WRITE REPLY

Commitment- Winters 1 [Mission]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

Zaber

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
5 posts
Leo Winters DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leowinters
Leo Winters
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 13:53:16 GMT
Leo Winters Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","leowint1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

The Silent Icelands. The short straw of short straws of places. How one Pokemon turned this valley into a freezing tundra was unthinkable. And yet, here it was, now a place of ice and snow. But such a place was not hell for one man. So few people came here, and though dangerous-- cause the Grand Chasm was beyond this region, it offered a place for snow now, completely transforming the ecosystem. [break][break]

And thus, began the rookie Ranger's new adventure. He had gotten his first assignment, though it was a graveyard and short stick of the pile routine. Still, it was a good chance to prove himself. The blonde man with the bandana, long coat lined with thermal tech, and of course his trusty companion. Leo was determined to keep a watchful eye of this frozen tundra. THe area was not just rolling hills-- but caves, mountains and further reached the areas of the Chasm that others were now determine to find now. The winds there were quite chilly as he walked beside his Pokemon, him guarding his face from the whipping snow and bitter winds. "Ugh... Come on, we gotta find shelter in this mess." Leo called out to his white-furred Pokemon, who led the way. The white beast leading the way soon spotted it-- the cave to get out of the winter storm! Guiding his trainer, the beast led the way.[break][break]

They soon made it! The two reached the mouth of a cave and Leo soon let out a light from his Ranger gear. The ice cave lit up-- soon revealing the frozen body of a horrified Charmander! Everything about it was frozen solid. "GAAAHH!!" Leo cried, bumping back into the Pokemon who had guided him. Fright turned into pity as everything about the poor creature was frozen solid-- even its flame. [break][break]

The Beartic, let out a soft grunt of sorrow too... feeling bad this happened. However that legendary pokemon did it, it left a blanket of snow and destruction in its wake. [break][break] Taking a deep breath to get over it, Leo Winters sat himself down at the inner part of the cave. "Guess we gotta wait the storm out, Odin. " Leo said, exhausted. [break][break]

Mimicking his trainer's motions, the big bear flopped himself down on his rear, causing a thump of a tremor on the ice around him. The big Bearartic blinked and watched as Leo took out a small pack, containing an industrial heater-- designed to allow light and heat in freezing conditions. The cave soon lit up, its light even visible to the outside. [break][break]

As they were settled in-- Leo reached over and patted his big bear's side, enjoying the feel of his partner's bulky fur. To which, the bear leaned into it, like he did back when he was a Cubchoo. [break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

Commitment mission part 1[break]
XXX.[break]
XXX.

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.leowint1]--accent:#DFF7FA;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leowint1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leowint1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".leowint1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leowint1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".leowint1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".leowint1 h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".leowint1 h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".leowint1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leowint1 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leowint1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 1:53:21 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
When Shalin was called to supervise new recruit on an errand in the Silent Icelands, she was a bit suspicious. Why would the Rangers allow fresh blood to go to such a dangerous place, what with the Giant Chasm there being a hotbed for paradox Pokémon, some of the most dangerous Pokémon known in Hoenn? That wasn't her decision to make; that came from , she suspected. Perhaps she had such confidence in him that he could handle himself in such a risky area?

Even so, Shalin wasn't taking any chances. Seated on Lathiel's back, the Type: Null bravely advanced across the ice, her claws giving her superb traction on the slippery ground. Flanking her were Scar and Caprice, a Pyroar and Kantonian Ninetales.

Seeing that the wind was picking up, she, too, needed to find shelter. Though she was warm, thanks to the two fire-types surround her and Scar turning up the heat on his mane, that heat wouldn't last forever. She found the same cave that Leo did, coming across the new Ranger with little difficulty.

"Got room for a few more in here?" she kindly asked, sliding down from the back of her Type: Null steed after nearly bonking her head on the ice above. The face looked familiar; being a Ranger Captain, Shalin got to review new hire rosters for the Rangers. It was one of her lest favorite administrative tasks her position required her to do, but it had to be done; she had to take the fieldwork with the pencil pushing, after all.

"Leo, right? Captain Shalin Nariya. I'll be your supervisor for today's assignment. These three are Lathiel, Scar, and Caprice," she introduced the Pokémon that would be keeping them warm as they rode out the storm.

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Lathiel       Type: Null     Good
Caprice       Ninetales      Good
Scar          Pyroar         Good
close tab

played by

Zaber

awards
5 posts
Leo Winters DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leowinters
Leo Winters
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 0:46:24 GMT
Leo Winters Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

The roar of the artic wind blew through the cave. Even with the heater, it was easy to feel the chill of the wind, and why Leo kept his jacket so close. Of course, any ice type could endure it without issue. Odin, the Beartic just huffed a bit and shifted his bulky body. With all that fur, he was probably toasty warm. However, they soon heard the crunch of snow and the sounds of other Pokemon. Others were drawn to the light of his heater-- and soon, came another person. A woman. Odin gave a stern growl, but soon paused as he saw the human greet them. It was his superior-- . [break][break]

Leo paused as he saw her, just barely dressed for the cold, and kept company by the two fire types keeping close to her. "Oh, hi there. Um, sure... make yourself at home," he said with a nervous chuckle. He didn't expect his supervisor would come to his 'graveyard' shift. "So... you're my boss?" Leo asked, as she sat down. "I kind of requested to be here. Not that I mind the cold and snow. I like it, but ... didn't expect it to be more of a graveyard than a tundra..." he explained.[break][break]

Leo smiled as he saw the Ninetails and the Pyroar of all things, including the odd one in armor. "Heh, nice company you're keeping. This big buddy-bear is Odin. Say hi, big guy." Leo introduced his Beartic. Shalin would notice the scar over Odin's right eye-- showing he had been through some tough times. Despite that, he seemed friendly as he soon raised a big paw in greeting to the female human and her pokemon. [break][break]

NOTES

XXX.[break]
XXX.

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.leowint1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leowint1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".leowint1 h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".leowint1 h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".leowint1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 3:46:18 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
With Leo's consent, Shalin and her three Pokémon spread out, trying to keep the two fire-types close enough to herself and the Ranger that everyone could stay warm. "It is," the Captain confirmed. "It's all Kyurem's doing. I'm so happy I got assigned to Littleroot that day instead of going into space. Otherwise, it could have been my Pokémon that ended up down there. There used to be even more dead Pokémon here, too. Way more." She estimated the quantity of dead Pokémon within the Silent Icelands' glaciers to be an order of magnitude less than it was at the beginning of the year. "You know about the Meteno story? Was all over the news a while back."

Lathiel was surprisingly friendly toward Leo, making a sound halfway between a whimper and a purr. She even returned a greeting to the scarred Beartic. "A Beartic! Caught one of those the last time I was out here. Still trying to find a good place for him in my Petalburg Woods sanctuary." Scar loosed a friendly purr that Leo may have been able to feel the vibrations of if he was near the lion. "Seems odd that you would be assigned out here; the elements aren't particularly friendly." She looked toward Leo's armband. "How long you been a Ranger for?"

{PC: 2}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Lathiel       Type: Null     Good
Caprice       Ninetales      Good
Scar          Pyroar         Good
close tab

played by

Zaber

awards
5 posts
Leo Winters DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leowinters
Leo Winters
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 23:51:09 GMT
Leo Winters Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Leo paused at the comment of "Mentio" . He knew that a legendary pokemon had turned this place into a frozen wasteland. Home to some, death to others, sadly. That was as much as he knew, but not about the tied-in events. He was a bit ignorant on stuff like that... [break][break]
"Oh! THat! Yeah I know about what happened with Mentio...ahahah!" he said, bashfully laughing with a hand behind his head, as if casual. [break][break] The Beartic, Odin, gave Leo a cold leer that pretty much spelled 'bullshit' at his trainer. Clearly Leo was one of those types who tried to put up an impressive front, but Odin knew his partner best. [break][break]
Breaking the awkward moment, The Type Null seemed to take an odd liking to Leo. Curious by the armor it wore, all locked up in that-- Leo reached up and gently tried to scratch and pet the pokemon where the armor met its fur. "Damn, why is it stuck in this armor? Doesn't it get annoying for it? I feel bad for the fellow." he explained, looking to his boss. [break][break] At least now he wasn't alone here. She asked him how long he was a ranger and how long he been out in this place. "Eh, I don't mind snowy places. I love them. It's a shame there aren't any real mountains or stuff around here. There were more where I used to live as a kid, " Leo explained. [break][break]At the part of his time here, "Well... I been a ranger for little over a month. Guess I'm still new, but I wanted to be one. Seemed like a line of work that I can follow. Besides, I meet new pokemon, and kick the butts of ROckets or any other jerks who try to mess with them." he said with a proud pounding of his fists. [break][break] "Rrroooar!" Beartic agreed with a cheerful bark-roar from the polar bear. [break][break]

NOTES

XXX.[break]
XXX.

[googlefont=Montserrat]

[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights