Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
GC EXCURSION B: RESEARCH STATION [NK vs FE]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 16:53:15 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Absolutely fascinating!" Nomi exclaimed, delighted. She clapped her hands together in excitement, crimson eyes shining. "I wish Parker were here to see this."[break][break]
She glanced at the surly man looming over her, undeterred by his somewhat imposing stature. It wasn't that she disliked - quite the contrary, she knew him to be a good man beneath the scowl - it was just that Parker was irreplaceable. Parker was hers.[break][break]
Nomi walked a few paces, Kallistatus floating dutifully after her. She surveyed the landscape, searching for a suitable location to start collecting soil samples. All around them, something akin to a rainforest poked and prodded its way out of the chasm's various cracks and crevices, a jarring contrast to the barren wasteland of ice and snow far above them. The air was thick with humidity, and Nomi could hear the soft trills of birdsong and the low buzzing of insect wings somewhere in the distance.[break][break]
"Ah! That looks perfect," she pointed, indicating a massive waterfall ahead. Leading up to it, there was an open expanse of grassy terrain - flat enough to set up her research equipment.[break][break]
"Bring all the stuff please!" She demanded of King, then promptly hurried off towards the waterfall, a sunshine-bright smile beaming across her face.[break][break]
pFmdudKp

TAGS | | [break]
NOTES – GREAT CHASM EXCURSION B: RESEARCH STATION

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest8"]--accent:#f798d6;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,384 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 4:37:33 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[attr="class","snub-king-main"]
[attr="class","snub-king"]In the back of his mind something begged him to throttle the woman in-front of him. He suppresses that notion of course — barely. The last time King had choked a woman she'd liked it.

He doubted Nomi would feel the same here.

Grinding his teeth, he lifts the pack over his shoulders and follows after, the Machamp at his side doing the same. The fighting-type didn't feel the same level of irritation as King to be doing grunt work — picking heavy things up, and putting them down, was his favorite thing.

He was really regretting agreeing to do a favor for .

"The fuck 're we out 'ere for again?"

[attr="class","snub-king-pkmn"]

JEW_CWPd

[attr="class","snub-king-tag"]

[newclass=.snub-king-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king-main b]color:#afeeee; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king-tag a] color: #272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 3:48:35 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
they're out here to secure a research station. their exploration crews are still fanning out into hoenn's open wound. navigating down here had been a grueling task, but she'd been pleasantly surprised to see the good doctor on an expeditionary team. 

when the nearest research station pinged a quarter mile away, she'd offered to partner with her and investigate.

dense foliage drapes overhead, casting shadows. the tera crystals above them glow brightly enough to mimic sunlight. it puts her on edge. only an hour ago, she and had been hunting the creatures this landscapes seems to birth. 

"i think i'm discovering a phobia," she says with a grimace. "i don't like being underground." even if it doesn't feel like they're underground, with how expansive the area is - this is not a place where her dragons herald.
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 23:32:38 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Whispers of old research stations had been a hot topic of conversation amongst the early explorers of the Great Chasm. Naturally, Eva was anxious to get in there herself. The promise of knowledge was something that was impossible to ignore. She was nodding before even got the full suggestion out of her mouth. An eager Eva already had her pack slung over her shoulder and was hastily leading them in the direction of the pinged research station.

“It does get quite . . . uncomfortable,” she agreed with Freya. It was a stretch to call it a phobia but she couldn’t ignore the nagging tension as the distance between her and the god of the sky stretched along a tether. It was a familiar sensation she experienced when she dove in the Hoenn Sea.

The foliage parted ever so slightly and the flash of a metallic satellite atop a research station signaled their arrival, “There it is!” she smiled, giddy as a school girl. Her pace quickened, not even stopping to consider it may already be occupied.

& &

aG0N6Mhn
Total: 33+120=153

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 4:56:58 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It didn't take her long to set everything up: a folding table, several collection kits, a compact radio device complete with satellite. It wasn't much of a research station, but it was serviceable. And, she hoped, somewhat hidden.[break][break]
The waterfall made for a rather ethereal backdrop; the thundering rhythm of cascading water a useful cover for the Rockets. Nomi flitted about taking samples of root, rock, and soil, muttering to herself excitedly and hastily scribbling notes in a field journal.[break][break]
"Keep watch," she'd requested of King, though she knew that Kallistatus could sense danger better than he could. All the same, the added protection was a comfort. The paradoxes that had emerged from the chasm during the altercation with Kyurem had been quite formidable - in numbers, they could do a great deal of damage. She'd rather not take any risks.[break][break]
Perhaps it was ironic, then, to be so consumed by the thrill of discovery - to be so sure the only threats were beasts and abominations. She knew the League government would swarm this place, but her Unown were keen on who could be trusted and who could not.[break][break]
But fate's web was intricate, colored grey with nuance.[break][break]
She felt the women approaching before she saw them. Kallistatus flickered into view, and Nomi glanced up to regard its demeanor. Calm...and perhaps curious? She cocked her head, pastel pink hair spilling over one shoulder.[break][break]
"There are people coming," Nomi called out to King. "Friendly, I think. But be ready."
6CQxk6|0

TAGS | | [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,384 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 1:06:40 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[attr="class","snub-king"]Preperation hadn't taken quite an hour, but each minute was exhausting in a way he could scarcely define.

Was he getting old? Maybe he needed to stretch more. Both? Arceus, he was limber just a few weeks ago, and there was nothing wrong with him there.

Nomi's voice, thankfully, pulls him from the train of thought threatening to leave the station.

"Best be friendly. I agreed ta watch yer back, but I'm not interested in killin' anyone, ye? Though, I'd gladly put my boot up an' ass 'er twa."

He sends a glancing look at the Lucario nearby, the jackal haven taken up a meditative pose. The steel-type was looking in the direction of the voices with a look of.. concern? Confusion? On cue, he looks at King, and chuffs once.

Huh. That's encouraging.

K6QpEIrz

[newclass=.snub-king-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 4:05:24 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
eva's positivity is as infectious as ever. there are still threads that bind them, threads that are tangled and crossed, but that tether them nonetheless. they haven't gotten it all sorted out - not really. how could they?

the region doesn't leave much space for matters of the heart. 

work keeps her busy enough to avoid the complications, but it was only a matter of time before the last grains of paradise's sand hit the bottom of the hourglass. xen's shape comes into view first. calcifer doesn't hint at her that anything is amiss - why would he?

but she speeds up, terror snaking up her spine, frustration stuttering a thousand questions she most certainly can't pursue the answers to right now. just one thought - stop her. her hand goes out, grasping for her arm. 

"wait, stop. eva, someone's - "

and around the ferns, she sees him. her gaze narrows, anger taut in the thinning of her lips. and behind him is a woman she does not recognize, but she is standing amidst equipment and it can only mean one thing - she's with rocket.

betrayal twists her gut. 
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 6:35:55 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Stop… But it’s too late. In her foolish eagerness, she put them at risk. She skidded to halt as she rounded the large ferns that separated them from the . . . enemy?

Naturally it was the flash of pink that caught her attention first, “Nomi?” There was a curious brightness in her voice mixed with relief. It could have been worse, much worse. But Nomi wasn’t alone. Whatever hint of friendliness there was in her voice, darkened and faded completely, “King,” she growled between her teeth. Her sympathetic nervous system flared and adrenaline spiked in her veins.

Her hand hovered over a pokeball on her belt as she glanced between the familiar Lucario and the defector, assuming some sort of foul play, "What are you doing here?"

odH8j4qJ
Total: 45+300= 345

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 13:31:30 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

At first, all she saw was Eva.[break][break]
Resplendent, amicable, haloed in a hazy, dappled light. Nomi recognized her own relief reflected in Eva's gentle emerald gaze, the two of them realizing instantly that this was a far cry from the worst case scenario. She rose to meet her ally with a sudden giddy eagerness, stepping forward so that she, too, was fully visible.[break][break]
But then she saw the other woman, claw-tipped and narrow-eyed.[break][break]
Sudden memories of a spontaneous magma pool, a hateful golden smirk, a ruinous commitment to justice. Nomi faltered, chest tightening, a sudden mental whiplash threatening to topple her. She steadied beside King, Kallistatus appearing at her shoulder, and it was in that particular moment that she heard the shift in Eva, from soft waves against the shore to a raging tempest in a matter of moments. Rayquaza was not physically present, but its majesty was, lest anyone dare to forget who it had blessed with its favor.[break][break]
"He's with me," Nomi answered automatically, as if it were the most obvious explanation in the world.[break][break]
A familiar Charizard ambled into view, and Kallistatus bobbed up and down in rhythmic salute. The Unown were a network, their minds a collective memory. Any remaining doubt melted away, and Nomi understood who this woman was, remembering her face from ( - the news, social media, the broken and bleeding aftermath of some terrible confrontation - ) the back of a book she'd read cover-to-cover in a single day.[break][break]
"Hello Freya," she greeted pleasantly, masking the droplets of apprehension that continued to trickle from her heart. Something wasn't right, but it wasn't wrong, either. "Did you get my letter?"
D_8MUSuU

TAGS | | [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,384 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 15:57:29 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]
[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]Nomi was, if the rumors, and Parker's gushing were true, good at a great many things.
[Break][break]
Reading the room was clearly not one of them.[break][break]

The venom that drips from Eva's words were not unexpected -- in-truth, it hadn't bothered him at all. He found comfort in the hatred that came automatically; any other response likely perverse, or sacrilegious. There was no guess work with things like this. He appreciated that simplicity.
[Break][break]
The other woman though?
[Break][break]
He grits his teeth and suppresses the sigh that seeks an eager release. He knew, however, if the dragoness saw that, he would undoubtedly be a dead man.
[Break][break]
Opening his mouth to speak, he's beaten to the punch by Nomi. His body goes rigid, eyes widening ever so slightly. His pulse quickens, and heart thunders in his ears.
[Break][break]
Shit. Fuck. Shit fuck. He needed to do something and quick.
[Break][break]
"Eva." His tone clipped, and neutral. King's gaze sweeps to the volcano at her side, sharp angles and flowing platinum hair.
[Break][break]
"Hi Sweet....ie." It comes out more strangled than he intended. He'd literally faced down God's and their chosen. He wasn't afraid. Not at all.
[Break][break]
Finally, the sigh does escape and King ages a decade in under a second.
[Break][break]
"Look, this isn't what ye think."

notes

[Break]M54OJCvb[break][break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #9ce6f6; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 16:20:39 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
their reconciliation is gone. it hadn't survived the blanket that had swept over their memories. she gave him the notebook before she left, stained with tears and blood. he knows this woman saved them before. he knows now, too, that freya let her forget. 

he's with me

she can't help it. a furious red heat rises to her cheeks. her fingers twitch, claws scraping gauntlets. she does not understand why calcifer shows hesitation when she hisses a word of preparation under her breath. she does not understand why eva greets this woman with such blissful familiarity. 

the letter. the roaring moon. the unown floating behind her. 

the visionary.

a piece of the puzzle falls into place. her analytical brain puts together the relationship between her and eva. a complicated feeling, but one that burns up in the face of her anger when he calls her sweetie and tells her it's not what it looks like

at least, given the company, their secret will remain safe. on the other hand, and worse for him, she does not have to play pretend to save face.

she roars, "not what i think? you're working with a ROCKET AVATAR? BOTH OF YOU - " a furious look at eva, back at king, "START TALKING!"
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 19:17:35 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 He was with Nomi? Of course he was. Nothing was ever easy. It didn’t surprise Eva he was still aligned with Rocket. It suited him. This little reunion wasn’t what she was expecting deep in the Great Chasm, but was starting to become clear that they all knew each other in one way or another, Nomi even saying Freya’s name and speaking of a letter.

“SWEETIE?!” she barked before she could bite her tongue. It was heartbreaking and infuriating all at once. Right, there was another reason she hated him. In another life she understood, she accepted her martyrship after years of happiness and wholeness. This Eva was bitter, she didn’t get any of it, only fractured memories that barely put together a cohesive picture.

For a moment, she considered if Freya knew he would be here. Is that why she tried to stop her? Did she lie to her? Slowly, Eva’s gaze traced a line from King to Freya. She took a step to the side to better watch them both.

No, she seemed just as surprised. That moment of doubt suddenly felt like a pit in her chest. She could trust Freya. She could trust Nomi. But King . . .

Eva knew better than to get in the way of Freya’s fire. She waited silently for an answer to Freya’s demand.

6BVpEypp
Total: 11+485= 496

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 19:58:02 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi flinched back, Freya's fury as tangible and deadly as any DRAGON PULSE. Her demand reverberated through the canyon until the last start talking! echo was overshadowed by the nearby waterfall's gurgling symphony.[break][break]
Nobody talked. Not at first.[break][break]
Instead, an awkward silence fell between the foursome, and Nomi's crimson eyes locked onto King's pale face - the way he looked as if he'd swallowed thorns that were now ripping their way painfully through his chest, in search of his heart.[break][break]
Don't mind Wayland for bein' a bitch. Parker's voice, barking out a harsh laugh. His girlfriend dumped him or something.[break][break]
"Oh," Nomi muttered. "I see."[break][break]
And she did, in fact, see. She saw it all now, as crystal clear as the Tera shards that lined every rocky surface of this cursed chasm. A heavy weariness settled onto her shoulders, the weight of a storied history between two - perhaps three? - unlikely lovers now plaguing her agenda.[break][break]
had nearly burned her to a crisp for daring to so much as blink in the direction of reconcilement between League and Rocket. It would not be an understatement to say that Nomi's patience for personal vendettas had run its course.[break][break]
"I am not a Rocket Avatar," Nomi corrected Freya. "I am a Rocket Head Scientist, who's recent ascension to Avatarship has helped me realize that the continued survival of this region and all of its people matters more than faction conflict."[break][break]
She did not break eye contact with the dragoness, her own gaze a quieter brand of rage.[break][break]
"You would know this, if you had read my letter."[break][break]
P05ziEMR

TAGS | | [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,384 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 22:32:30 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[attr="class","snub-king"]"I'm doin' a favor fer a friend. She asked me ta protect 'er girlfiend—" he raises a hand flippantly in Nomi's direction in emphasis "—er whatever. Just here ta make sure she doesn't get 'erself killed."

His eyes lack the doe expression from moments ago, now resembling that of a tiger in standoff.

"Fer what it's worth I didn't know she was an avatar — not it really matters." His words come quicker now, huffed with breathes of annoyance. His defense mechanism slowly activates, canines bared.

"Wait a minute — the hell are ye even yellin' at me fer? Yer literally hangin' out with her!" Like with Nomi earlier, he extends a hand in Eva's direction. The motion isn't flippant, instead rigid and lined with tension. "She may not have done the same shit as , but when the truth came out, didn't see 'er jumpin' ship did ye? Every second she sided with that fuckin' sociopath after learnin' 'bout everything makes her just as complicit."

Heat rises into his cheeks, chest heaving with anger, and frustration. If Freya wanted to do this here — he'd oblige. Unfortunate as it was for their two guests, they'd see this tiger and dragon shed the usual decorum and handle things as they did so long ago — with violence.

hE9M326R

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 23:26:23 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"fantasy," she spits back at the visionary. "semantics." it doesn't change the facts; there is a line in the sand between them. they report to their superiors all the same and at the end of the day, she's a criminal. and king's standing right next to her.

a letter filled with optimistic drivel. it's the sort she knows would appeal to someone with a bleeding heart like eva. her own copy is in an intelligence file in her desk, prepared neatly for her next meeting with the council. 

eva's balking SWEETIE? makes her flinch and the anger she feels somersaults through frustration, landing in blood-red, ash-stained grief. guilt flashes over her cheeks - the kiss, the truth tumbling out of her, loneliness clawing at her from the inside. 

that was before they'd found each other again. 

claws sink through her braids, pulling at the knots, as memories of them resurface. arms draped languidly over king's chest, eva curled by the fireplace studying her notes, feeling bare snippets of peace while the storm raged around them. 

neither of them shared the details of their reconciliation with her, but it was there. and it happened

and now it's gone. 

"you forgave her! and you forgave him! and that's - that's not even what this is about. you said you trusted me to fix it. you said i could pull you out. what if it had been anyone else to find you?" before she can threaten her scalp, she drops shaking hands, stalking from eva's side to come upon the man she'd last seen weeks ago, curled in her arms.

and when she's flung into his orbit, their familiarity is unmistakable. every angry breath is synchronous with her own, all the stardust in their bones drawing them close with a magnetism nurtured over decades.