awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 6:08:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The good thing was that they didn’t need to go into the damned thing, because it was there for a fleeting—he stopped the phone recording a few seconds after the ‘rift’ disappeared.

It was like the place hadn’t been disturbed, but the implications of it all meant that—

“I’m not a science-y type, however… that’s a very probable guess. And quite concerning, too,” he would concur. His thoughts then went to a massive, Hoenn-sized Distortion rift that had nothing but the same caverns that they were exploring here…

Chilling.

“There, the tracks continue onward—let’s go,” he called out as the Braviary made to follow the sight of said ‘large tracks’ ever onward.

wvCLko3c
total: 910

• terrifying intrusive thoughts featuring the distortion world

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 6:14:41 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas continued to follow the trail the beast allegedly left behind. From what he could see, the footprints the beast left lined up with what the Research Team described of the blue beast.

That was when he spotted some large droppings.

"We're definitely on the right track.", Thomas remarked, taking out his phone to take pictures.

J5M9akB0

tags:
notes: 924

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 6:23:09 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Did you find anything?” he continued from his current perch, when the Braviary quite literally let out a screech of disgust; like he’d scented something horrible.

…and how unfortunate that it was quite literally, a big, steaming pile of dinosaur dung fertilizer components!

A few seconds later, the stench would hit him, too.

“Oh, ew, what made that land mine?!” he exclaimed from up above, waving his arms about; geez, this smell was going to stick for days in his clothes!

bx_Ny14a
total: 983

• stimky

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 6:28:48 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As Thomas braved the scent, to make a record of what he saw, his Galvantula cried out for his attention. Taking himself away from the droppings, Thomas raced to greet his Galvantula.

What he saw not only shocked him, but added some darkly humorous context to the droppings.

"Alexei! Ting Lu's been through the area!", Thomas called out. "I just found their tracks!"

5nWw0i0T

tags:
notes: 991
ROLL A 4, 14, 24, or 100. - Discover mysterious tracks or footprints.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 6:36:23 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

If someone was to take a look into his mind right now, it would be a cross between panic and just outright… fear.

“What?!” he exclaimed; very nearly causing the Braviary to drop him had the avian not jostled him right back up.

“Are you serious?!” he continued, pinching the bridge of his nose.

And then… another noise ripped through the area.

[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/MysteriousCry2.mp3[/player]

“Don’t tell me we’re getting close?!” he exclaimed again the moment the noise reverberated through where they were. Hopefully it wasn’t that thing that had left the big footprint, or Ting-Lu, but…

Who knew their trip was going to get rather explosive in a few moments?!

It wouldn’t take long before something large would come from out of nowhere, the very brown coloration staining the immediate horizon…

“Are you kidding?!”

Famous last words, Alexei.

WKDx|8NY
total: 1,057

• using the 8 prompt from previous post in this one! (Hear this unknown cry echoing from somewhere deep below)
REGIROCK is coming, oh noes.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 7:18:30 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas' study of the Ting Lu tracks was interrupted by a rumbling. At first, it seemed like another earthquake. As the ground rumbled more, in rhythm, Thomas realized that they were dealing with footsteps.

Though Thomas couldn't see it, Alexei, thanks to his vantage point, he'd be able to spot Regirock trudging through the Chasm nearby. The rocky beast charged through the terrain, snapping through foliage and terrain like a slow, yet unstoppable force.

And its path was bound to intersect with Thomas' path.

E21cTQM3

tags:
notes: 1114
TOTAL OF ROLLS MADE BY ALL WRITERS REACHES 1000. - REGIROCK appears. It can not be caught or stopped. It appears to be searching for something or attracted to something. If attacked, the REGIROCK will retaliate violently before continuing its march.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 7:23:17 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Even if the lumbering giant was moving ‘slowly’, he knew that the danged thing was headed straight to where his friend was on the ground.

Needing no words, the Braviary let out a screech, diving downward.

The other man would see a blur of blue, before hearing a familiar voice shouting, “Recall your Pokémon, quickly!” before trying to pull him onto the Braviary’s back.

Normally, his Braviary could take the weight of two people comfortably, however this was going to be a tight squeeze all things considered!

Meanwhile, the Regirock would continue its wonton destruction of the undergrowth, sending trees falling left and right as it swung its stubby, rocky ‘arms’ around, seemingly looking for something…

…or someone. Who knows?

JIBU|Xrs
total: 1,172

• Alex tryna save Tom

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 7:30:41 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As the source of the footsteps got closer, the rumblings got more violent. Violent enough to knock Thomas off his feet.

Doing as Alexei said, Thomas quickly recalled Thread and Artanis, before getting up on the Braviary. In the process, a Joltik jumped onto Thomas' shoulder, to escape the destructive march of the rock beast.

"Thanks, Alexei.", Thomas told the Gym Leader. "If it makes it easier, I can get on my Hydreigon.", he'd offer.

HTTu|quX

tags:
notes: 1231
ROLL A NUMBER WITH AN 8. - Run into an Ariados or Galvantula web. Alternatively, find a Spinarak or Joltik climbing on you.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 7:35:51 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“There’s a Joltik on your shoulder,” he remarked once the Braviary got up to soaring altitude and the other man could see the source of the trees suddenly falling over and the ‘earthquake’ they felt while down on the ground.

“Where the fuck did this one come from? It doesn’t look like it’s from around here,” he remarked as he tilted his head in the Regirock’s direction.

“Also, yeah—we can go faster if we’re on our own air mounts. That Regirock looks—”

The titan of stone then turned to face ‘them’, before letting out a high-pitched beeping noise…

“Oh, come on! Why now?!” he exclaimed as the Braviary screeched; trying to stay airborne.

AfX3kl5j
total: 1,249

• Regirock sighted, Regirock sighted!

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 7:50:16 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Probably trying to escape the rampaging Pokemon.", Thomas assured Alexei, before deploying his Hydreigon, and hopping onto it.

The Joltik let out a soft little cry. Thomas held out the palm of his hand, allowing the little spider to hop onto it.

"You're safe with us, little one.", Thomas assured the Joltik, petting the tiny spider with his finger gently.

For a moment, the Regirock stopped, and acknowledged their presence.

"Back off it we can. They don't seem to be after us.", Thomas advised Alexei, his Hydreigon slowly backing away from the Regirock.

8LinHfR7

tags:
notes: 1327

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 7:55:38 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He didn’t realize that he had his own surprise passenger—not until he saw something hanging onto one of Kyouya’s wings for dear deer fucking life…

“Huh… guess that rockhead disturbed a Joltik colony,” he hummed as he held out his arm for the tiny little one to climb on.

(What he didn’t know was that there was another one that had hitched a ride on one of his Braviary’s clawed feet, so there was that, too.)

It felt like the world had froze when the Regirock turned to stare at them…

“Definitely backing down and away from that thing!” he called, making his avian Pokémon fly backwards; great—how were they supposed to find the trail of large foot prints now when this thing was here?!

8fgowAzu
total: 1,381

• ROLL A NUMBER WITH AN 8: Run into an Ariados or Galvantula web. Alternatively, find a Spinarak or Joltik climbing on you (from previous post)

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 7:59:57 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thankfully for the two humans, as soon as they backed away from the Regirock, the behemoth continued its march. It seemed to be going down a separate path from where the trail was leading them.

"Let's land, so these Joltik can go home.", Thomas told Alexei, before his Hydreigon dropped down.

As Alexei surmised, a nest of Joltik was disturbed by the Regirock's march. Thankfully, it seemed the others got out of dodge, at least as far as they could see.

The Joltik hopped out of Thomas' palm, joining their siblings.

kIQwETnL

tags:
notes: 1398

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 8:04:58 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Now that the titanic-sized walking ‘golem’ had lost interest in them, it would then continue to walk through the area, snapping and upending trees in its wake.

“Totally,” he nodded in agreement as they then alighted once more—and the Joltik hitching a ride on his Braviary’s clawed foot hopped off, scuttling away to join the other Joltik that had been disturbed.

“Aww. Cute babies,” he mused before realizing what lay immediately in front of them was now a bunch of destroyed, wrecked foliage.

“…how do we pick up the large footprints now? That huge thing had to come in and stomp all over the place,” he thought out loud as his eyes scanned the ruined swath of forest ahead of them.

KjwX|KzF
total: 1,490

• yep, Joltik colony was indeed disturbed

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 20:04:13 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The colony of Joltik looked up at the humans, before dispersing to find a new home in Area Zero.

"I got an idea. What's the-", Thomas began, before another cry resonated from below. This time, it was a different cry from the ones they heard the last two times.

"Seems like we got two unknown Pokemon coming from down below.", Thomas remarked.

24iju1gC

tags:
notes: 1522
ROLL 89-98. - Hear the following cry echoing from somewhere deep below

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 21:05:56 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Unlike the first two times, this noise was much different from the previous ones, and—

“I hope we’re just in a bad dream, I hope we’re just in a bad dream—” he began to say out loud, not realizing he’d very nearly smacked his head on a low-hanging tree branch.

“Oop, yikes… yeah this is definitely not a dream… unfortunate,” he sighed as he turned to his friend once more, watching as the little blurs of yellow went off to find a new place to roost at.

“…you were saying something before you get interrupted, Tom? Tell me, what plan do you have in mind?”

Meanwhile, his Braviary would then begin plucking at some loose feathers in his foliage while waiting for the humans to make up their minds on what they wanted to do out here.

His attention would get grabbed, though, by what appeared to be gouged-out marks on the trees that the danged Regirock hadn’t knocked over.

“Look at those,” he would point out the slash marks on the tree trunk nearest to their spot. “Those don’t look too… natural. They look… artificial?”

p1uWxqbG
total: 1,528

• watdo now
• ROLL A NUMBER WITH A 3. - Encounter sword-like slashes on various rocks, trees, and more.