october 1st
olivine
bisexual
breeder
civilian
single
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @graciemae
GRACIE MAE BEE
a bad egg! [m]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 20:03:51 GMT
GRACIE MAE BEE Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","lostinparadise"]

Gracie Mae couldn't believe it herself. A cursed egg? It sounded outrageous! And yet...[break][break]

Strange things had started happening ever since she picked up this black egg. It was peculiar to her, the first she had ever seen solid black, and not just any kind of black. It was pitch black with specks of shine, like space itself dotted with stars. Someone had left it at the doorstep of her ranch without a note. Naturally, Gracie Mae didn't have a second thought about taking it in and caring for it. But with the weird occurances happening at the Jolly Ranch, after speaking with her brother, she simply could not overlook this anymore.[break][break]

She contacted and enlisted the help of one . Supposedly, she was a psychic? An occultist? Whatever she was, Gracie Mae hoped she could help with this egg.[break][break]

She waited outside the house of her ranch for the woman to arrive. At her shoulder sat the tiny Winnie, and all around the house and ranch, her other pokemon either worked or played.[break][break]

When she saw a figure approaching, Gracie Mae raised her hand high in the air and called out to her. "Um, over here! I'm Gracie Mae! The one with the... the egg!" At first glance, she looked the part.

[break][break]

notes | mission | 1/5

[break][break]

[attr="class","lostinparadisetag"]

[attr="class","meulkcodes"]MEULK CODES

[newclass=.lostinparadise]background-color:#2b2b2b;font-family:open sans;font-size:9pt;text-align:justify;color:#aaa;padding:50px;border-bottom:#ddae79 solid 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lostinparadise b]color:#ddae79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lostinparadise a]font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=.lostinparadiseimg]background: url(https://file.garden/ZYUVUMFgsgr29a5S/morrigan%20aensland/morrigan10.png);width:250px;height:100px;opacity:.6;transition-duration:2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lostinparadiseimg:hover]opacity:1;transition-duration:1s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.lostinparadisetag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.meulkcodes]font-family:courier new;font-size:7.5pt;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Tsuru
She/Her
April 8
Ecruteak City
Straight(?)
"Occultist"
Civillian
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tsuru
Mitsuru Kagami
a bad egg! [m]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 4:28:48 GMT
Mitsuru Kagami Avatar
Mitsuru had dealt with a lot of "hauntings" in her short time as an "exorcist". In only the past month, she'd already dealt with a family home tormented by a ghost whose body was buried in the floorboards, a cursed music box that played a creepy and distorted song, and even an unfortunate teenager who was being stalked by a relentless poltergeist. Each of them had driven their victims to the brink, and yet, each of them were powerless before her cleansing techniques.

They were also all not actually haunted. The first was just a stray Zigzagoon that was causing a ruckus in the basement, the second was caused by dirt build-up gunking up the inner mechanism, and the third? That was a just a normal teenager with normal anxiety. Fixing the problem wasn't hard, and once she was done, all she had to do was chant some Johtonian, sprinkle some purifying salt, and declare the exorcism complete.

That is to say, hauntings were much like Sharpedo attacks - Highly exaggerated in both frequency and danger. From her experience, most ghost-type Pokemon preferred to keep to themselves, staying in dense forests or deep caves. They scarcely interacted with humans, and rarely bothered to "haunt" specific places, objects, or people.

So, when she received a request to help deal with a haunted egg, she... Well, she wasn't sceptical, per say. It was certainly a possibility! But her expectations were low.

Still, real or not, she'd get paid either way. So, there was no reason not for her to do her best!

"Nice to meet you, Miss Mae." Mitsuru smiled her most mysterious smile, offering a bow of greeting towards the breeder before she continued on. "My name is Lady Crane, of Lady Crane's Mystic Services. My pleasure to make your acquaintance."

close tab

played by

meulk

gracie
she/her
october 1st
olivine
bisexual
breeder
civilian
single
0 height
0 height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @graciemae
GRACIE MAE BEE
a bad egg! [m]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 23:40:24 GMT
GRACIE MAE BEE Avatar
[nospaces]

The redheaded breeder was ecstatic to see the works of an acclaimed occultist firsthand. Though she hoped that the mysterious egg wasn't actually cursed, Gracie Mae was wholeheartedly interested in the paranormal and unexplained.[break][break]

"Right this way, Lady Crane!" Gracie Mae exclaimed, showing her into the ranch-style home. Her brother was off elsewhere, caring for the pokemon in their steed. She suspected he was purposefully keeping himself away from anything to do with this egg.[break][break]

"As I mentioned before on the phone, lots of strange things have been happening since we got this egg," she explained as they walked towards the back of the house. "I've kept it in this room and do the necessary checks. See?" Gracie Mae opened a door to reveal a small bedroom where the black egg currently sat in a small, round bed atop the guest bed. She gestured for Mitsuru to feel free to inspect the egg.[break][break]

"Sometimes, I do feel it move inside, and I keep it warm, but at certain times, it can feel real cold, even when I snuggle it up in blankets..."

[break][break]

notes | mission | 2/5

[break][break]

[newclass=.lostinparadise]background-color:#2b2b2b;font-family:open sans;font-size:9pt;text-align:justify;color:#aaa;padding:50px;border-bottom:#ddae79 solid 30px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.lostinparadiseimg]background: url(https://file.garden/ZYUVUMFgsgr29a5S/morrigan%20aensland/morrigan10.png);width:250px;height:100px;opacity:.6;transition-duration:2s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.lostinparadisetag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Tsuru
She/Her
April 8
Ecruteak City
Straight(?)
"Occultist"
Civillian
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tsuru
Mitsuru Kagami
a bad egg! [m]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 20:11:59 GMT
Mitsuru Kagami Avatar
"Mhm... Uh-huh... I see, I see..."

As Gracie Mae explained the intricacies of the situation, Lady Crane nodded along. Strange chills and unexplained movements? Yep, that sounded like textbook poltergeist activity, alright. Then again, it could just as easily be strong breeze and faulty insulation, couldn't it? There was no point speculating. At least, not until she could properly examine this supposedly cursed object.

So, she followed along behind the breeder, putting on her most enigmatic expression, making her wisest noises of thought, and trying her very best to conceal how very jealous she was of this very nice house.

And before long? She found herself face-to-face(?) with the sinister egg in question. Slowly, Lady Crane approached the egg, before gently placing her hands upon it and putting her ear up to the shell, as though listening to what was inside.

"Tell me, Miss Mae: Where did you happen to come across this particular egg?"

close tab

played by

meulk

gracie
she/her
october 1st
olivine
bisexual
breeder
civilian
single
0 height
0 height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @graciemae
GRACIE MAE BEE
a bad egg! [m]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 18:22:05 GMT
GRACIE MAE BEE Avatar
[nospaces]

Gracie Mae hovered close as Lady Crane examined the egg. Cursed or not, her motherly instincts were active, and she wanted to ensure the egg would be cared for.[break][break]

"Well you see, it was just left on the porch of the ranch," the breeder explained. "I don't know who left it. There was no note."[break][break]

It wouldn't have been the first time she had stumbled upon a lonely egg, though uncommon. In her experience, she learned that sometimes, there were people that felt unequipped to raise a baby pokemon. And it had to have been a person that entrusted the egg to her. How else would it arrive on her doorstep? A pokemon certainly wouldn't have done that...[break][break]

"What do you think..." she spoke, keeping her voice calm and quiet, as if speaking loudly would upset the being inside the egg and cause it to "act out."

[break][break]

notes | mission | 3/5

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Tsuru
She/Her
April 8
Ecruteak City
Straight(?)
"Occultist"
Civillian
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tsuru
Mitsuru Kagami
a bad egg! [m]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 5:42:34 GMT
Mitsuru Kagami Avatar
Hm... It was definitely cold, like she said. But that didn't necessarily mean anything paranormal was afoot, did it? After all, she once watched this documentary about Snorunt in Sinnoh, and their eggs could remain icy cold even in warms environments! It was really good, too. Snorunt were so cute! And they seemed so low-maintenance, too! She'd love to have one...

...Ahem! Now, Lady Crane was no expert in Pokemon breeding and eggs and the like, but as far as she was concerned? This was just a quirky little egg. Not normal? Sure. Strange? Maybe! But, haunted? Nope, not at all.

"Well, Miss Mae, I'm glad to tell you that--"

As Lady Crane went to stand up, she suddenly found her feet weren't on the floor anymore. Instead, she was floating in the air, as though in zero gravity, the only thing binding her to the ground being the very egg she was clinging to.

"--EEEEEEEEEEEEEP!"

close tab

played by

meulk

gracie
she/her
october 1st
olivine
bisexual
breeder
civilian
single
0 height
0 height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @graciemae
GRACIE MAE BEE
a bad egg! [m]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 23:58:20 GMT
GRACIE MAE BEE Avatar
[nospaces]

a shriek of equal intensity rang from gracie mae's throat when she saw her guest's body rise from the ground. there were no strings, hiding or in plain sight. this could only be the work of one thing...[break][break]

"omg! it's a ghost!" the breeder cried, but not out of fear. her face shined in glee thinking about all the spooky possibilities that could ensue. "right, lady crane, right?" she asked, looking for affirmation.[break][break]

the odd egg held in her hands made a low, rumbling noise. it was deep, much like a moan, and echoed off the walls. chills crawled up gracie mae's spine.[break][break]

"what's next?" she inquired her occultist with starry eyes, completely expecting her to have all the answers.

[break][break]

notes | mission | 4/5

[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights