Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON May 27, 2024 16:00:04 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest9"]
[attr="class","body"]

It was only after she'd confessed to the sin of acting autonomously - outside of the Rocket boss's command structure - that she realized just how much trust she had now placed upon the shoulders of .[break][break]
He could go to Walsh if he wanted, and become the very thing he'd suggested mere moments ago as the reason for her sequestered status. He was the only person she'd explained this to with such blatant disregard for Rocket's typical stance. The Underbosses knew she was intent on stopping the DRK Triad, and might be taking some liberties; Howard now knew that she was willing to risk Walsh's wrath to continue doing so.[break][break]
But Howard was not a snitch. He wasn't even really a Rocket, not at heart.[break][break]
He's like Parker. Circumstance. Opportunity. And what of love?[break][break]
"Even if it were a betrayal," she whispered softly. "I need to walk this path. If I don't, who will?"[break][break]
It was not a question she expected him to have an answer to.[break][break]
"Haven't made the connection yet?" She smiled, with an ironic quirking of her lips. She pointed a finger at the newspaper. "The League did not keep my secret."[break][break]
She paused.[break][break]
"I was very, very careful. Until I wasn't."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest9"]--accent:#d7eeff;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON May 27, 2024 18:43:29 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Even if she didn't expect him to answer, he did all the same. It was an answer that she needed to hear.

"You will walk this path because you have been chosen, and because it must be done." It was not a path that Howard would walk. He did not walk the path of heroism, because it was not meant for him. Howard didn't walk the path of reconciliation because he was a coward. Nomi was not. This was her journey. "Each generation must face their own trial. This is ours, and it is one you must shoulder. Alone, if necessary."

She would shoulder it without the aid of the Pokémon League. She had offered a ceasefire, and it had been blown up in her face. The pink haired woman that Howard had worked with was gone, and the woman before him was what remained of Naomi Sato.

"I'm sorry, Nomi."

What apology could he offer her that would lighten the load she carried? There was little that the admin could do but walk that path alongside her, but he couldn't.

He just couldn't.

"Hm." He peered at the HBIC article with a frown, his eye scanning the page. It couldn't be... There was only one member of the HBIC that interested Howard. "Of course."

He threw down the paper in disgust. His voice reeked of contempt and scorn.

"Her."

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON May 27, 2024 20:00:33 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

He wasn't apologizing because of the danger; wasn't apologizing because she'd experienced loss; wasn't apologizing because she was temporarily trapped in her own home staring down the barrel of a gun called "a ruined public image."[break][break]
He was apologizing because he could not help her.[break][break]
"It's okay," she told him, so very tenderly, even though it wasn't. She did forgive him, though. Easily. He had a different part to play in the tragedy that was destined to be their collective sacrifice, and she did not hold that against him.[break][break]
"Yes, her."[break][break]
The vitriol lacing his words as he verbalized the revelation did not surprise her; the Coveted was responsible for many a Rocket vendetta.[break][break]
"I'd been avoiding her, because of what she is - touched by ruination, I knew she would be one of the more difficult I'd need to convince. But she got wind of what I was doing, and tricked me into appearing."[break][break]
A flash of hatred crossed over her delicate features - for the Councilwoman or herself? She had been careless, in the end.[break][break]
"She threatened me, Howard. Demanded I stay away from the League. I got away...and I was masked, so at that point, my identity was still safe. But I...foolishly thought that would be the end of it, that she would back off - having said her piece."[break][break]
She took another sip of tea, savoring the way it coated her throat in nostalgia.[break][break]
"She found me again, in the chasm below the Silent Icelands." She paused, grief threatening to resurface. "Parker was with me."[break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest9 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON May 29, 2024 6:30:30 GMT
howard slayte Avatar

. . . . . . . . . . . .

The corpse of struck the ground, a charred corpse at the hands of his own Pokémon. A golem that never missed a shot in its entire life erred at the perfect moment. Her. She interfered with them both. The corpse of struck the ground, flesh black and bubbling.

Hate. Hate. Hate.

The only envy he felt for the Coveted was the fact that she still drew breath. He was envious that she lived.

"She's not just touched by Ruination. She's also a massive bitch." The admin's tea trembled in his hand. It shook and vibrated with a barely constrained wroth. A Hyper Beam flashed before his eye. Screaming. His eye flicked to the blue Unown. "Sorry, Kallistatus. You didn't hear that."

He apologized to a messenger of a god for cursing. The region was truly falling apart.

"Met her down there too. Didn't go particularly well. I've come to the conclusion that cooperating with her is impossible." He had never sat down to talk with Penelope, but he knew that the councilwoman did not want for cunning. "You were outplayed."

In an oddly Rocket way, no less.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON May 29, 2024 15:21:19 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It was like looking in a mirror and seeing a reflection of her own guilt. Her own helplessness. Howard's hatred for was fueled, ultimately, by the pain of a near-loss. She had tried to take something from him, something precious. Like Nomi, his enmity with the Councilwoman wasn't just a Rocket vs League matter.[break][break]
It was personal.[break][break]
"There's a reason that awful fish chose her," Nomi acquiesced, trying not to think about the wider-reaching implications of making that definitive statement. It meant admitting to the ugliness that lived within . Within . And what of Ting-Lu? Its chosen was still out there, somewhere.[break][break]
Four of them. There were four. And all Nomi could think, in her numbed state, was at least two are on our side.[break][break]
She wasn't so sure that was a good thing, in the end.[break][break]
"I was outplayed," she echoed, voice distant. Mind distant. It was replaying over and over, turning her vision red. The bubbling magma, the smell of burning flesh, the screams.[break][break]
"She tried to kill Parker," she continued. "My Parker. To hurt me. And only after I'd have witnessed it, only after I'd have let the ashes of my beloved slip through my fingers - only then would she have killed me, too."[break][break]
And for what? For what?[break][break]
"The rest is. A blur." Nomi shook her head, as if to clear it. "Blue light bright enough to blind. My hair changed. Kallistatus got us out."[break][break]
Just when she thought she understood the limits of her Avatar powers, something new and different was revealed to her. Almost always in desperation. There had to be a connection there, she just wasn't ready to poke at it.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 9:42:53 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The Treasures of Ruin were hardly treasures, moreso curses in the shapes of treasure. They were demons in the guise of the artifacts that Howard coveted; windows into a future that he would never grasp without burning his hands on stains of karma.

"They were all chosen for a reason. They have an inflection to their souls." and made Howard want to scream. It did not matter how vile Wo-Chien and Chien-Pao were, there had to be proper soil for vindication to blossom forth. Jayden and Elisabeth were marred. "It was not for their winning personalities."

It was easy to point at the Treasures of Ruin and call them devils on the shoulder, whispering and demanding more and more from their unknowing associates.

Still, when Howard saw Penelope Livy emerge from the bubbling pit of her battlefield in the Silent Icelands. Sitting here now, he came to a conclusion:

Chi-Yu hadn't soiled Penelope Livy.

Penelope Livy had soiled Chi-Yu.

Both were equally rotten.

"Funny. Your transformation reminds me of something I've heard." The admin regarded his colleague with a thoughtful stare. His fingers danced upon the table in an informal waltz. "Life is full if equivalent exchanges. The rage you felt towards her—the contempt in your soul—is much like equivalent exchange. You suffered, and through that suffering you changed."

The admin smiled.

"Be honest, Nomi." His look grew in intensity. "Is your collaboration with the League at an end?"

He suspected that he knew what she would say, even if he personally disagreed.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 22:33:50 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only transformed."[break][break]
The first law of thermodynamics, recited from memory, the result of years of academic schooling. She had the power to change reality to suit her every need, but her spirit was still grounded in scientific theory: in what she could make sense of with mathematical equations and complex formulas.[break][break]
He was right. What had happened...it was a type of alchemy. A chemical reaction, the catalyst of which had been 's violence. Apply enough pressure, and something was bound to give: for every action, a reaction.[break][break]
His next question brought her to a resolute silence. She could see now that this was why he had come: beneath what was a degree of sincere concern for her wellbeing, there was a far more potent, underlying eagerness to understand if the Visionary - Hoenn's self-proclaimed neutral savior - had reached her breaking point.[break][break]
"No," she whispered, heavily.[break][break]
Thinking of . Thinking of . Thinking of . Thinking of . Thinking of . Thinking of . Thinking of . Thinking of yes, even , with all of his misplaced bitterness.[break][break]
"Not yet."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 4:39:15 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Not yet.

"Interesting. I disagree." For a multitude of reasons, but namely due to the interference of Penelope. Her existence was an obstacle, but she was a noxious node that would poison her colleagues and the government she represented. "But do not give up on your dream. See it through until the end. Until it's realized."

It would be difficult.

Impossible, even.

But Naomi Sato would have to chase that dream, lest she fall into despair.

Despite her abilities to bend reality, the Head Scientist could not change the hearts of anyone. If it was Penelope's dream to rip collaboration apart, then it would be a clash to see who was stronger.

"I believe in you, Nomi."

Collaboration was impossible. Rocket and League could not be reconciled. Years of war had poisoned that chalice, and now it overflowed with old grudges and curses that could never be rectified. Kanto hadn't forgotten, and neither had Johto. Why would Hoenn be any different?

If Nomi could not do it, then neither could Howard.

"One request." The admin held up a finger. "."

"Leave some justice for me."

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2024 3:03:46 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

I believe in you, Nomi.[break][break]
It was a simple sentence, at once both heartbreakingly sincere and painfully devoid of hope. She could see the empty look behind his visible eye as plain as the blue sky on a clear day. It wasn't so much that he doubted her integrity or her commitment to Hoenn's survival. He simply did not have the heart to rip apart her strategy after she'd already suffered a defeat.[break][break]
But some battles could not be won with words.[break][break]
So he made his appeal. Not for diplomacy, but for revenge.[break][break]
"Personal vendettas are what keep us so divided," she murmured, tea forgotten. The real tragedy wasn't their impending doom, but how many were so willingly blinding themselves to it, in favor settling what felt like more immediate grudges.[break][break]
The Councilwoman's vicious mockery reverberated through her soul.[break][break]
"But I won't deny you."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2024 6:26:56 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Thank you." Howard stood and clenched his fist. "You're right. What I'm asking for is cruel and unfair. We should be better than them, and yet..."

He began to shake, not with rage, but with sorrow. His eye immediately began to water, and from beneath his eyepatch tears flowed, welling around the Key Stone embedded in his eye socket. Every once in a while, he felt a phantom pain. A flash, as if his eye should be working.

This was one of those times.

"She almost killed my friend, Nomi. She tried to bury him with my own Pokémon. Then she mocked me. She mocked him."

League and Rocket would never ally while she held power. The only thing to do was to put her in the ground, and let the land whisper of her legacy. Penelope had to die. Justice would be fulfilled. In order to do that, he needed power. Might.

He would not lose their next confrontation.

"Her and Eternatus are my two enemies. They'll fall."

Nomi had proven his point. Collaboration was impossible. If she was willing to give him his pound of flesh, than Rocket and League's cycle of grudges would never conclude. It was time to flip the chess board. Restart. Start anew.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2024 13:35:35 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi was not so certain Eternatus was their enemy - not yet. If its power could be wielded against the DRK Triad, in defense of Hoenn, she would allow it to live.[break][break]
If Necrozma can choose, so can Eternatus, she thought, not for the first time. Surely there was someone worthy of its patronage - which was a mildly terrifying thought, but she could not afford to dwell on what sort of person that might be. One toxic heart bound to another; a familiar darkness laced the souls of the desperate.[break][break]
There were monsters in the League, same as Rocket. was a prime example. As Howard spoke, Nomi could feel his rage lashing out at her, like tendrils of thorny vines. She understood that pain - the near loss of a loved one: it had permanently turned her hair blue with grief.[break][break]
"Promise me something, Howard."[break][break]
She stood. Across the table, she reached for his trembling fist, covering it with her own, smaller hand.[break][break]
"Don't make the same mistake I did."[break][break]
A sad, almost sheepish smile touched her lips.[break][break]
"Don't try and do anything alone."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2024 21:23:02 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
His hand recoiled slightly at the touch, but only for a moment.

Contact was good. Connections were good. In a perfect world, where Rocket was not thousands of people pulling in their own directions, bonds would be what tied them together. Instead, it was an ironclad hierarchy. To question the decisions of Walsh when he could be behind every shadow as akin to suicide.

Still, moments like this made it tolerable.

"Of course. You know me, Nomi. Can't do much alone." He lied to her as he wiped the tears from his face with one hand. "The moment will come. All we have to do is wait."

The Visionary could see the grander scale of this war, but that great sight came at a consequence. Smaller actions were difficult to perceive. Nomi was the Visionary because she saw the right path to take.

In this moment, he couldn't help but feel that Naomi Sato was cripplingly blind.

"I should go."

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2024 14:35:06 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Destiny was, contrary to popular belief, a fickle thing: more river than stone, more malleable than fixed. She'd said it herself, after all. Nothing in life - or death - was ever truly guaranteed.[break][break]
It's what still gave her hope: that they might be able to reverse the fate the DRK Triad claimed was inevitable.[break][break]
The title that had been bestowed upon her by the Unown did not mean sight so much as innovation: an adaptability based on a keen intuition. She could see the future no better than she could travel to the past; the manipulation of reality was a staunchly present gift.[break][break]
So it was that she sensed his lie. Just barely. Like the subtle shift in air pressure right before a storm.[break][break]
"I won't keep you," she dipped her head in thanks. "I appreciate you taking the time to visit me. To listen to me."[break][break]
Precious few were willing to do that these days, it seemed.[break][break]
"But if you would grant me one moment longer, I have something for you."[break][break]
Out of thin air, shimmering into existence, an Unown-H appeared. It swiveled around to regard Howard with its unblinking singular eye.[break][break]
"This one will watch your back."[break][break]
As will I.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2024 19:42:37 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The letter H. The choice in Unown was not lost on Howard. He smiled wryly as he inspected it. Not blue, like the black prevalent in the many thousands that existed within this world. Nowadays, the species was a commodity.

A gift wrapped in a shroud. It was an honor to be within the Visionary's sight, but it was also a curse. Howard would never have a free moment again. Anything he did would be under the watchful eye of Naomi Sato. It was through the gaze of the Unown that Rocket had learned of Kyle's fall.

Hopefully Howard would not repeat the Top Champion's mistake.

"I'm glad. Thanks, Nomi." Howard tapped his Unown with a forefinger. "Come along, little one. I have a file cabinet that you might fit in."

In protest, the Unown poofed out of existence and into hiding, though Howard suspected that it was still watching. Instead, he turned to Nomi as he grasped at the door handle.

"Keep moving forward. Don't look back." The door creaked open. "We'll win, no matter what. Against the DRK Triad, against the Pokémon League, against Eternatus. We will have our moment to walk in the sun."

Howard Slayte walked off to die, leaving the Head Scientist behind.

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,486 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 2:54:53 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven