played by

mcfuzzled

He/Him
June 23
Varies
Demisexual
Philanthropist
Civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
23 posts
Colin Roche DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @colin
Colin Roche
Golden Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 18:32:54 GMT
Colin Roche Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","colintest"]
[attr="class","post"]

It had been almost too easy, in retrospect.
[break][break]
The Hoennian expansion had gone smoothly enough, so far - the properties had been easy enough to acquire, the competition virtually nonexistent, and the staff? Well, everyone was happy to jump on a foreigner's payroll for the right price. He'd even managed to secure a pair of personal estates out of the deal, never mind the dreadful circumstances of the previous owner.
[break][break]
Colin sat in his home office, windows thrown wide to showcase the Lilycove bay behind him. The sun shone, the water sparkled, and the cheerful mood carried into his work as he tapped through a series of spreadsheets on his PC.
[break][break]
Repossession had always been one of his favorite activities, after all.
[break][break]
He glanced at the clock and drummed his fingers on the surface of his desk idly. His interview was due in twenty minutes, and he idly made a bet with himself on her arrival time. One could tell quite a bit about a prospective hire before the questions even started, and punctuality was a particular peeve of his.
[break][break]
He rolled his shoulders, working the stiffness out, and sighed. He'd read her application, of course, and the file his Human Resources team had collected from her background and a few less salient places on the internet. Not strictly ethical, perhaps, but he always liked to know more than less, and as far as he was able to tell, this woman was positively unremarkable.
[break][break]
A knock at his door derailed his train of thought, and he smiled thinly. Fifteen minutes early. Perhaps she would surprise him, after all.
[break][break]
"Come in, come in."

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

Employment: Act I

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.colintest]--accent:#21a698;[/newclass]
[newclass=.colintest]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".colintest b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".colintest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".colintest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".colintest a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".colintest h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".colintest h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".colintest .post b"]font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".colintest .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".colintest .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".colintest .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".colintest .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".colintest .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.
awards
19 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
Golden Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 18:13:43 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

Taking a deep breath, Sasha pushed open the office door at the muffled, "Come in." After making sure to close it behind her, she crossed the space to stand in front of Mr. 's desk. [break][break]

As she walked, her amber eyes darted around the room out of habit, taking in key details: all possible exits (the door through which she'd just entered and the open window), furniture she could use for cover, potential improvised weapons. [break][break]

Her gaze quickly refocused on the seated man, however. Fighting down her nerves, she extended a hand toward him. [break][break]

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Roche. I'm Sasha Huang. Thank you for giving me this opportunity," she said, remembering to offer a polite smile as well. Then she held out the professional folder clasped in her other hand. "My résumé." [break][break]

Whether Colin shook her hand and took the folder from her or not, she remained standing. She'd wait until he invited her to take a seat before settling into any chair.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission | outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".sasha1"]--accent:#ff8503;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

He/Him
June 23
Varies
Demisexual
Philanthropist
Civilian
awards
23 posts
Colin Roche DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @colin
Colin Roche
Golden Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 19:06:40 GMT
Colin Roche Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

A small smile lingered on Colin's lips as he watched the young lady enter. Presentable, yes, and punctual, but perceptive.
[break][break]
His smile grew a little wider. Interesting.
[break][break]
His curiosity was piqued enough that he rose from his seat as she approached, a courtesy that only a handful of those who appeared before him were presented. "The pleasure is mine, Miss Huang," he responded, returning her handshake perfunctorily as he catalogued a series of mental notes.
[break][break]
Firm, but not too firm. Adherence to the usual formula spoke to her either trying to keep solid ground under her or sorely underestimating his own perceptiveness. Professional, relatively modest attire showed forethought.
[break][break]
She might do.
[break][break]
He accepted the folder with a little chuckle as he withdrew, returning to his seat and gesturing to one of the chairs opposite him. "Please, sit," he offered, flipping the folder open with his other hand. Scanning it briefly, he was pleased to see that nothing in the document before him was at odds with the information he'd already collected. At least she wasn't stupid enough to attempt padding her credentials.
[break][break]
He returned his gaze to her, warm amusement still lingering in his tone. "You're early."

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.colintest]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".colintest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".colintest h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".colintest h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".colintest .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.
awards
19 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
Golden Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 19:57:00 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

A note of relief entered Sasha's smile as she sat. At least Mr. Roche wasn't the kind of man to make her stand on ceremony. She willed her hands to remain still in her lap while he reviewed her résumé, an act that told her he was taking her application seriously. [break][break]

Not that her career until that moment was particularly noteworthy. After graduating with an Associate's degree from Lilycove Community College, she'd tried applying for arts-related jobs. She'd finally landed one as an art teacher at a local school, but that hadn't lasted long; she couldn't stand the self-absorbed recklessness of children. [break][break]

After that, she'd gone from one mundane office job to another as an administrative assistance, fulfilling art commissions in her free time to keep her skills sharp. But it was the former that had led her to Mr. Roche's office in the first place. [break][break]

If she'd learned anything in the past ten years, it was how to keep an office running from behind the scenes. If she could do that, surely she could do the same for a single man. And for better pay, no less. [break][break]

"My mother taught me always to arrive early so I could take stock of a place," Sasha admitted, maintaining a pleasant tone despite the pain of the memory. "She never liked being caught unaware, and neither do I." [break][break]

As much as she hated thinking about her mother, it was the truth. And most employers valued honesty from their employees.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission | outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".sasha1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

He/Him
June 23
Varies
Demisexual
Philanthropist
Civilian
awards
23 posts
Colin Roche DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @colin
Colin Roche
Golden Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 1:02:29 GMT
Colin Roche Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

Mr. Roche gave an appreciative chuckle, a single monosyllabic huff of amusement at Sasha's response, though his eyes continued scanning over the document before him rather than moving up to meet her.
[break][break]
"I can appreciate the sentiment," he murmured. Indeed he could - if he'd prepared any more for this interview, he'd have a dossier detailing what the woman had had for breakfast before arriving.
[break][break]
Satisfied, he closed the folder with one hand, placed it on the desk, and slid it across the polished surface toward Sasha. Lacing his fingers together, he leaned forward in his seat slightly, his bright eyes finally bringing his full attention toward her. "Good morning, officially, Miss Huang."
[break][break]
She didn't seem fazed by him beyond the normal discomforts of a job interview, which meant she was either underinformed about who exactly he was, or dealt well with accomplishing a given task at hand. Given her behavior thus far, he'd bet good money on the latter.
[break][break]
"You've been through some screening interviews at this point, so I won't bore you with the semantics. You've been told who I am, you've been told what the position is, and we'll get to the boring bits. I'll ask predictable questions, you'll give predictable answers, and we'll reach a predictable outcome."
[break][break]
He laughed at this, though the mirth didn't reach his eyes. "I'm more interested in what exactly brings you here. A personal assistant position of this caliber isn't the usual calling for an arts major. Just filling the time until you make a name for yourself?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
19 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
Golden Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 13:14:36 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

Sasha's head bobbed in small nods as Mr. Roche spoke. His comment about predictable questions, answers, and outcomes gave her pause, however. They were her first indication that the usual interview process bored him, and so would the usual candidates. [break][break]

His follow-up question was obviously intended to ascertain her true motivations. Thankfully, her past employers had asked similar questions, so she had an answer prepared. [break][break]

"If I wanted to make a name for myself, I would have chosen a different program to study," she answered honestly. "Over the past ten years, I've learned what it means for me to have satisfying work. Art is something just for me, but my work supports others." [break][break]

And anyway, office work provided a consistent salary, schedule, and benefits. She didn't have to worry about the next commission payment or deal with ignorant would-be customers who didn't understand time, labor, and skill costs.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission | outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

He/Him
June 23
Varies
Demisexual
Philanthropist
Civilian
awards
23 posts
Colin Roche DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @colin
Colin Roche
Golden Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 18:33:03 GMT
Colin Roche Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

Roche surveyed the woman as she spoke, offering nothing more than a slight twitch of his lips at her response. Not quite as banal as he might have expected, but nearly as predictable as he'd foretold. Were prospective hires the same everywhere? Spare him.
[break][break]
"This work will certainly be supporting a great many others," he agreed, "Myself foremost among them. It is a demanding role, but I can assure you the compensation is commensurate with the work. You don't seem the type to let a hurdle or two stop you, am I correct?"
[break][break]
Of course he's correct, he's been reading people for far too long at this stage of the game.
[break][break]
Leaning back in his seat, he rolled his shoulders experimentally, gratified by the softly audible 'pop' of the persistent ache that had been plaguing him all morning releasing itself. With a grateful smile, he turned his attention more fully to the woman before him, lifting an eyebrow.
[break][break]
"Shall we entertain a what-if? Presume I am to attend a shareholder meeting at the Slateport office at ten o'clock. En route, a security breach is detected at the Mauville branch, and news arrives that my mother is on her deathbed." He pursed his lips thoughtfully, as though to determine whether this highly unlikely series of events presented enough conflict for one period.
[break][break]
"What would your course of action be to assist me?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
19 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
Golden Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 14:15:41 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

Sasha's brow furrowed at the hypothetical scenario Mr. Roche presented. She took a moment to consider the options before speaking. [break][break]

The average person might drop everything to see their mother one last time before she died. However, CEOs had notorious reputations for ruthlessness. Who was to say that a man such as cared for his parents in the first place? Sasha was certain, though, that he cared about his company. [break][break]

"This shareholder meeting is your top priority," she answered at last. "However, it is imperative that you have the latest information about the security breach, because if your shareholders catch wind of it, then they will have questions. Ones that you must be fully confident to answer, even if that answer is a deflection or redirection. Of course, I'll stay on top of providing you with those updates." [break][break]

She took a deep breath and clasped her hands in her lap so they wouldn't tremble. [break][break]

"As for your mother… Of course, I would arrange for her comfort during her final moments. But you can't be distracted with even a video call until the meeting is over, so that's out of the question." [break][break]

Sasha paused, pursing her lips in thought. [break][break]

"Flowers and a card would be frivolous for a dying person, but the gesture might distract her from the fact that you aren't on your way, so I would have some delivered. And whether you go depends entirely on the outcome of the meeting and how IT is handling the security breach." [break][break]

Finally, she fell silent, waiting with bated breath for her evaluation.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission | outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

He/Him
June 23
Varies
Demisexual
Philanthropist
Civilian
awards
23 posts
Colin Roche DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @colin
Colin Roche
Golden Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 14:03:18 GMT
Colin Roche Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

Mr. Roche canted his head slightly as he patiently allowed the woman to work through her answer to his scenario, not a whit of emotion glossing across his features. While the sequence of events he'd presented was, in some aspects, far-fetched, it certainly was no rare thing to have unexpected crises occur, and where most in this position had failed him boiled down to being unable to prioritize correctly.
[break][break]
As she concluded, a faint, mirthless smile touched his lips. "Well-reasoned," he allowed, "But if it helps, my mother has been dead for nearly the past decade, and we shall all hope she stays that way."
[break][break]
He surveyed Sasha for a long moment, his bright eyes seeming to pierce through her, such was their focus. He seemed less contemplative and more assessing, and it seemed that if he looked any harder he might very well be able to assess the very core of her being. Suddenly, he flipped the folder in front of him closed and slid it across the desk toward her with his fingertips, then waved his hand dismissively.
[break][break]
"You'll suit," he drawled. "HR will be in touch with an offer letter and your compensation package by close of business. You'll start tomorrow, seven A.M., this office."
[break][break]
His demeanor abruptly shifted - he became more animated, more dynamic, more lazily fluid in his movements, and offered her a sly wink. "I'll give you a late start for your first day."
[break][break]
Rising from his seat, he circled around his chair to pluck his jacket from the claw-footed coat rack standing unobtrusively in the corner and shrugged it on with practiced ease, smoothing the lapels absently. "I'm afraid I'm off to my next engagement, but Simon can show you out." The butler, likely. He swanned to a smaller door at the side of the room - not the main entryway - and cracked it open. When he smiled at her, dazzling and bright, it seemed almost a completely different person from the one who sat opposite her at the desk.
[break][break]
"Oh, and congratulations."
[break][break]
The door snicked shut with a soft click, and Sasha was alone.

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
19 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
Golden Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 13:41:50 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

Mr. Roche's compliment, however restrained, was enough to reassure Sasha that she hadn't completely fucked up her answer. It granted her enough courage to meet his gaze as he assessed her, despite feeling like his violet eyes were boring a hole through her very soul. [break][break]

And then, just like that, she was hired. [break][break]

"Oh—yes, of course. Thank you, Mr. Roche," she stammered, flustered by the suddenness of his decision. Still, she could not help the relief that washed over her and the warmth that flushed her cheeks. [break][break]

Only when he had disappeared through a side door did the meaning of his words register in her mind. [break][break]

Seven a.m. is a late start? she wondered as she picked up her résumé and started toward the main entrance of his office. It opened before she could reach it, and a man in a butler's livery stood in the doorway expectantly. [break][break]

"Hello," Sasha said to him, her smile a mix of relief and nervousness. "You must be Simon. May name is—" [break][break]

But then he turned and stalked away, obviously expecting her to follow. Feeling flustered once more, she jogged to catch up with him.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission | outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Golden Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 4:49:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: