saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
glimpses
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 3:24:04 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias matyleday"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"you like this, right?"[break][break]

he holds in his hands a tupperware with homemade sandwiches inside, sliced half into triangle pieces with the crusts cut off. in them are peanut butter, jam, and nutella; an odd combination but it is not in his place to criticize.[break][break]

especially not when it comes to .[break][break]

"i made them myself. they should still be a bit warm."[break][break]

they sit lakeside a few miles away from the ranch, basking in the beauty and privacy given to them.

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matyleday"] --accent:#5d464e!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,617 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
glimpses
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 17:10:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oh, hey! thanks!"

he takes one and immediately takes a bite. the taste doesn't differ much since it's uses the same brand products, but it's the fact that matias made it that makes the difference.

as soon as he swallows the bite he took, he licks the crumbs off of his lips before turns to matias.

"you're being too stiff. is anything wrong?"

part of him is tempted to prod deeper and to tease him about it, while the other part tries to argue to let him answer first. the side of mischief wins in the end.

"did you add another month to your probation period again? i heard they've been noticing gaps of absence, hm?"

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
glimpses
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 11:18:03 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

it's only when points it out that matias realizes how tense his shoulders are. he exhales the tension away, guiding his posture to relax a bit more which proves easy when in the company of the champion.[break][break]

he clicks his tongue when he's teased, quick to defend himself.[break][break]

"those gaps didn't affect them in any way. i did my best to stay out of trouble like you told me to do."[break][break]

trouble in this case comes in the form of a person and a gifted object that sits so heavily in his pocket.[break][break]

"i went to see in lilycove."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,617 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
glimpses
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 5:26:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you went on a date? that's cute."

he knows the hypocrisy of allowing this meeting to happen. he, too, has been cordial with during their one encounter, and arguing that it's for matias' well-being was ironic.

that meeting was to delay the inevitable by opening the underboss's eyes to easier ways to manage the volatile, nothing more.

"what happened next?"

it's too late to tell him not to, and too early to berate. he waits and listens to see how much he will divulge, as always.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
glimpses
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 5:53:23 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

cute only in their own eyes and no one else's because a meeting between an elite four and an underboss is far from that descriptor. it is treason, which makes an accomplice.[break][break]

"it was very cute."[break][break]

still, it's easy to ignore the consequences and to focus on what's in front of him.[break][break]

"she spent the entire night trying to deny her feelings for me which i knew were there. i've known for a while now, i think."[break][break]

he chomps on his sandwich, needing only two, maybe three bites to finish it. when he swallows, he breathes out a question.[break][break]

"do you think she loves me?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,617 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
glimpses
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 7:11:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
honesty was more-or-less a vice for him. he makes do with half-truths, but a question such as this presented in the most straightforward way isn't something that he can simply waive.

"she's quite similar to you," he answers indirectly at first.

he decides to let go of any insecurity with the situation, answering with full confidence with his grasp of the situation.

"she might convince herself that what she thinks is what she feels, even if that was not the case. both of you could be lying even if you think you aren't, if that makes sense."

and both of them are tainted by ruinous creatures which aim for a parasitic relation with their avatar as their host.

"do you actually love her?" he asks him himself, "romantically, i mean."

he hints that elisabeth might not share the same definition of love as matias did.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
glimpses
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 7:19:20 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i don't know if i've ever loved someone romantically."[break][break]

only , but that had been a lifetime ago in a faraway world that barely lives on in his memories. but even now, as he looks at his friend, he can feel remnants of it there enough to make the distinction that the love he feels for is different.[break][break]

it is not romantical, no.[break][break]

"but i love her as a person, i guess. who she is, how she is, and the way she makes me feel."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,617 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
glimpses
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 7:30:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"then she probably feels the same."

they had a connection. it just happens that it wasn't what matias hoped for, nor was it the relationship both of them needed.

"if she's willing to be honest and transparent, it makes sense that she played along despite admitting that she doesn't feel the same."

he looks at him, taking a bite of the sandwich as he tilts his head. eyes look for any sort of message in his expression, but there doesn't seem to be anything hidden.

kyle swallows his food before talking again.

"you're really taking this well, surprisingly," he jokes. "i really thought you'd fight more about your truth."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
glimpses
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 7:35:56 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

then she probably feels the same.[break][break]

"then why hasn't she said it back?"[break][break]

not that it actually needed to be said, but the fact that has somehow weaved around all of their encounters without ever voicing her feelings aloud is troubling.[break][break]

it makes him restless, antsy as his leg bounces even though he's sat with them crossed.[break][break]

"there's no point fighting, not when you'll just see right through me."[break][break]

which makes him wonder if has gleaned the real reason as to why they're out here today.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,617 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
glimpses
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 7:46:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"fair."

he's easy to read, especially after the dream of galar. in the same vein as elisabeth acts similarly to him, she, too, becomes a second volume of the open book that is matias.

"and i told you before, she probably convinced herself that she doesn't. she knows the relationship isn't feasible in the long term, and it makes it easier to end things when she feels like she isn't losing anything."

rockets are selfish, despite the tribalistic ideology they employ for their grunts.

"did she end things off?" he asks since he already mentioned it.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
glimpses
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 8:41:04 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"not exactly."[break][break]

though a part of him knows had intended to when "she gave me this."[break][break]

casually, from his pocket, he pulls out a RED SHARD, fully believing it to be real because he has no reason to suspect otherwise.[break][break]

visually, it matches the shards embedded along his flesh. the fact that groudon desires it as much as it does further dismisses any doubts he might have had.[break][break]

no words escape him. he only watches , nervous despite himself.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,617 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
glimpses
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 9:15:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his eyes widen. the same surprise that others would get at the sight of one wasn't surprising to see on the champion.

"oh, uh, wow."

for a moment, he is at a loss for words. he supposed he didn't have the complete read on if she would be so willing to hand out a bargaining chip that could keep him around.

he can't say it was out of character, though. kyle, too, would do it as a test.

"i guess this does mean she does care about your relationship to some extent." his eyes don't let go of the shard. "are you keeping it as a souvenir? is that why you haven't absorbed it yet?"

he doesn't go near it as much as he already was where he was seated. he's seen changes in behavior from groudon's greed, and to prod it further was a danger.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
glimpses
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 9:21:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i guess it does, yeah."[break][break]

he had thought it from the very moment gifted the precarious RED SHARD to him, seeing it more so as an affirmation of the love she refuses to admit she has for him.[break][break]

when prods at why the RED SHARD still exists in the form it's in instead of within his body, matias grows quiet for a moment, hesitant, as though someone like him could ever feel such a thing.[break][break]

"to be honest..."[break][break]

he pauses.[break][break]

"i'm scared, kyle."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,617 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
glimpses
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 10:05:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he blinks, and then turns his eyes to the skies, allowing matias privacy with his feelings.

"that's the normal reaction to it," he points out. "about time you showed it."

multiple events played out with matias not showing a shred of it, hiding it under a layer of brazen bravado. from his trip to land hoenn, to a solo assault on sootopolis and more, he never had followed logic.

there's a bittersweet feeling that it had to be a sentimental gift that sways matias to normalcy.

"say, what exactly are you scared of?" he asks.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
glimpses
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 10:32:33 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

basking in the privacy gives him, matias' gaze lowers to the RED SHARD between his fingers. he slides it into his palm, feeling the weight of it; how light it feels for something that contains that much power.[break][break]

"i saw a glimpse of the life i'd have without it. it felt freeing, in many ways, and i was just able to be me."[break][break]

it wasn't necessarily a life without groudon. it was a life without power.[break][break]

"i'm scared i'll lose everything i care about because i know it doesn't end here with just this one shard. the moment i consume it, it's onto the next. groudon will have it no other way."

[attr="class","bottom"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing