he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
248 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Behind Enemy Lines [Excursion/Elinor]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 18:12:51 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg7"]

[attr="class","header"]EVERYDAY BY MYSELF I’M BREAKING DOWN

[attr="class","setting"]

When it came to doing good or bad, he always wondered how someone could choose to do the latter. One bad thing always led to another. Which is what he figured led to his current predicament.
[break][break]
Having to go rescue someone from Rocket's clutches. Someone who had been taken prisoner by the group.
[break][break]
The pink-haired man finished the remainder of the coffee he had brought with him before turning his attention to his partner for the prisoner, a woman named Elinor. A fellow ranger he hadn't had the chance to work with, at least until now.
[break][break]
"Who exactly was taken? Do you know anything about the person that was taken?" he asked her, wondering if she had gotten any more details on the mission that he hadn't.
[break][break]
Well, aside from the obvious anyway, that Team Rocket and their captive were somewhere in the Giant Chasm.
[break][break]
Which was just great. Because searching the Giant Chasm for Team Rocket and their captive would just be so easy.[break]
[break][break]
D0ubBJWZ

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/Px9QpS0r/IMG-2288.webp);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg7 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 9:44:48 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
The name Ever sounded familiar. Though hadn’t yet been able to pinpoint where she had seen or heard of him before. All she knew was that he was a Ranger like her, though unlike her he was not stationed at Verdanturf.

Either way, prior knowledge or not. They had a job to do. Someone had been taken captive. “I do not know who it was. What I do know is that it was a fellow League operative.” Elinor began. A bit of a cocky smile forming on her lips as. “But whoever they are, we will save them.” She spoke with a certainty fueled by unpleasant memories she did not want anyone else to experience.

“Buuut, we do have find them first.” She admitted with a sigh. Her bravado meant nothing in the face of this first obstacle. “Do you have any pokemon particularly adept at searching through large areas quickly?” She asked her gaze looking out over the aptly named Giant Chasm.

She had a few options, but the more they had the better.

OOC: GC EXCURSION E: RESCUE

gx0z9ue4

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
248 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 14:16:35 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

So someone important, then, not just some civilian. Not that civilians weren't important. They just weren't working to make Hoenn a better place. They weren't working against Team Rocket to accomplish that. He supposed working against them came with the risk of being taken prisoner by them.
[break][break]
He could imagine lots of terrible things that could be done to him. Just the thought of what could be done to them made him want to immediately rush to their aid. Not that they showed it. Their expression remained completely neutral.
[break][break]
"Of course we will," he said, his own voice filled with certainty, like it had already been decided that they would pull this off. They couldn't fail. He refused to let Team Rocket win in all this.
[break][break]
True, finding them was the issue. It was a shame he didn't have a tracker on his team. Of course, that would require them having something with the person's scent. Something else they didn't have.
[break][break]
At the question, he nodded. "I have a Corviknight and a Gliscor, though for obvious reasons I would rather not use my Gliscor."
[break][break]
Being a dual ground/flying type meant Gliscor really didn't do well in the cold. Then again, he had acquired Nyx in Shoal Cave.[break]
[break][break]
lcZXwFt_

[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/Px9QpS0r/IMG-2288.webp);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 12:01:34 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
Elinor listened to the options Ever had, Some fairly good options they were, but she agreed it might be better to keep them in reserve. Corviknight’s were easy to spot, and Gliscor well, she didn’t have a whole lot of experience with at.

Elinor closed her eyes in thought for a moment. “Of course, let’s keep your Gliscor in reserve.” She spoke. She retrieved three Pokéballs from her belt, out of them came a Talonflame, Dragapult, and Hisuian Braviary. She quickly explained to them what they were looking for, and with that done each flying pokemon set out to look.

With that done she returned her attention to Ever.

“While they are looking we should probably consider a plan of attack. So, what other Pokemon do you have, and what is your strengths and weaknesses in combat.” This was all important information that ought to be shared while they waited for their scouts to return.

br_gA1xG

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
248 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 21:56:41 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He was well aware that Corviknight were easy to spot, but if he took off the saddle, then it could pass as a wild Corviknight. Then again, that begged the question of where they would store it. Abandoning it was out of the question; it cost way too much money to even consider. Carrying it was also out of the question since it would slow them down and make them targets to any Pokémon, as well as make them more noticeable, not that his hair didn't already do that.
[break][break]
"Sorry, guess we'll have to count on you to scout ahead after all. Most of my Pokémon are used as mounts, so most have a saddle on them," he explained, his tone slightly apologetic.
[break][break]
He wished he had Pokémon that were more capable of helping, but it was what it was.
[break][break]
The young man watched as she released three of her own Pokémon and watched as they went off before answering her question. "Let's see, I also have a Zebstrika, an Abomasnow, and a Galarian Rapidash. The Galarian Rapidash has Heal Pulse, so she can heal injuries if she needs to," he told her.
[break][break]
His mouth was opening as he prepared to answer her question when a sound caught his interest. "What was that?" he asked instead before looking around. In the poor lighting, he thought he could make out a shape, easily missed if you weren't trying to look for it.
[break][break]
Frowning, he slowly approached to see it was an injured Lycanroc, bigger than normal. At least big enough to ride.
[break][break]
Releasing Celestia from her Poké Ball, he directed her to use Heal Pulse on the injured canine Pokémon before turning his attention to Eleanor.
[break][break]
"Think she was injured by Team Rocket," he asked before remembering her other question.
[break][break]
"Anyway, to answer your question, I guess I would say I think better on my feet instead of thinking out a long strategy when it comes to battling."[break]
[break][break]
4H4Yl02J

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 9:03:44 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
Elinor simply gave a hand-wavey ‘don’t worry about it’ gesture when Ever began to sound apologetic. It wasn’t all that important in the grand scheme of their mission and the Pokemon he listed afterwards sounded like they would be plenty helpful.

But then something caught Ever’s attention. Poor lighting aside it seemed he found something that had both initially missed. And once Elinor got closer she even saw what it was. A Lycanroc that had been injured.

Ever seemed to have the situation under control, so she let him handle it. “There is a possibility that she was. Though it does seem odd for them to just let her escape, if that is the case.” She knew Rocket was many things, but wasteful when it came to opportunities to capture Pokemon weren’t one of them.

“It sounds like we are quite similar in that regard.” Much as Elinor didn’t like to admit it, planning had never been her strong suit. “Maybe we ought to just Blitz them. Hit them hard and fast, you know.” She suggested.

She allowed him all the time he required to consider it while healing the Lycanroc. Honestly she didn’t even keep track of how long that was, and it didn’t matter much either as within that time one of her Pokemon returned.

The Talonflame came bearing news. It had found what they were looking for.

JIIi02kN

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
248 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 20:05:15 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

She did have a point. Team Rocket wasn't exactly known for mercy. Chances were they would just kill a Pokémon before it could escape. Though there was a chance that the Lycanroc had given as good as she had got and had proven too much of a challenge for a Team Rocket grunt and had therefore been able to escape.
[break][break]
Once the Lycanroc was all healed up, he got up from his crouched position. "Hopefully whoever had their back to the wall when taking on the Lycanroc. I don't take kindly to anyone who thinks it's okay to hurt Pokémon. Pokémon do so much for us," he said, his expression darkening momentarily.
[break][break]
"Anyway, we should continue on," he said as he started walking. He had barely taken two steps when the Lycanroc moved to intercept. Gazing at the Lycanroc, he resisted the urge to sigh. While he had nothing against Lycanroc, he had never considered suddenly running into one and it wanting to join him.
[break][break]
"I suppose you want to join my team," he said, holding out an empty Pokéball to the canine Pokémon and touching the button against it, causing it to be sucked into the Pokéball.
[break][break]
Not bothering to wait for the light to turn green, he kept walking, Pokéball in hand. "Do you have any Pokémon that can help us sneak in? I'm not a bad battler, but I'd rather avoid it if I can."[break]
[break][break]
QgdqbI6o

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 11:07:49 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
Elinor knew how Ever Felt. She too could never wrap her head around how people saw Pokemon as tools rather than the living, feeling and thinking creatures they were. And so with this in mind she did not interject when the Lycanroc DECIDED it wanted to join Ever’s team. In fact, it was a welcome addition, even if it's combat abilities might not be quite reliable for this mission.

Anyway they continued onward and as they were nearing the location ever asked a rather good question.

“I have Pokemon that can create SMOG and MIST, but the sudden appearance of that might very well announce our coming just as much as simply sneaking in there would.” Elinor commented. “Hmmmm. I can create a distraction and then you can use that distraction to sneak in?” Elinor suggested.

XOnudnTf

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
248 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 13:34:00 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"My Abomasnow knows Mist, but you're right, using Mist or Smog would be a tell that something is off," he agreed quietly, his expression thoughtful. It was a shame neither of them had a Zorua or Zoroark; both would've come in handy for sneaking in and out without being seen. Oh well, he supposed they would have to make do with what they had.
[break][break]
At the suggestion of her acting as a distraction, he glanced at her. "That would be very dangerous. Rocket isn't someone to be trifled with. You would have to be very careful to not end up in the predicament of needing to be rescued yourself," he commented, hiding how ill at ease he was with the plan.
[break][break]
It was the best they had, however. However...
[break][break]
He was used to getting himself into tough situations. Could the same be said about Elinor?
[break][break]
"I'm holding you to not let yourself get captured," he said at last, finally coming to a decision.
[break][break]
With that said, silence lapsed between them once more until they reached the Rocket camp.[break]
[break][break]
8MTuwLvm

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 9:49:49 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
He was right. This would be dangerous. But it was their best course of action. And so with Ever’s warnings in mind she simply replied with a confident nod. But for the perceptive they might perceive a bit of seriousness to her smile. As if she had intimate knowledge on how it was to be a Rocket Prisoner.

And so they made their way to the Rocket camp in silence. Perhaps it was the seriousness of the situation that finally settled in on both of them. Elinor would leave Ever alone on one side of the camp as she snuck to an opposite side.

There she would summon two combatants. A Humongous steel serpent and a behemoth of iron much taller than her. “We are distracting them, so be as loud and as dangerous looking as you can.” She whispered to both pokemon.

And they did just that. Steelix summoned spikes of Stone in a rain of STONE EDGE that tore through the encampment's defenses, and the Aggron sent boulders sliding it a huge ROCK SLIDE alongside it.

They had Team Rocket’s attention now.

K1ja8w6v

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
248 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 14:15:15 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

While he had never been a prisoner of Rocket, that’s not to say he didn’t know what it was like. Metaphorically speaking, of course. The way he viewed it, he had been a prisoner of his father's anger. Though he supposed if there really had been a time he could've been considered a prisoner, it would've been when he was ten, right after his little runaway stunt. That had ended up getting him locked in the basement for a few weeks as punishment, along with a beating.
[break][break]
Something told him she knew what it was like to suffer at the hands of Team Rocket. Perhaps she had been a prisoner herself once. With that in mind, he simply let her go off and cause a distraction while he remained where he was.
[break][break]
From where he was, he could see Elinor's plan come to fruition. And once all the Rockets were focused on her, he would start on his part of the planning.
[break][break]
Sneaking to the place where prisoners were kept wasn't hard. The only current prisoner, the guy he had set out to rescue, opened his mouth as if to say something, but a raised hand from Ever forestalled him and he quickly closed his mouth.
[break][break]
After eyeing the bindings, he released Alpha, his newly acquired Lycanroc, from her Pokéball and motioned for her to chew through the bindings.
[break][break]
Once freed, he motioned for the guy to be quiet and slipped out of the tent the captive had been in. Waiting until Elinor noticed him, he signaled that he had freed the prisoner before continuing to the other side of the camp where he had been before releasing his Corviknight from his Pokéball to help the guy get on so they could escape back to the surface.[break]
[break][break]
x6z6m4Zn

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 15:36:51 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
Like Durants to the fire Team Rocket grunts poured out at her, throwing their Pokemon into an unknown fray without consideration for their well being. Unfortunately Elinor didn’t have the luxury of being able to hold back. The average grunt would stand no chance against her, but numbers were sure to make up for quality.

And so in a dance of rock, steel and water did the fight continue with no regard for its surroundings. Attacks flew wide and tore up a lot of the camp. People got hurt, an inevitability in combat, and Elinor was no exception as debris flew around and tore gashes in equipment and skin alike.

Elinor managed to keep herself safe, and when she saw Ever’s signal she knew that their job was done. A powerful explosion provided cover as Elinor summoned a Gardevoir to her side, with it she TELEPORT’ed back to their meeting place safe and sound.

1ReDAdN8

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 22:25:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: