awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
AZ EXCURSION B: AM
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 11:32:02 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
It wouldn't be Hoenn if people weren't constantly obsessing over mining strange rocks.

Unfortunately, most geologists were not adept at battling, therefore they needed some hired muscle to defend them against the many threats lurking within Area Zero, while they conducted their research in peace. Being short on cash, Andrea had accepted the job.

Standing guard not too far from the drilling rig, the young PokéManiac was surprised to see who else was assisting the scientists. "Mr. Matias?! Are you here to help out too?" She asked, feeling a sudden, inexplicable sense of dread.

Noticing her reaction, her Aggron looked around for any signs of approaching danger.

y9ZfOEo_

ROLL ANY NUMBER WITH A 4. - Feel a sudden debilitating pang of fear.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 7:38:37 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias matyleday"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"matias is fine, thanks."[break][break]

mister matias makes him seem far more sophisticated than he actually is which would only leave disappointed. she can't expect that much from a man who is barefoot all the time.[break][break]

"but yes, just on guard duty. why are you here?"[break][break]

DxFoXyQk[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matyleday"] --accent:#5d464e!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; }
.matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 38px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 11:36:35 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Barefoot? That seemed potentially dangerous. What if he stepped on a very sharp pebble?

"Same reason you are. Guard duty." The dragon-costumed woman replied to his question, somewhat nervous, since their last encounter had ended on kind of an unhappy note. "Is this what an Elite Four usually does?" She asked in an attempt to break the ice, so to speak.

3en8ZrOW

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 12:31:29 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"only when the situation calls for it."[break][break]

the ice is broken in such a way that leaves them stranded on their own icebergs that float, perhaps never to come together.[break][break]

"which is why i'm surprised you're here. you sure you're tough enough to handle this?"[break][break]

Y8N7OyHy[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; }
.matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 38px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 13:41:50 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Of course I'm tough enough!" Andrea pouted, her cheeks inflating almost like a Patrat's pouches. "I've fought legendaries multiple times AND I survived on Meteno!"

The drilling rig was fired up, its noise scaring off a nearby swarm of Glimmet that floated away. "So... Got any idea what they're mining back there?" The girl asked, hoping to fish for some insider info on what the League was cooking.

oUml_cdC

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 4:54:37 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"if you say so. just making sure."[break][break]

despite her answer, doubt still plagues him, so it's easier to assume that he has to carry both their weights while down here. it's safer that way as well.[break][break]

glancing back at the drilling rig, he shrugs a shoulder.[break][break]

"no idea. sometimes, i find it better to not know. spares your sanity, you know?"[break][break]

EAVLvz9_[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 10:37:57 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"I get it... I dunno what the League is up to more than half the time." The young cosplayer admitted, cracking an uneasy smile. "I guess we have that in common, right?"

Murderhobos in arms, one could say.

A wild Glimmora got a bit too curious about the man-made contraption, and drew near, but was quickly chased away by Andrea's Aggron.

"You don't think that Team Rocket might try to sabotage them, do you?" The girl turned back to Matias with a worried look.

nQuqNQti

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 3:48:09 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i wouldn't put it past them."[break][break]

he answers truthfully, though there is a distinct lack of vigor behind his voice as compared to before when the mere mention of team rocket would've been enough to anger him.[break][break]

time changes people, he supposes.[break][break]

"have you had any recent encounters with them?"[break][break]

DA289NAy[break]
total: 455[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 9:21:29 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The League scientists started drilling into the earth with their machine, causing tremors on the ground. Somehow, even through all the noise, the Elite Four's question rang loud and clear.

Andrea visibly flinched. She could never admit to him that she was in contact with , that she had been visited by , or even that she'd gotten a present from . Civilians were not meant to intertwine with the organization to the degree that she did.

"I... No, I haven't." Unfortunately, the young woman was terrible at lying. "Have you?" She asked in turn.

ZrE0JcdR

TOTAL OF ROLLS MADE BY ALL WRITERS REACHES 377. - You experience an earthquake.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 9:43:32 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

feeling the EARTHQUAKE coming, matias' hand moves in subtle gestures, manipulating the earth beneath them to counteract the erratic quaking.[break][break]

"i had a close call with them during the kyurem incident but my priorities were divided then."[break][break]

he admits to andrea.[break][break]

"i wanted to kill them, though."[break][break]

XXBlMImk[break]
total: 544[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 10:07:39 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Ah, the Kyurem incident. She remembered seeing many people wearing masks; definitely Rockets. And once again, they had quarreled with the League over a quaint, stone-like artifact.

Matias' bloodthirsty vendetta against Team Rocket was consistent with what had said about his character, yet it still made Andrea think. "Is that what you want, or is it what Groudon wants?"

While patrolling the area, Andrea's Aggron accidentally stepped on a smelly pile of... something. The bipedal rhinoceros grunted in annoyance, shaking the icky muck off its foot.

26fDwbJB

ROLL A 1. - Step in Paradox Pokemon droppings or Paradox Pokemon "juice" (the mysterious liquid in 'Future' Paradox Pokemon).
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 5:10:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"that's all me. has been ever since kanto."[break][break]

he sniffs, ignoring the smelly pile her aggron somehow steps in, being the lumbering baboon of a pokemon it is.[break][break]

"do you think differently?"[break][break]

brh0Qnsh[break]
total: 633[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 9:26:42 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Dejected, Andrea did not give him an answer. With a belief system that went so far back, nothing she said could possibly dissuade him.

The drill went silent. The tremors subsided. Scientists were now packing their things, while taking last minute notes.

"Sounds like they're done for the day." The dragon maiden observed.

Suddenly, a tear through the fabric of reality appeared before the duo; a rift to the Distortion World stared back at them like the eye of a beast, non-Euclidean structures floating within an ineffable, never-ending mass of primordial chaos.

As quickly as it had appeared, the rift closed, leaving the young woman utterly flabbergasted. "W-what the hell was that?!"

That's right, Andrea Vaneau actually swore.

RIDsAHa7

TOTAL OF ROLLS MADE BY ALL WRITERS REACHES 666. - A rift to the DISTORTION WORLD opens briefly, like an opening eye. Peering into it fills your characters with dread. You can not enter this rift, but one may theorize the DISTORTION WORLD is attempting to map out this new area in order to create an antimaterial counterpart for the world.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,115 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 13:53:57 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

with an air of nonchalance, matias shakes his head, regarding the tear in space and reality as though it were an everyday occurrence.[break][break]

"it's the distortion world. they think it's trying to map out this new area."[break][break]

he peers in for as long as it allows him to, feeling familiar dread creep through his skin.[break][break]

"have you ever been?"[break][break]

D|UhMh2n[break]
total: 716[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 15:39:17 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Distortion World... Giratina..." The girl muttered, still slightly dazed. If his theory was correct, then this Areo Zero had not existed beforehand, or if it had, it'd been hidden from the eyes of the deity presiding over the reverse side.

"No, I haven't been to it. What about you?" Andrea asked the man, tilting her head curiously.

i8vQInc5