Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,786 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
AREA ZERO EXCURSION B - Nomi/Howard
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 20:26:30 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"One second. Let me take a look at this."

The Rocket Admin kneeled down in the dirt to peer at a starburst of Tera Crystals that erupted from the wall. Howard didn't mind playing in the dirt, given his career before Rocket had been archaeology. He still indulged in the craft, but most of his current work was relegated to being a desk jockey and signing paperwork.

Truly, he was a most highborn bureaucrat.

"It's truly spectacular that such an ecosystem could exist under Hoenn. I need to get in contact with some of my old scholar buddies in Paldea."

That was his go-to whenever Hoenn was struck by a phenomenon from another region. When Dynamax had appeared, he had called up a few friends from Wyndon to ask about it. Area Zero was no different. Just another mar on Hoenn's beautiful tapestry. Something that would one day need to be wiped clean.

"I've never seen such a condensation of crystals! Especially underground... It reminds me of Route 119 and those Megalopolans..." Howard's face paled slightly as he remembered the incident. "Dreadful time, that."

Vh9qNETk

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,345 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 15:57:00 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi joined Howard, careful not to rip her tights on any of the protruding crystal points as she knelt down beside him. All around them, softly glowing Tera crystals spread across the walls and ground like a beautiful infection, slowly creeping its way upwards, purposeful and potent and eager to grow. She'd never seen anything quite like it before, and her excitement combined with the energy of possibility coursing through the cavern like an electric current was causing her skin to prickle with anticipation.[break][break]
"It is truly remarkable," Nomi agreed, awed. She gently ran a fingertip over the smooth surface of one of the crystals, expression thoughtful. "If we continue downwards, do you think we will find some kind of...origin point?"[break][break]
Ominous words, considering Hoenn itself was supposedly an origin point for an impending disaster.[break][break]
Kallistatus floated closer to Howard, staring at him with its singular eye. It seemed less interested in the crystals and more intent on the man himself, as if waiting for him to do something. Nomi cocked her head curiously - but then, because of the bond that existed between them, she suddenly understood. Her laughter was musical as it spilled from her lips.[break][break]
"Kal wants you to release Regice," she explained. "I feel a...fondness emanating from it."[break][break]
e133zCdW

TAGS[break]
NOTES – AREA ZERO EXCURSION B: GEOLOGICAL SURVEY

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest8"]--accent:#f798d6;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,786 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 11:07:09 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
It was an infection. A beautiful one, yes, but an infection nonetheless. A fictitious cancer, conceived by the imagination of the masses. It had to be excised before it was too late.

Howard wondered if they were past that point, yet. The infection had spread deeper than Howard had ever possibly imagined. Under Route 119, the crystals had taken root in underground caves. That was the first warning sign, but Howard had been willing to ignore it. There were more important threats at the time, like the strange magenta chain and Megalopolans.

Now, Tera Crystals infested the core of the world. If this network of caves extended from Oldale to Fortree, then it was likely that Hoenn was lost, buried in a sea of imagination.

had proposed that they find a way to coexist with these crystals, and make them the new norm. Admin Bee was a smart man, always working to turn the tables to Rocket's advantage. In this, however, he was wrong. Putting a leash on the ideas of the masses was impossible. How could you stop an idea?

"Head Scientist Sato." Howard's voice was soft. "I don't think that's a good idea. I had an incident with it, where it refused to listen to me."

In the RKS Simulation, Regice had been drawn to a shard of Eternatus. Once there, it began to behave sporadically.

"You urged me to listen to Regice, to bond with it. I've seen wonderful things. I saw it cry." He smiled faintly. "But I also saw it rebel, and I looked at its face. It looked back, and it raged."

kOND6lrw

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,345 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 16:20:28 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi's expression softened into one of sympathetic compassion at Howard's admission, academic fascination with the Tera crystals suddenly forgotten. She reached out and placed a hand over his own, a reassuring gesture.[break][break]
"Call me Nomi, Howard."[break][break]
Kallistatus drifted away - perhaps affording Howard's vulnerability a measure of privacy - weaving between crystals to investigate the far wall of the cavern. The Unown had a talent for seeing things human eyes might miss, but Nomi ignored it, gaze still focused on her research partner.[break][break]
"The things we love can sometimes hurt us," she explained, tone gentle - if touched with an undercurrent of practicality. "Pokemon are not so different from us, I've found. They experience a range of emotions just like we do - joy, sadness, anxiety, and anger. Some Pokemon are more complex than others. The Unown, for example...they don't express their feelings as outwardly as other Pokemon do, but their inner world is a rich spectrum. So don't take Regice's rage so personally. You two will just need to - "[break][break]
[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/MysteriousCry2.mp3[/player]
[break]
She paused, a strange keening reverberating around them, echoing off the crystals. Kallistatus turned its singular eye in the direction of the sound, which lead further into the cavern.[break][break]
"Did you hear that?"
6CQxk6|0

TAGS[break]
NOTES – AREA ZERO EXCURSION B: GEOLOGICAL SURVEY[break]
Prompt: ROLL 2-10 - Hear the following cry echoing from somewhere deep below: [player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/MysteriousCry2.mp3[/player]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,786 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 7:25:01 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
His hand flinched as Nomi's hand touched his. It was an involuntary reaction, an aversion to Rocket born of disgust and fear. As soon as it occurred, he felt a flush of shame and regret. Nomi had done nothing wrong. From what he knew, she just wanted to research her Unown.

He wondered how she had found her way into Rocket.

"Sorry. I've found it's safer to be formal, especially when all of my colleagues are either stronger or have crazy powers. I'd rather not be turned inside out by crazy Unown magic."

When you can't pick up a sword, the only protection one had was their rank. Armor was at its strongest when strengthened by courtesy and cloaked by mediocrity.

"Ain't that the truth?" Howard laughed softly as Nomi mentioned love. The day he walked out on the one he loved rang in his ears every day. Yet she didn't understand. The ways Regice's pattern had turned from yellow to a reddish violet as Eternatus took over...

What would have happened if it had touched that Wishing Star? What would one of Hoenn's defenders do then?

"You're a smart woman, Nom-"

He heard a loud, mechanical shriek. It felt like a vibrating car or electric engine whirring to life. Howard had never heard something to unnatural in his life, barring the shrieks of Porygons and Magnemite.

"Below." His eye flicked to the ground beneath their feet. In the panic, Howard's Pokeball wobbled and opened, revealing the elusive Regice. Its presence caused the duo to be hit with a primordial chill.

⠓⠑⠇⠇⠕ ⠋⠗⠊⠑⠝⠙ ⠊⠞ ⠊⠎ ⠍⠑ Several flashes communicated the golem's intention to Kallistatus as the golem raised its arms up.

C6M8DLMO

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,345 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 19:54:15 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

If there was anyone she desired to turn "inside out with Unown magic", it was Nisa Holo. Howard had nothing to worry about. She giggled anyway, amused by his choice of words.[break][break]
She shivered as Regice appeared, not because she wasn't glad to see it - if anything, she was pleased it had decided to finally make an appearance - but because the temperature dropped significantly with its arrival.[break][break]
Kallistatus immediately drifted over to it, circling around its raised arms, pulsing with excitement. It was clearly happy to see its friend, returning the affectionate greeting with a silent, if enthusiastic, one of its own.[break][break]
"See! I told you. They like each other."[break][break]
She grinned happily, hoping this would further assuage Howard's fears. Regice seemed fairly calm right now; she wondered if the Unown's presence was a comfort to it. It seemed to her that Howard would have no issue making requests of his ancient companion...for now at least.[break][break]
The strange screeching sounded again, alien and robotic. It did seem to be coming from below them. A chamber further within the cave system?[break][break]
"Should we try and find out what it is?" She wondered aloud, perhaps too curious for her own good.[break][break]
OmV4mf9Y

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,786 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 10:05:21 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
So they did. Howard allowed himself a smile as Regice and Kallistatus communicated in their odd languages.

"It's lonely. It spent eternity in that ruined city, and then was reactivated for the sake of the region. Your Unown understands what it's like to be alone. Being the vassals of heaven isn't an easy time, methinks."

There was also the second, unspoken reason. Both had been chained to greater powers. The Unown had danced to the whims of Dr. Holo and the DRK Triad, though Howard knew little of the organization himself. Regice had been built and constructed from primal ice to defend the region from outside threats.

It had been made a tool, it had fought as a tool, it had been sealed away as a tool. The words in the Island Cave rang in Howard's mind.

WE FEARED IT.

Why? What had made Howard's ancestors fear this Pokémon? Why had they needed to seal it away? So many questions, and so little time. Howard frowned as he processed Nomi's question.

"Let's not. This place is dangerous. Especially since..." Howard sighed as he remembered his adventure with . "...Regirock is down here. I've seen it."

Sd7Q0eSZ

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,345 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 17:45:31 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Your Unown understands what it's like to be alone.[break][break]
It was an insightful observation.[break][break]
"Not easy. They are the oldest living creatures, save Arceus itself. Individual Unown can die, but as a collective, they have an immortal shared consciousness. It's a terribly lonely thing - eternity."[break][break]
A familiar sorrow bubbled to the surface of her emotional landscape, then, for she had long suspected that the Unown had been susceptible to the DRK Triad's influence precisely because of that loneliness. Kallistatus seemed to sense her sadness, and drifted down from Regice to hover at her side. She smiled at it, appreciative. You're right, she thought to it. Being a tool is no proper form of companionship.[break][break]
Some of the Unown had chosen her over the Triad, because she had offered them something far more valuable than the opportunity to be useful. She had offered love.[break][break]
"Did you really?" She asked excitedly, at the mention of Regirock. She glanced at Regice, curious. "Did it...did it recognize Regice? Could the two communicate?"[break][break]
Distantly, the same cry sounded again - or was it closer now?[break][break]
yNRLCJU2

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,786 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 21:22:17 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Well..."

The last time he saw Regirock, it had taken the combined power of Mesprit and Regice to deter it. Howard's golem wasn't equal to the stone construct. As before, it lacked power. It reminded Howard of Nomi's Unown in a way. Powerful in a collective, fragile when alone. A greater whole was capable of bringing far more change than an individual ever could.

Legendary Giants. Unown. There was little to distinguish.

"It looked at me and Regice, then it threw a mountain at me." The admin shrugged casually as the noises in the depths grew louder. He made a point to ignore them. If something was coming, Nomi's Unown or Regice would react. "Pretty average day."

There was no communication. The two recognized each other, but it didn't stop Regirock from attempting to thrash it and everyone else in Area Zero into next week.

"It would not communicate. It's looking for something."

w7_grnLw

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,345 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 3:08:03 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Looking for something..."[break][break]
She glanced around the chamber, as if that very something might suddenly manifest. Only Tera crystals glittered back at her, winking as if in silent mockery. She huffed, determination coloring her expression. All of a sudden, it felt pointless to just sit there, collecting samples, crawling towards answers. Too slow, all of it was far too slow. The region was running out of time.[break][break]
"Let's go find it! Or whatever's making that sound. If we can't handle it, I'll just take us to the Unown Dimension. We'll be safe there."[break][break]
She stood, trying to decide which direction made the most sense. Choosing randomly, she began to walk off, listening carefully for more signs of life deeper within the cave system.[break][break]
Z6MIwc3d

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,786 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 8:44:19 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Find it?" Howard gave Nomi a look that was a mixture between trepidation and worry. "You're sure?"

She was. Howard watched helplessly as she skipped deeper into the caves. This was a notoriously bad idea. They were underprepared and lacked manpower. If they actually ran into something, it'd likely be dangerous. Even if Nomi was an Avatar and Howard had Regice, he suspected that whatever stirred in these caves was likely more threatening.

"This is a bad idea..."

Stupid Unown Dimension. One of these days, the Head Scientist was going to get into a situation where hopping worlds wasn't the solution. Or worse, she'd lose the ability to hop at all.

Relying on one card was risky. Howard's eye flicked to the Regice that stood next to him.

Most of the time.

"Wait up, I'm coming! Head Scientist! Nomiiiiiiiiiii!" Howard and Regice were swallowed up by the cave as they followed Nomi.

KAT_Pltv

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,341 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 2:00:25 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: