awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
avalanche [c]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 16:35:34 GMT
raphael dos plumas Avatar
[attr="class","rapha"]There was a balancing act to their rhythms, bouncing back and forth between periods of planned excursions versus Raph just showing up and surprising Mint. Usually when Mint had gone AWOL and Raph was nearing the end of the rope he very adamantly insisted did not exist.

This was one of the former, where they’d settled on a date and an activity-- dinner on the town proper and then hanging out-- and, criminally, Raph was having such a good time that he’d almost forgotten the point of it all.

They’d posted up on a bench in a park near Mint’s apartment complex when the lightbulb went off.

“Oh, yeah, I wanted to show you something.”

[attr="class","raphatag"]
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.rapha] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.rapha b] color: #D68C45; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.rapha i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.rapha u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.raphatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.raphatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,661 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
avalanche [c]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 1:01:16 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

The past few months had been incredibly busy. His double workload between streaming and backhand dealing kept him moving, but unfortunately that was bad when he was busy dating. Free time, once he had it, was hard to use if he hadn't communicated with any suitors. So he tried, really he did. He texted back as soon as he could, sometimes instantly out of guilt. He sent photos of his pokemon when able. He collected things to share with Raphael when he visited. [break][break]

Or like now, moving heaven and earth in his planner to make this date. Dinner had been good with conversation flowing with ease and the pair sharing a dessert ( Mint had eaten one too many appetizers to polish it all off on his own). Then, much like their first meeting, Raph had walked him home again, minus the cut in at the alley. Though, he supposed there's always a chance for that to come up again. [break][break]

For now he enjoyed the man's company, tugging him closer for a photo together which he was busy sending back to Raph before they spoke up. "Yeah? What is it?" he asked as he sent the text off. Quietly, while he hoped Raphael was distracted, he used it to change his contact info of the guy, having snuck a photo of him leaving bed and used it instead.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty"]--accent:#94effa; --accent2:#f0ffc5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/85/b0/6IJM3zW2_o.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]

close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
ORTHRUS Meat shield
Vibe checker
you and i
nursing on a poison that never stung
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
lay me gently in the cold, dark earth
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
avalanche [c]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 17:06:39 GMT
[attr="class","rapha"]Raph did not begrudge Mint his time away. The man had a life Raph wasn’t part of, and that was okay. He missed him-- a lot-- but he never got mad or angry. Just a secret, third emotion, somewhere between kicked puppy lovesick and empty longing.

One of his arms stretched over Mint’s shoulders, not holding, just resting, body shifting slightly to press closer together; the other was busy patting at his pockets trying to discern between cigarettes and-- ah, there. Pokeball.

Light flashed bright in the dark, catching off of the Frosmoth’s wings and reflecting like fallen stars. She hovered in the air, flapping gently, deep blue eyes catching the streetlights.

Raph didn’t know a whole lot about Frosmoth but he figured she was a bit bigger than normal-- the Pokedex said they were usually around 4 feet but she was closer to five, five and a half-- and… just a serene picture of beauty that he didn’t have in his life before now.

“I’ve named her Hierbabuena,” he said, leaning close to whisper in Mint’s ear, “Peppermint.”

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.rapha] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.rapha b] color: #D68C45; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.rapha i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.rapha u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.raphatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.raphatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,661 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
avalanche [c]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 4:57:45 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

He sets his phone down, distracted as Raphael leaned in towards him. At the same time, under the few lights of the streetlamps and the skies above, a large white moth appeared. It elegantly flapped, floating in place as the couple gazed upon her. She cooled the immediate vicinity, little ice crystals faking off her wings. "You caught a Frosmoth?" he asked, voice pitching high as he tried not to shriek. Frosmoth were one of the cuter ice types once could hope to find. OR well, beautiful. But cute and fluffy as well. "They're so pretty-" he blurted out. [break][break]

They sheen on perfect white, deep sapphire eyes. Translucent wings. Like a sentient snowflake. He's caught up in his admiration taking in her size before he felt his date's warm breath curl in his ear. Suddenly, no ice type in the world is able to keep the heat from blooming on Mint's cheeks. [break][break]

"Hierb-" The translation makes him turn, nose nearly brushing with Raphael's. "Really?" he holds back a laugh behind a wide grin, shoulders suddenly shaking at the coincidence. "I get it...it's cute. And they look sweet too." he said. "You know, sometimes I use peppermint as an alias online, since it already had part of my name in it." he admitted. Peppermint, after all, was a good protagonist input name for him.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/85/b0/6IJM3zW2_o.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
ORTHRUS Meat shield
Vibe checker
you and i
nursing on a poison that never stung
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
lay me gently in the cold, dark earth
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
avalanche [c]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 17:07:07 GMT
[attr="class","rapha"]“Yeah, I found her in Slateport. She’s really pretty. Reminds me of you-- the whole ‘frost’ motif, and everything.”

Hierba, to her credit, was stoically pretending to not notice the attention, hovering in place such as she was.

Raph, meanwhile, was busy lowering himself, one foot at a time, into his grave. He just didn’t know it, yet.

“Yeah, I know,” he said, not thinking, definitely not thinking, not at all thinking, but thinking about putting Mint’s streams on in the background as he shaved or cleaned up or worked out or just had time to kill. Thinking about hitting the donate button and the Pavlovian response of seeing Mint’s face light up.

His heart and his face dropped in the next two seconds after he realized what he’d said. “Uh, I mean--,”

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,661 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
avalanche [c]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 5:04:34 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Not the pretty part?" Mint teased, refraining from reaching out to touch the Frosmoth. He did, however, reach to his side to pull out a pokeball from his side. Raphael was right on the whole frost thing. Something had teased him about, gently, of course but still. An ice type trainer, with a name like his? Then again, the world was a strange place. [break][break]

No sooner had Mint turned back, ad Raph uttered something without thought. "Huh??" he said, equally without thinking. "Y-You know?" Mint's eyes dart to the ground, to the floating ice type and then back to Raph. [break][break]

He goes over the conversation quickly, pulling back slightly as his cheeks flushed red. "You...you watch my streams?" Of course, they'd talked about it vaguely. Nothing too much other than using it as an excuse to not meet. But it'd been mentioned. He'd just never...assumed? intended revealing anything of the sort for Raphael to follow up on. It was just his job. Same as the photos and the travel and contests. Performance that simply bloomed his numbers and magically converted into capital. [break][break]

He's also not sure how he feels about it either. It'd always been something personal.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights