals were higher. [break][break]

Still, he chose not to comment on it. Let his superiors in the organization think that their objectives aligned. So he maintained a detached, neutral expression—up until Theo's offer of support. [break][break]

Zev raised an eyebrow at the other man. I don't need an anchor, was his instinctive reaction. Specifically, he did not need to be chained down by anything—or anyone. [break][break]

"What do you mean by 'anchor'? What would that look like for you and me?" he asked instead.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,710 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
venture forth
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 15:32:47 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

in 's case, anchor may have been the wrong term to use, but theo had prefaced as much.[break][break]

"your control, rather, to make up for your flaws. not that there are many to begin with."[break][break]

in fact, out of the avatars currently with team rocket, the man before him likely possesses the least.[break][break]

"i have come to learn that avatarship is as much of a sacrifice as it is a gift. i have seen the cost it seeks on one's mind, as you've likely experienced yourself."[break][break]

not to mention how they've all see it first with .[break][break]

"in our case, i don't think much changes."

[attr="class","bottom"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP