Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,710 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 22:49:15 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I've got your supplies, doctor."

The admin gestures towards the large box in front of him, which he nudges with his boot. The room they're in is dark and foreign to Howard. It's either a lab or a medical room, from his best guess. He never dabbled into the medical field. He preferred his fields of study to be more dead than alive.

Fossils were far more interesting to him than bodies. History was more enjoyable when it was written in the ink of the dead rather than the blood of the living.

Maybe that was why he struggled to understand Marisol and what he strove to accomplish.

"I'll confess that they're not easy to find, though. It's difficult to get these sorts of chemicals nowadays, with the League tightening its grip. You could be arrested for even having these without a license."

As if that hadn't stopped people before. Whenever there was a rule drawn up, people felt bound to break it. Besides, Howard smuggled tons of supplies across the region, and Rocket had grown wealthy and fat from his tenure as an admin. Many things were getting hard to find in the region, and the League wasn't helping since everything was focused on the war with Rocket.

"Here." He jerks his head towards the box, unceremoniously stamped with the logo of a local cotton candy manufacturer to hide the true contents. "Mind if I ask what it's all for?"

If he knew, he'd be able to offer more goods to sell and peddle. As long as the price was right, he could supply anything a buyer desired.

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 23:50:17 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

graduating was more tiring. [break][break]

she thought that she'd have more time, now that she doesn't need to study. unfortunately, she was wrong, because now work can demand her work the nightshift or the graveyard hours. clearly, it's taken its toll - marisol thought that she would finally be free of the slight bags under her eyes. she wasn't. [break][break]

but research doesn't rest.[break][break]

when the delivery comes, she's glancing at the seemingly harmless cotton candy boxes. the substances were harmful in the right hands (as is anything, but mix these together and you can get interesting results asides from death). she thought that it would be business as usual; take the stuff, pay off the smuggler, and carry on into the night with her experiments. it was, until the smuggler got a bit curious and chirps a question. [break][break]

she's lucky she's practiced a smile for so long. she's lucky she's worked in hospitality for so long, otherwise she wouldn't be able to wear one. save for the tired air, she's trying to be pleasant, and it comes naturally. [break][break]

"medicine." she hums, pulling a scalpel from her pocket and removing the cap. while crouched, she begins to glide the blade across the tape. "or rather.. for treatments and medical service offered to the underground. for example, things you can't go to a regular doctor for." though most rockets would go to their medical ward, she doubted that many had surgical knowledge. [break][break]

when the box opens, she begins to properly count all within one of them. "why do you ask?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

your nurse is here

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]--accent:#a2add0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,710 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 1:23:19 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Medicine. Right. Who went to Rocket for something as simple as medicine? Working outside the law made things cost more. Bribing officials, blackmailing distributors... If the contents were just to be used for medicine, it would've been easier to just find them another way.

Paranoia. Delusion. Every once in a while, his mind gave him a twitch of fear that upset the waters of tranquility. Howard trusted his mind absolutely, but occasionally, his body failed. The battle with Palkia and Chi-Yu's Avatars had taught him that, after they had thoroughly thrashed him.

"Is that so? I was just curious. It's my job to ask questions. What does this mean? When will my goods arrive? How much will they cost? Don't take offense." He watched as Marisol cut the tape from the box. His eye bore into the scalpel as it danced in her fingers. It'd be very easy for Marisol to plunge the scalpel into his body, given his weakened form. The blade would never make it if she tried, but fear and paranoia blossomed where distrust festered.

He tamped those emotions down. He needed another doctor that he could trust. Trust between academics is what caused progress to bloom.

"I could be convinced to waive some of the price, doctor. You seem like a very inquisitive woman." He knew little of Marisol's past. He was a newer recruit, even if he was an admin. Whatever secrets she had long since buried were unknown to him, and would stay that way.

"How good are you at treating frostbites, and..." For a moment, it seemed as if his eye had changed from a cool, icy blue to a purplish red. He would not mention Regice here."...other things? I'm getting sick of vomiting into my toilet every few nights."

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 8:05:45 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

you should get a different job. [break][break]

cold words are bitten back. at least, marisol has enough restraint to keep herself from quipping at someone who's just trying to do their job. still, someone asking too many questions isn't favourable; who knows what kind of information they're trying to pry for? those who ask so many questions are safer with their mouths shut. they'll get tipped more that way. [break][break]

"no offense taken." she speaks with the tiniest pang of distain, though the smile and soft grunt that follows as she gently lifts the cover of another box up work to mask it. the contents are properly packed and padded. everything is neatly organized, beakers and vials and the like showing no signs of damage in their transport. good. [break][break]

there's initially no interest when she moves to her pocket, only pausing at the opportunity to lessen her losses. "oh?" a brow quirks. a frostbite, of all things? but when she looks at him, he appears to be perfectly fine. if it were frostbite, she'd expect to see the blue. if it were frostbite, she'd see blistering. if it were frostbite, he wouldn't be working. [break][break]

the cover on the box closes, and she sends out a DUSKNOIR to grab the heavier materials for her. "quite adept," she hums, dual-colored eyes squinting in skepticism. "but i must ask, what kind of frostbite? you look fine."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

notes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,710 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 7:59:17 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
He looked at her quizzically.

"How many people broadcast their flaws for the world to see? Their sickness? Their allegiance? Their fears? I don't wear my wounds for all to see." The admin huffed for a moment, before chuckling and tapping his missing eye. An eyepatch gleamed in its place, while underneath a Key Stone flickered in the socket. "Besides this. Eyepatches are just cool."

It was easy to act lighthearted. Doing so made it remarkably easy to appear shallow and vainglorious. It was the best armor he had when not in Sootopolis. Other Rockets were strong fighters, Howard was not. His only defense was that of his rank; something that was best sweetened by courtesy and hidden under an innocent guise.

Doctors were the same. You didn't hurt a doctor. Howard's eye flicked to the Dusknoir as it dealt with the goods.

Pretending to be someone he wasn't was something Howard did very well. He suspected that the doctor across from him was the same. Otherwise, she wouldn't be running a black market clinic in the first place.

"Kyurem attacked near Oldale recently. It got me good." The admin lied through his teeth as he slipped his arm out from his sleeve. His arm was layered in blues, blacks, and even frozen bits of ice that had yet to melt. Most of it came from exposure to Regice. The Pokémon was far too cold to be around constantly.

For a moment, it looked like a faint flicker of reddish-violet energy sparked near his arm, and from a Pokeball at his hip.

Dynergy.

"I'd rather not cause a fuss about it. You have a solution for this?" Howard gestured at the arm sheepishly. All of Rocket's doctors were either focused on treating grunts or other higher ups. They were overworked, and he didn't want to contribute to that load. "If not, I was going to just sit in a hot bath for several hours."

Grunts were more important. Rocket considered them expendable, but Howard did not.

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 1:23:33 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

she'd say something, but if it were a frostbite caused by something supernatural, there's not much she can do about it. [break][break]

he's light-hearted about the injury, something she's familiar with seeing as a patient. patients tended to do this; they put on a front and they don't elaborate, trying to look like an unfaltering wall when they should be at their most vulnerable. marisol has seen enough of these people in the hospital rooms, on the operating beds, at the end of their lives--[break][break]

an icy gaze doesn't falter, but there's the hint of warmth and concern at the tug of a frown when she can properly see the injury. it's odd, though, when she looks at it; there's the concern, yes. there's the worry, and the confusion, but there's another feeling mixed in with everything else. the gleam of purple and red is unnatural, and yet so.. eerily familiar all the same. [break][break]

the doctor squints, staring at the ice that, otherwise, looked perfectly normal. or.. as normal as a kyurem's never melt ice may have been. "this was caused by kyurem?" she doesn't try to hide the skepticism in her voice, nor does she suppress the quirk in her brow. [break][break]

her head, on the other hand, races as she idly dances her fingers along the belt of pokeballs, eventually pulling out the one housing a musharna. "i don't think i could melt the ice from the dragon, but i can likely remove it."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

notes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,710 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 2:33:07 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Yes." The lie flies from his lips with minimal resistance. Ice from Kyurem is likely vastly different from Regice, but who could tell? was far away, and he was intimately familiar with the dragon. "It's from Kyurem."

A historian shouldn't be so willing to tell a lie. That realization alarmed him, though there was nothing to be done. The lie was a shield, and he would hide behind it.

According to Mint, there was a difference between Regice and Kyurem's ice. Kyurem's was otherworldly, but Regice's was eternally cold glacial ice. It was of this world. It could be studied. It could be understood. It could not lie.

Marisol could suspect that he was lying, but she could not prove it, unless she could find a way into whatever hellhole Palkia had sent Kyurem's massive form and came out with a sample.

Thus, he met her gaze. The warmth in her gaze did not mix with freezing chill he felt.

"If you can remove it, I have no objections. Is it painful?" He loathed pain, craven as he was. If he ended up unconscious, he'd likely wake up in an ice bath with his kidneys stolen. "What's the Musharna for?"

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 3:15:51 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

marisol is familiar.[break][break]

back when kyurem first descended how ever long back, there were patients who came to her, weeping, about their loved ones lost to the ice. she'll never forget the mortified faces of family, never forget the tears of friends, and will never forget the reflection in the ice she saw with cold, dying eyes. [break][break]

what was on his arm was not kyurem's ice. but if not that, then what was it?[break][break]

still skeptical, but never voicing it, she wears a small smile. it's practiced, crafted by habit. hospitality and what felt like decades to hone and master make it unreadable - eerie for the keen eye. she has no line of questioning, and he doesn't look like he'll spill the beans. there's no use asking when this line of work is no questions asked, no strings attached. [break][break]

she turns her attention back to the musharna, who floats in the air with her same, drowsy cry. "i have no anesthetics on hand." she admits, waving her hand to waft some of the dream mist towards the frostbitten trainer "so i need to put you to sleep for a little while." [break][break]

she could knock him out, right here and right now, but that would be immoral - never minding that the work they were doing now was anything but. the doctor in her liked to ask for consent. [break][break]

"if it makes you feel safer, you can have some pokemon out to monitor me."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

notes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,710 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 9:17:53 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Of course it came down to anesthetics. He figured it would, but safety was a dangerous thing to reach for.

Howard lacked a barrier, compared to his divinely-fueled colleagues. Jayden could freeze someone with his mind, Fern could turn into lightning, Cillian's miasma kept him safe, and so on. Howard was not divinely chose. He had Regice, but it was not a god. It was a manmade construct. If he went under, the only barrier he had was courtesy.

Weak. Fragile.

Someone braver would stay awake through the process. Underbosses Quinn and Beckett would've insisted on watching. They trusted nobody, and they were used to pain. The admins and beasts were the same. Howard loathed pain. He loathed trusting people that he did not know.

"That's necessary?" Howard frowned, uneasy.

After a long battle, cowardice and aversion to pain won over rationality. The admin relented, though begrudgingly. His eye flicked to the Musharna.

"Very well." His Claydol appeared in a flash, its several eyes making it the perfect sentry as it held Howard's Pokeballs with a firm psychic power. It had no face to display emotions, and therefore the doll betrayed little. It simply floated there, watching.

If anything, it could always open more of his Pokeballs. Regice's was a contingency that would not be relied on. If it opened, everyone in the building would freeze.

"Let's begin."

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 17:59:38 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

go to sleep.[break][break]

... is what she said, but if she's going to be completely honest, she's only ever known how to put someone to sleep and keep them asleep through the use of anesthetics. even though she could put him to sleep, there was no guarantee that he wouldn't jolt awake at the pain that came with removing ice from his arm. she's banking on the fact that the frostbite has numbed what pain he'll feel, but if that were the case, she'll assume he's already a lost cause. [break][break]

and she can't exactly come in and whack the back side of his head with a steel chair. [break][break]

the thought passes by just as quickly as her glance to the office chair. the doctor tucks the intrusive thought back into the depths of her mind. "this will only take a moment, then. my musharna will help keep you asleep during the process." she ushers him, quickly, into one of the operating tables within the room - he doesn't have to worry about why it's there. [break][break]

"lay down here, and just relax." she grabs a pair of gloves whilst waiting, adjusting the light above the operating table. maybe it'll feel like a visit to the dentist. a very dark, suspicious looking dentist. [break][break]

marisol wears a surgical mask over her nose and mouth, then holding a cloth laced in chloroform. "relax."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

notes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,710 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 21:04:59 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Relaxation was impossible.

Even ignoring the circumstances, Howard loathed the deprivation of senses. Losing an eye had left half of his vision cloaked in darkness, and the fear of what lurked in that unseen part of his vision often kept him awake. It made sleeping obnoxious, though he tried to crash whenever he got the chance.

Rocket's eggheads often shrugged off sleep in favor of work. It was something he shared with .

He did not trust Marisol. An underworld doctor did not need to hold themselves responsible for errors. They worked outside the law for the reason. All Howard could hope was that him being Rocket would be a sturdy shield for her to keep her hand steady.

He supposed Marisol wouldn't be in business if she screwed up.

"Mmmph!" Consciousness left him, but begrudgingly. He stared at the doctor for an unnerving amount of time before finally collapsing on the table.

In the corner, a Pokeball twitched as the Claydol stared intently. Sheets of ice gleamed on the admin's skin, reflecting distorted images of Marisol back at the doctor. A mocking mask of the genuine article.

Ironic.

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 1:53:21 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

it wasn't conventional, but it wasn't messy. [break][break]

she uses this time of him being knocked out to properly prepare her patient for a surgery. she pays little mind to the claydol who stares when she grabs an IV bag and tube. she pays little attention when she finds the vein and pricks his hand quickly to have the fluids pump throughout the procedure. now, it should be okay. [break][break]

gloves in hand and small mallet to boot, she disposes of the laced piece of cloth before sitting herself down by the trainer. though she feels the judgmental gaze of the doll, she says little while she begins to gently chip the larger chunks of ice from the skin. the room is befallen with silence as the musharna continues to feed the unfortunate trainer with her dream mist, hoping to keep him in his deep slumber. [break][break]

tink. tink. tink. [break][break]

time passes, likely a bit longer than she thought, when she can finally say that all the ice chunks have been removed from his flesh. there were some bits where the ice had practically bonded to his skin, and sadly she had to pick up the scalpel for that. debridement was her last resort for it, but thankfully she was able to stitch it back up without any excess blood being lost. for the most part, the frostbitten bits should have been removed, and the arm should begin healing normally. [break][break]

a quick wrap around, sterilization, and he was good to go.[break][break]

when she finishes, she lets out a soft sigh of relief. "that's enough." her hand raises to the musharna, signaling to her. the dream mist slowly dissipates, and the trainer should be waking up soon. he'll also likely be dizzy and slightly disorientated when he awakens. her dusknoir floats towards the two, of which marisol commands "help him when he gets up." [break][break]

she'll give him time to wake up while walking towards some medical cabinets, flipping through shelves and cubbies for the appropriate pain killers. he was going to be excruciatingly sore once he awoken, after all./

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

notes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,710 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 9:48:59 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
He dreamed of a brighter yesterday.

There had been a time, long ago, where he had not been a member of Rocket. Instead, he had spent his youth traveling the many regions of the world in search of old discoveries lost to the sands of time. It had been a free life, and a liberating one. Yet it had not been fulfilling. It had not been a life of wealth.

As Marisol chipped away at primordial ice, it fell to the ground with small clatters, ripe for the taking. Studying them would unveil little, but the ice was ancient and primordial. There was one thing that Marisol would be able to say with absolute certainty:

It was ice that belonged to this world.

As the dream mist dissipated, the admin stirred slightly. He slept deeply, which was a rare enough thing. The dream he experienced was of a ruin and an Aerodactyl. Suddenly, he felt the pain of a knife cleaving into an eye.

"NO!" Howard leaned up on the table and immediately hissed in pain. Soreness was an understatement. Marisol had deftly cleaved at flesh to minimize scarring; a testament to her skill with the scalpel. No blade was so sharp that it could cut away pain.

On the counter, a Pokeball rattled violently, in sync with the admin's throbbing headache and dizzy spell.

"Thanks." The Dusknoir helped Howard to his feet. His mind was dulled, otherwise he would've had his Claydol help him up. As it was, he felt disapproval emanating from the stone doll. Howard watched Marisol dabble at her shelves and cubbies. "How did it go?"

He looked down at his arm.

"Hm."

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 22:33:24 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

he jolts awake. [break][break]

the man is panicked, disorientated. his sense of time and reality are gradually returning, but the sudden jolt will leave him with a slight headache. it doesn't surprise her - he really took a deep, long nap. "good morning." she speaks dryly, eyes darting back towards the shelves of medication. her fingers continue to flip through the small cubbies, while her eyes scan the labels pasted above the knobs. [break][break]

though when she realizes just how much pain he is in, she unbuckles a pokeball on her belt to throw out. in a flash of blue, a blissey appears with a cheery chime. "heal pulse on him." she whistles, and the jolly ball of happiness waddles over to begin emanating a pinkish, healing aura. it should alleviate most of the pain - at least until she can find proper pain killers to prescribe. [break][break]

"it went fine." her eyes continue to scan the labels "try and stay seated. you lost some blood, so the iv is trying to replace those fluids. your stitches are also freshly done so don't strain yourself." stitches that should, for all intents and purposes, heal up quickly considering the continuous heal pulse being done. unfortunately, humans were not like pokemon, so some longer term care will be necessary. [break][break]

when she finds the medication, she pulls it out the cubby and quickly turns back to the rocket. the doctor holds a pill out, along with a bottle of water. "take it, and drink. i need a little bit of time to properly give you your prescription." dual-coloured eyes gaze back down to his arm, squinting slightly - though only of concern. [break][break]

".. how are you feeling?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

notes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,710 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 20:04:32 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Is it morning?" For a moment, the smuggler's façade dropped away. Instead of the man who smuggled dubious chemicals for money, someone who obsessed over questions and easily trusted emerged. The mask was quickly put back on as Howard realized it was a quip. "Ha-ha."

The laugh lacked humor. Instead, it was overly weary.

Rather than dwell on those thoughts, Howard elected to focus on the doctor's question. This one was far less gruff than one he had recently inducted into Rocket. Instead, it almost seemed like she actually cared.

A lie, likely, but an appreciated one. Trusting did not come cheap, these days.

"Shitty. It's not the worst procedure I've had." He tapped his covered eye. "Name someone who actually feels good after surgery, and I'd likely call you a liar."

His eye narrowed at the pill and water, as if expecting poison. Still, he could not deny it, and the Heal Pulse made him not want to. He popped the medication and took it with water. If she wanted him dead, it would've been easier to do so when he was under. Crumble was a good guard, but not an infallible one.

He reached down and plucked a shard of ice off the ground. It was one that would likely never melt.

"Did you find anything of note?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights