awards
1,661 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Girlygang History Lessons [S]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2024 15:08:13 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Her talk with had given Andrea a newfound interest in history. The mad scientist in her wanted to believe that, at some point in the ancient past, humans and Pokémon used to be one and the same. Perhaps the answer to that mystery was hidden in the pages of old books forgotten by time.

Doug had recommended a name to her, Yuina Higashi, who just happened to also be a member of Hoenn's girlygang. A quick internet search revealed Yuina's recent work on Hisuian history and the species that originated from that bygone era. It also revealed her place of work; the National Museum of Natural History.

This wasn't stalking, okay? She had notified Yuina of her visit well in advance.

With her beloved Fuecoco in tow and a matching Sygna Suit to boot, the young cosplayer passed by various exhibits both big and small, until she reached the section dedicated to Hisui. There, she caught a glimpse of a familiar brunette. "Hey, Yuina, long time no see! How are you?"

This meeting took place before a certain mochi-related event would traumatize them both for life. It was meant to be a chill catch-up between gals. Andrea had even brought a Pokémon Egg with her, strapped to her chest like a baby harness.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2024 18:45:29 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

A book opened across one arm, a stack of books tucked into the bend or her other, Yuina walked through her section of the museum with Moroe at her heels, glasses slowly sliding down the bridge of her nose as she read through the pages in front of her.[break]
Now more than ever, since her work had been moved and she was accredited as a Historian for the Hisuian Era, there were more books to read, more texts to study, more translations to make, and she never wanted to stop.[break][break]
However, she was aware of a visitor that was coming to see her, a friend that reached out. Yuina was working to make her way to the front portion of the museum to find her, but the historian looked up at the sound of her name.[break][break]
"Andrea," she smiled, carefully closing the open book and situating the stack of texts in her arms. Moroe gave an empty, hollow yip as the fox looked up to their visitor, yellow eyes gleaming.[break]
"I'm doing good, how are you? Thanks for coming around to visit today," Yuina returned, smiling down at the familiar Fuecoco that trailed behind Andrea.

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,661 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2024 20:50:13 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"I'm good too, and so is Jalapeño!" The onesie-clad woman beamed, watching fondly as her Fuecoco waddled up to Yuina's pet fox, its own beady eyes empty and devoid of thoughts. New friend?

The dragon fanatic decided to cut straight to the chase. "Here's the thing: I heard this theory that long, long, looooong ago humans and Pokémon used to be the same species, but I couldn't find any sources that actually prove it. If there's some degree of truth there, I wanna find out at what point in history our species diverged." She explained. "So, let's start from the beginning--the very beginning!"

Ah yes, the creation myth. In the beginning, there was nothing. Then, there was an egg. Not to be confused with the egg she was currently trying to hatch.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2024 19:51:07 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Yuina blinked behind her glasses, a wide gaze as Andrea effectively explained exactly why she had come to visit.[break]
Funny that Andrea had mentioned that had brought up her name, but he didn't tell Yuina for what or why.[break][break]
"Uh," she began, but cut herself off, trying to find the words.[break]
"Well... I wasn't prepared for the theory of creation... Uhm, I had brought out some texts about ancient Hisuian species...," Yuina returned, just trying to give herself a moment to think as she glanced to the armful of books that she carried with her.[break][break]
"Okay... why don't we go to my office? I have some more materials there," Yuina offered, turning and gesturing for Andrea to come along. What exactly did Doug tell Andrea that she studied?

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,661 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2024 20:19:53 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea's eyes widened in turn behind her own glasses. "Oops! M-my bad! I should've told you about the subject of my research before I came here so that you had more time to prepare." She said in an apologetic tone.

Why yes, she did just refer to her insane, nonsensical theories as 'research' because she still saw herself as something of a scientist.

A crowded exhibit was not the best place to have this intellectual discussion, but luckily Yuina had her own office. The eccentric cosplayer nodded. "Sounds good, let's go there! Want me to help you with these books?" She kindly offered.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 18:23:15 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Yuina began to lead the way through her exhibit, her various authenticated pieces of works as she walked with Andrea, and at least for the short journey she did take the offer and relinquished some of her books that she was holding.[break][break]
"Andrea, I'm glad that you have confidence in me to help you with your... work," Yuina began, wanting to find the right word for what it was the eccentric was looking for. They were friends of course, and Yuina was nothing other than supportive, but she wasn't sure how much she would be able to help.[break][break]
"You have to understand though that every region, every set of cultures within a region, and even then within those cultures, there are many, many different ideas about the 'theory of creation'," Yuina offered, there was no one right answer because... No one had the answer, no one knew how everything came to be exactly as it was. In that way, she wasn't sure that she could truly offer Andrea anything concrete to go off of.

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,661 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 10:28:25 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The dragon enthusiast half-listened to her friend’s words, and half-gawked at the awesome exhibits that greeted them en route to the young historian’s office. The books in her grasp, however light, felt heavy with the weight of knowledge.

“Most myths hold some truth, don’t they? Some might even be based on real events that got twisted over time as the story was passed around by word of mouth.” The self-proclaimed scientist casually postulated. “Why not start with the most popular version, the legend of Arceus? Sinnoh is Hisui-adjacent, right?”

Tacking the word adjacent onto anything instantly made one sound more intellectual. That and fixing one’s glasses, which Andrea proceeded to also do.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 23:47:47 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Making the short trip to Yuina's office, the curator opened the door and offered for Andrea to step inside, closing it again behind her. She relinquished her stack of books to the bookshelf just beside the door, and moved to take the books that Andrea held in kind.[break][break]
"You're right, all myths start somewhere. But in a way... As much as there is that we don't know, the creation of the world is hardly a myth, otherwise we wouldn't be here having this very discussion," Yuina pondered, in a very 'torchic/egg' sense. But she was persistent, Yuina could expect nothing less.[break][break]
"Yes, Hisui is ancient Sinnoh... Just promise me Andrea that whatever we talk about here, just take it with a grain of salt, hmm? It's impossible to say that anything about the 'theory of creation' is fact," Yuina was encouraging, but with caution. She couldn't get Andrea's hopes up, nothing could be stated as true or fact... Especially when many of the texts that she was about to bring out were annotated and adjusted with translations by her herself... From memory... There was nothing credible about it.

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,661 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 11:01:22 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"I'm not trying to find out the truth of how the world was created." That sounded more like something would be interested in. "I wanna use what's been written about it as a starting point to try and understand how you and I ended up here. Did Arceus create us? Did we evolve from Pokémon? Or did we come from outer space?"

Separating mythology from fact was important, as Yuina pointed out. It was a thin line to tread, especially in a world where gods and legends were real, observable phenomena. "Fine, I promise..." Andrea pouted. "I just wanted to know if humans are mentioned at all in the creation myth." To her knowledge, they were not, but maybe Yuina possessed a slightly different translation.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 1:50:30 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Getting her books situated again, Yuina turned to look back at Andrea for a moment. The historian knew that this was something she was passionate about, and she did want to help in any way that she could... Within her power of course.[break][break]
"Hey, whatever information I have here, you're welcome to it, and we'll see what we can find together, okay," Yuina offered with a soft smile, encouraging. She couldn't make any promises, but she could at least offer everything that she had, and that began with an impossibly old book that Yuina took up from a shelf. It was laid out on its back, not stood up on its spine, bound in cracked leather, with yellowed pages.[break][break]
The spine was mishapen, there was what looked to be the indentation of a latch perhaps, or a buckle of some kind that may have helped to keep it closed to keep the pages nice. The cover was entirely nondescript, worn, tattered, nothing to discern.[break][break]
"This book is one of the oldest ones I've been able to find," Yuina began, gently, carefully, skillfully placing it down on her desk, gently taking the cover between her fingers and easing the book open with a feather touch.[break]
"It isn't worth much in the way of putting it on display, only really to show ancient book binding techniques and to depict what their hand script looks like. So I've been working on translating it in some of my spare time," Yuina offered, the beginning of their journey.

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,661 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 18:20:45 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea nodded. She did not expect Yuina to work any miracles. The fact that she was willing to help in any way she could was more than enough for her. "Thanks, Yu! You really are a friend!" She said with a smile.

An ancient tome was plucked out of the woman's personal library. It was not the prettiest book in the world, nor the cleanest, but in her field of work, the more worn out something was, the better the quality. Quality of knowledge, that was.

"Could you read it out loud?" The dragon maiden requested. "At least the parts that you've finished translating... This text is gibberish to me." She was also worried that, if she touched the old manuscript, it would turn to dust.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON May 3, 2024 17:02:30 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Yuina gestured for Andrea to take one of the chairs on the other side of her desk while she too sat at her own chair, careful to keep from jostling the desk too much. The book was just as fragile as the egg that Andrea carried with her, perhaps even moreso...[break][break]
"Sinnohism is one of the most widely studied traditions in regards to philosophy and religion because of the culture's ties to the myths and legends that are known to shape the Region," Yuina began, there were many other cultures and religions that focused on a beginning and how things came to be. But due to Sinnoh's theology of the "Creation Trio" and other beings of legend, it was one of the larger studies.[break][break]
"Studies of Sinnohism believe that there is a natural order, a path or road, that allows all things to exist in a natural curvature of time and space. This path is said to be the origin of all power and all creation," she detailed, glancing down to the page of the book she had started with, first reading aloud in careful, ancient Hisuian.[break][break]
"This is the cosmic power that creates the universe, saves the good and punishes the wicked...."[break]
"Essentially, they believe that this path is the power that created the universe, and dictates the way nature moves along and how living things grow and decline in relation to this cosmic path," Yuina described.

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,661 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON May 3, 2024 21:03:47 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
As someone who had thoroughly studied the neighbouring region's history since its antiquity, Yuina was quite knowledgeable on the subject of Sinnohism. The NATIONAL MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY would not have hired her unless she was qualified in her field. They were one of Hoenn's premier museums for a reason.

Some of the more esoteric stuff went over Andrea's head, but the general gist was understood. "So, Pokémon follow this path, and that's what makes nature so orderly." The PokéManiac mused. "Don't humans disturb the natural order, though?"

No single species on Earth was as detrimental to its ecosystems as man. And yet, their existence had furthered the evolution of the wonderful creatures they shared the planet with. There had to be more to this.

"W-wait, does wanting to become a Pokémon go against the path that's been decided for me?" Andrea then asked, clearly vexed by the thought that everything in life was predetermined by some cosmic force her mortal mind could not begin to comprehend.
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights