he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
248 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Everyday Superhero [Excursion/Shalin]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 20:52:24 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg7"]

[attr="class","header"]EVERYDAY BY MYSELF I’M BREAKING DOWN

[attr="class","setting"]

Problems were bound to happen, especially when it came to exploring new territory like him and basically everyone else had been doing since Hoenn's version of Area Zero had been deemed safe enough to explore.
[break][break]
So when he had received news of Paradox pokemon running amok while looking over something else in Area Zero, he hadn't been really surprised. Still, he couldn't quite hold back a sigh as he abandoned his original task and glanced over at Shalin, his partner during this venture into Area Zero.
[break][break]
"I guess we should help deal with the problem," he said as he moved over to Celestia, his shiny Galarian Rapidash, who had been helping with lighting by using Dazzling Gleam to surround the area with light.[break]
[break][break]
qxDY3liH

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/Px9QpS0r/IMG-2288.webp);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg7 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 8:09:33 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin had become quite familiar with the Giant Chasm in her several trips through the untouched, gorgeous, grassy steppes and cliffs beneath the Silent Icelands. She and her Iron Leaves had become so acclimated to one another that she was able to get the paradox Pokémon fitted with a saddle. With a more robotic version of a Virizion's chirp, Midori reared high, her Sacred Sword pointing skyward while she posed. "Easy, girl!" Shalin cried, holding on for dear life as her psychic steed chaotically pranced about as fast as a whirlwind.

Once she had calmed down, the Captain turned her head toward Ever. "I'm... not gonna lie, a little nervous about going this deep," Shalin admitted, her Type: Null ever vigilant for powerful Pokémon looking to prey upon the intruders. "If you're ever feeling overwhelmed, we retreat and fly back to the surface, okay?"

6SrW95wH

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Midori        Iron Leaves    Good
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Lathiel       Type: Null     Good
Saria         Venusaur       Good
Kiku          Skuntank       Good
Firja         Glastrier      Good
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
248 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 2:24:45 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Swinging himself into the saddle fitted on Celestia’s back, his gaze flickered to the Iron Leaves, which was Shalin’s own mount. "Seems like someone's ready to get started," he said, his gaze fixed on the prancing Iron Leaves, as if she was just raring to go.
[break][break]
At the mention of going deeper, he frowned. He was sure it would be even colder. Not that he was bothered by the cold. It would also be darker the further down they went, and while he loved Celestia, he knew expecting her to keep Dazzling Gleam lit the whole time they were down here would be beyond cruel.
[break][break]
"We should be fine as long as we stick together," he said a bit awkwardly, never really being the one to provide comfort. It's hard to be good at something like that when one can't even talk about their own feelings.
[break][break]
At the mention of retreating if things got too hard, he nodded. "That's the reason why I always keep Rook on me," he said as they began to head deeper into the chasm.[break]
[break][break]
1SyB3s3n

[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/Px9QpS0r/IMG-2288.webp);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 2:09:21 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Midori was excited. Unlike many of the paradox Pokémon from beneath the Giant Chasm, the Iron Leaves clicked with Shalin well. With a nudge to the grass-type's sides, they pushed through the waterfall and into the main cavern consisting of Area Zero. "Keep an eye on the clouds above us, too," Shalin pointed. "Beyond them is our ticket out if we have to retreat quickly." While seeing through them was impossible, she had been in and out of Area Zero enough that she knew that was how the Chasm and the caverns were linked.

That wouldn't make the nasties in the bottom of the place any easier to handle.

Celestia's presence was welcome; Shalin didn't have a lot of Pokémon that could heal. She wished she had brough her own Galarian Rapidash, but the equine wasn't keeping up with her growing team. Plus, studying the paradox Pokémon and her Type: Null was a higher priority. "You been down here a few times before?" Shalin asked Ever. "You know what to expect?"

r9C1D|vq

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
248 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 18:34:39 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Having been in Area Zero and the surrounding areas before, he knew just how they worked. So he was well aware of what needed to be done to make a quick exit if he had to. However, instead of saying anything, he simply nodded to show he had understood, seeing no point in talking unless he really had to.
[break][break]
It wasn't that he had a problem with Shalin. He just wasn't a very social person. He never had been. So if he could get away with not saying something, he would take it.
[break][break]
A question that needed a verbal response. Or should he say a pair of questions.
[break][break]
"Yes, I came down here to help map out Area Zero, so I've been down here before," he told the older ranger.[break]
[break][break]
GySCVy6W

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 3:15:18 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Then you know what's at the bottom," Shalin continued as Midori carefully tread downward, her voice box mimicking a Virizion's cry. The Iron Leaves extended her Sacred Sword as a dense mist began to expand from the cave floor. Shalin tensed up.

"Dream mist... what's it doing here...?" the Captain mused aloud, Lathiel ready to fight, as well. "No time for that, though. Get ready for a long and drawn out battle." A battle with those paradox Pokémon. They were powerful and unpredictable, often having completely different types from the Pokémon they mimicked. They would have a little time to prepare while the mist rose, but once it encompassed them, the onslaught of paradox Pokémon would not stop.

|BtSKa4S

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
248 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 17:21:02 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He was well aware that the further down one went in the place, the stronger the Pokémon got. Of course, there were other things that stood out the further down one went. Of course, his main focus had been on the stronger Pokémon, mainly because the other stuff couldn’t really fight back. Though he had to admit, he would much rather deal with some powerful Pokémon than whatever it was that had forced him to feel fear. He really hadn’t liked that.
[break][break]
Instead of saying anything, he simply nodded. There were a number of ways he could respond to her comment, and just wanting to get started, he didn’t bother. It wasn’t like they had all the time in the world anyway.
[break][break]
At the mention of dream mist, he stiffened, becoming even more alert. To be fair, he was a bit wary of this so-called dream mist. But as the older ranger had said, they didn’t have time to worry about it. Right now, they should focus on the battle ahead of them.
[break][break]
“Right, prepare yourself, Celestia,” he told the prideful horse Pokémon. Not that he needed to issue a warning, since she was already on guard, even if the prideful way she had her head raised didn’t say as much.[break]
[break][break]
wPOOoV32

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 3:33:33 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
As the mist rose, Midori would sound a robotic, chirp-like call, offering a HELPING HAND to Celestia before things got out of hand. They would very quickly, too; the moment the Dream Mist covered the colossal, topped stalagmite that Shalin and Ever stood on, an entire swarm of Iron Moth surrounded them, their thrusters whirring and keeping them aloft.

"Midori, QUICK ATTACK!" Shalin cried, letting loose a scream of genuine distress when the paradox Pokémon zipped toward one of the Iron Moth, disrupting their formation. This metallic Virizion's speed was incredible. Too much for her lithe body to handle. Was this the speed of a legendary Pokémon? If so, she realized it was far out of her league.

The Captain's efforts were not in vain: with one of the Iron Moth missing, there would be a small window for Celestia and Ever to dodge the worst of the sphere-like SLUDGE WAVE the fire-and-poison, insectile Pokémon had wrought. It would be difficult or impossible to avoid the attack completely, with it covering the entire platform they were on. Even if they could get past the coordinated attack, there were so many Iron Moth surrounding them. Taking them all down would be a challenge, even with Midori's PSYBLADE...

Vnuvar0D

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
248 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 14:27:36 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

As the battle started, he remained alert, his eyes darting over the opposing Pokémon as they advanced. With the Helping Hand courtesy of Midori, he barely looked away from the opposing Pokémon to give Iron Leaves a curt nod. As a rule, it wasn't good to take your eyes off your opponent, so he was sure Midori would understand.
[break][break]
He was about to issue his own order when the Iron Moths sent a sludge wave towards them. His eyes widened briefly, and he quickly tugged on Celestia's reins to cause her to dodge the worst of the sludge wave. Wincing slightly as Celestia used Agility to help with dodging the worst of it, while he barely reacted to any of the sludge hitting him, Celestia let out a pained cry.
[break][break]
"Are you okay, Celestia?" he asked, and after getting confirmation that she was okay, he was relieved.
[break][break]
Realizing he needed to give some serious orders, he resisted the urge to sigh. "Celestia, use Psycho Cut," he told the Galarian Rapidash.
[break][break]
Following her order, Celestia unleashed a Psycho Cut upon one of the Iron Moths, knocking it out in one hit.
[break][break]
"I don't suppose Midori knows any moves that can hit multiple opponents?" he inquired before continuing. "Celestia does know Dazzling Gleam..."
[break][break]
But for obvious reasons, that move wouldn't work too well. If only there was a Psychic-type move that could hit multiple opponents.[break]
[break][break]
eGDVyy27

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 22:24:51 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"She doesn't," Shalin replied. "She's a close-range fighter." Unusual for a psychic-type, but there were others like her, such as Gallade. "It's part of why her head's shaped like a sword hilt. She fights with the psychic sword that comes out of it," she elaborated, as was demonstrated by use of her unique skill.

Try as they might, neither Pokémon was able to fully avoid the SLUDGE WAVE. The grass-type sounded a distoried shriek, slowing to a speed Shalin could handle, but for all the wrong reasons. She cleaved through Iron Moth after Iron Moth with her PSYBLADE, but they seemed to just keep coming. Though not one was able to scratch the Iron Leaves, the venom coursing through her wore her down.

While the horde was thinning, there were still a lot of them out there. Sandy's Ground-type attacks would help tremendously... if they could reach the metallic bugs. "Ever, do you have a way to knock them all to the ground?" the Captain asked as she clicked the switch on her Flygon's Poké Ball, both Shalin and the dragon glowing a mild green from Infinity Energy flowing between them.

L0d7ET3Y

{PC: 5}

Midori        Iron Leaves    KO
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
248 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 18:17:49 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

That sounded like quite a problem. A psychic type getting so close to a person probably wasn't the best idea. Unless, of course, it was a type the Pokémon was weak against. And sure, poison type Pokémon were weak against psychic types, but they were easily able to poison their opponents.
[break][break]
"That's okay, I might have to switch out Celestia for a bit. It's a pity I don't have any water Pokémon that knows surf and could help us out," he said, a small sigh escaping him. While it was true that he had acquired some water types, they all only knew moves that could hit one opponent at a time.
[break][break]
In response to the question, he frowned. "Hmm, it's a bit unorthodox, but let's see if I can get it to work in our favor," he said as he returned Celestia to her Pokéball before letting Volt out of his Pokéball. "Do you think you could get in the midst of those Pokémon and discharge enough electricity to knock them to the ground?"
[break][break]
As an answer, Volt simply charged forward before discharging electricity all around him in order to bring the Iron Moths to the ground.
[break][break]
Seeing that it had knocked multiple Pokémon to the ground, he returned Volt to his Pokéball to get him out of the way for Shalin to make her move.[break]
[break][break]
RDWLYJuX

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 1:20:17 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
With the horde of Iron Moth grounded, Shalin knew she only had one chance to dispatch them all. She popped open Sandy's Poké Ball, her Sygna Suit shifting to match her Flygon instead of her Venusaur. "Good work! Now, withdraw your Zebstrika!" she ordered as she sat on one of the dragon's wings. "And cover your ears! Sandy, EARTH POWER!"

Shalin and her dragon both glowed green with Infinity Energy as Sandy began to vibrate her wings harshly. Rather than taking off, she planted her feet in the ground, the pitch and volume growing to a deafening whine. The shockwave of an earthen explosion rippled out from the synced duo, a blinding flash of green light appearing when the wings reached peak frequency. The Iron Moth were no longer a problem; only the rain of sludge pouring down around them from the remnants of their attacks. When the wings had at last calmed down, Shalin looked spent.

Phew, that was fast!

pnVch4BG+549

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
248 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 20:11:36 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He didn't have to be told twice since he didn't want to risk Volt fainting. Electric-type Pokémon were weak to ground-type moves, so Volt was quickly returned to his Pokéball rather than being tucked safely away.
[break][break]
Covering his ears, he watched Shalin use Earth Power on the grounded Iron Moths, effectively knocking them all out of commission. Even with his ears covered, it was still a bit loud and he had to resist the urge to wince. If it had been loud even with his ears covered, he could imagine that it had been unbearable for Shalin.
[break][break]
"I'm surprised you're not deaf," he told the green-haired woman before continuing. "Anyway, I would say we succeeded in protecting Hoenn, so we should probably head back now," he pointed out as he turned to go back the way they had come from.[break]

[break][break]
aMPInHM2

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2024 21:28:25 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It wasn't just how loud the wings were that powered the violent attack. The shockwaves from the disturbed air itself rippled throughout, making it more difficult for bystanders to keep their ears covered during the Flygon's destructive ground-type technique.

"I wouldn't even think about it without my Sygna Suit protecting me," Shalin answered, her perfected bond with her Flygon giving her all the protection she needed to slice through the air too fast to see, making it shudder around her. The ring of downed Iron Moth was a testament to that power. "Without it, the volume would be the least of my problems. Without it, I'd look like I was in a blender!" She wasn't wrong, either; Flygon vibration was so fast and so powerful that it could even grind gemstone to dust. Without her suit, she would be reduced to paste!

Even so, she was showing signs of exhaustion from the expulsion of Infinity Energy needed for the highly coordinated attack. "Let's get back to Oldale."

wr_DfWrC+602

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 5:48:27 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: