thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
The Testimony of Howard Slayte
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 7:07:00 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"If you wanted to follow him, you'd have admitted to it."[break][break]

Because if boasts about knowing Cillian's intentions, he'd know just as well that the underboss was capable of murder. It wouldn't be the first life ended in this office, nor the last.[break][break]

"Don't pin your short memory on me; I used his name, as I said."[break][break]

He'd started with it, in fact.[break][break]

"And don't gamble with my patience unless you're willing to lose."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 9:13:09 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Lose? Howard almost laughed in the underboss's face.

"I've been losing for my entire fucking life." Ever since pursued a field with no opportunities, no hope for progression, no hope for living. From the moment his brain had formulated what it had wanted to do, Howard's life had turned into hell.

Archaeology was a dead-end field. Howard's life had ended from the moment he had picked up the trowel.

"His name." Cillian would not understand. There was no need in pursuing this line of discussion. "Forget it."

There were more important topics at hand.

"Something fucked with my golem. It did not malfunction, but how is that possible? Nobody alive knows how those things work more than me. So what happened?"

Howard would not accept Regice as malfunctioning. If it was, the ancients had failed their successors and the region was fucked. That was an unacceptable conclusion. Thus, it had to be wrong.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 5:11:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Howard almost laughs. Cillian remains severe.[break][break]

"You've not lost that life, yet."[break][break]

He is cold, firm. The threat, though not explicit, is hardly disguised. If were suicidal, he'd found the right tool to do something about it. Cillian was more patient than many of his Kanto-bred colleagues, but no less capable.[break][break]

He ignores the continued stress about Shred's name.[break][break]

"Did you see a Spotlight cast, perhaps?" He imagines Howard would've mentioned it if so, but includes the ask to be thorough. Then: "There were several Avatars on the field, our own and otherwise. Did you notice their behaviour surrounding the incident?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 8:36:55 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
If he was a braver man, he would've pushed Cillian Quinn further. There was a world where the brains of Admin Slayte splattered across the walls of this cell.

Nobody would've missed him. Nobody would've lamented his passing. He would've been another cautionary tale to those who came after, to not blunder on the battlefield. There was a world where Howard kept talking. Instead of putting down the shovel, he would've dug deeper and deeper until Cillian's shadow miasma surrounded him.

That was not this world. Howard was too cowardly to die, even to escape Rocket's clutches.

"No, I don't think so. I was being attacked on all sides, and Regice was the only reason I didn't immediately falter." Howard puffed up his lips and exhaled. "I apologize, I was not keeping track."

A poor suit for battle.

"Wait." His scowl darkened as a memory came crawling back. A rare look of contempt blossomed forth. "No. What's the deal with the fire chick? Penelope?"

His foe.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 9:19:17 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian shakes his head, flicks his wrist. Not having eyes on every part of the battlefield was hardly a crime, and if it was, Cillian was guilty as well. He'd been equally present, was equally ignorant to the cause.[break][break]

"Livy, yes. I saw that - thing she has with her. One of the Ruinous Beasts, isn't it?"[break][break]

Knowing how and were affected, Cillian could only imagine the hell that the councilwoman was being made to endure by her volatile patron. Unlike how he felt toward his colleagues, he had no sympathy for her.[break][break]

"No idea of what powers it might have, beyond some sort of emotional influence if J- if Admin Cross and Underboss Fiorelli are any example."[break][break]

If Moltres and Articuno's avatars shared similar abilities, why not these beasts of ruin?[break][break]

"But golems don't have emotions, do they? Correct me if I'm wrong." His dry tone suggests he's not expecting that correction. "Did she say anything to you? To Regice? Perhaps to Shred?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights