october 22nd
sootopolis city
ace-flux
p(r)etty thief / con artist
grunt
happily single
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailor
Sailor de Laurierwylle
[m] do you boo-lieve?
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 14:06:14 GMT
Sailor de Laurierwylle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","saipost"]
[attr="class","text"]

Getting scheduled to patrol the West Wing on a Friday night was, in Sai's opinion, drawing the short straw. At least they didn't have to do the patrol alone. They hung near the entrance to the dining hall for the second grunt to show up.[break][break]
Nearby, Obstagoon glared at nothing in particular and made sure no one (or no mon) came close to his trainer. Sai wasn't bothered, used to the Obstagoon's attitude, and checked their phone. With a pout, they saw that Fen was at home, having fun.[break][break]
It was just one night shift -- what could happen?

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

for the ghost in the machine mission![BREAK]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.saipost]--accent:#cc87a9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.saipost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
Act as if you’re a wealthy man, rich already, and you will become rich.
awards
278 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
[m] do you boo-lieve?
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 12:22:12 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Frank was used to working late—all those crazy nights as a stockbroker in Unova really taught him how to endure—but that usually meant crunching numbers at his desk. He'd never had to go on patrol before, not even in the safety of Team Rocket's submarine. [break][break]

Why did patrols have to happen on the submarine anyway? Who was going to attack from the inside when a bunch of scary, powerful people lived and worked there? [break][break]

It didn't matter. Someone with authority had signed Frank up at the last minute. Since he couldn't argue, he figured the job would help familiarize him with the submarine's layout. [break][break]

"Hey, are you Sailor?" Frank asked as he approached the rendezvous point and saw another grunt already there, waiting. The silver-haired man extended his hand for a shake. [break][break]

"I'm Frank. Apparently, as soon as we finish, we can go home. I don't know about you, but that kind of makes me want to do this as quickly as possible." He glanced down at the Alolan Persian at his side. "You agree, right, Rex?" [break][break]

The large cat meowed apathetically. Frank merely chuckled.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".frank2"]--accent:#C8D2DA;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

bear

sai
they/them
twenty-one
october 22nd
sootopolis city
ace-flux
grunt
happily single
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailor
Sailor de Laurierwylle
[m] do you boo-lieve?
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 13:19:42 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","saipost"]
[attr="class","text"]

Sailor looked up from their Rotom Phone and put it away as soon as the older man approached, accepting the handshake, "I agree. The sooner we're done here, the better." Not because Sailor believed the rumours about spooky things that happened on the sub, the weird noises with no source or things moving. Ghost Pokémon existed, after all. But because going home to their bed sooner rather than later sounded ideal.[break][break]
They operated under the assumption that Frank knew the layout of the sub as well as they did and nodded, "Want to go clockwise or anti-clockwise?" This guy looked like he had a more important job than Sai, who was just a low level grunt. Even their parents couldn't get them a cushy position in Rocket.[break][break]
Not that they wanted one. Sailor liked the dirty work and liked earning respect from showing they could pitch in like everyone else. Obstagoon took one look at Frank's Persian and then went back to acting like a menacing bodyguard for Sailor.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.saipost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
278 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
[m] do you boo-lieve?
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 13:58:02 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Frank shrugged. "Clockwise works," he said, not caring either way. They'd get through all the rooms one way or another. [break][break]

The group started in the chosen direction. Rex padded ahead, keen senses on high alert for anything amiss. On the other hand, Frank strolled with his hands in his pockets, the picture of relaxation. [break][break]

"I bet the noises aren't anything series. Just some of the younger grunts playing pranks, or Ghost Pokémon up to no good," he said. Then he turned his head to consider Sailor. [break][break]

"So did you just join up? What's your story, huh?" Frank kept his tone light and breezy. He had no interest in interrogating his new acquaintance, simply wanting to get to know them instead.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".frank2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

bear

sai
they/them
twenty-one
october 22nd
sootopolis city
ace-flux
grunt
happily single
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailor
Sailor de Laurierwylle
[m] do you boo-lieve?
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 0:12:38 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","saipost"]
[attr="class","text"]

Frank didn't seem too bothered by how they tackled this, so Sailor merely nodded and set off in the direction he picked. They walked along, with Sailor checking any rooms on their side of the corridor, but nothing seemed out of place -- so far.[break][break]
"I don't understand people who are scared of Ghost 'mons." Sai commented in a bored tone, using their Rocket-issued torch to check a room with no working light switch. They made a note of that for maintenance as well.[break][break]
They are, however, surprised that Frank isn't aware who Sailor's parents are. It made for a nice change, "My parents and my grandfather are in the Rocket Organisation. Only seemed natural that I would follow in their footsteps." Sai glanced up at Frank, "What about you?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
278 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
[m] do you boo-lieve?
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 1:47:23 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Frank whistled an appreciative note. "A nepotism baby. I guess Team Rocket is sort of like your inheritance, huh?" he mused aloud. Then he paused, as if realizing how Sailor might interpret his words. "I don't mean that in a bad way, either. It's just kind of how the world works if you peek behind the curtains enough." [break][break]

And Frank had looked plenty back at his old job. His former bosses had practically pulled back the curtain for him. [break][break]

"As for me, I joined back in… February? I think?" He scratched at his chin. "It doesn't matter. Anyway, I was looking for a way to make some extra cash and got into the smuggling business. When I finally joined up in an official way, I was put on accounting." [break][break]

As they walked down the hallway toward the communal baths, a strange noise suddenly cut through their conversation—a dreadful moaning noise, like someone in pain. [break][break]

Frank froze. "Did you hear that, too? Was it coming from the baths?"

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

bear

sai
they/them
twenty-one
october 22nd
sootopolis city
ace-flux
grunt
happily single
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailor
Sailor de Laurierwylle
[m] do you boo-lieve?
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 23:25:59 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","saipost"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Something like that, yeah." Sai smiled, unbothered by the choice of phrase. They had used it for themself plenty of times before, and it wasn't entirely wrong either. They just hoped it wouldn't change Frank's opinion of them or their ability to contribute to the Organisation.[break][break]
So this guy was pretty new to the Org? Sailor didn't comment on that but raised a brow, "Finance huh? So you like working with numbers?" Sai was okay with maths -- enough to get by. Just don't ask them some stupid multiplication or to solve some weird algebra.[break][break]
Sai slowed to a stop just as Frank asked about the sound, "So you heard it too? Might just be a grunt who did something stupid." They shrugged and started in the direction of the Baths.[break][break]
They pushed open the door but the lights were off -- odd. Sailor reached in and flicked them on, only they didn't come on. More groaning sounds could be heard, coming from further into the baths and Sailor squinted, "Can you see anyone?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
278 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
[m] do you boo-lieve?
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 13:56:21 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank2"]
[attr="class","body"]

"That's right. Numbers are my specialty," Frank confirmed, his chest swelling with pride. His career had been an illustrious one before the incident that halted it. Even now, years later, he was putting his brilliant mind to good use. Rising up and overcoming the challenge was deeply gratifying. [break][break]

Turning to the matter at hand, Frank followed Sailor into the communal baths. The flashlight's beam was inadequate considering the size of the facility, so Frank pulled out his phone. [break][break]

"I don't see anything yet. Why don't you look in one side and I'll take the other?" he suggested, already walking toward the men's changing room. His Persian followed on silent steps. [break][break]

Unfortunately, he found nothing in his area of the baths. Everything looked as it should: clean, organized, empty. He and his Pokémon returned to the main area to meet with Sailor. [break][break]

"I didn't find anything on my side. Did you—" Frank began, when the sudden, sharp BANG of a broom falling to the floor caused him to jump. Pointing his phone's flashlight in its direction, he caught the small, billowy form of a Misdreavus in the air. "Hey!"

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

bear

sai
they/them
twenty-one
october 22nd
sootopolis city
ace-flux
grunt
happily single
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailor
Sailor de Laurierwylle
[m] do you boo-lieve?
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 20:23:25 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","saipost"]
[attr="class","text"]

Sailor nodded, impressed. Not everyone was good with numbers, so it was always fascinating to meet someone who was skilled with them, and Sailor knew it pointed to Frank being smart.[break][break]
So, better to be paired up with him than some brain-dead grunt.[break][break]
Sai sighed and entered the room, Obstagoon close on their heels, scanning the side of the room they'd picked. Frank seemed to find nothing and Sailor couldn't see anything either, "Noth--" A loud bang drew their attention and Sailor turned but didn't see what it was. However, Obstagoon had and chased after the culprit.[break][break]
"Great." Sai mumbled as they hurried after their Pokémon.[break][break]
Obstagoon left the baths and chased the Misdreavous down the hallway and into a store room. Sailor followed and went to flick the lights on -- of course they didn't work either. Had to be something to do with whatever Pokémon was behind all of this.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
278 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
[m] do you boo-lieve?
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 20:11:33 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Sailor and their Obstagoon rushed after the Misdreavus. Frank and his Persian followed close at their heels, until they reached a small storage room. As there wasn't much space for all of them to fit, Frank poked his head around the doorframe as Sailor tried the lights. [break][break]

"It's a Misdreavus," he explained, unsure how much they'd seen before the wild chase began. "They like to play pranks, don't they? Maybe this little guy is owned by someone and got lost or something?" [break][break]

Rex hissed, ready to fight, but Frank stayed his cat with a hand. "Maybe we should just try talking to it?" he suggested to Sailor.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

bear

sai
they/them
twenty-one
october 22nd
sootopolis city
ace-flux
grunt
happily single
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailor
Sailor de Laurierwylle
[m] do you boo-lieve?
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 7:31:48 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","saipost"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Ah... That explains a lot." Sailor nodded as Frank explained the Pokémon behind all of this. Being a fan of ghost types, Sai had some knowledge of this particular Pokémon (and hoped to have their own some day). [break][break]
Frank suggested talking to it, and Sailor shrugged, "Be my guest." They stepped back and allowed Frank space to get into the storage room. Sailor also gestured for Obstagoon to back away and, with some reluctance, the normal-dark type did just that.[break][break]
They didn't bother to tell Frank to be careful, and they were interested to see how he planned to talk or reason with the Misdreavus. Sailor would have just used Obstagoon to take it down and take it some place for someone else to deal with.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
278 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
[m] do you boo-lieve?
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 20:39:49 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ah, shit. Frank was hoping Sailor would offer to do the talking, but instead, the other grunt merely stepped aside to make room for Frank. So he shuffled forward, wondering how the hell he was going to get a Misdreavus to listen to him. [break][break]

"Sure, I'm good with Pokémon." [break][break]

Rex made a noise that sounded strongly like he was going to hurl a hairball, but nothing happened. Frank glanced askance at the Persian before putting his hands on his hips to address the Ghost-type. [break][break]

"Hey! So! What are you doing out here, huh?" By Arceus, he felt stupid. "Instead of scaring grunts and keeping people up all night, why don't we get something to eat from the break room. A late night snack, yeah?" [break][break]

Unfortunately, the Misdreavus didn't seem to care. It smacked Frank with an ASTONISH and flew past him as he flinched, toward the open doorway. [break][break]

"Ow, fuck!"

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
[newclass=".frank2"]--accent:#C8D2DA;font:13px "Noto Sans";[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 a"]font:13px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 h1"]font:18px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 h2"]font:16px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights