Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
ANTITHESIS [S]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2024 12:41:22 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Suicune moved in ways Isaac could only wish to. For each desperate, high-speed dodge he made, his patron danced around Necrozma's attacks as if more agile than the water itself. Nevertheless, Isaac could feel how their Pressure wavered. Both of them had come to the same conclusion; a single good hit from their foe would spell the end.[break][break]

Perhaps that made it all the more surprising when Zev chose to stop.[break][break]

It wasn't an arbitrary choice. Three times, Isaac had denied Zev. Three times, his might was tested and found wanting. Neo, the rising star and stable bulwark of Isaac's team, was sent flying as if she was the weight of a feather. Suicune reached out to catch her with their Extrasensory powers, the brief distraction enough to let Necrozma scrape their side. They winced, blood laced with waters of life splattering on the forest floor.[break][break]

Despite this, they had no intention of stopping. And yet Zev had.[break][break]

Isaac blinked. He opened his mouth, then closed it, as if incapable of finding the right words. And then, bereft of anything else, he burst into laughter. "You weren't kidding," he said, remembering those first training sessions on the Rocket sub all those months ago. "You really weren't! Warned me and everything."[break][break]

"There's nothing human left to hurt, is there?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
ANTITHESIS [S]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2024 13:44:02 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"There never was," Zev replied. His breathing was even and steady, as if their battle just now hadn't tired him at all. "It's about time you finally understood that, Isaac." [break][break]

Conversation was normally pointless in the middle of combat, but it bought Zev time to rethink his strategy. Isaac moved with the speed of the wind and the fluidity of water; his Avatarship made him a slippery creature, capable of evading Zev's attempts to capture him. [break][break]

Which meant Zev had to take away Isaac's movement.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social | takes place after this thread

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
ANTITHESIS [S]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 2:10:49 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]In Zev's strategic reassessment, he forgot something. You didn't need to restrict your opponent's movement when they saw no reason to move.[break][break]

Instead of running from tactic to tactic, Isaac walked over to a fallen log. The last few laughs escaped him as he sat down, its ashen surface crinkling ever so slightly under his weight. "Man," he said, sighing as he turned to keep Zev in his vision. "I always kinda knew. But there's knowing, and there's knowing."[break][break]

How could he not? He was one of the few men alive who had gotten a glimpse of the void within. When they sparred in the sub's battle arenas, helping Zev practice for his gym run, he got to see the man contort himself into a new shape in real time. It was a jarring process, less a smooth transition and more him literally snapping himself into the shape of an honorable sportsman. It was an acute reminder of what Zev had to do each and every time he wanted to don a new face.[break][break]

It was such a stark contrast from the Howling. There, Zev ran the roost. He knew everyone's name, even if he could barely care who walked into that door. He crafted a rich, homey environment, every bit as stately as his own (feigned?) apartment. The food, drink, chatter, and memories flowed with abundance, lock-step in orbit around the black hole at the center of it all. It was a place invaluable, even irreplaceable, to so many, to Isaac chief among them.[break][break]

Had it only been one way in which Zev had made himself invaluable to Isaac, it would have been one too many. Yet it was only scratching the surface. He had been a mentor, teaching Isaac damn near everything he knew about unarmed combat. He had been a confidant, advising Isaac on the cusp of the Meteno operation that finally forced his eyes open. He had been, in many ways, a companion, the two accompanying one another to sword schools and Splashfest tents and even fancy, high-society functions.[break][break]

How could somebody who meant so much to Isaac have so little substance? It was as if his life had been shaped by the hands of a ghost.[break][break]

"Maybe that's why I always kept digging. Couldn't believe it 'til I knew for sure. And, well, here we are."[break][break]

"Here we are." The shoreline of an uncharted isle, where Zev loomed in the darkness of the battlefield's fading light. Isaac had wormed his way out of his pursuit, turning the tables on him for the first and only time through a lasso of Z-Powered water. This "grand victory" was little more than slowing him down until he could escape, and yet he felt a sting of pride remembering it.[break][break]

"Here we are." The central tower of the Lesser Megalopolis, where Zev hunted for answers. Judging by his current form, he'd found them. Even then, in the infancy of his ascent, Isaac could do little more than run away, putting everything the tower had to offer between the two. Why did he even bother picking this fight? Why was it so damn important that he had to live this futility out firsthand?[break][break]

"Here we are." The RKS Machine, where the chains that bound the two had broken in full. Isaac had outlived his usefulness and was sacrificed to the raging hand of god. Did Zev realize that it had been his loose lips that let Isaac find Caleb, that set Isaac against , that lead to Suicune being stirred to come to his unworthy aid? Did he even care?[break][break]

"Here we are." The underside of a shack in Oldale, where Zev saved Isaac's life, grabbed him by the throat, and never let go.[break][break]

"Fuck, man. I miss when you at least had to pretend."[break][break]

A basket of freshly made baked goods. A magnificent performance incognito in a sweeping ballroom. A proposal that had came and went in the blink of an eye, before Isaac even had the chance to realize. A name that put the slightest sparkle in eyes that had never known a moment of genuine warmth.[break][break]

"I bet 's gonna miss it, too."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
ANTITHESIS [S]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 2:46:45 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Starlight eyes followed Isaac's movement, even as the fight seemed to seep out of him. Zev did not allow himself to be fooled for one moment, however. He stared, unmoving and unfeeling, as bitter nostalgia poured from Isaac's mouth. [break][break]

The boy's eyes were open now. No longer could he turn a blind eye to the horror of the void in front of him. No longer could he deny the truth beneath the myriad layers of masks. [break][break]

Zev almost laughed at the mention of . What last trick was Isaac trying to pull by mentioning her? Did he think he could sway the Devourer with an emotional plea? About a woman who had already accepted the monstrosity her husband had become? [break][break]

But preserving the lie for Nenet's sake was more important to Zev than gloating at Isaac. After all, the boy was nothing. A nobody. A mere amalgamation of blood and flesh that would, one day, rot away to dust. [break][break]

And so the words flowed easily from Zev's mouth, as easily as every falsehood that had come before: "And I really don't care." [break][break]

A resounding crack shattered the tension in the air as brittle wood split apart. All around them, every towering tree, blackened by the earlier forest fire, snapped. [break][break]

zev can manipulate the gravitational field in his immediate vicinity, allowing him to change the planet's gravitational pull on everything within range, including himself. [break][break]

he can ascend to high places (but not fly), control any falls to the ground, and make himself immovable when grounded. he can also cause other objects, people, and pokemon to rise into the air or force them to the ground.
[break]

The air filled with a rushing sound as they crashed to the ground, great trunks shattering as they smashed into each other. The charred earth disappeared beneath a mountain of toppled wood, including Isaac himself and the log he'd been sitting on. Zev stood amidst it all, watching with cruel dispassion. [break][break]

At the same time, the shard of Necrozma glowed with sudden brilliance. It charged at Suicune, detonating the light enveloping it in a devastating Z-MOVE. [break][break]

Z-MOVE: SINGULARITY[break]
a raging storm of coruscating light explodes outward from necrozma, dealing SUPER EFFECTIVE damage to all pokémon nearest to it.
[break]

After the dust and ash settled, silence fell upon the ruined jungle. Zev turned to his shard, who floated to his side. Without a backward glance at Isaac's burial place, the pair soared into the air and departed for the heavens.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social | takes place after this thread

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
ANTITHESIS [S]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 3:21:13 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]In the gravitational pull of a collapsing star, even the northern wind couldn't escape. Nevertheless, the trapped Suicune wheeled around to defiantly face their foe. The Surf currents, endlessly forming from the air around Suicune and rushing out in a high-power stream, wouldn't stop Necrozma, but they would at least send a message. Even the invincible would face defiance.[break][break]

Up close and personal, Necrozma detonated. Despite Zev's gravitational pull, the eruption was with such force that it sent the legend flying. They righted themselves in the air, the motion launched a spurt of blood from their side, before skidding to a halt by their charge's side. They glared daggers toward Necrozma, head lowed and mane thrashing, but as they took a shaky step forward they flinched.[break][break]

They couldn't finish the fight. Not like this. Not when Zev was about to send the forest crashing down on them. All they could do was brace themselves. It was more than Isaac could do. Zev's gravitational pull had already sent him straight through his log perch, splintering it clear in half. Side by side, the two could only look towards each other as the forest's shadow loomed.[break][break]

All was silent. All was still. And then Zev was gone.[break][break]

In a forest devoid of all life, ash and timber began to tremble. With each shake, more and more detritus fell away, revealing the heavily-cracked glacier that dwelled beneath. Inside lay Suicune, knee buckled and face frozen into a hateful snarl. It was not until the glacier splintered into a cloud of frost that the legend could finally stumble free.[break][break]

There was no triumph written on their features. There was no grim resignation, either. Instead, there was almost a sense of shock as they got a sense of their bearings. It was as if they hadn't even been sure of their own survival. They looked around, the Pressure in the air mounting as they tried to figure out what had happened.[break][break]

As the frozen vapors flowed back into Isaac's outstretched hand, the answer became all too clear.[break][break]

"Guess that makes us even, huh, buddy?" Isaac's tone was light, but his face was solemn. It was clear that this day, and all other days spent with Zev, were going to stick with him for a long, long while. "A few more logs and we would've been goners. But like hell if I'm gonna let you get hurt for my recklessness."[break][break]

Recklessness, indeed. To channel that much of Suicune's own hydrokinesis took a lot out of Isaac. Practically the moment he reassured Suicune, sheer fatigue cost him his footing. He fell against Suicune's side, the legend's smile soft and grateful as it supported him. "C'mon. Let's go home."[break][break]

Worn down, banged up, and more acutely aware of the enormity that was Zev than ever before, the two limped away from this blighted land.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,486 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
ANTITHESIS [S]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 23:46:51 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven