pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
crawling back to you
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 4:41:02 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A few careful knocks on 's office door to let the other know he was there.[break][break]

Tempest crosses the room quietly- setting down a takeout tin of chorizo toastadas, a bundle of cheap corner store late-night flowers (mostly daisies, mostly odd colors), and a a cheap bottle of wine in the corner of the blond's desk. He lingers for a moment, hand hovering over the back of his husband's chair. Usually, it would rest there confidently as Tempest would lean down to press a kiss to the other's temple. Now, he pauses before using that same hand to run through his messy hair.[break][break]

It's still bloody at the edges; only so much could be done in the resturaunt's bathroom to clean the grime from the mission away.[break][break]

"Told you I would bring you food." It's gentle, quiet in the stillness of the room. The words between the lines would be obvious to the other. I didn't leave you forever..[break][break]

"Are you alright to talk it out or should I go wait for a little longer?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crawling back to you
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 4:57:18 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian hears the front door open, knows from the lack of barking that it can only be his husband. The alert on his phone from the security cameras would have confirmed it, but instead his attention remains focused on the computer in front of him.[break][break]

Reports, paperwork, busy work. The sort of banal thing that was so often dreaded was the perfect distraction for an anxious mind.[break][break]

He doesn't flinch at the knock on the door. He'd heard the approaching footsteps down the hall. He does tense up some, unsure of what kind of mood that Temp would be in. He'd promised to come home. He hadn't promised he wouldn't leave again.[break][break]

Wheels glide across hardwood as Cillian shifts his chair back from the desk and casts an uncertain glance toward his husband.[break][break]

His lip twitches at the wine, the flowers. His stomach growls at the smell of food, though he doesn't think he could eat until his stomach has settled from all the nerves. It would be unfair of him to accost Temp about how long he'd been gone; it had only been a couple of hours. A reasonable amount of time to cool off. Cillian knew that the fear that had gripped him after that first hour was a product of trauma, that Temp couldn't be held responsible for that mental malfunction.[break][break]

But he'd still needed to get control of it, and thus he'd thrown himself into his work. He hadn't left the house, not wanting Temp to come home to an empty space any more than he'd wanted to languish in one.[break][break]

"Thanks." Clipped but not cold. "Yeah, we can talk."[break][break]

His feelings on the matter have not changed.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
crawling back to you
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 15:03:48 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

The silence stretches between the two of them. It's not as heavy as before. The oppressive nature feels different than when in anger; now it's like an awkward waiting. A fear of rejection that Tempest works very hard to quell. They would make it through this; they had made it through worse.[break][break]

"We both talk about how we felt and why were got so upset, then pick it apart?"[break][break]

Is offered as a solution to start. It feels stuck in his teeth. It's like a bandage that's ripped off; it still stings even if it doesn't hurt as bad as the slow peel.[break][break]

Tempest takes a deep breath and takes a step back. Leans against the wall by the desk to make himself a bit more comfortable.[break][break]

"I don't think you're an idiot, Cil. I just... worry about you. A lot." That settles oddly in his mouth. It's not enough. The words aren't enough.[break][break]

"We're both in a lot of danger all the time. You more than me, too. League vigilantes, power grubbers in Rocket, false gods, multidimensional assassins, then just the general danger of going out on high profile missions... I can't... do a lot about any of that. But I felt like with the Infinity Energy, maybe I could look into that? Just in case, so it makes me feel like I have more... I don't know. Control? Over something that could hurt you? Like I could stop it."[break][break]

At some point while he speaks, Tempest slots his hands together. Rubs self-soothing circles with his thumb against the opposite hand's palm. A nervous tick he doesn't use all that often anymore.[break][break]

"I get really scared. That I'll wake up one day and you'll just be gone to something so far out of my control I couldn't have ever tried to fight it. And then I'll be alone."[break][break]

Then, a very quiet admission in watery voice.[break][break]

"I'm really scared of being alone."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crawling back to you
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 15:36:17 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A curt nod. Consent.[break][break]

He listens without interruption as Tempest spills his heart into the room. Cillian's own is a heavy drumbeat in his chest.[break][break]

"Come here." Soft. Cillian uncrosses his arms, inviting into his space. He wraps scarred arms around his husband and rubs those same soothing circles into skin. A silent reassurance that for all of his fear, Temp wasn't alone. After a few minutes of simply sharing in the other's scent, the comfort of skin-to-skin contact, he says, "I get scared, too."[break][break]

Of being alone.[break][break]

"Of not being enough."[break][break]

His tears have dried by this point, but Temp would be able to feel the shakiness of Cillian's breath as he confronts those demons.[break][break]

"Emma didn't trust Avatarship, either." He does his best to never compare Temp to his exes, but it's important enough in this context for him to speak their names. "And Theo saw legends as tools, nothing more."[break][break]

Lugia had loathed them both. She had tolerated them, but he had felt that hate. She did not hate Temp, yet.[break][break]

"But it's a part of who I am, now. Maybe someday that'll change, maybe Lugia will leave me," and there's a tremulous note to his voice, revealing how much he feared that day, "but I'm never going to relinquish my power willingly. You know that." He takes a moment to compose himself, to sort through the fear and avoid a rambling tangent. Then, "I want to be strong, and I want to be worthy of that strength." He would never forget Lugia's words: I feel confident in my choice. In him. "You seemed so determined to find something wrong with something that makes me feel so secure."[break][break]

And he understands, now more than ever, that Temp comes from a place of fear. It's not that he resents his husband's blessings, but that he fears what they might do to him. That doesn't make it hurt much less.[break][break]

"I should have told you about the toxins. I wasn't keeping it from you intentionally." He stresses the words, willing Temp to believe him. "It's a recent thing, and it slipped my mind. It just felt like part of the job. I haven't been squirreled away in a room by myself drinking poison, or anything." A weak laugh, an attempt to deflect some of the tension with humour. "I've never been alone doing it," except that time he decided to eat one of the MOCHI, but he's convinced that was some other kind of compulsion, "and I've always had an antidote ready for emergencies. Theo would never let anything happen to me on his watch."[break][break]

He did not love the way he loved Temp, but he cared deeply for the other man and knew it was mutual.[break][break]

"And isn't stupid enough to try and kill me."[break][break]

He might resent , but he still respected her intelligence.[break][break]

"I've always documented what I've been doing, and who with, so that would know full-well who was responsible if I 'accidentally' overdosed. I really am trying to be safe about this."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
crawling back to you
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 5:03:22 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

opens his arms and Tempest moves to him. Like a magnet, he slides into the other's grip like he was meant to be there. The height difference makes it hard; Cillian sitting down (unless I misread) and Tempest standing. But it just allows him to sink his hands into the other's hair and massage his scalp with gentle nails. He wants to be closer, doesn't think even the nice office chair that Cillian has in here can handle both their weight.[break][break]

"You know I don't hate Lugia, right?" Because, at the end of the day, Tempest was actually pretty fond of her. Even if he disliked Legendary pokemon on principle- it was just that. The principle of it. "I'm happy that she has you. I don't think there could ever be anyone more worthy of her."[break][break]

The feelings were hard to parse. In doing his studies, tempest had seen so many types of relationships with people and their Legendary pokemon.[break][break]

"It's more... the mysticism around them. In my studies I keep hitting these brick walls, over and over. It makes me so frustrated and angry. People just don't care. They treat me like I'm crazy for even wanting to check it's safe. Most of the Avatars I've spoken with seemed half brainwashed; you're the only one who seems normal, and I think it's because Lugia isn't as malicious in her bond. She isn't as malicious and she's a Shadow Pokemon. The 'experts' just seem to want squeeze as use out of you guys as they can. Then the general outsider doesn't think they can do any wrong.[break][break]

"It's not really your powers, or Lugia, or your bond. I think it bothers me because, it something did happen, I don't think anyone would try to help you except for me. Because some people just look at you and see 'Lugia's Chosen' or 'The Harbinger' or 'Shadow Avatar'. They don't see the wonderful man I married and how much I love him. Or how strong he is on his own merit. Or how smart and capable he is. Or even how sexy."
[break][break]

Lowering his hand's from Cillian's hair, Tempest tries to cup the cheeks of the other man. He offers his own small smile and gently tries to push the other's cheeks together; give him 'fish lips' for just a moment before dropping his hands to the other's shoulders.[break][break]

"I don't hate what you have with Lugia, Cil. I hate how people treat the both of you. And maybe... part of it is because I don't know what Avatarship feels like properly. I can't imagine being so close with anything that isn't you."[break][break]

Of the matter of the toxins, Tempest files the apology on that away. He trusts him, heart and soul. Cillian wouldn't lie to him, so it must have been a mistake. But the worry it brings him is too much in the moment for the reassurances to leave his tongue.[break][break]

A small sigh.[break][break]

"I'm sorry I made you feel insecure about something that means so much to you. I really just thought I was helping. And I'm sorry we fought, too."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crawling back to you
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2024 19:45:14 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian doesn't give a damn about the chair. As soon as Tempest had drawn close enough, he'd drawn the other man down into his lap in spite of the seat's groan of protest. His eyes slip closed for a moment as Temp's nails scratch soothing paths along his scalp.[break][break]

Insecure. He hates that word. His lips purse around the thought of it.[break][break]

But Temp isn't wrong. That's what he was.[break][break]

Insecure.[break][break]

"The 'experts' can suck my dick," he says ineloquently, when at last he speaks. He'd opened his eyes when Temp squished his cheeks together, to give him an unimpressed look. "Maybe other people won't help me for the same reasons you would. Maybe they'd just help because I'm on their side and they can't afford to lose me. Same difference to me in the end; s'long as I make it through whatever happens, I don't really care why."[break][break]

A pause, realising how it might come across, softening it with, "But I do appreciate that you'd intervene out of love, and not for selfish reasons."[break][break]

He wonders if there's some kind of jealousy toward his bond with Lugia. Would he feel jealous, were their roles reversed? No, he didn't think so, because, "It's not necessarily a closeness? Avatarship, I mean. I love Lugia," and he stumbles slightly over the words as he says them for the first time aloud, cementing something that's only before been a feeling, "but it's like... it's not because I'm her Avatar. It's because she's saved my life, more than once, and because I've felt her pain, her fear... being her Avatar, it just feels like part of me. Like if you grew a third arm, you'd have to learn how to use it, sure, but it's yours."[break][break]

Of course, that metaphorical arm could be cut off should Lugia so choose, but he tries not to think about that.[break][break]

"I'm sorry we fought, too." He hates fighting. Hates the way his anxieties compound into a certainty that Temp, too, will abandon him. But loves that Temp has always come back. "I shouldn't have been so defensive about it. I think where I was so tired and strained from the mission, I didn't check my tone like I should've." An explanation, rather than an excuse. He's still sorry. "You didn't have all the details. I shouldn't have expected you to be cool with any of it without them."[break][break]

He lets out a slow breath. "I'll get tested again if I start feeling weird, or a few months out. If it makes you feel better. It's just... too soon, right now."[break][break]

He hated feeling like a lab rat.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
crawling back to you
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 5:51:30 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Okay." Tempest says, after a few longs seconds. Of digesting, of listening, of trying to memorize the sensation of 's heartbeat from this position.[break][break]

"I'm sorry I got so worked up over everything, too. You know I can get obsessive." For a moment, he glances away, brows furrowing as his cheeks deepen in blush. Tempest knew exactly how he could be. He also hated it. Feared it. The ghost of 's Z-move washed over him. Of sinking his teeth into Cillian's supple flesh with the intent for pain and not pleasure. Of feeling the life blood slide down the back of his throat like the most delicious of broths.[break][break]

It really made him hate himself.[break][break]

"What do you think if making your arm... do that?" Looking back, he pokes Cillian's arm like it might grow another head.[break][break]

Then, a small pause as if considering something. Tempest's face goes carefully, and suspiciously, blank.[break][break]

"What if you grow tentacles?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crawling back to you
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 4:37:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I know," is whispered back, soft.[break][break]

Sometimes it frightens him, like when the RVL app had offered an unwanted glimpse into the potential of his husband's psyche. Mostly, though, he was comforted to know that someone cared so much about him.[break][break]

Temp pokes his arm, and Cillian glances down at it. His veins are a soft blue beneath pale skin, no trace of the corruption they'd seen before.[break][break]

"Dunno," he admits with a shrug. "Same thing that made Lugia turn purple, I guess." He looks suddenly horrified. "Fuck, I hope I don't turn purple. Kinda cool when it's just the veins, but I don't wanna be a fuckin' cartoon."[break][break]

He'd never considered tentacles, either. Until now.[break][break]

"I don't... think... that would happen?" He smirks. "Bet you'd like it if I did, though. Wouldn't need rope, then." A sigh, before Cillian traces his fingers down Temp's arm and grabs his wrist. Possessive, tight, but not an unbreakable hold. "But we'll make do, hm? We've certainly had the practice."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
crawling back to you
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 4:47:08 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I dunno, I bet you would be cute if you were purple. Do you think you'd get her black stripe things? They do say that a person and their pokemon start to look alike after a while..." Tilting his head back, Tempest gave a soft grin. He pretended to examine 's face for some signs of the pigment changing, or the tentacles, or whatever else might be growing from him.[break][break]

It would be... hard. To course correct and not be _as_ obsessed. Tempest would still push forward in this, though. His research so far had been really promising. If they could stop even one League Avatar just once it would be a huge breakthrough.[break][break]

"I think I could handle anything you threw at me if you had them." Is said, kind of smug with a false innocence. Leaning in, Temp wastes no time in trying to sink his teeth into the flesh of Cil's shoulder. It's blocked off by clothes, a shame, and not truly enough to hurt too bad. It won't even leave any satisfying marks on the other beyond the indent of teeth for a few minutes.[break][break]

He follows this up by licking a stripe up Cillian's throat. Breaths hot breath against his ear.[break][break]

"I'm going to put your dinner in the fridge. I'm ready for my make-up sex, hot stuff."[break][break]

He catches the lobe between his teeth, plucking it taunt with a scrape. Disentangling himself from his husband and standing up, Tempest looks very pleased with himself as he goes to grab the still-closed takeout container.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights