562 posts
Ettie DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ettie
Ettie
GC Explore - Ettie & Andrea
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 23:43:35 GMT
Ettie Avatar
This place is new. Different. Strange. It only stood to reason, that Ettie - with her free-spirited and explorative soul - would be drawn in by it.

It is beautiful, really, the Giant Chasm. It makes her think a bit of the wilds - deep beyond Route 1119 - that she once called home.

Great metallic wings hold steady into a glide, as one of her Corviknights - Bran - ferries her down into the Chasm's depths. The silvry corvid's keen eyes scan the surrounding area - noting the presence of a number of pokemon that were an ordinary sight in the rest of Hoenn...

If they hadn't known this place to once be a flat icy expanse, devoid of any great tears through the earth? This would almost feel like an ordinary part of the landscape.

As Bran landed, Ettie wasted no time in sliding down from the large bird's back. "Thank you. Friend rest?" She questioned with a warm smile, offering a pokeball up to the steel-type. When the Corviknight - after a moment's consideration - decided to press his beak to the ball, recalling himself, Ettie would put the ball back in her bag - before pulling out a number of others.

One by one, packmates were sent out. Her Lycanrocs, Haru, Barbara, Yip, her two Mightyena, and Anat... It was a veritable little pack, prepared to delve this place as a group. Making sure that one last pokemon - her Doublade, Scarlet - was secure at the small of her back, Ettie would make a soft little rrruff to signal to her packmates to move.

And move they did, falling in line as Ettie climbed atop Anne's back, her gaze scanning the surrounding wilds for anything of interest...

... What may lurk, in these uncovered depths?

|JLLOgU2
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 9:14:29 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
What may lurk, indeed. Wind-flapping sounds could be picked by canine ears. A swarm of dragons swooped down on the gigantic crater; Hydreigon, Salamence, Iron Jugulis, and Roaring Moon.

The latter two being paradoxes would be concerning if those were wild ones, but they all followed a trainer clad in a Sygna Suit, who appeared to be able to... Fly?!

"Hi there!" The flying woman landed near the wild child and her retinue of canid Pokémon. "Hey, I remember you! You were at 's birthday party, weren't you? Are you here to explore?"

|laT6Ry1
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

She/Them
15 (Estimated)
April 5th
Route 119/Fortree
???
Wandering Wildchild
Cadet
N/A
Uninterested
87 height
87 height
HABABABABA
awards
562 posts
Ettie DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ettie
Ettie
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 18:53:24 GMT
Ettie Avatar
The approach of the dragons is noticed quickly - and at first, the sight is met with tension from the pack, the canids wasting no time in taking up readied positions. In a place like this, where Ettie was aware that dangerous pokemon were prone to lurk? One could never be too careful...

But, as the cluster comes closer, it becomes clear that not only was there no hostility coming off of the group from Anat's and Haru's judgement - but that the one in the lead was a human! A human illuminated in the bright sunlight above, that was - somehow - flying!

Ettie's eyes light up in awe as Andrea lands before the pack - and smiling bright, she waves to the suited woman. "Friend! Hello!" Ettie chirps, hopping down from Anne's back to approach. At the questions given, she nodded eagerly. "Mhmm! Ettie remembers, too! Ettie explore with pack - is new! Exciting!"

Tilting her head a little, she then asks "Friend explore, too?" Though, it wasn't as though Ettie could figure out much other reason for people to be down here. Everyone wanted to explore this big new place! (Which, technically was true, even if there was more to it than just that.)

yUBrVZ4i
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 20:49:45 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Yes, friend! My name is Andrea!" The draconic cosplayer said with a jovial smile. Ettie sure had a unique way of speaking that was straightforward and to the point. Andrea appreciated people like her, who spoke their mind freely and without any filters.

"Why yes, I've been exploring this area a lot!" She nodded at the younger girl's inquiry. "Josh and I are trying to find a Pokémon called Koraidon. Have you heard of it? It's a big, red lizard. Kinda like your doggy friends, but with scales!"

fW3JhBHG

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

She/Them
15 (Estimated)
April 5th
Route 119/Fortree
???
Wandering Wildchild
Cadet
N/A
Uninterested
87 height
87 height
HABABABABA
awards
562 posts
Ettie DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ettie
Ettie
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 21:20:38 GMT
Ettie Avatar
Ettie perks a bit, as Andrea introduces herself proper. "Am Ettie! Is nice to meet, Andrea-friend!" She chirps, a cheery smile on the child's face. This lady seemed real nice. And with how much Andrea surrounded herself with dragons, and even seemed to be dressed up like one? Ettie almost wondered if the two of them were the same - having grown up amongst pokemon, rather than people.

The mention of Koraidon, however, prompts Ettie to tilt her head a little - like a puzzled puppy. "Ko-rai-don..." She enunciates to herself, familiarizing herself with the term. But after a moment's consideration, she shakes her head no. "Don't know Koraidon."

That Josh and Andrea were looking for one was fascinating, though! "We find together?" She suggests, smiling bright. Her pack was great at tracking stuff down!

ve8bIb_3
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 22:02:23 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
When told that Ettie had never heard of Koraidon, the dragon maniac's smile faltered for a moment. "I guess it's true that nobody's seen it in Hoenn yet... But we can't lose hope! If we work together, we might be able to find at least some sign that it exists!"

With that, the Sygna Suited woman spread her costume's artificial wings, and started to Fly again. "My dragons can search the air, while your doggos search the land. What do you say?" She suggested to her newfound friend.

LSnfCJgA

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

She/Them
15 (Estimated)
April 5th
Route 119/Fortree
???
Wandering Wildchild
Cadet
N/A
Uninterested
87 height
87 height
HABABABABA
awards
562 posts
Ettie DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ettie
Ettie
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 5:17:30 GMT
Ettie Avatar
Andrea's suggestions are met with a nod. "Can do! We hunt as pack!" Ettie smiles bright - then glances to the pack. "Madame, Zeke - Lead!"

Two Mightyena answer Ettie's call - and they seem to take point at the front of the entourage. Using Odor Sleuth, they begin to sniff around - and then Anat and Yip, a Lucario and a Smeargle, both use Copycat to copy the Odor Sleuth, fanning out to the sides. The rest of the pack would be searching as well, but seemed to focus on their eyes, ears - and in Haru's case, psychic aptitude - rather than their noses.

Ettie would hop back onto Anne's back with this, smiling to Andrea. "Let's go!"

qDZxw1V5
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 11:11:15 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Although she could soar in the skies like a Braviary, she did not have the eyes of a Braviary. As such, Andrea's attempts to scan the terrain below with her feeble human eyes did not bear much fruit. "I can't see anything in this fog! Do you see anything, Chomper?"

Her Hydreigon shook its three heads. At the very least, they got an idea of the basic layout of the land. Melting snow from the Silent Icelands ended up on steep, towering hills surrounding the massive canyon, and came down in the form of crashing waterfalls.

The flying girl landed on one of those hills, waiting for Ettie and her pack to catch up, while her dragons Roosted. From such a height, the view of the rest of the Giant Chasm was nothing short of breathtaking. "Wow! It almost looks like Meteor Falls out here!"

A golden glimmer caught her eye. "A coin? This must be my lucky day!" The dragon maniac was going to eat those words momentarily, because a sudden earthquake shook the very ground they stood on. "Eep! That was scary! Are you alright, Ettie?" Andrea hollered at her friend.

9pugl4Dr

ROLL A 99. - Find a Gimmighoul coin or chest with or without the Pokemon. Receive a bonus 25 PD (once per thread). Indicate this in Mod Reqs.

TOTAL OF ROLLS MADE BY ALL WRITERS REACHES 377. - You experience an earthquake.

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

She/Them
15 (Estimated)
April 5th
Route 119/Fortree
???
Wandering Wildchild
Cadet
N/A
Uninterested
87 height
87 height
HABABABABA
awards
562 posts
Ettie DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ettie
Ettie
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 5:23:24 GMT
Ettie Avatar
The earth shook, and the pack was briefly alarmed at the tremor - Ettie in particular holding tight to Anne's mane. Once the quakes finally began to settle though, the wildchild glanced over to Andrea - nodding to her own friend. "Pack okay!"

Although, a little static shock would make her jump - and she'd look to find a Joltik, who must have clung to the nearest safe vantage point amidst the tremors (which happened to be her.) Smiling gently, she'd carefully pick the little electric-type up, murmuring in reassurance "Is okay, is safe."

Hopping down from Anne's back, Ettie would set the Joltik down to let it scurry on its own way - before turning her attention back to Andrea. Whereupon she'd notice something shiny in the dragon-girl's hand, catching the child's attention. "What find? Pretty-shiny object?" She asked, bouncing on over to take a look.
(Spider prompt :3)

55Qu6Q|P
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 8:44:04 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"It's an old coin!" The golden piece was held in a sock puppet's mouth for Ettie to see. "You can't use it to buy your groceries, but it can probably be sold to a collector for a high price." What that prize was, however, Andrea had no clue.

Perhaps the hidden treasure of Area Zero was a lot more literal than some people thought. Maybe a renowned pirate from antiquity had buried an entire chest filled with golden coins somewhere in the depths of this great crater. But hey, that's just a theory.

The PokéManiac snapped several landscape photos with her Rotom Phone, zooming in on any points of interest, such as the many waterfalls surrounding the canyon. "We may not have found Koraidon today, but we got an idea of the Giant Chasm's layout. This mission was a success, if I do say so myself!"

NSDtnClH

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

She/Them
15 (Estimated)
April 5th
Route 119/Fortree
???
Wandering Wildchild
Cadet
N/A
Uninterested
87 height
87 height
HABABABABA
awards
562 posts
Ettie DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ettie
Ettie
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 3:51:04 GMT
Ettie Avatar
Ettie's eyes lit up with curiosity and awe at the coin - and with a giggle, she'd chirp "Good for trade! But Ettie also likes collecting. Hard to decide trade or keep, sometimes." Though she may be a wolf at heart, perhaps she also had a little bit of corvid in her.

Andrea mentioning the mission to be a success would be met with a happy nod from Ettie though. "Mhmm! Ettie like exploring! Might keep exploring - pack not tired yet." She mused out loud - briefly scritching Anne behind the ear. "Wanna see lots! Is big place!"

Indeed; once Andrea left and went her own way, Ettie and the pack would descend further in to the Chasm. Yip knowing Teleport meant that they could easily leave whenever - so the wildchild had no concerns about delving its depths. She wanted to see everything that this place had to offer, one way or another...
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 6:53:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(BONUS)