WRITE REPLY

S is for Secret, Between You and I (Social)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 20:56:02 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

He understood why they were all fussing over him, he had almost just gotten bitten in half by the coreless jaws of the Titan that he so coveted, but he wasn't use to it. So he was in his office on the couch, he had managed to wrap himself up in gauze to at least deal with the worst of the wounds which were the cracked ribs, and the lacerations from being bitten by it. So he was now on his couch with a cold towel on his head, and praying to all of creation that the pain medication would kick in shortly. After a few days he had hoped that it would get better, but it hadn't, and he hated it. So he had been forced by his trio of Nebula Agents to stay in his office until he healed.

So he just stay here, he had already told Walter what had happened so the Elderly Butler wasn't worried at least not to much, and had been visiting him when they weren't busy which he was grateful for. So when he wasn't wallowing in pain he had just been reading files on all the grunts, there were more of them than he thought, and so many that he wasn't familiar with in the slightest, but he wanted to learn about them should he have to work with them. A baseline of information was important for such a thing, and so that is what he was doing. It was during this research that he had discovered something curious.

Something that made him feel ill at ease....Normally he wouldn't pay it much mind, he'd ignore it say that he was being to paranoid, and the like. But his gut rarely failed him, and so he was just mulling over his options on how to handle it while he waited for Makoto's visit.

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
Fox tails hidden under wedding dresses
awards
571 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 23:48:27 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
The days after the incident up on Mt Pyre had been... Interesting. Certainly, nothing in these past days could top 'your boss had managed to temporarily summon the draconic jaws of a deific pokemon and nearly got bitten in half in the process'... But there was still the question of actually making sure that said boss was healing, and not getting any crazy ideas that'd possibly lead to him reopening the stitches and like.

Which was part of the reason for these visits. Around noon each day, Makoto would arrive with some lunch for the both of them and check in on him. To make sure the meds were doing their job, to make sure nothing was infected (though they had to wonder whether a tera-manifested set of bony jaws would really have the germs and bacteria of an actual mouth,) and so on.

(In truth, they didn't really like going to the submarine - everything felt so much more restrictive and closed-in, here. Perhaps due to the Pressure of Lugia's occasional presence in the waters outside? But, they still would visit as always.)

Today was no different from the prior. A short while past twelve, there would be a knock at the office door - polite and professional as always. And as always, once invited in, Makoto would have a couple bags with takeout for the both of them.

Makoto was a little surprised to see Amor going through some files on the grunts in the syndicate - most of the surprise being just that they were used to him focusing on other paperwork. Such as the reports for the whole Regidrago situation, for instance. This was different, though...

... But all the same - even if their gaze briefly drifted to see if they recognized any of the people the files were on - Amor himself was the focus today. "Good afternoon; how are you feeling, sir?" They'd ask, just as routine as everything else about their visits. "I got us our usual." They'd set the bag down on one of the empty spots on the table, working to unpack the two's food.

At their side, Tsukiko followed - her tails swishing eagerly. She would already be readying a Wish for Amor - to try and help him feel better - her illumina markings taking on that characteristic shimmer. (And perhaps, if she was really cute about it, the two of them would give her a bite of their lunches!)
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 18:28:41 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

The food smelled good even though he knew it was bad for his body, he would just have to workout twice as hard when he recovered to get back on track. Still he didn't complain, and it tasted delightful.

"You're wonderful Makoto...." He praised them honestly, and he sat up with a grimace on his face for a moment before he let it fade. Normally he'd put a shirt on, but the fabric agitated his wounds, so he locked himself up in his office where no one would be able to see his very scarred body. In fact was the only person he had ever willingly shown them too. had seen them in the nightmare, so it hadn't been choice, but he trusted Makoto enough that he didn't mind. They had proved invaluable to him, and whether they knew it or not they were seeing a rare sight.

Aside from the jaw marks, there was a fresh looking cut from a sword across his chest from one . There were a dozen or so faded blade like cuts all over his arms, and torso from either training, or Palkia's Spatial Rend when it tried to erase him, and a dozen others from existence. Along his shoulder curving onto his back were large claw marks that looked as if they belonged to a canine like pokemon. All in all, his physique did not fit the typical narrative for one who was suppose to practice science.

"I feel alright, the medicine is at least making it possible for me to walk around the office....Hopefully in a few days I'll be able to wear a shirt without pain, and leave...." He smiled at them wryly. "I hope I'm not to much of a nuisance keeping you from your normal day to day duties? If anyone complains, just tell them I need you...." Of course he'd said this before, but he didn't want them to get into trouble.

Seeing the Alolan Ninetails he smiled as the Wish worked his magic, and further soothed his pain, and eased along the healing of his wounds. The pair were very thougthful, and he was more than thankful for it.

"Anything interesting happen while I'm locked away in here for the time being?"

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
571 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 6:33:52 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
As always, the praise made their heart flutter and warm in a way that had their cheeks flushing as well. Makoto, however, did their best to keep a straight face at it all - even if they felt bashful deep down. "I don't know if food delivery is that amazing," They murmured - half to themself.

They were a bit more used to Amor being shirtless and the presence of his scars by now, given their prior visits the past few days... But all the same, it didn't do much to help that aforementioned bashfulness - Amor was attractive, undeniably so. And all the same, it did not necessarily deter the vague inklings of curiosity that would arise as they glanced to a few of the more distinctive scars.

It was no secret to them by now that Amor was a bit of a maniac in the face of danger; but they couldn't help but wonder where some of those scars came from.

As Amor spoke though, Makoto nodded along. "It's fine, sir; I haven't run into any trouble." They responded simply; which was true. Getting around quickly wasn't too hard with Kuro's Phantom Force - a trick that they endeavored to teach him thanks to 's Dhelmise - and they had a feeling their status as a part of Team Nebula gave them some freedom to focus more on Nebula-related tasks, rather than their usual thievery and smuggling.

Which, helping care for one of the two Head Scientists that were part of the team was probably a notable enough task, they figured.

The question of anything interesting happening, though, would have them hum. "Since I'm here on the submarine more often... I've tried out the RKS Simulation a couple of times with another Rocket member. It's been... Interesting, for certain." They spoke, thinking back to the chaos that they had faced with . "I... Actually think one of the scenarios it shows would be of interest to you; I saw a pokemon of the same species as Erebus."

They weren't sure if the Deoxys was Erebus, or if there were multiple of its kind out there - but there was no doubt that they were of kindred species either way.
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 22:47:05 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"You don't know how strict my diet usually is...." He explained to them, as he began to devour his food. It was true, Amor was not blessed with this physique, he had earned it through blood, sweat, and tears. It sucked sometimes, but he needed it. He set aside a few bites for the Ninetails as a treat, and thanks for healing him over these past few days, and gave it a wink. It could take them when it wanted to.

Upon hearing of their travels in the RKS he listened intently he had heard something similar from , and was planning to do a dive here shortly with to see exactly that same scenario. "I see....You're the second person to tell me that....But it's good to know that it isn't a fluke. I'll be checking it out here shortly." He expressed to them with an easy smile as he nommed his food happily. There was discomfort, but it wasn't as unbearable as it had been.

"Mmmmm I have a mission for you....If you're up for it, but it has to be top secret. No one is allowed to know about it. Not even the Underbosses." He said to them easily with a smile on his lips. Though he was sure if he explained the situation to , and they would both be understanding. He couldn't be sure with , but he was willing to deal with them. This had to be dealt with absolutely secrecy lest he alert his target.

"Tell me do you know of another grunt by the name of ?" Came the question, because if they did know this person he wanted to get as much information about them as humanly possible. Perhaps he was just being paranoid, but then again....He was also rarely wrong.

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
571 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 2:37:37 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Score! Tsukiko's tails would practically vibrate with excitement as she saw the food nudged aside for her - and she made no attempt to be sneaky, as she snatched up her treat. Yumyumyum!

Makoto couldn't help a faint smile at this - and they'd lightly poke Tsukiko on the nose. "You're gonna get fat, if you keep eating human food." They spoke with lighthearted humor. They honestly didn't mind Tsukiko having little snacks like this as long as she didn't make herself sick... But at the same time, all things in moderation.

Tsukiko, in response, would blow a raspberry at Makoto - playful yet cheeky as always.

Makoto simply sighed with that same smile, before glancing back to Amor and nodding. "If it's of any interest to you, my runs through the simulation were with another scientist, . Maybe the two of you would get along?" If anything, perhaps she'd be able to handle his eccentricities better than they can.

But, then came a change in subject - that of a mission of upmost secrecy. Makoto blinks a bit - somewhat caught off guard with how casually he spoke of what otherwise sounded pretty damn serious, if even the Underbosses weren't meant to hear of it. Was Amor really allowed to hide things from the Underbosses like that? It seemed like it'd get him in trouble - as well as them, if they ended up questioned about it.

However, as Amor asks about a particular grunt... "... No, he doesn't ring a bell to me, sir." They responded; they tended to keep to themself in the organization for the most part (less out of any actual aversions, and more out of just general shyness.) It was just by a stroke of fate that they ended up able to bond with sorts like Amor, , or (and they were honestly happy to have such bonds.)
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 15:56:42 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

He would take note of that name, and perhaps seek them out for some ventures in the future then. If Makoto was introducing him to someone then he was sure that they would be worth his time. Filing that away he got back to the heart of the matter, and smiled at them. It was fair if they hadn't heard of them, they were a recent transfer in from another region. However that didn't matter since they had piqued his interest.

"I see....I'm sure you're well aware that yourself, and I are outliers within Rocket....In regards to killing that is, it's why I prefer to use Beeheeyem, and it was why I told you about how I do things....Killing is a messy affair....However I have no doubt that I could do it, and of course if you were left with no choice I know you could do it as well." Amor had absolute faith in them, because he had chosen them. "But remember that we are the exception not the rule....So when I come across files of another who vehemently refuses to kill....It makes me raise my brow...." There was plenty to be suspicious of, and if anything Amor was a borderline paranoid person. He would take extreme measures if needed.

"So....I want you to spy on them, gather intel....I've picked out a few missions I want you to undertake with them....All of these missions require the target to be 'dealt' with....At least on paper....Feel free to take my Beeheeyem, and erase their memories, leave them a vegetable whatever is required....However is not to know that. He is to think you are there to kill these people....I want to know how he reacts, what he says....Everything." His eyes narrowed at Makoto deadly serious. "Do you understand? This mission is of the upmost importance, and the less people who know about it the better....I don't want him to get put on guard."

He felt that they would understand, but he wanted to drive it home regardless.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights