March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[M][C/Caleb] Tale of the Forty Thievul
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 8:06:09 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
TO: (shalin.nariya@hoennrangers.gov)
CC: (caleb.harcourt@hoennrangers.gov)
MISSION: "Tale of the Forty Thievul"
PROTOCOL: Capture
DANGER: ★★☆☆☆

(Ticket #40491 has been closed and merged into this ticket. Please see linked ticket for further details.)

A Shiny Thievul of great size has escaped its handler in north Oldale Town and has fled to Route 102 after an altercation between the handler and their significant other scared the unleashed Pokémon away from its rural residence. The altercation escalated to the point where the Thievul's Poké Ball was crushed. Your mission is to return the Thievul to its rightful owner. Tracking the Thievul will be made easier through a RFID chip in its collar.

Your objectives are as follows:

A) Locate and capture the Thievul.
B) Return the Thievul to its rightful owner in Oldale Town.

Please see attachment for the owner's coordinates and the RFID frequency for tracking the Thievul.

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

With the Rangers being able to track the Thievul's position in real time, recapturing the fox Pokémon should be simple in theory. "With the two of us searching for your Thievul, we'll do everything we can to get them back, I promise!" Shalin assured the worried, young couple before turning around. While her Flygon-themed SYGNA SUIT was inert, it still made her stand out, its scales glinting in the overhead sun.

Thievul were a tricky species, and this one may have been dangerous, as well. There were no notes on the ticket explicitly requiring minimal casualties. While they weren't free to brutalize Pokémon, what with being Rangers and conservationists, it set the expectations that combat might not be avoidable, and was authorized if it meant making the capture.

When she was a safe distance from the couple, Shalin clicked open a Poké Ball, taking a seat on the back of her Type: Null, Lathiel. The legendary normal-type had tracking capabilities as sensitive as the most keen cat and dog Pokémon. She was surprisingly well-behaved for her species, known to lash out against their trainers. "Captain Shalin Nariya of Rustboro," she introduced herself to Caleb. "I read the briefing a few times, and I get the feeling this will be a lot more trouble than a simple retrieval ticket should be. You get that feeling too?"

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Lathiel       Type: Null     Good
Saria         Venusaur       Good
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     Good
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
647 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 2:14:35 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

cut an impressive - and, Caleb had to admit, rather flashy - figure, as she sat atop her Type:Null in her glittering, scaled Sygna Suit. He'd never worked with her before, but he'd heard her name plenty of times. She exuded an aura of professionalism, but not in an intimidating way. It made Caleb straighten up a bit, all the same, when she addressed him.[break][break]
"Thievul are annoying," he sighed, remembering a particularly mischievous one he'd known in the past. "They can be real tricksters. So yeah, I suppose we shouldn't go into this thinking it will be easy."[break][break]
He released Lyra and hopped up onto her back. She wouldn't be quite as speedy on land as Shaylin's mount, but he felt most comfortable dealing with unknowns when she was by his side.[break][break]
"You scout ahead, I'll follow behind on my Lapras," he told Shaylin. "I'll cover you if we run into any trouble."[break][break]
He wondered vaguely what the Ranger Captain's Sygna Suit was capable of; most of his first-hand experience with the technology came from spending time around , and he'd only recently started seriously considering the idea of commissioning one for himself.[break][break]
They connect with a Pokemon, he knew. He supposed he'd get to see hers in action at some point during their mission.

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".calebtest8"]--accent:#3ad1e1;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 18:48:49 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Thievul were tricky. There was a reason it was one of the few fox Pokémon she had not yet attempted to capture and saddle. Caprice was cantankerous when she became reunited with Shalin, and she remembered Letheia's powerful bucking at the bottom of the Crystal Trench. Even now, the Alolan Ninetales' most powerful thrusts hurt a little. It was still worth the thrill of a Ninetales rodeo, but when she threw her weight right under where Shalin sat, could that ever sting.

"Were you at the Ranger meeting where they distributed 's technology? If you put the RFID frequency into the HoloWear, you would be able to track it more easily," Shalin suggested as Lathiel traveled ahead of Caleb and Lyra, booting up the app that let her track their target. She steered the Type: Null toward the signal. "Might want to have a disabling Pokémon handy, too. I don't think the Thievul will let us get close, either." Certainly not close enough for her to jump on it and rodeo the dark-type to exhaustion... if the Thievul was even big enough for her to do so.

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
647 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 2:48:30 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

Holowhat?[break][break]
Caleb tried not to let the confusion show on his face. If he had been at that Ranger meeting, he had most certainly been zoning out. Need to pay closer attention, he chastised himself, feeling suddenly embarrassed for his lack of knowledge.[break][break]
Well, it wasn't his fault he'd been captured by Rocket and all that. Life had been...difficult, lately.[break][break]
"A disabling Pokemon..." He considered his options. Lyra lumbered along after Shalin and her Type: Null, craning her neck in both directions to try and spot any suspicious Pokemon activity.[break][break]
"I've got some electric types that can paralyze," he noted. "If you think that would be helpful..."[break][break]
A rustling ahead caught his attention, and he motioned for Lyra to slow down and approach with a measure of caution.

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".calebtest8"]--accent:#3ad1e1;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 5, 2024 7:42:21 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Electric-types were perfect. Shalin didn't have many of them; those were her Gym Leader friend's specialty. Activating the HoloWear and scanning for Thievul energy signatures, the device didn't return any nearby. It seemed like their quarry was still quite distant. "That will work wonderfully," Shalin nodded. "Being able to slow it down will make it much easier to trap it. Then we can get it re-captured and transferred back to its proper owner."

After traveling a short distance, the glasses manufactured by 's company returned a signal. Though it didn't confirm that it was the Thievul they were looking for, a Thievul was nearby. "We're getting closer," Shalin whispered as she slowed her Type: Null to a walk out of need for stealth. If she had the opportunity to, she would ambush the fox from above and mount it, fighting the Pokémon until it was tuckered out. She doubted the terrain even allowed for the height difference needed; after all they were in a forest far from the Rusturf Mountain Range.

{PC: 3}

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights