Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 17:13:29 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

About an hour ago, a League research team was attacked. Though the researchers themselves survived, most of the team came out of the attack with various injuries. Three of the Pokemon accompanying the team had been killed by the strange, blue beast the research team had been attacked by. In particular, one looked to have succumbed to a concentrated blast of boiling hot water from its maw.

Their mission was a seemingly simple, yet dangerous one. Track down, and take down the mysterious beast.

Thomas took a moment to study the tracks along the ground. Using his camera, Thomas took a picture of the particular footprint of their quarry. It was like nothing he had ever seen before.

"You find anything interesting, Alexei?", Thomas inquired.

tfccLPnD

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 19:08:49 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He’d brought along most of his healing-capable Pokémon, and so here they were, sniffing out tracks of something that had come along…

When he felt a very great wave of abject, primal fear wash over him.

“I’m… I’m terrified, Tom,” he would breathe out quietly; because what if whatever had attacked the League research team was still out here, waiting for them to drop their guard and maul them to death?!

“What if-what if we’re n-next.”

He had to suppress the tremble that was threatening to break out of him; however it was too late—the abject fear had frozen him in his tracks.

|aV|ac6L
total: 178

• get hit by an indescribable wave of fear (using Tom’s 94 roll for this prompt kek)

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 19:48:30 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas turned to face Alexei. The all too familiar wave of fear washed over him. It was an experience he had to deal with, when he and were providing muscle for setting up outposts.

"Alexei, I think that's Ting Lu's influence talking. Earlier, I found tracks they left behind.", he'd tell Alexei. "Just take a moment to breathe, it'll be over with soon.", he'd assure Alexei, attempting to comfort the man.

Thread let out a cry, a warning for them to stop. The Galvantula, thanks to his Compound Eyes, was able to spot the faint web left behind. Given the crackling of electricity coming off of it, it had to be that of another Galvantula.

"Good work, Thread. Think you can take it down?", he'd ask.

The Galvantula nodded, getting to work on dismantling the web in their path.

l5GOAmCu

tags:
notes: ROLL A NUMBER WITH AN 8. - Run into an Ariados or Galvantula web. Alternatively, find a Spinarak or Joltik climbing on you.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 19:54:52 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Oh, shit.

Was it…

“Is that-is that the bowl-like… thing? Out at the Scorched Slab?” he continued in the same quiet, terrified voice; because what in the absolute fuck why wouldn’t he stop shaking?!

Ugh, was his mind playing tricks on him, or did he hear—no, no… that was just his friend’s Galvantula alerting them to something that they’d spotted.

“O-okay,” he continued, his voice so hoarse only Zubat could hear. A few deep breaths later…

“Fuck,” was all he would say next.

“At least—it was you, and not anyone else who saw me break down like that… what a mess. Sorry.”

Nx71E7TA
total: 354

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 20:04:38 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Yeah, the very same.", Thomas told Alexei. "I remembered the tracks they left that day, and quickly connected the dots.", Thomas explained to Alexei.

When he apologized for breaking down, Thomas shook his head. "Alexei, you don't need to apologize for that. I doubt that many of us could resist such an effect. Hell, I briefly fell under its influence, right in front of Matias.", he'd admit.

He didn't care what anyone said, it couldn't be helped.

When Thread finished dismantling the electrified web, Thomas ruffled the top of his head affectionately. "Let's move.", Thomas told Alexei.

THPFTo61

tags:
notes: 399

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 20:11:40 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He was about to offer Tom to get up in the air so at least one of them could be on the lookout for shit on the ground when—when the ground beneath their feet trembled.

Really, right out here?

“Are you—you’ve got to be j-joking me! he yelped as he quickly summoned his very familiar Braviary and quickly hopped onto the avian’s back, and not a moment too soon!

There was a full-blown earthquake that would shake the entire area for the briefest of moments; and he felt safer up in the air anyway.

“A-are you okay?!” he called from his new position on the Braviary’s back.

s1S3kfkU
total: 409

• earthquake time (total of rolls passed 377)

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 21:22:26 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As soon as the Earthquake came, Thomas quickly brought out his Iron Valiant, Artanis. The mechanical Gallade quickly covered his master, and Thread, with a Wide Guard.

When the Earthquake settled, Thomas got back up.

"Yeah, I'm fi-", Thomas began, before he heard a cry he never heard before.

"Any idea what that was?", Thomas asked, after a moment passed.

5XNh|5Us

tags:
notes: Mysterious Cry

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 5:21:53 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Just when he thought the earthquake was the worst of it; a strange, keening noise then ripped through the space where they were.

“What the fuck,” he called as he swooped down low; the better so he could talk with his friend.

“Yeah. I definitely heard it. Unfortunately I have no idea what the fuck it is,” he added a few moments afterward.

“But whatever made that sound… you think it’s what attacked the research team?”

Hopefully not; but still. This was Hoenn; the possibilities were there.

BncSDViB
total: 441

• creepy times

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 5:25:51 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Whatever turned out to be the source of the mysterious cry, he wasn't exactly looking forward to meeting it. He had no idea what they were capable of, and how hostile they'd be. But given what else came from this area, he assumed they were hostile.

"Let's proceed with caution.", Thomas advised. Not that they weren't before, but the mysterious cry, on top of Ting Lu's implied presence, had him on edge.

|ao73qdC

tags:
notes: 473

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 5:35:03 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Yeah, definitely. I’ll keep an eye out from up here,” he added as his Braviary then flew back to a higher altitude; better to have one pair of eyes scouting ahead from the skies so Tom on the ground could prepare.

“What direction should we look for more clues? I’ll let you know right away if I see anything suspicious,” he went on as he then turned his sights to looking ahead for them—who knew what the fuck was waiting for them our here in this strange, and unknown place.

rHF8tt8o
total: 525

• time to look for whatever attacked the research team!

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 5:39:54 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Sounds like a plan.", Thomas told Alexei.

Thomas, going off of the last of the tracks they had followed, quickly found the matching set of tracks. "This way!", Thomas called out to Alexei, before moving in the direction the large tracks went.

27SxAWIy

tags:
notes: 612

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 5:45:24 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Got it!” he called from where he was, and the Braviary—whose eyes were far sharper than any human’s even at peak condition—also picked out the tracks as they were lost in the undergrowth… leading into the darkness.

The blue-plumed avian let out a cawing noise before flying off in a certain direction; and if Tom were to look up he would see Alex pointing in a certain direction; because the Braviary had spotted more of the tracks and had found a trail they could follow…

Hopefully they weren’t going straight into a trap!

Lpx|5eCV
total: 667 (r u kidding me)

• large tracks spotted, lesgo

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 5:50:21 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

When Alexei called out the Braviary's findings, Thomas began to follow the trail.

That was when Thomas spotted something that stopped him dead in his tracks. A rift into the Distortion World had opened right in front of him. As he peered into the rift, Thomas was filled with dread.

Was the Distortion World mapping out the Giant Chasm, and making a counterpart for itself?

"Alexei, are you seeing this?", Thomas uttered.

P|m2g1oe

tags:
notes: 734
TOTAL OF ROLLS MADE BY ALL WRITERS REACHES 666. - A rift to the DISTORTION WORLD opens briefly, like an opening eye. Peering into it fills your characters with dread. You can not enter this rift, but one may theorize the DISTORTION WORLD is attempting to map out this new area in order to create an antimaterial counterpart for the world.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 5:59:06 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Maybe it was luck the Braviary didn’t fly too far ahead, because—

“Wait, what?” he called from his aerial perch, looking down to where his friend was on the ground before looking up once again and…

“What the hell is something like this doing out here?!” he exclaimed, quickly reaching for his phone and pulling it out to record the strange phenomena that had just… suddenly… spawned right where they were headed.

“Yeah, Tom, I am definitely seeing it… what in the hell?!” he exclaimed as he squinted into its depths.

“Have any idea why they’re appearing out here?” he would ask a few moments later.

8UiK8176
total: 814

• TF why is there a space-time distortion out here?!

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 6:03:32 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"You think the Distortion World is adjusting itself to the changes in our world?", Thomas asked Alexei. "That the Distortion World is creating a counterpart of the Chasm, and Area Zero?"

The rift closed quickly. Thomas took a moment to collect himself. "Let's keep moving.", Thomas told Alexei, before resuming their hunt for the beast that attacked the Research Team.

jHZ9eXxx

tags:
notes: 889