TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
flightless
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 0:22:34 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
she’d been too anxious lately. recent phenomena inspired strange and inexplicable paranoia, while a coming lunar mission stared back on her horizon like certain death. it was time to shake it all off, and get back to the thrills of living, if only for a moment.[break][break]

when she found herself with something personal to tend to across the region, she took it as an opportunity. a new black motorcycle growled off a lot not far from hoenn’s eastern shore. her destination was far west, to the scarred outskirts of petalburg.[break][break]

unfortunately, she didn’t factor in the congestion of traffic through mauville from the recent calamity, and she missed the last-of-the-day appointment she’d scheduled.[break][break]

when she finally arrived at a vet clinic called zooasis, they’d been closed for at least twenty minutes. however, this would not stop her.[break][break]

after dismounting, dehelmeting, and fruitlessly adjusting a blonde wig which had seen better days, she villainously approached to knock on the front door.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
flightless
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 8:58:56 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
When Lulu arrived, the sky was still high in the sky. A clinic like this worked business hours (except Thursdays). Once upon a time, Doctor McKenna felt guilty about that. As if she belonged in something of higher octane. That only occasional emergency calls made her job somehow less important. But, as her daughter grew, she was grateful. She wasn’t sure she’d be able to handle Mikky on top of everything else.

[break][break]
Still, that guilt drove the young doctor to play a doormat. A volunteer was needed to go do field work? A more experienced doctor wanted help with paperwork? Aubre wouldn’t hesitate to take the figurative bullet. That team-player attitude explained why she was still hard at work in the back when the knocking echoed back. That and she always tried to give the people the benefit of the doubt.
[break][break]

Which, in this case, worked out to roughly 20 minutes.

[break][break]

As the doctor jerked her eyes up, her lips pressed together in a thin line. Was that her patient? She glanced down at her watch—as if it’d matter that the woman was late. It wasn’t like she’d left the exam room yet. “Al, can you let them in?” With an exaggerated sigh, the lizard pushed himself from the doorframe. “Lisk.” He flashed a thumbs-up in return for her gratitude.
[break][break]

Like an animal at the zoo, the electric type peered out at Lulu. A scaled brow jerked upward as he spotted the dead Joltik on her head. From his little pouch, he pulled out a little notepad. Pretending like he didn’t see her, he wrote a little message on the paper. “You’re late.” His frill expanded irritably. If this shit went on, he’d miss 90 Day Fiance. “We’re closed.” The notepad was changed to a smartphone. He yawned and tapped away.

[break][break]

Then, he smirked.
[break][break]

Through the door, the Rocket could hear a song: [break][break]

Look over here, we’ve got an analog clock[break]
It has hands that go around and do not stop[break]
And look right here, we’ve got a digital clock[break]
With more numbers, and it can talk![break]
[break][break]

Unfortunately, so could Aubre. An uncharacteristic annoyance was audible. “Alastor!” With narrowed eyes, the Heliolisk turned the lock. The automatic doors slid open. With a shake of his head, the little dragon held up three fingers. He pointed down the hall: Exam Room 3. The redhead’s voice echoed down the hall. “You can come on back, Miss Amsel.”
[break][break]

Alastor’s breath escaped in a defeatist sigh. Whatever. If his sister wanted to be a sucker, that was her right.

[break][break]

Hopefully, this place had other channels.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

Please leave Al a review on Yelp.

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunstest1]--accent:#5AC575;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunstest1]font:10.5px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 i"]color: #72CD89;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,375 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
flightless
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 2:52:22 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
she eyed back at the heliolisk through the door’s window. what a smart lizard. she hated smart lizards.[break][break]

ignoring the muffled tune about a clock that played from the phone it held, she looked past, leaning to see if she could spot the person who’d remained there. it was perfect, actually, that the place was near-empty. [break][break]

when the lock turned, the heliolisk was met with a tight, satisfied smile that had something unfriendly about it. the heels of her boots thumped lightly against the floor past it, back to exam room 3.

her smile was much more convincing, then.[break][break]

”hello. doctor mckenna-settentrione, i hope? so sorry i’m late – didn’t anticipate the traffic.”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
flightless
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 1:04:46 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
Alastor stepped back as Lulu stepped in. His frill lay halfway expanded, irritation apparent. For a moment, he tries to catch the lady’s eyes. But he knows he’s lost. Aubre would have come back to see a patient. Such a pushover. As Lulu passed, the sore loser almost stuck his tail out. But that’d just make him look like the bad guy.
[break][break]

Aubre turned as Lulu entered. She offers up a shy smile in greeting.
[break][break]

Even through the door, she could hear the television. He was playing deaf to annoy her patient. "I’m sorry about Alastor.” Not that she would ever make him change or actually fire him. His personality was as much part of who he was as the electricity. “He hates it when I work late.” Which was pretty understandable. He hated letting her go home alone. So, when she worked over time, he did too.
[break][break]
“The last time I checked.” That joke fell flat. You really need to stop trying to break the ice. It’s just awkward. She turns the laptop toward her. Lulu’s apology is met with a small nod. "Don't worry about it." The redhead is quick to reassure. “You did come a long way.” That last word inches up in pitch, an almost inquiry.
[break][break]

“I don’t miss the traffic. I’m relieved—” The talk of commuting made her glad to be flying again. Just as she was about to say as much, the doctor froze. Teeth pressed gently on her tongue. She had almost forgotten why they were here.
[break][break]

Let’s not bring that up right now, shall we? Talk about being clueless. But now she was just standing there awkwardly. She tried to turn that hesitation into a period with another smile. She was just relieved. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just in general. Totally. Move on. Just focus on work, shall we?
[break][break]

Around the doorframe, a little pink blob floats into view. The Jumpluff proceeds to float idly around the room before coming to a stop atop the IV stand. The boisterous creature grinned at the lady with the funny hair.
[break][break]

If she wanted to get home before dinner, it was time to get down to business. She gave her mouse two resolute clicks as she gave Lulu her full attention. “Your file said something about a Noivern.”

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

Please leave Al a review on Yelp.

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunstest1]--accent:#5AC575;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunstest1]font:10.5px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 i"]color: #72CD89;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights