Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 7:14:45 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The fact that Howard Slayte, admin of Team Rocket, holder of Regice, and the head of Rocket's financial arm still used newspapers was a piece of irony that would never not be amusing, if not fitting.

Yet newspapers still had value. Servers could wipe, data could be lost, and online articles could be deleted. Once a newspaper was printed, it was archived and chronicled. A physical object that could be preserved for eternity. When the admin's eye had scanned the page, he had come across a familiar face.

Click. Click. Click. Worn leather boots clicked against stone as Howard walked towards the house of Naomi Sato with the newspaper under his arm.

Sootopolis was a lovely city, rich in culture and history. It was a shame that Rocket had marred it with its presence. Howard sighed as he approached the door. He stood in front of it, crossed his arms, and waited.

"Head Scientist Sato." He told the door. He made no attempt to knock on it. Nomi was the Visionary.

She would see him coming.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 18:03:09 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest9"]
[attr="class","body"]

She had seen him coming.[break][break]
She watched the city of Sootopolis with more scrutiny, now; more paranoia tracing the lines of her vision. A cloak of Unown hovered around her own home, invisible to the naked eye, vigilant in their adherence to their Avatars orders. Parker was still on bedrest, and she would not abide even her allies - save perhaps - showing up within a mile of her girlfriend without her explicit permission.[break][break]
Howard had been allowed to pass: the first of the Rockets to seek her out since had publicly ruined her, and one Nomi trusted more than most.[break][break]
There was a newspaper under his arm. Very few details escaped the Visionary's notice.[break][break]
"I told you to call me Nomi."[break][break]
The lock clicked. The door cracked open, crimson eyes - back to normal, now that she'd temporarily severed her connection to the Unown - peering out. She opened it a fraction wider, enough to let him in.[break][break]
What stood behind the door was a haggard version of Rocket's brilliant innovator. Dark circles under eyes that seemed to echo a recent anger, a sickly cast to her already pale skin marred with cuts, burns and bruises, and, perhaps strangest of all, short-cropped blue hair the same shimmering shade as Kallistatus, who hovered beside her.[break][break]
"Come in."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest9"]--accent:#d7eeff;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 21:54:17 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
For a moment, Howard thought that the woman who opened the door was the elusive that he had heard much about. That was quickly rectified by the glimmering Unown by her side. Appearances could change and names revised, but bonds and memories did not so easily disappear.

If this woman had Kallistatus, then she was indeed Naomi Sato.

"Sorry, I get formal as a defensive measure. Courtesy can be an ironclad shield, I feel." Rocket consisted of individuals far stronger than Howard, and he used a slew of placations, formalities, and acts of subservience to maintain positive relationships with them all. "Evening, Nomi."

He was helpful, therefore he was liked. It was as simple as that.

When the door creaked wider, he slipped inside the house. It was small and cute, but the pessimism of the admin made him suspect that the house was overpriced and expensive. Hoenn's housing market was not one to be trifled with, and the price of a flat in Rustboro made Howard occasionally think that joining Rocket was the right call.

"You look terrible." There was no need to dance around a truth they both knew. "Being outed doesn't agree with you. I like the hair, though."

He looked around for a few moments, having given his pleasantries. He gestured at the newspaper, then at the Head Scientist. As the pages ruffled, a flash of Nomi and her original look appeared on a page poking out between paper folds.

"Can we sit? I have questions, you have answers." He gave her a small smile. "Your position demands you to, at least."

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 2:41:45 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest9"]
[attr="class","body"]

She appreciated his candor; it quirked the corners of chapped lips that had not known a real smile in days.[break][break]
"I like it too," she replied softly, absently fingering the shorn edges of the blue bob. Though it had only been a handful of weeks, she hardly recognized the pink-haired version of herself anymore: every old photograph a reminder of what she'd sacrificed for Hoenn's continued survival. So much more than hair had been violently severed; her academic career, her public identity, her civilian friendships. Worst of all, Parker could get hurt again if she wasn't especially careful.[break][break]
And was it worth it? Her doubts picked at her heart like a scab. What if it never matters, in the end...?[break][break]
Howard flipped to one such pink-haired image of Nomi in the newspaper he carried - a very familiar image, one she'd looked at so many times since its publishing that it was burned into her memory like a cognitive brand - and she nodded, resigned. She had expected this.[break][break]
"Come with me," she motioned for him to follow her into the kitchen, sitting him down at the table and shuffling over to the stove. "Tea?"[break][break]
She put the kettle on the burner without waiting for his answer.[break][break]
"What is it you would like to know?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest9"]--accent:#d7eeff;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Cooperation [S]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 6:56:50 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
He followed her, the accents of cherry wood that gilded the kitchen reminding him of Johto.

"Do not take offense to this, you know I don't mean to insult you." He started, his voice tentative and oddly formal still. Starting with those words wasn't particularly wise, but there was nothing to do but soldier on. "But I don't even know where to begin."

He flattened out the newspaper while Nomi fussed over the tea. As always, his eye focused on Kallistatus. Unown were fascinating creatures, and the admin had a particular love for them even now. Birds of a feather flocked together, he supposed. Howard and Unown shared one thing in common, at least:

An eye.

The newspaper held an article by the HBIC, reporting the identity of a dangerous person. Naomi Sato's face stared back at him, flat and lifeless, before the admin turned to the real deal.

"How did this happen?" Howard rubbed his temples as he spoke, as if the conversation was already giving him a headache. To an extent, it was. A member of Rocket's upper leadership had been blown, even if Nomi herself had done an excellent job at damage control. "How'd the HBIC catch up with you?"

To narrow. Both Howard and Nomi were academics. A broader question would be a better start.

"Can you start at the beginning?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights