AZ EXCURSION A: WOLFGANG & JAMES
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 10:58:22 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","james bakerboy"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"you're lost, aren't you?"[break][break]

after what feels like hours of walking but in reality it has only been maybe twenty minutes, james calls out to his colleague and friend, placing a hand on their shoulder to reassure them.[break][break]

"it's okay. want me to have a look at the map?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".bakerboy"] --accent:#5d7070!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".james"] --accent: #5d7070 } .james b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .james i { color: var(--accent); } .james { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .james .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .james .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".james .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .james .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .james .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
385 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 12:14:36 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
"huh?!" the defensive retort comes out. "it's not that! fuck!"

he turns and folds the map before handing it to james. an extra force backs the exchange, coloring the interaction with the same hue that he always shows.

"i just wanted to be thorough with this! ain't that the proper way?"

wolfgang exhales, and then rests his hands on his waists.

"if ya wanna go straight to the extraction point immediately, then be my guest. the paradox pokemon are oh so scary, right?"

he was actually lost. he just doesn't want to admit it in front of james, so he masks it with mockery and taunts that just appears as banter since it came from him.

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
I'm watching you dancing in the kitchen, I could call you my new religion
awards
508 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 12:50:45 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"sorry! didn't mean to offend you or anything. just wanted to offer a helping hand, you know?"[break][break]

in wolfgang's defense, these maps can be awfully tricky to read, and james experiences as much the moment he unfolds it.[break][break]

letting out an awkward chuckle, he leans in close enough for the both of them to be able to look down at the map.[break][break]

"do you even know where we are?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".james"] --accent: #5d7070 } .james b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .james i { color: var(--accent); } .james { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .james .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .james .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".james .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .james .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .james .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
385 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 13:27:55 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
he answers with a shrug before looking up.

"somewhere north," he deduces, given the time of day and the position of the sun in the sky. "ain't there any nearby landmark in the map?!"

he stops to look around the area, finding nothing but large crystalline growths and bright green meadows. cliffs and the like were common too, but when every place has one, it was difficult to pinpoint which edge they were at.

"either way, we have time." they did embark earlier than suggested since wolfgang believes in being punctual.

in their idle chat, he finds himself blurting out a question that lingered in his head the moment james offered to take the map. "can you actually read a map?"

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
508 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 10:40:24 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"not yet. that's partly why we're down here..."[break][break]

to contribute to the map with their findings and explorations.[break][break]

when questioned, james is quick to chuckle.[break][break]

"better than you can, because i found where we are."[break][break]

or at least he assumes it's where they are based on the visual clues and associations he can make. he wonders why professionals do this, and how long it'd take him to reach the same level of proficiency.[break][break]

"that must mean we have to take a left. so, follow me."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
385 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 10:29:50 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
"y'er enjoyin' this ain't ya?" he teases when james takes the lead. "i'd enjoy tuggin' the leash of a guy like me too."

it was idle talk taken from an empty mind with no thoughts running from it. the place was so plain and boring once you stayed in it long enough that they'd eventually run out of things to talk about.

everything loses its charm eventually in his eyes, and the wonderous area zero was the same.

"oi. footprints."

he calls out freshly made prints on the ground. he wasn't an expert when it came to pokemon, though identifying a pokemon from its footprints alone was weird enough behavior.

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
508 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 10:46:11 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"only you would enjoy wearing a leash."[break][break]

not that he's judging. if he were to stop and think about it, he'd realize that he probably would not mind either, but that's entirely dependent on who would be tugging.[break][break]

when footprints are called out, james slows, peering over to investigate them.[break][break]

"interesting."[break][break]

he snaps a picture and files it away for later.[break][break]

"i'm not sure what it is. we'll have to cross-check later in our database."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
385 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 10:53:44 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
"you can leave the questioning of the rangers to me." taking the accounts of where people meet which kind of paradox pokemon was still useful data. "i know they love me back there, unlike here."

they don't.

before james can even finish documenting, wolfgang opens his mouth to yap. it's affectionate yapping, but it's still yapping.

"let's keep moving. i just want to finish this before we get attacked."

to record an approximate spawning location of each paradox pokemon was wasted effort in theory, but evidence to back up the lack of consistency was still evidence.

science was hard.

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
508 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 10:59:57 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"true."[break][break]

between the two of them, is better at dealing with people anyways, so it would make sense for them to delegate their roles like that. that's not to say james is bad at talking to people—he isn't—but if there's an opportunity to share the workload, he'll take it.[break][break]

"give me three more seconds," he hums as he snaps more pictures, making sure to get all the angles and in the proper focus before finally nodding, "okay, done. carry on."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
385 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 12:47:14 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
"that was a fuckin' joke! you aren't supposed to agree to that!"

false frustration consolidates into a sigh. he still likes the guy, no matter how dense he gets with these kinds of things. at most, james tolerates him, which is more than what he can ask for.

"i'd still do it though, i suppose," he says in an unwilling voice.

talking to people wasn't really his cup of tea, but neither was it james. there's a reason why both of them prefer to coop up in a lab in their own work.

"alright. let's continue down this path then we're asking for a break."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 4:46:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: