Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
tea time [s]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 17:17:18 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

It was nothing fancy whatsoever, but the breakroom was one of Ameena's happy places. She had really found a lot of enjoyment in the networking Rocket offered, even beyond the science realm, what had surprised her deeply. But the different walks of life that her colleagues had had lead to a lot of interesting discussions and new perspectives. The folks she would have once brushed off as thugs were quite fascinating, and they were typically excellent conversationalists. [break][break]

She was, in short, a regular at the breakroom. She exchanged greetings with several people who passed their table. The kettle looked high end, but was really quality was the scent of tea that filled the room. Something sweet and floral filled the room. There was a slight hint of citrus. [break][break]

"I appreciate you taking your time to meet with me," Ameena expressed as she poured them both a cup. "This setting is not very special, but it does prevent any information from falling into the wrong hands." She was admittedly paranoid about bugs in her office; her own company provided excellent information-gathering technology, and it would be her own undoing to think herself untouchable. Though, to her knowledge, she had tipped off zero Leaguers to the illegitimate parts of her business.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena"]--accent:#EF59D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
tea time [s]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 5:56:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
lulu had never been a fan of the breakroom. now, there were grunts that questioned her loyalty, only having known stories about her disappearance and fall from power. some side-eyed as they walked past, greeting ameena more pleasantly, and her not at all.[break][break]

she ignored it, as she’d been doing for months when necessary. however, she was not a common sight outside of the labs.[break][break]

as she sat and watched ameena pour their tea, her face betrayed none of the discomfort she felt. not even the wave of loathing for her traitorous brother rowan at the sentiment about perceived security.[break][break]

information had a knack for getting out of that submarine. the league's amnesty program knew all about it.[break][break]

”sure. nothing wrong with the breakroom.” she could make a list, and it would not be short. ”thank you for suggesting tea.”[break][break]

she smiled and settled into her seat more, inhaling the sweet scent of florals and citrus. at least there was that.[break][break]

”how’ve things been? you seem to be fitting in well.”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:10px; line-height:17px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
tea time [s]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 16:38:38 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ameena savored a sip as she considered Lulu's question and observation. "I learned long ago to not brush off someone before you see what they are really made of. The military made men out of mice and mice out of men." Galar had been rigorous. The honor and imagery of service was more important than its actual value or purpose. Her homeland relied too much on appearances and not enough on real progress. But she had learned invaluable lessons about what that environment did to people, how it built or eroded them. [break][break]

"Still, I have been pleasantly surprised at the variety of people here. Even simple street urchins have their moments of brilliance. It makes me want to adopt a dozen proteges, though I cannot afford the time investment of such a project. I wish there were two of me." She laughed. [break][break]

"But things are well. I have seen a lot of unusual things in my time with the other head scientist, Amor. He has talked to me of..." How secret was it? She quietly finished, "Eternatus." Admittedly, she had felt a bit of paranoia about the creature growing in herself. She felt unprepared to address such a threat, especially after meeting 's Erebus. [break][break]

But it was rude to jump straight from herself to any kind of business talk. "How are things on your end? I hope you have no fires to put out."

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
tea time [s]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 4:47:45 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
just as she was not a fan of the breakroom, she was not a huge fan of tea, either. it did smell nice wafting beneath her nose, covering up the zesty smell of sweat, cheap verbena deodorant and microwaved ramen noodles ¬– but the best tea still couldn’t beat the worst cup of coffee.[break][break]

not wanting to be rude, she sipped as her company did regardless, and it reminded her a distant home.[break][break]

ameena had learned in the military what lulu had learned as head scientist, and what she predicted had been learning lately too. plenty of brilliance grew amongst them quietly, waiting for the right push to openly flourish. her own protégé, , had gone so incredibly far with the resources she’d been given.[break][break]

at ameena’s wish for a double, she smiled knowingly as she recalled shoving her own alternate self into a broom closet in prison in another universe.[break][break]

”i know what you mean.”[break][break]

her bright eyes held a twinkle of amusement amidst curiosity as ameena then quieted about eternatus. ”an interesting topic, to be sure. don’t worry though ¬– it’s no secret.” she predicted some passing through the breakroom had already begun mining within the alien’s body. she would soon go to do the same with , in what would be a rather harrowing expedition.[break][break]

”no fires on my end ¬– but i have significantly less to look after these days. no business ventures, no grunts to wrangle...” and she had come to appreciate it more, as she began to struggle with a sense of direction. ”i can’t complain.”[break][break]

”so, you wanted to know more about megalopolans? or is there something else that has your interest?”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:10px; line-height:17px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
tea time [s]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 16:38:54 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She couldn't call herself relieved that Eternatus was not a secret. It certainly hadn't been a part of her welcome orientation to Rocket.[break][break]

She was pleased Lulu had no fires, no disasters, no troubles. No major ones, at least. "Feeling bored? I suspect that is a blessing around these parts. Every conversation I have with makes me grateful I have experienced less time here in Hoenn, even if I feel it has cost me valuable research potential given how peculiar this region is. It has no shortage of crisis nor miracle."[break][break]

Ameena had more interests than she had the capacity to verbalize. Where did she start? "What is the relationship between Megalopolans and Eternatus?" She had even more pressing questions about the ones Rocket apparently had in custody, like why they captured some and who planned it and where, precisely, they were. Rocket had so many sources for intel, but there were three times as many sources for questions and wonder in Hoenn. [break][break]

More tentatively, and tucked into her tea so she could swallow the words after speaking them, she asked: "What should we be doing about Eternatus?"

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
tea time [s]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 3:22:44 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
”hardly bored.” there was far too much to do, and she worked all hours. ”just not my fires to put out anymore.” that responsibility fell on the new head scientists, and even on the heroes of hoenn.[break][break]

about eternatus and megalopolans, she shook her head. ”i’m not entirely sure, to be honest with you. i know that there are megalopolan ship remains inside of eternatus: the quastor lucis it was called. i’ve guessed that perhaps they were eaten on their voyage to us – or somewhere else entirely. they were on a search for a power source.”[break][break]

she shrugged. ultimately, it was speculation.[break][break]

”as for what to do about it, i’m not sure about that either, unfortunately. we don’t know where exactly it is, or if it’s even in this universe. but for now, we’ve been mining it.”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
tea time [s]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 15:33:52 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ameena knows the very ship after seeing it with Amor. But she can't help but shiver at the acknowledgement that they collectively know nothing about Eternatus. She looks down to her cup of tea for just a moment. She can't stand to look at her reflection as she finds herself with a painful question at the tip of her tongue. [break][break]

"Do you think, in the face of such a threat, it is... unacceptable to keep working on our field of research?" [break][break]

Indeed, since her recent discoveries about Eternatus and even the realization that there are countless space-originated threats surrounding them, a heavy seed of guilt has sat in her stomach about what she does. It's silly, because she's always been willing to leave this entire world behind for a better one, for the dream realm; this world gave her nothing and took everything, and she would abandon it for her mum in an instant.[break][break]

But that wasn't quite it anymore. Things weren't so simple. She liked Hoenn. She liked her fellow scientists in Rocket. Couldn't she spare the effort of fighting to protect it before leaving?

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
tea time [s]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 1:51:57 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
there was surprise in the tilt of her head.[break][break]

unacceptable? no, ameena, on the contrary. our research is very important, at this moment in time especially. it’s why i reached out to you – though i am glad to hear about your other interests. there’s a lot to get sucked into here, that's for sure.” her own plate stayed full, in any role. no fires, but no breaks either.[break][break]

while the leaking of the interdream zone was exciting for many, considering all the power that poured from it, there were reasons to be cautious. reasons to keep studying, even as other threats loomed. reasons she wondered if ameena was aware of yet.[break][break]

”has rose told you any more about the drk triad? maybe their scientist nisa holo, in particular?”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
tea time [s]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 15:22:27 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Lulu had a lot of weight to throw around when it came to Ameena's decision-making, so she considered the fellow scientist's take on importance carefully. It wasn't like Ameena wanted to abandon her life's work, but she could only work enough to keep herself from thinking about the fear Eternatus had instilled in her, and not enough to keep from feeling it. [break][break]

But she felt relief. She would keep on with her projects. She had a large one coming up, if things worked out alright. [break][break]

Ameena paused bring the tea to her mouth at Lulu's sudden change in topic. The DRK Triad again? Was there a development? "No, he has not," she answered. They'd spoken about Megalopolans, but their discussions were largely about otherworldly threats and not the space-manipulating group that Ameena could barely wrap her head around. "I have not heard this name before. What is going on?" She feared the worst. Hoenn had no shortage of dangers, and if Lulu was concerned about it, Ameena had great reason to worry.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
tea time [s]
POSTED ON May 3, 2024 0:07:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
”she’s one a few scientists with the drk triad that seem to be studying our world. her research is on interdream zone. she’s been around since it first started to leak during the star soiree at mossdeep space center, and she’s been a nuisance to us since.”[break][break]

”when we went first mine the tera crystal on meteno 99943, she tried to stop us. she didn’t want the crystal in our world. after we briefly managed to apprehend her for interrogation, she said we’d ‘doomed’ ourselves to a ‘worse fate’.”[break][break]

it was a warning that was easy enough for her to believe after all that had happened since the crystal’s arrival.[break][break]

“i’m sure you must be familiar with macro cosmos’s rondez-view of luv app?” surely it was on abcon’s radar. developers seemed to have collected virtually unknowable information on many of hoenn’s top figures. an anomaly in the digital space, that even featured a couple of the drk triad too. holo’s route seemed to warn us about the influx of endless ideas and paradoxes to our world, and said that it would be one of several threats that would result in the end of all universes.”[break][break]

and she believed it, though it was none of rocket’s concern, was it? not until they were all dead, at least.[break][break]

she sat back and brought her own tea to her lips, reiterating before taking a sip, ”our work is very important.”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
tea time [s]
POSTED ON May 3, 2024 17:07:05 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

How foreboding. [break][break]

Her development lead had kept talking about that app, but Ameena had been in the middle of visiting her notes from the long Alola excursion, trying to decipher a connection between the Tapus and the dream realm. She had not put any time into trying the game out, but it sounds like that had been a mistake. [break][break]

"What do you make of the crystals?" She sipped at her tea. She had considered investing in some for her team since all of her recent interactions with colleagues had ended with a clear lesson that she was too unprepared for the war ahead of them. Lulu's words had done a lot to convince her that she couldn't abandon her dream research in favor of defenses against otherworldly threats. It might be the only way to survive them, in the end. [break][break]

The interdream mist seemed to be around every corner Ameena turned, just like the DRK Triad. She felt a headache coming on as she considered just how many simultaneous threats and scientific developments were occurring. "I feel so unprepared for the coming battle. How is it you seem to be keeping a cool head?" Ameena needed to adjust herself if she was to juggle her research, power-building, and obligations to Rocket properly.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
tea time [s]
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 23:30:01 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
the tera crystals were a threat to all universes, perhaps, but saying so outright had done little for her in rocket. they were interested in what they could get out of it, as with any resource or pokemon.[break][break]

”they’re very powerful, but that’s obvious, isn’t it? i suppose we don’t know enough to make a judgment.” though she’d done so already. still, she admitted, ”part of me feels we ought to be more careful. the other part of me just loaded two of them into my latest project.” she shrugged. ”guess we’ll see.”[break][break]

the approaching war was something she tried not to think about much. with any luck, she’d be able to get by with little combat. she had packed up most of her home lab in anticipation of a move, and if they lost sootopolis, that was her brother’s problem.[break][break]

”i just… don’t really think about it, i guess,” she admitted with a shake of her head, before realizing how strange it probably sounded. ”i mean, there’s so much else to give my attention to. war doesn’t end in this region. there will always be a coming battle.”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights