thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Duty-Bound [S]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 7:53:53 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Having assembled the pieces by hand, he was not ignorant to their flaws. So, when expresses her disdain, he does not immediately assume himself to be the cause. Instead, he merely asks, "Oh?"[break][break]

She confirms his suspicions, not without some self-directed frustrations.[break][break]

"I was a scientist once, you know." A strange thing to bring up suddenly, it might seem, until he elaborates, "You rarely get things right the first time. No shame in learning from mistakes and trying again."[break][break]

It was a pep talk, as much as someone as severe as Cillian Quinn could give. She might not need it, but he offers it all the same.[break][break]

And when she apologizes, he offers a dismissive flick of his wrist.[break][break]

"No harm done. My schedule's clear for the afternoon; it's why I felt comfortable stopping by." He'd originally cleared it with the intention of spending the afternoon with , but his husband had been called out on Beast duties. "I'm happy to lend my continued assistance."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,014 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Duty-Bound [S]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 1:29:58 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]The strongest steel is forged in the hottest fire.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie could have gritted her teeth in petty-minded frustration and grudging appreciation when Cillian responded to her explanation of the current saddle's faults graciously and patiently, even encouragingly. It made it so hard to fear and dislike him when he was being nice. Weren't underbosses supposed to spit fire and slit your throat if you so much as breathed wrong in their vicinity?

She managed to say none of this aloud and even smiled appreciatively when he said he could continue to help. "That's very kind of you, sir. Thank you for staying around...and for being so understanding about my errors."

Sucking in a long breath between her teeth, the red-haired smith thought deeply about how best to utilize the unexpected help. "Let me see... Here, let me give you instructions on how to reload the furnace with fresh aluminum and heat it to the right temperature."

Speaking rapidly but as clearly as she could manage, Aurelie began rattling off the series of steps for operating the foundry furnace to melt the aluminum. She guided Cillian through each dial to turn, each button to push, and each screen to monitor, cautioning him repeatedly to keep his distance once the metal started to heat up.

"There," she concluded, slightly out of breath after speaking so much in one go. "That way, you can help with setting up, while I work on improving the sand-casting mold."

With that, the red-haired smith promptly stepped back toward the sand-casting molds, the inverses of the pieces that Cillian had so painstakingly puzzled together. Only when she knelt beside them, taking them apart and bonding them together with resin fixative, did Aurelie wonder if she should've assigned the underboss this task. He was the expert with saddles, after all, not her.

Yet, she was the expert with metal-casting and using sand molds, so perhaps this was still the best way. Stealing glances at Cillian's completed saddle, Aurelie began rearranging and reshaping the mold to make a thinner, lighter, more supple saddle that would be cast all in one piece.

She gasped and then rolled her eye when, at the corner of her vision, she caught sight of the luminous white form of Calyrex hovering precisely between her and Cillian. The King Pokemon looked back and forth between them, before nodding its head deeply. Aurelie let out an exasperated sigh.

"Please tell me that means you approve of this," she grumbled at Calyrex, her voice rising just enough to be audible above the drone of the furnace and the clatter of the molds.

As before, as she expected now, it gave no answer.

"I wish I understood you," she declared with only mild rancor. Glancing up at Cillian, she asked curiously, "Do you know if there was anyone who did know a lot about Calyrex? In Galar, the real Galar, I mean? Anyone who did understand it?"

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Duty-Bound [S]
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 9:51:25 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Lucky for Aurelie, she has not yet breathed wrong.[break][break]

He chuckles at her repeated cautions against standing too close to the forge. He's all too conscious of the heat. He was born in the cold mountains of Galar, not meant for this sort of sweltering environment. Yet he doesn't complain, and he doesn't correct, instead stepping back each time she mentions it. This was not his domain, but it was hers.[break][break]

Standing back from the forge once he'd performed the steps to the dance she'd taught him, Cillian glances over at Aurelie's gasp. At first worried the smith had burned herself or dropped something, he relaxes upon seeing her unharmed.[break][break]

Instead, the regal rabbit returns to grace them with its presence, ever-silent and unhelpful. He presses his lips together to resist a laugh.[break][break]

"I'm afraid all I know comes from storybooks, and they're not the most reliable source." It might seem strange to think of the austere underboss enjoying storybooks... but he'd been a child, once. "I'm sure there's someone out there, though. There's an expert in everything, if you look hard enough." Whether it was 's knowledge of toxins or 's DRAGONOLOGY. "But, then, our 'experts' brought us those abominations they called fossils."[break][break]

Trust the paleontologist to disparage the Galarian 'fossils'.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights