thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
APPREHENSION
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 8:02:44 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","becketttheobg"]

[attr="class","becketttheotxt"]

[attr="class","becketttheoicon"]
"because he still lives."

she succeeded in her mission to deliver the CORRUPTED RED SHARD which would inadvertently damage the league one way or another, but the league's most volatile piece remains on the board, alive and relatively well.

"run, he said to you, perhaps knowing what would become of him. one last true act of love and defiance. very romantic."

smoke follows another drag of his cigarette.

"i suspect that love still lives as well. it would be foolish not to investigate, and costly not to capitalize should my suspicions prove true."
[attr="class","underbossbecktag"]

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt a]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
APPREHENSION
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 2:57:02 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

The man couldn't be serious. He wanted her to face after all that she'd done to him?[break][break]

Every fiber of Elisabeth's being resisted this implication, shoulders tensing and jaw clenching as she bit back the vehement 'no' she wanted to shout back at him.[break][break]

"You greatly overestimate my influence," she said instead, keeping her voice calm even though her nails dug into her skin. "A significant shift in circumstances occurred between then and now."[break][break]

The smoke filling the room had become suffocating. It suddenly hurt to breathe.[break][break]

" died. His death is directly tied to me, and with it, is painted a laughingstock and a traitor. Whatever love Matias believed he had for me, his grief and his rage will be greater."[break][break]

She'd predicted this what felt like a thousand years ago: that she'd disappoint him, before he had the chance to disappoint her.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
APPREHENSION
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 16:48:15 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

he estimates correctly, having felt her influence firsthand. if he stops, he can still feel GRUDGES prickling up his spine. he drowns the sensation with another drag, hiding in the smoke.

she speaks of love and grief and rage which are all familiar to the stoic underboss, having experienced them in varying degrees in the past and in the present.

"possibly, though none of us can know for certain."

he exhales, filling the room with more smoke.

"fret not, underboss fiorelli, for the risk is not only yours to bear. it is all of ours."

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
APPREHENSION
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 3:02:07 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Is that right?"[break][break]

His smoke seeped into her clothing, tangled itself in her hair, and soured her every breath. Through the grey haze, she kept her eyes fixed upon him, refusing to let him escape her scrutiny.[break][break]

A suppressed laugh, its incredulity a smothered and strangled sound, rattled the cage of her ribs.[break][break]

"So when wants revenge on me for what I've done, you'll be the ones with his hands on your throat?"[break][break]

Without preamble, she began to unbutton the first few buttons of her blouse, revealing her collarbone and the ring of bruises that bloomed a purple ring about her neck.[break][break]

Hate sparked like flint in her emerald eyes as she leaned back in her chair.[break][break]

"Well," she said, exhaling a soft scoff despite herself. "How reassuring."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
APPREHENSION
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 5:16:54 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

the purple ring around her neck does not even get a second look, the first impassive at best as he regards it with a soft "hm," that escapes through closed lips. he has seen and experienced far worse.

"your loss is our loss. we would feel it all the same, certainly." he says simply. coldly.

after one final exhale of smoke, he crushes the cigarette in the tray, squishing it against the cool steel.

"would you like assistance? contingencies? backup? what's the roadblock here?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
APPREHENSION
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 6:15:29 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"You misunderstand me. It's not that I require reassurance of safety. It's that I am uninterested in taking the risk at all."[break][break]

No contingency could reassure her. No 'back-up' could keep her secure. Her loss was never anyone else's loss.[break][break]

Rocket would discard her as easily as he discarded the used cigarette in his ash tray, and mourn her as briefly.[break][break]

"You could always whore yourself out to , instead," she suggested, letting her eyes lazily flit over his frame. "What you lack in charisma you could make up for in sheer, stubborn persistence."[break][break]

Half of her knew her sneering mockery was pouring more kerosene on the tatters of her burning reputation; the other half of her simply didn't care.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
APPREHENSION
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 6:41:16 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

though his expression remains coldly the same, severity claims his tone and reflects in his gaze.

"and you misunderstand me, underboss fiorelli. this isn't a request—this is a directive straight from the top—and unless you intend on refusing the boss, and by extension team rocket, i suggest you use your charisma and do what you're good at."

whore yourself out again.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
APPREHENSION
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 13:36:32 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The temperature seemed to plummet all around them, icy as any artificial winter that 's HATE could summon. Her fingers tightened on the arm of her chair, gripping it until her knuckles went white.[break][break]

"I delivered both and to on a silver platter," she began, slow and even, "and now you tell me he wishes for me to pick at the corpse of the former Elite Four like a Mandibuzz?"[break][break]

He was bluffing. He had to be. She didn't trust as far as she could throw him.[break][break]

The tiniest sliver of that possibility, nonetheless, still existed.[break][break]

"It must be demeaning, being reduced to this." A false softness entered her tone, cloying in its pity. "Playing errand boy for the head of Rocket, after all you've accomplished in your tenure."[break][break]

This time, her wistful smile was genuine. She positioned her knife just so, then struck.[break][break]

"But Kanto was a long time ago, wasn't it? And Rocket has a short memory."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
APPREHENSION
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 6:00:54 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

he nods only to raise an eyebrow when she says demeaning. she would've never lasted in kanto, struck down and discarded from the very first instance of her odd positioning.

her knife struck but would find no purchase.

"it is a privilege to be trusted with any directive from the head of rocket. it is not a reduction of anything; it is an honor. feeling anything but would be bordering treason. voicing anything but is treason."

he spares a gesture, motioning to the door.

"bring it up to the boss if you wish, just know he and i are on the same page regarding infighting. now, how would it look for an underboss to undermine a fellow underboss' authority, respect, and as you mentioned, his accomplished tenure?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
APPREHENSION
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 6:13:50 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Do you so enjoy the taste of leather," she caught herself wanting to snap back, "to lick Walsh's boots so thoroughly?"[break][break]

"And yet, you're undermining me now," she said instead, standing her ground with unerring stubbornness. "You aren't speaking to me as a peer, but as a minion. Did you forget? I don't serve you, Beckett. But if you feel like tattling on me to Walsh, well."[break][break]

A huff of air escaped her as she let out a derisive laugh. The mental image of that meeting both incensed and entertained her thoroughly.[break][break]

"Tell him you think I'm a treasonous snake if you want. My actions speak for me, and will continue to speak for me."[break][break]

Two Avatarships to wield for Rocket. Two League Avatars, fallen, as a result of her actions. One councilman briefly compromised due to her efforts.[break][break]

What were a few heated words with in comparison? The scales would tip in her favor, she knew. Her value to the organization outweighed his threat.[break][break]

For now, another voice warned. That might change. Things always change.[break][break]

was a prime example of that.[break][break]

"Besides. You of all people are in no place to take the high ground when it comes to treason."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
APPREHENSION
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 8:58:33 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

her accomplishments strengthen her position, tipping the scales in her favor, but it's only a matter of time before they start tipping the other way.

"for now."

things change all the time. even now as they sit bickering like a married couple on the verge of death, things continue to change. the best they or anyone can do is adapt and survive.

his brief moment of weakness had been just that: his attempt to adapt and survive. he was simply blinded by fear at the time.

"i have no idea what you mean."

seeing no point continuing in circles, he waves her away before reaching for his journal to continue what he'd been doing before she entered.

"that will be all, underboss fiorelli."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
APPREHENSION
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 6:33:23 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Unbridled fury stormed within her, denied release as he dropped the thread of their conversation. She bit her tongue, fighting against the instinct to provoke him further.[break][break]

Some sick, twisted part of her enjoyed that -- making other people unravel, the way she herself so often did.[break][break]

"I'm sure you remember the things that are convenient to remember," she said finally, compromising between spite and reason as she arose from her seat. "I do the same, that's all."[break][break]

Her eyes swept over the office, memorizing all its useless minute details as if they might be useful later, before she turned to see him already occupied in some mundane office task.[break][break]

It irritated her, to be dismissed so easily by a man who imagined himself her better, despite the equal rank between them.[break][break]

"If has appointed you the caretaker of this mission, then forward it to Admin Bee," she said sharply, turning away to approach the closed door. "He can oversee my progress with , should it be demanded."[break][break]

If this is a bluff, I'll make you commit to it, her eyes warned as she glanced back at him one last time. might be quick to lie to her, but ? She was less certain of that.[break][break]

She trusted Bee could better distinguish between fact and fiction than her, at any rate.[break][break]

"Best of luck trying to impress Walsh. If you're lucky, maybe you'll get an early retirement. Get to go fishing or something."[break][break]

A careless shrug dismissed that thought before she departed him, enjoying that reprieve from his company for as long as fate would allow her.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights