Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Burdensome Burrow
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 17:34:10 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

When the final touches to the drilling machine are finished, the technician wastes no time in firing up the machine.

Thomas and Mordred position themselves at the perimeter of the survey site, ready to fend off any interlopers. They were expecting meddling from either Team Rocket, or hostile wildlife.

"How you doing, Roy?", Thomas asked his partner.

qFKnySGK

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
308 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
Burdensome Burrow
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 17:27:34 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","postruinsbg"]

[attr="class","postruinstxt"]

[attr="class","postruinsicon"]
"I'm fine." He responds with his words carrying a hint of distraction.

"Are you sure it's supposed to rumble like this?"

The draconid lightly kicks the outside of the machine as if he's offering it some kind of assistance. The drill's noise was loud and likely disturbed the habitats of the numerous pokemon in the vicinity. Despite Area Zero being relatively new, pokemon had already fashioned homes within its interior.

Cutting through the ambient noise of their machine, a piercing screech could be heard echoing off the cavern's walls. They were no longer alone.

MEZVpma9

[attr="class","postruinspkmn"]

[newclass=.postruinsbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png'); width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsicon]background:url("https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/royaker.gif"); width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Burdensome Burrow
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 4:40:23 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Oi, watch the machinery!", the technician barked at Roy.

Suddenly, the man backed away, a look of pure terror on his face. Thomas looked over to the technician. He recognized what was happening, but before he could alert Roy, Thomas felt the piercing influence of Ting Lu take hold.

Thomas' breathing became sharp, his body tensed up. Visions of meeting a similar fate to Andraste assailed his mind. Whispers filled his ear, berating him for failing her.

"Dammit, leave me alone!", Thomas shouted.

J7KXmIa0

tags:
notes: 102
Fear prompt

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
308 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
Burdensome Burrow
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 18:02:31 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

Roy's eyes darted towards the direction of the screech as it echoed across the cavern. The distorted shadows pranced on the walls and the crystals contained within, adding an extra layer of fear to their situation. The draconid mistakenly associates the screech with his comrade's sudden outburst as he shifts his attention to Thomas.

"You alright?" The trainer's voice manages to slice through the ambience noise of the drill.

Meanwhile, the paradox pokemon continue their advance towards the duo's base of operations. The air applied a level of tension as the pair remained oblivious to the oncoming assault.

gyMd|464

[newclass=.postruinsbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png'); width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsicon]background:url("https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/royaker.gif"); width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Burdensome Burrow
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 1:58:48 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Yeah, I'll be fine.", Thomas remarked, upon regaining his composure. "Careful, there's a powerful Pokemon around the area. One that's causing fear to manifest.", Thomas warned Roy.

Mordred, seeing as his master was composed, got himself ready for the oncoming Paradox hordes. To accompany the black knight, Thomas brought out his Roaring Moon.

xNUGAcKe

tags:
notes: 248

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
308 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
Burdensome Burrow
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 18:42:14 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

Roy had no idea what this guy was talking about. Regardless, it wouldn't stop him from his task. In his mind, he had already seen the worst of the worst.

Without the trainer's order, a charizard suddenly appears after a flicker of light from the trainer's pocket. Something was off and Balmung could feel it, even from within his own sphere. The orange-colored dragon uses his wings to land into a position beside the black knight that mirrored the roaring moon's. The charizard was prepared to play defense, just like the other two.

That's when Roy noticed the pack of paradox creatures around the bend. They were no longer alone. The civilian only waits for words from his partner instead of speaking his own.

cGiC8z2f

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Burdensome Burrow
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 22:20:37 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As Thomas' battlers got themselves ready for the upcoming fight, with Thomas even bringing out his Iron Valiant and Iron Crown, the trainer heard a mysterious cry from down below. It was one he had heard many times throughout the day. One of two, with this one seemingly more frequent than the other one.

"You heard this one before?", Thomas inquired.

Mordred climbed onto the back of the Iron Crown, while Artanis climbed onto the Roaring Moon.

pNdEs1Eh

tags:
notes: 2-10 - Mysterious Cry

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
308 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
Burdensome Burrow
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 17:04:50 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

"I don't know."

Roy's not even sure of what he just heard. He had little experience with paradox pokemon and Area Zero, but this didn't stop his arrogance. There was nothing that could stop him from defending this place. That was his task and he planned on seeing it through. However, his comrade appeared to be significantly more prepared. They were not new to tasks like this, and they had the tools accomplish it.

The draconid didn't like playing spectator, but even his hardheaded mentality could understand the gravity of the situation. If they wanted to walk out of here with this drill in one piece, they needed teamwork.

"Are you taking the lead on this one?" He asks as he stares into the pack of paradox pokemon a short distance away.

wWmynikl

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Burdensome Burrow
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 5:17:15 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Yeah.", Thomas replied.

The Roaring Moon and Iron Valiant duo took point, flying off to meet the Paradox horde head on. Following them was the Iron Crown and Ceruledge duo.

Starting off the battle, the Iron Valiant unleashed a blinding Dazzling Gleam towards the horde, before the Roaring Moon followed up with an oppressive Rock Slide, threatening to crush the oncoming Pokemon.

A Flutter Mane attempted to attack the duo in retaliation, charging up a Moonblast to shoot down the dragon. Before she could fire off the attack, a Tachyon Cutter from the Iron Crown sliced her ethereal body apart, before causing her to fade into mist.

igH38oJX

tags:
notes: 429

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
308 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
Burdensome Burrow
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 16:13:30 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

Instead of following the knights and their gallant steeds into battle, the charizard held its ground. They were both tasked with playing defense, but the ex-elite four member was on the offense. Roy and his pokemon would be responsible for anything that got too close to the drill and its samples.

"I've got this covered." He confirmed his role, urging his comrade to press forward.

After his declaration, he summoned two additional dragons to fortify their position. One took the form of a living bridge and the other resembled an oversized dinosaur. They stood ready as some of paradoxical creatures breeched through the offense and found ways to sneak into their base of operations.

With another subtle gesture from his hand, Roy ordered his dragons forward. The archaludon operated like a self-powered turret, firing off electric attacks while the two dragons went for close range tactics. Balmung threw talons into his opponents, while the dinosaur battled solely with his teeth.

wQ_GKPQg

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Burdensome Burrow
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 18:12:40 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas deployed his Flygon, Kiryu. Upon getting onto the Flygon, Thomas charged into battle after the four he sent out previously. As the duo flew towards the frontlines, the Flygon performed a Dragon Dance, in order to hype himself up for the coming battle.

That was when a violent earthquake ripped through the arena. Immediately, Artanis formed a Wide Guard around his allies, shielding them from any debris that might fall onto them.

The machinery was brought down by the earthquake.

"Dammit!", the technician shouted. With a weary sigh, he turned to Roy. "Cover us, we're gonna get this damn thing sorted out!", the technician called out to the Draconid, before joining the others in trying to get the drill back up and running.

ipvnMZDK

tags:
notes: 509
Earthquake

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
308 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
Burdensome Burrow
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 16:32:08 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

Roy was still on the ground when the earthquake occurred. Just as the floor started to vibrate, his loyal Balmung swooped in and removed him from the earth just as it began to break. Unfazed by the chaos, Roy's two other pokemon continued their relentless battle against the invading horde of paradox pokemon.

"Got it," his voice offers confirmation as the charizard releases him onto a secure perch, ready to rejoin the fray.

With another decisive gesture from his hand, Balmung is ordered back into battle. The orange-colored dragon unleashes a fist empowered by electricity into one foe. Meanwhile, the colossal dinosaur assaults another with thunderous fangs and the living skyscraper fires a blast of energy from its jaws. Together, the trio exhibited remarkable synergy, seamlessly maneuvering through the paradox pokemon with little error.

MNnFbA|z

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Burdensome Burrow
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 17:42:43 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

When the Earthquake subsided, the horde of Paradox Pokemon continued their charge towards the drill. The two sets of rider and mount Pokemon fended them off. While Midir charged them head on, Artanis used Dazzling Gleam fire to suppress them. While Iron Crown fired off Tachyon Cutters at the opposing Paradox Pokemon, Mordred cut down those who got close to them.

Suddenly, Thomas heard a familiar cry from down below. It was the other, less frequent cry he'd been hearing throughout the day. Though he had questions about what the source of the cries were, and why they were so loud, fending off the Paradox Pokemon came first.

dIF3O2xd

tags:
notes: 649
Mysterious Cry

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
308 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
Burdensome Burrow
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 16:43:19 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

Roy caught the sound of the mysterious cry, but only briefly. There was far too much going on for him to properly react. As Thomas and his pokemon cleaved their way into the attackers, the draconid was too busy playing defense.

"Again," he orders his steel-type with another wave of his hand.

Both Rex and Balmung relied on close combat while Durendal, the archaludon, used his electric-type attack to distinguish any that made it past them. Initially, the battle appeared endless, but it clear that the duo and their pokemon were making quite a dent into their forces. It seemed like the war was almost over and the pair could walk away with their sample

BzhS0QeI

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Burdensome Burrow
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 23:33:58 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The battle seemed to have been going in their favor. Despite the overwhelming odds they faced, their teamwork prevented the Paradox Pokemon from swarming the drill.

That was when a small rift into the Distortion World opened up. As Thomas peered into the rift, he could feel an overwhelming sense of dread wash over him. He had seen this before. Despite that, the sense of dread was one he couldn't quite get used to.

Pk|4UCNE

tags:
notes: 835
Distortion Rift