he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
238 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
This is Halloween [PP; Elain]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2024 19:56:48 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg7"]

[attr="class","header"]EVERYDAY BY MYSELF I’M BREAKING DOWN

[attr="class","setting"]

Pain nor suffering were exactly new to him. This was not the first time he had his back to the wall. For sixteen years, he had had his back to the wall until he had been given a way out, only being unable to escape what he had been through in his dreams. To remedy that, he chose not to sleep.
[break][break]
Sleep had become something to be wary of. He had thought, as long as he didn't sleep, he would be safe.
[break][break]
What a fool he had been.
[break][break]
Just three years later, with his back once more against the wall. He didn't understand it. What higher being had he pissed off to end up in these kinds of situations? Because he had to have pissed off some higher being.
[break][break]
First his father and now these Pokémon. And what was all that about some three-day war? He hadn't had much time to read the news lately, only being able to go on vague whispers to know what was going on.
[break][break]
His cellmate had seemed just as confused as he was about the whole thing.
[break][break]
That was another thing, he had a cellmate.
[break][break]
Someone that could end suffering just like him. Just like he had suffered when living with his father.
[break][break]
Just the thought was almost too much to bear.
[break][break]
He didn't want anyone else to suffer. He would throw himself between the wardens and those who were to be punished if he could. He had a feeling it wouldn't be that simple.
[break][break]
Still, he hated feeling powerless. Hated being unable to stop those around him from getting hurt.
[break][break]
"Do you think we'll get out of here?"
[break][break]
His quiet voice lacked emotion, making it unclear what he thought. Still, he wanted her opinion on the matter.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/Px9QpS0r/IMG-2288.webp);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg7 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Freelancer/Ex-Ace Child Detective
Civilian
--- height
--- height
Let's Keep things a bit clandestine, shall we?
awards
409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 4:51:11 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar

PRISMATIC PENITENTIARY SIDE STORY

Restrained Rendezvous

Being in jail was a new experience. In all honesty, Elaine had gone through numerous new experiences since she had come to Hoenn. Between the Cloud, the battle atop the Meteor, or the incident with the shield, she could honestly say that getting caught in a strange new experience seemed to be part and parcel for her.

But that didn't change just how surreal this entire experience had been for her. Being taken in her sleep, stripped of her clothes and Pokemon, and tossed into a prison with a mask and a chain on was not in her list of things she had expected in this region.

There was no way in hell it was in her cellmate's mental bingo card either.

"Do you think we'll get out of here?"

Her cellmate had asked that question quite bluntly. Elaine almost found herself shocked by that. But, it was only natural to question it given the situation.

"I think so."

Of course it wasn't that simple. As much as she wanted to say she had a plan, she had nothing. Just a vague hope.

"Nothing is eternal. So this, too, shall pass. That much I'm sure of. Do you disagree?"

Tag:
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
238 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 6:14:35 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

As expected, his cellmate wouldn't give a certain answer. Nothing was absolute. Either they got out of here or they wouldn't be new that.
[break][break]
He had already prepared himself for the worst-case scenario of not getting out of here. After all, without their Pokémon to aid them, they were basically powerless. The chances of them escaping were slim to none, the way he saw it.
[break][break]
The question was, had Elaine prepared herself for such a scenario?
[break][break]
He didn't ask, though.
[break][break]
He couldn't.
[break][break]
Instead, he chose to allow her to continue the conversation. Chose to pretend that the thought of not escaping hadn't even crossed his mind. No need for him to bring both of their moods down.
[break][break]
"I..."
[break][break]
What should he say? Should he tell the truth? He hated lying. And yet, wouldn't the truth just bring the mood down? Why must he do this? Why must he ruin things for others?
[break][break]
Pushing aside the dark thoughts, the ones that made him hate himself, he gathered his thoughts in order to answer.
[break][break]
"I don't know," he finally admitted.
[break][break]
He fell silent for a few minutes before speaking once more. "I find it hard to have hope. Sorry, I've always been a bit of a pessimist."[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/Px9QpS0r/IMG-2288.webp);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Civilian
--- height
--- height
awards
409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 21:15:56 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar

Restrained Rendezvous

"There's nothing wrong with that." Elaine shrugged as she listened to her cellmate. The idea that losing hope in this kind of situation and not having any in this situation would even be even remotely incorrect or sinful was ludicrous.

Not everyone could be an optimist in this situation.

Hell, Elaine herself couldn't even say she was being optimistic.

"Anyone would lose hope in this kind of situation."

In fact, had it not been for what she had already experienced before, she would have been the same. One among many weaklings who had lost hope the moment the situation laid itself bare to them.

"I think we'll get out of here one way or the other, but even holding onto that hope is difficult."

Her cellmate was a pessimist. In this situation, reasonably so. But Elaine had been through some forms of hell and back. They may have changed her, but she inevitably made it through all of them.

She could not say that this was why she was sure that they would make it out.

"But that doesn't mean that there's been any reason to give up on it yet. At least, not for me."

Tag:

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
238 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 17:42:19 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He wasn't sure if he believed her. It was one thing to not have hope because a situation was too much. It was another thing entirely to have never had hope to begin with. If he was being honest, he had stopped believing in hope a long time ago. Even after being rescued from his father's clutches, he went about his days waiting for the other shoe to drop. He just hadn't expected it to be something like this.
[break][break]
Kind of pathetic, really, that he had found himself back at square one. It was almost like nothing had changed since then. That he was the same scared little kid he had been back then.
[break][break]
No, he couldn't think like that.
[break][break]
Nothing was ever set in stone.
[break][break]
He mentally shook himself, disgusted with himself. He really was pathetic. Why did he have to be so useless?
[break][break]
"You haven't," he pointed out, his tone completely neutral, hiding away the turmoil inside him.
[break][break]
At the mention of finding it hard not to lose hope on getting out of here, guilt flooded him. Was it right of him to have already lost hope? No, that wasn't right. Was it right for him to have never had hope in the first place?
[break][break]
Did it make him selfish? After all, if he couldn't hope for himself to get out of here, shouldn't he have hope he would get out of here if not for himself, for his grandparents?
[break][break]
"My grandparents are probably worried sick," he said, it taking all his willpower to keep his tone impassive. Impassive like he was simply stating facts.
[break][break]
Though he had been able to keep his emotions out of his voice, if Elaine looked over, she might notice his hands had curled into fists. It appeared he was more angry with the idea of his grandparents being worried than of being imprisoned here.
[break][break]
A sigh escaped him at the mention of not giving up hope. He debated what to do. "Without our Pokémon, how do you think we would pull it off?"
[break][break]
Hopefully, she wouldn't say what he was thinking.[break]

close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Civilian
--- height
--- height
awards
409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 3:25:29 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar

Restrained Rendezvous

It was a shame. He, too, was just like anyone else. A small person in a large world crushed by its many crazy cogs. Nobody should have been expected to have the fortitude to even consider the other side of the walls in this state. Those who did, like her, were an aberrancy, all things considered.

Although that aberrancy was one of Hoenn's own creation, she was still one.

Forged through some of the hells the region had put her through, she was far more willing to cling on to a faint hope than many.

"Who knows?" Elaine shrugged. It was the most honest answer she could give. "Gaining our Pokemon back will ultimately be requisite to any escape method. Not to mention, finding an escape method is also another issue on its own."

She had a couple ideas. For one, the platform in the center of the wards seemed to ultimately be the biggest avenue for movement, but it was also the sole avenue that they knew of--one that was constantly under the watch of their wardens.

"Suffice to say, I don't know the answer. There's too much information we don't have. Gathering intelligence is the most important thing at this stage. Otherwise, we're just swinging blindly."

Elaine stopped herself. The more she spoke on that matter, the more she was digging him into a pit of despair. That was unnecessary.

"Hope doesn't have to be based on facts and reality. It's funny for a detective like me to say that, but as long as there's something for you on the other side of the tunnel, then there's no point in discarding all hope in the bleakest situations. This is just one Hell, after all. It's just one."

Tag:

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
238 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 13:05:11 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He had always heard that hope was something you gave yourself. Or maybe it was something he had read about. It was another; I couldn’t remember which. Not that it really mattered in the first place.
[break][break]
Anyway, the point was that how could someone possibly give themselves hope if there had never been any hope to give in the first place? And how pathetic did that make him think that was the case?
[break][break]
How could he possibly tell her that he had stopped believing in hope a long time ago? Or, better yet, that he had never really believed in hope in the first place. He had never had much reason to believe in it.
[break][break]
He couldn’t do that.
[break][break]
It was better to just let her believe that this whole situation was the reason he had no hope.
[break][break]
And yet, when he did that, it felt almost like he was lying.
[break][break]
He hated it.
[break][break]
Hated the feeling of lying.
[break][break]
Couldn't stand it.
[break][break]
But it was better than admitting that his father had been a terrible father.
[break][break]
To his relief, the subject would move on, and he would listen to what she would say. Well, that wasn’t really much of an answer. But he supposed it was better than nothing.
[break][break]
“No windows, no doors; I feel like we’re princesses locked away at the top of the tower. The elevator platform is the only thing I’ve seen so far, but that too is a huge question mark,” he pointed out, keeping his voice low.
[break][break]
It was actually annoying how few options they had when it came to any escape attempts. There was also the problem of them having the uncanny ability to know when they were up to no good. Seriously, couldn’t the wardens just fuck off and let them go? It was really sad that they couldn’t get over themselves and let them just get on with their own lives.
[break][break][break]
His cellmate's voice pulled him out of his thoughts, and he listened to what she had to say. He almost wanted to groan at the information that she was a detective but refrained. Doing so would only bring forth questions.
[break][break]
However, the part about hell had him biting his lip to keep from. He didn’t find much funny. Never had. But for some reason, he found that part of her comment funny.
[break][break]
Maybe because he felt like he was living in hell for sixteen years of his life.
[break][break]
He wasn’t really sure.
[break][break]
Well, wherever it was, he decided against laughing. It would be pretty alarming if he just started laughing after all. Especially in the kind of situation they were in.
[break][break]
“I will try and be more hopeful.”
[break][break]
Now if only he knew what hope felt like.
[break][break]
This whole hope thing was easier said than done.[break]

close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Civilian
--- height
--- height
awards
409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
POSTED ON May 3, 2024 7:25:45 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar

Restrained Rendezvous

It was clear that he was having a hard time even comprehending the idea of having hope. In fact, he was clearly having a hard time with the idea of being open. His tendencies veered towards keeping himself closed.

Based on his mannerisms, that was clear. Even if she couldn't see his face, she was completely aware of that. Everyone had something that they would rather keep safe and hidden from the world, especially from strangers. They were strangers to each other at the end of the day.

"Ever..." Elaine sighed as she walked closer to Ever and sat down next to him.

"I know we're merely nothing but cellmates here." She hated the fact that she was behind a mask. The fact that she couldn't communicate completely was nothing short of frustrating. But she had to deal with it.

"But if you ever want to talk about anything, we're together for now. So don't hesitate." She scratched at her head for a bit. "I won't ask you to tell me anything. There's no way I can do that without trampling over your dignity. So I'll wait. Until you are ever ready to do so."

Humans had many skeletons in their closets. As a detective, what she was saying ran counter to her instincts, but human dignity was still something precious. Something worth maintaining.

Tag:

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
238 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 17:33:07 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

As she moved to sit beside him, he sat up from his own reclined position against the ground. The way she said his name made him think of his grandparents. Not that she was anywhere near as old as his grandparents. No, it was more like the way his grandparents said his name when they were worried about him; that’s what he found similar.
[break][break]
She was right about one thing: they were nothing but cellmates here. Practically strangers. Which made being open with her hard. Not that he didn’t find being open in general to be hard.
[break][break]
"Yeah, I’m not really the type to talk about my feelings,” he said, keeping his tone neutral despite the inner disgust he felt at talking about his feelings. If she wanted to talk about her own feelings, that was fine, but he had no desire to talk about his own feelings.
[break][break]
"Look, I didn’t need to be captured and beat down to know life isn’t fair. As sad as it is, I would be more wary if someone showed me kindness than if someone were to walk over and punch me in the face,” he told her bluntly.
[break][break]
It was what it was. His life growing up had been shitty. However, he wasn’t about to tell her just how bad it was. The past is the past for a reason.
[break][break]
What he had said could also be interpreted in multiple different ways. Basically, all he had admitted to was having a turbulent childhood, which could be anything from him having grown up in an orphanage to what really happened.[break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights