she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
158 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
[M] A Tisket, A Tasket, an Oldale Basket
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 6:20:10 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
"Damn it, this should be an easy job!"

Lucia held an large incubator in her arms, currently standing a long ways away from Oldale Town, where they had been expecting the delivery of said egg for the latest spring season for their garden's harvest. She wasn't told what the egg exactly was, but only that it was to be taken to Oldale. So that must have meant it was pretty important!

At least, it was until she had tried to take a shortcut through the routes there and ended up hopelessly lost in the woods surrounding it. She huffed and looked down at the Dunsparce by her, who would look up at its own let out out a noise. Lucia huffed, still lugging the heavy incubator around.

"I told you, we were right on track by the clearing back there." she complained. "Let's rest a minute, this thing's heavy..."

The two stopped by a fallen log as the child groaned. The incubator slowly slid down onto the grass before she followed with a tired slump onto the grass below them.

MISSION: Eggs In One Basket

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 21:10:53 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Whoa, that tickles!" Shalin giggled as she felt reverberation from Rumble the Arbok's rattle shaking at full speed, scaring away wild Pokémon around them. The enormous purple snake was just big enough for Shalin to sit atop its slithering body, the Ranger's eyes shifting as her own frame swished back and forth across the upright section of her unusual mount. While far from a practical way to travel, it was a lot of fun!

As Rumble swished toward the edge of the road to Oldale, his shaking tail caught Shalin off guard. He lunged down the hill, toward a large Pokémon egg that looked like lunch. When the Captain saw an incubator and a human next to the egg, she pulled back on the Arbok's reins hard. "It's not wild, Rumble! Hold your fire!" Turning her head toward her acquaintance from the Vital City Tournament, she greeted the young lady. "Lucia, you okay?" she asked, her mount's tongue flicking back and forth with mesmerizing motion.

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Rumble        Arbok          Good

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
158 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 2:14:13 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
There came a disturbance from afar as the brushes and shrubbery of the woods would shake along. Lucia looked around for any signs of trouble and frowned, wondering what could have possibly been lurking around in an area that was among the most peaceful in Hoenn. Yet as it grew closer, she reached to pull the incubator closer to her in an effort to protect it. It meant a lot to people, so she had to ensure nothing would happen to it!

"Do you he- Gah!"

Hero looked around with her until the Dunsparce emit a soft hum to let her know the direction they were heading in. The danger came in the form of a large Arbok that had made a bid to try and make a mad dash towards the egg and swallow it whole. Yet as it neared, Lucia scooped up the incubator and then scooched back on her behind.

"Nononono! Please don't eat us, please don't eat us..."

The top part of the snake-like Pokemon reared up just in time before it would come to rest right before the young trainer. But sitting on top of it would be a familiar face.

"Shalin?!" Lucia nearly shouted as the adrenaline coursed through her body. After managing to calm herself, Lucia stood up to meet the eyes of the ranger she had met at the VCT. "Yeah, we were on our way to Oldale to delivery an egg and I kinda...got us lost. What're you doing here?"

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 22:25:31 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Rumble's tail hissed again upon being reined to a stop, Shalin giggling again as the shaking coursed through her a second time. "Sorry if I scared you - Rumble is one of my newest Pokémon!" she introduced the large, purple snake who was scaring off most of the wild Pokémon in the area. Only the most tenacious, fearless ones remained.

When asked what she was doing in the wilderness, she replied with her contagous smile that may have been familiar from the tournament. "I've got a bunch of new Pokémon that I had fitted at Verdanturf recently. Rumble's one of them." She stopped when she heard about a delivery. "Sure seems like there's been a lot of demand for egg deliveries of late. Need a hand? I've got a few Pokémon that can help out."

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
158 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 23:54:31 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Lucia looked up at the giant Arbok as it was staring straight at her, or was it the egg inside of its warm home that it had been eyeing? Either case, it definitely wouldn't be too filling for the snake.

”Nice to meet you, Rumble.” Lucia said with a muted wave. She was much too on edge from the intense stare of the snake Pokémon to really calm herself down. ”You're, u-uh, cool.”

Luckily, Shalin had agreed to assist her in delivering the egg just in time for the festival. That was one problem down, but the force preventing the mission was still ever present in front of the child and ranger.

”Really? We could use the help! Do you know the way out of here?”

Hero puffed himself up at the Arbok, I flaring himself to bulk up and not appear so much as a snack. His trainer noticed this and quietly put a hand onto his head to help him calm down.

”I really don't even know if we're close to Oldale anymore…”

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 5:16:45 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
As much as she wanted to slither around Oldale making the rounds for Lucia, the Arbok was not the most adept at carrying any burdens other than Shalin herself. The winding motion couldn't have been good on any eggs, and neither was that rattle. If its shaking was powerful enough to tickle Shalin, it could do a serious number on the unborn Pokémon. "Not by intuition, but let's find out!" She dismounted and withdrew the fanged poison-type, taking her phone out and logging into RangerNet. While any mapping app would do, it was the one she was most familiar with from her work as a Captain. Plus, it would be integrated with other Ranger resources, such as where known outbreaks were. Outbreaks that could be critical to avoid.

"Looks like we're quite a few miles northeast of Oldale," she reported. "You have any Pokémon that are faster than walking?" Clicking open a special Poké Ball, a saddle-wearing Type: Null emerged from it, the normal-type crouching to let the young woman aboard.

{PC: 2}

Lathiel       Type: Null     Good

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
158 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 1:38:18 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
And just like that, Ranger Shalin to save the day! Lucia was happy to see that somebody could find their way back home to civilization instead of just getting lost in the woods all day. It was lucky considering that Lucia didn't have a phone, on the count of technically being homeless.

”Northeast of Oldale? But that means that we passed right by it!” Lucia groaned.

Hero tried to offer some sympathy for her plight by bumping into her leg and letting out a soft noise. Although not enough to push aside her frustration, the sentiment was appreciated

”Riding a Pokémon? You can do that?” Lucia asked. It was a pretty dumb question considering what Shalin had been on top of, but maybe she was part of an ancient family that could ride Pokémon like that. ”I don't really have anything.”

She was covered, as a strange Pokémon she had never seen before would be called out by Shalin. Lucia's eyes went across the surface as her eyes widened at the mysterious creature. ”Who is this?” She asked Shalin, carefully attempting to pull herself on the saddle while keeping hold of the incubator in the same hand.

One aboard, the trailer offered some small signs of affection to the Pokémon. ”She looks cool.”

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 5:40:45 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin gasped when she saw Lucia climb atop the Type: Null. "Wait, she's--"

There were no signs of Lathiel being upset. No bucking, kicking or writhing to send Lucia flying. She was emotionless in the face of her signs of affection, as she had come to expect of the moody Pokémon. "...Lathiel?" the Captain asked. "Lucia, you're brave to get on a Pokémon like that. I'm just glad she's... I wouldn't say warming up to you. Tolerant of you."

Clicking open a second Poké Ball, the yellow-dressed Ranger called from within it a Persian that was quite big for her kind. She, too, wore a saddle, hers looking excessively... gaudy. Comfortable at the expense of functionality.

"These two are Lathiel, a Type: Null, and Serena," she introduced the Persian as well. "She's... been a handful to raise. I've had her for about a year and a month, and I still don't totally understand her. That's why I was so worried. She can be a bit unpredictable, but she seems to be calm for now. Have you ridden a Pokémon at all before, even something like a Ponyta?" she asked. "If you haven't, I can give you a crash course."

{PC: 3}

Lathiel       Type: Null     Good
Serena        Persian        Good

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights