thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
corrosion [c]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 19:20:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"May I call you Nenet?"[break][break]

With no wish to accidentally offend her in mispronouncing her surname, Cillian leads the introduction with a simple question. He'd approached her in her laboratory with none of his usual power of presence, Lugia's PRESSURE as absent as his own MIASMA.[break][break]

Given her prior negative experiences with his coworkers, in particular one , Cillian thinks it's best not to come across as a threat.[break][break]

"Cillian Quinn." He's sure she knows. "I understand you specialize somewhat in the CORROSION ability."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy
awards
528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
corrosion [c]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 8:21:26 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]
[attr="class","nenet1body"]

"May I call you Nenet?"
[break][break]
"Please," Nenet answers warmly.
[break][break]
Her hands move to place away a stack of papers, the office is barren this time of hour and the pair have little concern for being overheard. Those movements still utterly at the next words out of his mouth, however. Golden eyes sharply cut over to Cillian's figure and her expression blanks into a mask of neutrality.
[break][break]
"I beg your pardon?" Nenet asks, voice icy and body utterly rigid as she turns fully to face Cillian. This was hardly what she expected when the Underboss reached out for a meeting.

[attr="class","nenet1pkmn"]

[attr="class","nenet1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1"]--accent:#EDE574;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
corrosion [c]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 12:57:15 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian seems mildly surprised, though not intimidated by the sudden ice in 's tone.[break][break]

"It seems you heard me just fine." He'd hit a nerve, clearly. He hadn't intended to; perhaps she wasn't accustomed to people doing their research before working with her. At least not the sort of thorough research undertaken by an underboss of Rocket. "If you're concerned I'm trying to blackmail you, don't be. I was actually hoping for your assistance."[break][break]

He leans against the wall, hands at his sides. Still unthreatening, but relaxed.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
corrosion [c]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 14:13:54 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

A subtle twist of emotion makes it way onto Nenet's expression, though otherwise she remains icy and rigid; Cillian had no reason to dig so deeply into her background, he simply had.
[break][break]
Forcing herself to move, she places her papers away and asks once she's finished, "What sort of assistance."

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
corrosion [c]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 17:09:28 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I've been studying the toxins of Shadow Pokemon." Straight and to the point. "My Breloom has CORROSION, see, and I'd like to understand the risks before I experiment with it."[break][break]

Of course, is still stiff and stilted. That was hardly conducive to a scientific study.[break][break]

He's not accustomed to having to smooth things over with people these days. As an underboss, most simply folded to his whims. But there had been a time where he was the one forced to placate and plead.[break][break]

"I look into all my coworkers; it's nothing personal. And it's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm certainly not here because I was welcomed into the scientific community with open arms and no questions asked." When he smiles, his sharp canines gleam. "I found Rocket after my superiors in Galar decided that questionable ethics was a price too high to pay for brilliance. Their loss."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
corrosion [c]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 9:00:39 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

A barely-there narrowing of her eyes signifies Nenet is listening. She understood on some level why Cillian had done what he'd done - it was practical after all - but that hardly meant she appreciated the effort.

[break][break]
"I am not ashamed of my research," she answers levelly. Concern about her ability to continue in the public sphere was a wholly different animal, however.

[break][break]
Her interest was piqued though not discernibly at Cillian's mention of his own background. "Risks in regards to what," she finally asks, her curiosity winning out in place of caution. "What are you testing it on?" Her hands still in her lap as she looks over Cillian pointedly, from head to toe, as if assessing his question's merit.

[break][break]
"Most, not all, of my studies centred around Lunatone and Solrock resistances." There hadn't been much of a resistance at the end of the day but the ability of a Corrosive Pokemon had been something fascinating to behold.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
corrosion [c]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 7:47:41 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

She seems to relent somewhat when he mentions his own skeletons.[break][break]

"Myself, ideally."[break][break]

He is blunt as a hammer in his admission, as though it were no big deal. It was definitely a big deal.[break][break]

"I'd imagine I'm far different than a Pokemon," with an easy enough laugh, "but I thought you might be interested in the results all the same. And I'd trust your research has given you a fair idea of when to pull the plug, so to speak."[break][break]

He flashes a vial of ANTIDOTE. "Not a suicide mission, see. Just an attempt to build immunity."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
corrosion [c]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 6:19:19 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Nenet's eyebrow arches sharply at Cillian's intended test subject. "That remains to be seen," comes her careful answer.
[break][break]
Hands folding together, and then fidgeting, she stands abruptly and murmurs with her decision made, "Come on, then." If he killed himself that was one less person to worry about holding her past over her head.
[break][break]
"Do you want to do this intelligently or recklessly," is what she asks as they make their way from her office. There was a first aid kit - and an AED - in the confides of Rocket's lab walls.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
corrosion [c]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 17:35:36 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Oh, intelligently, of course."[break][break]

Though whether or not poisoning yourself in any capacity could be considered intelligent was certainly up for debate.[break][break]

He follows her without hesitation.[break][break]

"I've already informed of my plan, in case there are complications." Sharp teeth gleam in the light as he smirks. "So, mm, keep that under advisory if you get any ideas while I'm indisposed."[break][break]

His tone is light, not unfriendly, almost enough to disguise the threat were it not so overt.[break][break]

He hands her the ANTIDOTE.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights