awards
5,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 18:00:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The moment they’d been grounded back in reality, he too, had to close his eyes for a while and take a deep breath.

Okay, now that the intrusive thoughts fear wasn’t trying to kill them outright, he then retrieved the tablet to check where his Corvisquire was waiting—and she’d apparently decided to roost in a tree to rest her wings.

“Y-yeah, you do that,” he breathed out once he’d stabilized himself back to normal.

“Speaking of which, my Corvisquire took a rest; but… the tracks are there again,” he continued as he leaned over to show his friend the screen, rewinding the footage as needed.

AQEwz8Fs
total: 2,220

• the tracks are back, check the footage lol

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 18:04:14 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Should we wait for for your Corvisquire to be rested up, or you wanna just follow the tracks?", Thomas inquired.

As he looked on, he'd notice the slash-like markings around the terrain again. "You think whatever the target was, got into a fight with one of the Pokemon that emerged in the Icelands?", Thomas asked Alexei.

tpUzFUUT

tags:
notes: 2028
Slash marking prompt

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 18:12:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Wait, lemme take a look at the footage,” he hummed as he rewound back to just before the point they’d gotten sidetracked, and squinting at the tracks that went on beyond the wreck that the Regirock had left behind.

“…whatever left these tracks really doesn’t want to get into a fight with the bowl monster,” he added quietly; ‘bowl monster’ being Ting-Lu of course.

Eventually, the Corvisquire would take off again; this time doggedly following the rest of the tracks that had resumed—

“Come on, let’s go! She’s on the move,” he spoke up some minutes later.

PcHIhr7q
total: 2,254

• the chase is on!

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 18:15:52 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As they set off after the Corvisquire, Thomas heard the mysterious cry again.

"Well, whatever that belongs to, is clearly chatty.", Thomas remarked jokingly.

He could only hope there wouldn't be more roadblocks slowing them down.

SMJ9QFgJ

tags:
notes: 2317
Mysterious cry

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 18:31:59 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Either that or they’re really looking for someone to mate with,” he joked back, picking up the pace as the Corvisquire continued to fly forward; the tracks getting bigger and more numerous the further they went.

“I hope that Ting-Lu isn’t at the end waiting to kill us,” he went on as he shoved some undergrowth out of the way; never mind if they made so much noise chasing down whatever caused these tracks to just… appear.

What would they find at the end of the golden brick road path…?

8k2VXpwm
total: 2,371

• the chase is on!

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 19:13:21 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"From what the research team described, it definitely wasn't Ting-Lu. Unless Ting-Lu's also capable of shapeshifting.", Thomas replied to the Gym Leader.

Thankfully, it seemed that they were finally closing in on the position of the mysterious Pokemon. From their aerial view, Thomas could see a blue creature, hunched over the remains of another Pokemon, seemingly consuming its flesh.

75VpoJSv

tags:
notes: 2380

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 19:18:36 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It was at this point the Corvisquire turned back—before making a beeline straight towards where they were.

“Whoa, whoa,” he blinked, surprised at the Corvisquire’s sudden appearance. It was like the danger meter had been turned up, ridiculously, to the point where it was off the charts—

And there was that danged-ass antiquated-sounding roar again!

“Really?!” he would exclaim in the direction of the noise; before retrieving the camera from the Corvisquire and rewinding the footage, before recalling her and—

“Oh wow, someone’s hungry,” was all he would say next as they approached…

c|S54mzM
total: 2,392

• ROLL 2-10. - Hear the following cry echoing from somewhere deep below:
[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/MysteriousCry2.mp3[/player]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 19:33:17 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Upon hearing the mysterious cry, the strange blue beast looked around for a moment. Like the humans pursuing it, it also had been hearing the mysterious cries from down below.

Shrugging it off, it returned to its meal. By the time Thomas and Alexei arrived, it was fully immersed in feeding itself.

Thomas looked to his partner, as if to ask whether they should attack now, or wait a bit longer.

I4qVcd2a

tags:
notes: 2426

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 19:51:05 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

To his friend, these were the only words he would say:

“Let’s catch it by surprise.”

He knew, of course, that while attacking while it was distracted, they would be able to get closer—in his case, get as close as possible to get as much information as was permissible, all things considered, before the brawl erupted.

“We have the element of advantage, after all—” and here he would defer to Tom going first; as he would be supporting from the back row.

xyJAG8Db
total: 2,473

• we have the element of surprise!

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 19:56:34 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas gave a nod to the Gym Leader, before flying in, and blasting at the blue Pokemon with a volley of Dragon Pulses.

Following up on this, Thomas tossed out the Pokeball belonging to Thread, deploying the Galvantula. The Galvantula attempted to ensnare the Walking Wake with an Electroweb.

The series of attacks struck the beast, causing it to cry out in pain. It was clear this wasn't the same beast they were hearing earlier.

Breaking out of the net, the Walking Wake fired a blast of Hydro Steam towards Thomas and Kalameet, which the Hydreigon deftly strafed out of the way of.

YKUjq8LR

tags:
notes: 2543

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 20:08:43 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The moment Tom took the lead, his Braviary then provided covering fire with a surprise Rock Slide or two—making sure to avoid the Hydreigon and the Galvantula.

The Corviknight was good for one thing—she would then Swagger herself in the line of sight of the blue beast; hoping to catch it in a state of confusion!

“Tom, go!” he called as he adjusted his hold on the phone in his hands; making sure to catch the battle as it unfolded—he would then risk flying lower so that he would have a better view while the video was recording.

zxbnch__
total: 2,617

• Alex is recording the fight and trying to catch as much of the Walking Wake on video!

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 20:18:39 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

After dodging the Hydro Steam, Kalameet dipped down, allowing Thomas to dismount the dragon with a deft roll. Thomas allowed his Pokemon to divert the attention of the mysterious beast, while he retrieved his Galvantula's Pokeball.

As the beast attempted to take out the Hydreigon, the Galvantula charged up a blast of Thunder from his mandibles. The blast hit the creature in the back, causing it to growl in pain, before turning to the Galvantula, and peppering it with a Flamethrower.

The Galvantula found himself quickly overwhelmed by the Flamethrower, and being rendered unconscious. But before the strange beast could finish him off, Thomas quickly recalled the Galvantula, getting him to safety. Covering him was Kalameet, who peppered the beast with more Dragon Pulses.

VrCCZD5c

tags:
notes: 2618

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 20:26:50 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The funny thing about all this was that he was airborne; and the Braviary continued to rain down Rock Slide as covering fire; allowing the Hydreigon to slip through the cracks so to speak and to keep the pressure on the Walking Wake (not that he knew what it was called) but then again—

“Tom, watch out, you’re about to walk straight into—” he trailed off from his aerial vantage point; as there was a large, steaming pile of Pokémon doodoo not too far away from where the other had dismounted.

The Corvisquire, on the other hand, would continue squawking from her perch while continuing to Swagger in the Walking Wake’s direction because it didn’t look like the previous attempt actually landed (oops)!

e8tCxAIX
total: 2,629

• Alex is recording the fight and trying to catch as much of the Walking Wake on video!

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 20:41:27 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Shit.", Thomas remarked, upon stepping into the Walking Wake dropping.

Thomas hurriedly stepped out of the large turd. He could always get cleaned up later, he reasoned.

In any case, the Swagger took hold of the Walking Wake this time, causing the prehistoric Pokemon to get enraged, and confused. It'd attempt to Aqua Jet into the Corvisquire, only to smash into a rock, hurting itself in the process.

Taking advantage of this, the Hydreigon rained down a volley of Dragon Pulses onto the creature. Meanwhile, Thomas brought out his Iron Valiant, who rushed the beast, and attempted to beat it down in Close Combat.

PjN2nucw

tags:
notes: 2650
Rolled a 1: Step in mysterious droppings

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
All Nightmare Long
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 20:47:29 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

His Corvisquire squawked in victory; before this time taking off at breakneck speed and flying straight down; aiming for the Walking Wake’s eyes and attempting to poke the ever-living daylights out of it with a surprise Fury Attack that would catch the strange Gardevoir-like Pokémon’s attention to mind those feathers!

The Braviary would them swoop down, even lower and as close to the fight as possible (with him still on board, taking video) before blowing a Tailwind on their side of the ‘arena’; increasing all of their companions’ speed and reaction time!

“There we go!” he cheered after which the Braviary dropped another avalanche of Rock Slide boulders; hoping to strike a direct hit on the Walking Wake’s head!

Damn, this was one extra-strong Pokémon…

v9dl5dGs
total: 2,703