JAMES BAKER
GC EXCURSION C: JAMES & WOLFGANG
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 4:19:10 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","james bakerboy"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

as much as james would prefer not having to battle ever, he knows it's an unrealistic want, and his thoughts are proven correct as they find themselves tracking an unfamiliar PARADOX POKEMON, hot on its tail.[break][break]

"we really should have a ranger with us."[break][break]

but, again, his wants are unrealistic. they must make due with what they have. in this case, it's only the two aeos scientists.[break][break]

"we should be close..."

[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".bakerboy"] --accent:#5d7070!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".james"] --accent: #5d7070 } .james b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .james i { color: var(--accent); } .james { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .james .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .james .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".james .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .james .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .james .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
385 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 10:47:00 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
"we should, but you're so diligent we have to fuckin' do it on our own to meet the timeline!"

his rants were but a whisper, but the exasperation within his muted rasps could still be heard. not that it was difficult to notice given that it was wolfgang's default.

he follows after james as they reach a corner. they weren't noticed yet, but they manage to creep up close to where the paradox pokemon lies.

"at least it's just one of them. do you have any plans for the worst case scenario?"

part of it was a threat to tease the fellow scientist. the other was a realistic approach on how he handles precarious situations such as the current one they're knee deep in.

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
I'm watching you dancing in the kitchen, I could call you my new religion
awards
508 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 10:53:47 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"it's not my fault we have such a tight deadline to meet, but hey, we do it for a good cause."[break][break]

for the shareholders. and for science, of course![break][break]

up ahead of them, lying around the corner is the paradox pokemon they'd been tracking: a GOUGING FIRE that rests by a large boulder.[break][break]

his voice drops to a whisper.[break][break]

"katsudon should be able to handle it. i built it specifically for containment."[break][break]

he mutters.[break][break]

"the worst case scenario to me is death, though, which you really can't plan for."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".james"] --accent: #5d7070 } .james b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .james i { color: var(--accent); } .james { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .james .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .james .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .james .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".james .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .james .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .james .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
385 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 12:31:49 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
"not talkin' about that, idiot," he whispers back in the most strained voice possible. "i meant before that. at least give me somethin' to work with."

he gets a pokemon out. a rotom comes out, but before it can zoom around erratically like it always does, wolfgang takes his hand and grabs the ball of plasma. safety equipment in the form of gloves prevent him from being burned.

"we're back up, then." he flashes his rotom a stare before going back to teasing his colleague. "look at you being so dependable with your... katsudon."

he had an idea on what pokemon he meant, but every time he learns the name of james's pokemon, he forgets about it with how ridiculous it sounds.

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
508 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 13:16:12 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"we can spend forever planning or we can jump right into it and adapt. we don't have time for the first, so cover me."[break][break]

normally, it would be james who would be second-guessing things especially when it comes to battling. but with the help of his type: null, he feels confident enough to take lead, knowing that if they fail, then it would only reflect poorly on his abiliities as a scientist, so it would be a deserving end.[break][break]

finding type: null's pokeball on his belt, james rolls it along the ground. the moment it pops open, he calls out a command.[break][break]

"katsudon! danger, danger!"[break][break]

its head snaps to the side, finding the GOUGING FIRE immediately before running over to engage it.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
385 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 13:26:04 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
a hand slaps his forehead, but he makes sure to soften the blow enough to not make any noise.

"i thought you were going for an ambush," he snaps, voice getting raspier in an effort to lower the volume.

wolfgang turns to his rotom. "go out there and help him out with thunder wave."

status effects were the basics of weakening the pokemon, but as it stands, it was also the only option wolfgang has. the heavy lifting will be done by james' type:null.

he rummages his bag for anything useful. instead, he finds one of his personal projects, which were handmade pokeballs from apricorns, a trick he learned from his life at azalea.

"i have a fast ball," he offers james. "do you want it?"

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
508 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 13:30:54 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

his hand rubs the back of his neck, suddenly anxious as he admits, "i haven't finished programming the ambush protocol yet so this will have to do."[break][break]

in truth, he'd just forgotten to program it entirely, the thought of needing the type: null for anything other than containment never occurred to him.[break][break]

THUNDER WAVES fly out in unison as type: null continues to circle it, keeping it pinned to the boulder with attacks.[break][break]

james looks over at the fast ball, nodding.[break][break]

"yeah, that'll work."[break][break]

without waiting, he grabs it and tosses it at the fire-type.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
385 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 13:38:37 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
paralysis lowering the speed makes it easy for the fast ball to connect. the ball matching the gouging fire's colors was just a fun coincidence.

whether it was luck or the ball's properties actually making a difference, the capture connects. for a moment, they can share a sigh of relief.

"you got lucky," he says at first. "that my balls are the best," he continues with a triumphant smile on his face.

he attempts to get near the ball as it shakes. once, twice. on the third, it beeps.

"you have to help me catch mine now," he tells james, his tone more akin to an order. he opens his mouth to add another line of goading before they're interrupted by a chorus of roars from far away.

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
508 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 14:01:31 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i like to think i carried my own weight, but sure, i'll concede to your balls this time."[break][break]

with a relieved sigh, he stands up, tensing for a moment as he feels the strain in his thighs from squatting for so long.[break][break]

more surprised by wolfgang's order than the chorus of roars from far away, he stares at the back of their head, startled.[break][break]

"wait, really?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
385 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 14:06:52 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
"no!" he tells him. "not really!"

he takes the ball from the ground and immediately shoves it to james.

"we're going. we can't face that many."

at least three distinct cries can be heard, all from the same direction. if it had just been one, or if the cries were from different places, they could have taken one. as it stands, neither of them are confident facing against behemoths with just two of them.

"there's always a next time. come on."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 4:46:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: