March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[EXCURSION][C/Andrea] Overwhelmed
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 5:01:22 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Just beneath the cloud cover masking the Great Chasm, Shalin gasped both in awe and fright of what she was seeing. Unlike in Hoenn proper, all of the Pokémon roaming the alien, utopic, and untouched landscape were fully evolved. The sound of a HYPER BEAM being discharged by a Tyranitar, reducing an Iron Moth to nothingness, reiterated to Shalin the danger she and would be in. She had fought deadly foes before when retrieving the Medallions of Eight and discovering how to hatch Ultra Beast eggs deep within the Halls of Origin.

Midori's soothing, Virizion-like cry did little to calm Shalin. She was terrified at the power of the Pokémon beneath. One mistake could cost the life of one of her Pokémon, or even her own life. It was clear from the way they battled that almost, if not all of the Pokémon within the Great Chasm vastly outclassed hers in combat. That disparity would only grow greater the deeper she descended.

All she had to keep her sane was her Sygna Suit and the energy that flowed between her and her Flygon to pump her morale. Taking a seat on one of them, she gave the command to start. "Alright, Sandy, Bug Buzz me, but not too fast!" Stretching, the dragon-type raised her wings before doing as asked. The Captain disappeared into a streak of green light as the wing began to vibrate, making it impossible for her to be seen from the outside or for her to see anything other than the appendage she was gripping with all four limbs.

It didn't take more than a few seconds to leave Shalin energized, but not high, on the Infinity Energy bond flaring between the two. After a minute or two of regaining her sense of touch, she slid off the wing and sent out Lathiel, a Type: Null that was much better behaved than Josh's. Climbing atop the legendary normal-type, she took a deep breath. "Andrea, I want you to take point. You're the Gym Leader, after all," she admitted shakily. "These Pokémon aren't getting any easier to battle any time soon."

oieo6fW5

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Midori        Iron Leaves    Good
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Lathiel       Type: Null     Good
Saria         Venusaur       Good
Mia           Glaceon**      Good
Treble        Kommo-o        Good
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 10:17:28 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Shalin was visibly apprehensive about this mission, but after a supersonic ride on her Flygon's vibrating wing, she seemed a lot more confident. Could that be a form of stress relief for the eccentric ranger similar to using a massage chair? One could only wonder.

Andrea was the last person in the world that could judge her for being weird, seeing how she was on a path to becoming a full-blown dragon herself. With Chomper in tow and her matching Hydreigon Sygna Suit to boot, she was more than happy to take the lead. "Don't worry, we've got your back! You shouldn't sell yourself short, though. You'd be surprised how good Type: Null are at battling."

With that, the dragon-costumed woman allowed Infinity Energy to flow into her artificial wings, letting her Fly alongside Chomper over the Giant Chasm's immense airspace. Doing so would allow her to scout the area up ahead for any potential threats.

"Wheeeeee! Sygna Suits are the best!" The flying girl wailed in utter glee, stretching her arms forward like a superhero.

psLH89oS
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 4:37:13 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Sandy's wing was akin to an unfathomably powerful massage chair that only Shalin could use. Her hair was a complete mess afterward, both from the wind blowing it around and the vibration itself forcing her hair to stand on end. "Believe me, I know," she replied with a tingle in her voice. "When she wanted to battle, she could. She just only wanted to battle Ultra Beasts for the longest time. She's a good girl now, though, isn't she?" With an alien-sounding mixture between a purr and a whine, Lathiel seemed to approve of her trainer's kind words. That she allowed Shalin on her back showed how much their bond had improved. And yet, it still had a ways to go before that bond could peak.

"They are!" Shalin chirped back as she squeezed Lathiel's sides in an effort to keep up with Andrea. "I can fly in mine, too!" In a roundabout and deranged way, sure. It was less flying and more being launched into the air like a ballistic projectile, but details.

As the duo crossed a stream produced by a waterfall, two walls of tall vines sprouted around Shalin and Lathiel. They had trapped her and her Type: Null between them, though Ranger and had plenty of room to maneuver yet. They would need it, too, with a quartet of Brute Bonnet on the offensive. Two danced around Shalin and Lathiel, covering them in RAGE POWDER and drawing out blind aggression from them both. Not only was Lathiel about to fight dangerous paradox Pokémon, but Shalin herself was about to go into combat against them. She looked like she could blow a gasket from how mad she was.

In the meantime, the other two Brute Bonnet, fueled by their PROTOSYNTHESIS, started glowing with a brilliant light. A pair of SOLARBEAMS would be headed toward the duo in the air if they didn't do something... though the pollen in the air might complicate things!

SuQeOs4u

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 10:16:47 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
While gushing about how awesome Sygna Suits were, the young cosplayer had strayed a bit too far from her supposed charge, which ended up with the latter being ambushed by a bunch of feral-looking Amoonguss lookalikes.

As soon as she noticed the scuffle, Andrea descended into the cartoonish cloud of pollen with no second thought, barely dodging one of the solar beams on her way there. "Hang on, Shalin! I'll save you!"

Inhaling a mouthful of rage-inducing powder upon landing, she began seeing red. Bathed in an aura of draconic spirit--not as strong as Chomper's aura, but potent nonetheless--the human girl rammed into one of the Brute Bonnets with an Outrage.

As for Chomper himself, being angry when fighting was the norm, so the powder's effects were not as noticeable on him. Empowered by his trainer's own RAGE, the shiny Hydreigon assailed another of the Brute Bonnets with a vicious Fire Fang.

yHBsV9nF

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 4:26:14 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin was just as upset as Andrea was, hurling Sandy's Poké Ball to the ground to activate her own Sygna Suit. Hopping on the dragon-type's wing, she yelled for a BUG BUZZ attack in a threatening tone that was very unlike the normally-cheerful girl. Shalin would get one, and this time, the Flygon wouldn't hold back. She disappeared into a green streak of light atop the wing, both of them shrieking in their own ways: Shalin with her voice, and Sandy with just how fast the vibration was. The shockwave shredded much of the Brute Bonnets' foliage, the grass and dark-types not standing a chance against the Sygna Pokémon. In her anger, she didn't think about what the Bug-type attack would do to Chomper!

It took a Sygna Suit and an extreme weakness for Shalin to keep up with the paradox Pokémon, but it was a confidence builder. Once the Rage Powder wore off, she slid down from the wing, her ankles rolling as she collapsed onto the grass near the stream. "Where... where am I?" she asked Andrea, coming down from the Infinity Energy high made only more intense by being under the influence of Rage Powder.

T5yjbgrC

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 10:59:35 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
It took Andrea a moment to recover her bearings as well, the effects of the rage-inducing powder still lingering, while nearby, Chomper was still reeling from the friendly fire courtesy of Shalin's Flygon. As far as battles went, this could have gone a lot smoother.

After their enemies had fled, she rushed to her friend's aid, helping her up. "We're in the Giant Chasm. We just fought a bunch of paradoxes, and... I think we went crazy." The young PokéManiac tried to mentally put the pieces back together herself. "Are you able to walk?" She asked the green-clad ranger.

Although she tried to take charge of things, Andrea was not in much better shape herself. A sudden, inexplicable sense of dread paralyzed the dragon enthusiast from head to toe.

e6Yw4xfV

ROLL ANY NUMBER WITH A 4. - Feel a sudden debilitating pang of fear.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 7:02:28 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It took time for Shalin to respond with more than groans and moans, but she eventually got to her feet. "I should... be fine," she answered, still a bit shaken up. "The Infinity Energy is just... a lot." Withdrawing the rest of her Pokémon other than Lathiel and deactivating her suit, the Ranger hopped onto the Type: Null's back, feeling a lot less overwhelmed when her steed was... not constantly vibrating. Even her suit had its limits.

Once she had fully recovered her senses, Shalin would let Andrea lead the way... but she seemed hesitant. "If you need to take five, we can." She wouldn't mind it, either. Surely the roaming paradox Pokémon would have second thoughts about an ambush when a Type: Null was present, right?

8_sSW7Zx

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 9:37:26 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"If I need to take five? Shalin, you look awful. Maybe we shouldn't have come down here..." Andrea could tell that the ranger was downplaying her exhaustion, so she went into overprotective big sister mode (even though Shalin was older).

The Type: Null's presence did deter an Iron Bundle from drawing near, and Chomper was also vigilant. However, overpowered Pokémon could only achieve so much if their trainers were too spent to command them.

Suddenly, a violent earthquake permeated the valley. It only lasted for a couple of seconds, but it made the young PokéManiac wish she had been in flight when it happened. "Whew! That was intense!"

8q5QZaf8

TOTAL OF ROLLS MADE BY ALL WRITERS REACHES 377. - You experience an earthquake.
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 6:36:47 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin was tired, and very little of that exhaustion was conscientously self-inflicted. Sure, Sandy's vibration contributed some, but it was mostly wearing herself out fighting the paradox Pokémon hand-to-hand, draining her Sygna Suit's Infinity Energy reserves nearly dry. It would take time for those reserves to fill once again. "If you aren't confident in coming down here..." she trailed off. She had asked to be accompanied by a Gym Leader, and Andrea was a Gym Leader. Minor League, but with almost the same prestige as one Hoenn's nine Major League Gyms. If even she was concerned about delving deeper, just how much worse was Area Zero beneath?

Even Shalin and Lathiel was rocked by the vibration, the girl feeling like she was on Treble's Clanging Scales unprotected. She looked even more tired than she was before. It showed just how reliant Shalin was on her Sygna Suit, both to entertain herself and to fight. Were an Infinity Energy overload to occur within her suit, what would happen to her? There were times when its output was dangerously high, particularly when riding Sandy's wing mid-Boomburst. It was the most destructive weapon in her arsenal, but it was also horribly taxing on her. Better than being torn to shreds without her suit protecting her!

vJH_tOd6

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 9:01:14 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"It's you I'm worried about, silly!" With her sock puppet of a hand, Andrea gently booped the other woman's nose. Being an avid Sygna Suit user, she was well aware of their limits and how draining continuous usage of Infinity Energy could be to a human being.

"There's no shame in going home, Shalin. It's not the same as giving up. The Giant Chasm will still be here tomorrow for us to explore!" The Hydreigon-cosplaying girl continued, before cracking a smile. "Unless some legendary Pokémon destroys it, but what are the odds of that happening?"

ipe4mCFA

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 4:16:00 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin giggled when Andrea gave her nose a friendly bop, snapping her out of it. As fun as it was being flung around faster than the eye could see, it was also draining on her. With how large Area Zero was, it was clear that if she wanted to come back and fight at her best, the place would be a no fun zone, far as her suit was concerned. Certainly no supersonic rides with Saria in this place. She could do that any time she wanted back home.

"This place is... a lot bigger than I thought," she exhaled. "Even the Ultra Wilds weren't this taxing on me. Next time we come out here, I'm only tapping into my suit when necessary." She raised an eyebrow at her last comment; she could have sworn she felt a pang of PRESSURE from deep within. It was so distant that Andrea may not have been able to notice. "Let's head back to Oldale and try again tomorrow." Reining Lathiel into a 180, the Type: Null led the way back up the slope with Shalin in tow.

GYkzABNI

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,349 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 21:59:35 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: