mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
80 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
blue wild west [m]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 19:10:12 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
It's ... really a bit suspicious, but frankly, Fenelle couldn't recall a time where Gramps Théo hasn't been suspicious, so all's well in the world. This also, in fact, makes him the best grandfather one could ever wish for.

Even if it may threaten your life at times.

How did you know where Kyogre's gonna be? dee asks as they settle on Théo's boat that rushes out of Slateport into the wide ocean. It's a simple errand, busywork, that dee and Sai have been sent to, but dee doesn't particularly mind. It's always nice spending some time with der sibling, and Théo, too.

Théo who, right now, doesn't give a reply, and just wiggles his eyebrows knowingly.

Let's hope you're right. Dee turns to Sailor then, asking, I don't think there'll be any change, do you?

close tab

played by

bear

sai
they/them
twenty-one
october 22nd
sootopolis city
ace-flux
p(r)etty thief / con artist
grunt
happily single
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailor
Sailor de Laurierwylle
blue wild west [m]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 22:58:50 GMT
Sailor de Laurierwylle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","saipost"]
[attr="class","text"]

As usual, their grandfather was being cryptic and Sailor merely rolled their eyes (with fondness, because Théo was one of the few family members that they liked) and they joined Fen. Obstagoon sat nearby, arms crossed as usual but he seemed to enjoy watching the waves going by so Sailor didn't disturb him.[break][break]
"Change? I hope not." Sailor replied to Fen with a shrug. They hoped this was going to be a simple job. Go there, check on Kyogre or whatever, and then come back again. They were making good progress towards their destination, and Sai glanced over at their Grandpa.[break][break]
Next to him was his prize-winning Skunktank, "What do you think?" They signed at Fen, their gaze dropping back to their sibling.[break][break]
Sai couldn't even recall another grunt taking about checking on Kyogre so that had to be a good sign, they hoped, "Hopefully there's no League busybodies here today, either."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

sai hopes for an easy mission haha.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.saipost]--accent:#cc87a9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.saipost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
80 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
blue wild west [m]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 17:03:56 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
The collection of pokémon on board is truly nasty, and dee grins for a faint moment before der attention is drawn back to Sailor, who's very obviously hoping for an easy mission. Well, it probably would be easy - dee can't imagine that they'd sent out two no-names to check on the legendary if it actually was likely that there had been any kind of progress. I think some changes would be interesting, but it's unlikely.

Dee also nods to Théo subtlely, who, for once, seems to be focused on the waves. I think Gramps would've teased something ... but it's also like him to just throw us in. Unless the change would be rapid.

At the mention of League busybodies, dee frowns, shaking der head. Gods, I hope not. They really can't mind their own damn business. Just gotta be everywhere, will you? However, there is a faint smirk on der face. But well, darkness always's there.

The water is brillant today - a clear day, with no clouds above, or not a great deal. Dee has diligently applied sunscreen, and now also puts on some sunglasses to shelter against the unhindered sun. Still, the large shadow in the distance is unmistakenable. We're here.

close tab

played by

bear

sai
they/them
twenty-one
october 22nd
sootopolis city
ace-flux
grunt
happily single
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailor
Sailor de Laurierwylle
blue wild west [m]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 23:42:21 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","saipost"]
[attr="class","text"]

If their grandfather was aware of their conversation, he didn't show it on his face and seemed wholly focused on the waves. Sailor snorted. Listen, it was kinda cute when their gramps got excited or hyperfocused on stuff like this.[break][break]
"Yeah it's hard to tell with him sometimes but he'll have our back if things get hairy too." Sailor smiled at Fen and ruffled der hair a bit too, knowing dee might take revenge for it.[break][break]
They nodded as Fen signed about the League idiots -- hard agree. But soon they were where they needed to be and Théo slowed the boat down. He didn't drop the anchor or cut the engine (he wasn't stupid) but kept them idling. "You kids do what you gotta do. I'm here if we need a quick getaway." His signing was very basic, so Sailor filled in for him for Fen's sake.[break][break]
Sailor rose and went to the bow of the boat, "What are we supposed to be looking for any-- Shit." Kyogre breached the water not too far from their boat and Sai froze. It was incredibly humbling to see a legendary Pokémon in the flesh but they were glad to see Kyogre didn't seem to have any interest in them.[break][break]
For now.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

enter kyogre.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.saipost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".saipost .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
80 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
blue wild west [m]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 20:23:43 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
As Sai goes to ruffle der hair, Fen looks at them with feigned indignation, puffing their cheeks a bit. Dee ponders going for a direct counter-attack, but saves it for later - there'd be a good opportunity for the patient.

They are far out to meet the legendary of the sea - so far that it seems like right now, they might be the only ones on the entire world. Dee nods, taking out der phone - now tied to a chain attached to their jeans - to refresh der memory on the smallest details of the Kyogre from the last time Rocket's updated their data on it.

Dee then follows Sai to the bow, their phone ready to snap pictures - and oh. Oh well shit. It's massive, and exudes an aura of power that is oppressive even if it's still some ways off. Dee forgets der task immediately, just staring at the pokémon. Of course Rocket would want it.

Forcing demself to snap out of it, dee also shakes Sai's arm, then starts taking a few pictures, while also scanning for any new development that could be seen with the eye ... ... but speaking of eye, that one's now directed at them. Alarmed, dee turns to Sai, before turning to Théo, then Morgrem. That should be enough, right? Even with der back turned to it, dee believes to see the bright lights of ... Origin Pulse.

close tab

played by

bear

sai
they/them
twenty-one
october 22nd
sootopolis city
ace-flux
grunt
happily single
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailor
Sailor de Laurierwylle
blue wild west [m]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 20:33:42 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","saipost"]
[attr="class","text"]

Sai did notice that Fenelle hadn't retaliated immediately, so now they needed to be on their guard for later.[break][break]
It seemed Fen was as awestruck by Kyogre, and it did take Sailor a moment to recover as well. While Fen handled the photos, Sailor started a voice recording for their records (which they would write up a transcript for later), "Kyogre has breached the water in front of us. It seems as though it hasn't been disturbed by any League trainers, and there are no noticeable, visual differences from our last records. The Legendary Pokémon seems uninterested... It's looking at us." [break][break]
The Rotom phone continued to record, "Grandpa, time to leave." Théo started the engines again and Sailor stumbled backwards, catching themself on a seat nearby, "Kyogre is following us in its sight but it hasn't moved... Wait, there are orbs of light appeared in the surrounding water. Oh Arceus, I think it's--" The first beam of light just missed their boat but Sailor was of the opinion that it was a warning shot.[break][break]
They dropped their phone, which would continued to record what happened next.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

c: uhoh.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
80 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
blue wild west [m]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 18:09:50 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
Fenelle is prepared for the ride to suddenly get bumpy. Dee shoots a brief glance at Morgrem, who already has hair wrapped around the railing, too, but also stares at Fenelle with a look that clearly says I'm out of my depths here, what the hell? To be fair, dee has done a pretty poor job briefing the Morgrem which is entirely der fault.

Probably also genes, if dee thinks about Théo.

... wait they aren't blood-related.

Der stream of consciousness is interrupted as the boat lungs forward, and dee quickly takes a seat and buckles up. There's no real room to sign, with der hands still occupied to committing the sudden outburst of Origin Pulse. One light orb missed them, but just like Sai, Fen doesn't think that's the end of it. Still, dee doesn't stop taking pictures rapidly as the legendary roars, seemingly disturbed by their presence - or maybe by something else? Dee has heard it's still battling with itself, too, after The Boss has done something to it ...

However, dee is forced quickly to let der phoen slip out of der hands and focus on holding on as Théo drives the boat - wait, he's driving away, right?! Dee, stronger than intended in confusion and panic, taps (hits) Sai's shoulder, then points at Théo with an incredulous look. It's the shorthand for What the hell is Gramps doing?!

close tab

played by

bear

sai
they/them
twenty-one
october 22nd
sootopolis city
ace-flux
grunt
happily single
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailor
Sailor de Laurierwylle
blue wild west [m]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 7:27:26 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","saipost"]
[attr="class","text"]

"This ain't my first rodeo, kids!" Théo let out a cackle and Sailor would have commented on how strange those words sounded coming from a man with a heavy Kalos accent if not for, well, the life or death situation they were in.[break][break]
Instead of reversing the boat, they were going forward and Sailor looked at Fen in confusion, "I have no idea what he's doing." Sailor signs before picking up their phone. It's fine and still recording.[break][break]
Gramps steered the boat around the Kyogre and Sai had to admit it was sort-of clever. They could move around it faster than it could turn, but it was doing its best to track them. Another beam of light shot through the water and narrowly missed them again.[break][break]
Sailor wouldn't help but feel they were being toyed with.[break][break]
They shrugged, sighed and continued narrating, "We are currently circling the Kyogre while it shoots more beams of light at us -- Origin Pulse. We seem to have a slight advantage with speed but it won't take long for the Legendary to catch up." Sai shot their grandpa a look... Théo was having the time of his life, "Yeehaw!"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

c: uhoh.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
80 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
blue wild west [m]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 7:56:17 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
Fenelle quickly is taken out of the state of shock by having to react to Théo's absolutely wild shenanigans. For some reason, Gramps steers the boat towards Kyogre, and it seems like his spoken words also aren't helpful either to figure out what his plans are, given Sai's signs.

I'm just glad Origin Pulse isn't a continuous beam- I GUESS? dee signs, before being shaken by yet another miss that causes huge waves in the water, resulting in their boat also being pushed off-course. But Théo is truly the best captain that dee knows, as he still seems to maintain control of the boat, steering it ever so steadily at fullspeed towards the legend.

Dee sees Sai's lips constantly moving, so they're still narrating ... well, better give some visual material to work with, too. Dee starts taking pictures again. And through the camera lens, dee sees that they were getting closer, and closer ... Dee taps Sai. Don't tell me he wants to jump. As soon as dee signs, that's ... that's definitely gotta be Gramps' plan, right?

Dee squints.

Where the hell did he get a cowboy hat. Dee is too much in disbelief to phrase it like a question.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights