March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[M][C/Lash] Delightful Deliveries
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2024 21:58:59 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Ever Grande was not just the home of the Pokémon League. It was a bustling metropolis in its own right. While it was small compared to Lilycove, Slateport, or even Mauville, there were plenty of nights where the city never slept. With its Captain, , busy at Mount Chimney, there was an important delivery job Rustboro's Captain volunteered to pick up in her stead.

Getting to all the locations would necessitate both a stout land Pokémon and a strong aquatic or flying one. Shalin was ready, seated on a Sharpedo with a small crate full of well-secured eggs tethered to the fin on her underside. "We'll start with the ones by the sea, then work our way inland," Shalin proposed. "Sound like a winner, Lash?"

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Shabraz       Sharpedo       Good
Lathliss      Salamence      Good
Lathiel       Type: Null     Good

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
31 (appears way younger due to distortion)
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
163 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 19:38:59 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Aquatic was not her thing. But who needed that, when you had a good flier? At least that was always her thought process. Unless she needed to actually dive, her Hydreigon was the right answer in just about any case that came up. That was just how things were. Though she probably should go look for a new water type sometime, given that she had sold all the ones she’d poached in the past.

Until then though, three headed dragon of darkness it was. And no, she was not compensating for her small statute with that. Not at all. “Well, it is all the same to Hydreigon and I. As long as we properly distribute the deliveries, anything is fine by us,” she replied to that always energetic woman. It was admittedly always a bit difficult to keep up with that one – not just regarding her speed. But at least this lady was reliable, so Lash did not mind working with her at all. “Though, of course, ‘Lash’ always sounds like a winner, doesn’t it?”

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 4:34:04 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Hydreigon were strong flying Pokémon, and difficult to raise at that. The time she went to Josh's Gym to fly on Kokusho, the three-headed monster had overcome her strength easily, hurling her to the ground. If they were all like that, she would need to build up some serious muscle before trying that again. She was built to conquer nimble Pokémon, not oppressively strong ones!

The Captain laughed at the woman's stinger. "...In more ways than one!" she replied with a grin, no doubt being the only one of the two understanding why the wordplay was so funny. Casting off from the dock once her partner was good to go, the Sharpedo's pace was swift but steady, putting more effort into keeping her cargo steady than getting the job done quickly.

One of Ever Grande's outlying islands was not far; it was almost like a gated community for some of the city's elderly. Most of their aquatic deliveries were there; there would be two that lived in large cabins not far from the sea. They almost looked like getaway homes similar to a typical lakefront resort. She hopped off and moored the Sharpedo, retrieving the eggs to be delivered to the pair of residences. She had caught so many of her Pokémon wild that she couldn't identify what was inside them; she was no breeder, after all!

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
163 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 20:43:14 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Fortunately, she had already given up on actually understanding this woman properly. That made everything a lot easier, really. Lash could just shrug and take it at face value. It was one of those things she considered a benefit of age, even though she did not look it. Well, maybe because she did not. Lasciel did not make any effort to actually act her apparent age, after all. Heck, coming in with an Hydreigon of all things was probably giving the game away if nothing else. Yet, a lot of people still did not get it. Or did not want to get it.

And she took pleasure of hitting them with the creepy child vibes she was giving out there. For now though, she took off on that Hydreigon, following the other for the most part while taking in the area. She was not a local, and honestly, this was a part of Hoenn that she hardly ever visited. Partially because it was an old people place.

While she was older than she looked, she certainly wasn’t that old. For the time being, she checked whether or not any of her eggs were to be delivered at this address, but hers were seemingly focused more inroads. Almost like someone had put actual thought into this. Well, maybe. “Are most of your deliveries seaside ones? Not sure if we should split up or just do it at our pace here.”

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 17:56:50 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The woman's Hydreigon was certainly unsettling; if Shalin's instincts were correct, she didn't expect it to be as well-behaved as the Mauville Leader's. Even so, if it was well-behaved enough to ferry its trainer in flight, it couldn't be that belligerent, could it?

Shalin buzzed at the gate of their first destination. Not only was the community more elderly, they seemed like they had a lot of money. The security guard would let them in after Captain Nariya identified herself. "Have a good one!" she called out to the young man. "Such a nice guy," she mused as she made her way to the first of the two addresses they were to deliver to. With a ring of the doorbell, a retired couple answered the door, happy to see the Timburr egg they had requested. "Regards from Verdanturf Rookery," she read the note aloud while verifying they had the correct address one more time. "Just a signature here."

After the couple confirmed the receipt, they thanked the kind ladies. Were to check her eggs, one of them was indeed to be delivered to a nearby house. "I've got one more here myself," she answered the female's question. "Then other than yours, I think most of the rest of them are on the mainland. It's been fun taking Shabraz for a spin out here - she's my Sharpedo!"

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
163 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 18:38:14 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Fortunately, the other did not know how Lash had gotten the worst out of her Hydreigon. A poacher had her ways, after all. It certainly had not been the kind of training one would have expected from someone looking like a kid. But that was not exactly new. People would not take her adult form for that kind of person, after all. She was very used to being underestimated in that regard – and to capitalize on it.

Not that she needed to much here. Instead, she took her time for a bit, sorting through the eggs until she found one for this place. It was only when she actually approached that house that she put on her ‘professional’ face – i.e. a bright smile and way too sunny attitude. “Hello there! Egg-cellent delivery here just for you. Don’t break it though,” she offered with a cheery attitude towards the old lady opening. There was some additional candy exchanged too, so she waved momentarily as she walked off back towards the dragon guarding the eggs.

It was only there that she dropped the act again, quickly. “That should take care of mine. Customer service is always a bit of a hassle, but what can you do.” She tossed one of the pokeball-shaped candies towards the others. Not for a particular reason.
Lash just was less of a sweet tooth than people took her for, was all.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 21:48:59 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin nodded at Lash's remarks about customer service. "I genuinely try to be nice, but you can only try to please most people most of the time. Having done this before, most of the people you run into are happy because they're just excited to bring a new Pokémon into the world." Her penchant for ride Pokémon had made her attractive to couriers in both Rustboro and Petalburg. There was just something charming about seeing a normally fierce, dangerous predator that was as sweet as a house Skitty. She loved getting reactions to her Shiny Beedrill ferrying her through the rural parts of town, the bug-type spreading her stings to hug, not to attack.

After one or two more deliveries on the islands, they were ready to finish their route on the Ever Grande mainland. Withdrawing Lathiel for Shabraz, Shalin hopped back onto the shark and sped toward the south coast's main docks. With her now-lighter cargo, Shalin could go a little faster, but still had to be cautious. Too much speed or a sudden shift of wind could damage their deliveries, which would be unacceptable -- and possibly endanger the life of the Pokémon being born within!

{PC: 4}

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights