Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[attr="class","eris102"]TO THE MOON AND BACK, I'LL LOVE YOU MORE THAN THAT
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]As anyone may know, breaking and entering someone's home is most definitely considered a crime. This is, however, judged based on human standards. In the eyes of a pokemon, this Pichu that sits upon her shoulder in particular, a home that can be entered is simply another space that they are welcome to explore.[break][break]

Of course, being the responsible trainer that she is, Eris stops them from attempting to climb in through an open window. And of course, being a responsible and sane person, she instead decides to go by the front door and repeatedly ring the bell without the slightest hint of hesitance between each press.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]dewford
[attr="class","eris103"]
[attr="class","eris103"]MUSIC
[break]
NOTES
DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DINGDINGDINDGINDG[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris99]width:500px;height:250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103 a]color:#333333!important;font:8px Helvetica;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris109 b]font:bold 10px Helvetica;color:#a0bad6;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Montserrat:400,700]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,758 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
thin mints || c
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 5:43:10 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The moral of this story was that Pichu were pricks, Mesprit was a trespasser, and that the Red Chain was simply a form of restraining order. Luckily, Eris's commitment to the rules was what saved Mesprit from triggering the security alarm that had installed in the condo.

If the sheriff was going to be working himself to the bone, the least he could do was leave the admin with some defense against Dewford's notorious population of cat burglars, led by a certain cat that constantly shouted 'Yar!'

"I'm coming, gimme a sec, fuck..." Howard yawned as he crossed the spacious condo towards the door. Unlike his old apartment, Howard could actually walk around without knocking something valuable over. "It's so early, mail's not due for another few hours..."

He opened the door and looked around for a moment, before looking down.

"Why? How?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,751 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
thin mints || c
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 8:28:29 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]It sure is weird seeing Howard in such a cushy living space. Curiosity beckons her to be a little cheeky, peeking past him into the interior of the house. And yet, she's still somewhat polite enough to know that she shouldn't barge right in without being invited.[break][break]

"Mornin' sleepyhead!" A bright smile, all well masking the confusion at what those questions could possibly mean. Reiner merely dips his head in greeting, an eye kept out for any suspicious movements from the Pichu (which is to say, he watched them inhale a Yeggo waffle whole).[break][break]

"So when didja move, Howard?"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES
DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DINGDINGDINDGINDG[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,758 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
thin mints || c
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 18:33:51 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Eris was right. Howard living above the poverty line was an affront to the world. A nightmare made manifest, it creeped out of the darkest dreams of man and into reality.

"Little lady, it is..." He checked his watch, his good eye squinting down at the archaic face. He must've been one of the only people in the region who still wore a watch. "Eight in the morning on a weekend. Is Dewford burning again?"

He peered out past Eris towards the serene ocean. No screaming, no burning, no gurgling screeches of and her Nihilego. Definitely not burning.

His Yeggo Waffle stash did, though.

"I moved in... a week ago? Maybe two? Who told you I was here? ? ?" Howard scratched his cheek as he pondered it. For a guy who knew every important date under the sun, he was awful at remembering his own life. "Doesn't matter, I guess. Come in. Want breakfast?"

For Pichu, it would likely be second, third, and fourth breakfast.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,751 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
thin mints || c
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 12:28:22 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]She's surprised that Howard can immediately tell it's her. Then again, acting all familiar with Reiner by her side probably gives it away. Or maybe it's just the fact that there's a Pichu that's eating Yeggo waffles beside her.[break][break]

"I have ways of knowing!"[break][break]

Yeah, she'd found out through . But that doesn't matter as soon as she's let in, a gleeful giggle muffled as she slips past him into the room. Once she's in, it's every shred of attention poured over the intricacies of the room. There are many things you can glean off one's furniture and decorations. Hell, even the books upon the shelves or the state of the room tells a lot about them.[break][break]

"Do you even have anything?" She's as genuine as she can get. She's seen his grocery bills. She knows of his poor financial decisions.[break][break]

"Do you have enough food for yourself?"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES
broke binch[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,758 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
thin mints || c
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 17:26:20 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Eheheheh...." He scratched his cheek and looked away. "You could say that."

A look in the pantry would reveal that he did, in fact, not. On the contrary, scrolls and dusty books filled the pantry, allowing it to act as an extra bookshelf. A disturbingly small section was dedicated to Yeggo waffles, alcohol, and saltine crackers. Truly, this was the banquet of kings.

Pichu would feast, at least.

"I have enough for sandwiches, at least." He said sheepishly as he turned to look at Eris. The only difference between his former apartment in Rustboro and his new condo was the fact that the condo wasn't completely frowning in artifacts yet. Still, much of the same stuff from there was now here.

Still, the artifacts Howard collected looked to be in better shape than the man himself.

"I have... hm... peanut butter. Marshmallow fluff... Jelly..." He peered into his fridge. "Heck yeah, we're feasting today little lady!"

Poverty.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,751 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
thin mints || c
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 4:17:40 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]That laugh is secret code for no. At least, not what the normal person would consider enough. Her eye glaze over the alcohol bottles, take in the copious amounts of writing he has within these walls.[break][break]

"Yeah." She nods to herself. "I expected this much."[break][break]

Gifted with some amount of foresight, she sets her backpack upon the counter and begins pulling out several lunchboxes. Pancakes, sausages, scrambled eggs, sandwiches, some fruits.[break][break]

"I only brought juice."[break][break]

Mostly for her and Mesprit, but she'd still brought enough to afford sharing.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,758 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
thin mints || c
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 9:23:47 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The fact that Eris had expected nothing from Howard should've been a bigger hurt to his ego. Unfortunately, Howard's dignity had collapsed in on itself long ago. He was just scrambling to defend what little still existed.

Unfortunately, that didn't include defending it from the little lady unpacking her backpack.

"Eheheheheh..." Howard drooled as Eris revealed a large spread of lunchboxes, capable of feeding Howard for days, weeks, and months, and even years!

Likely just days.

"You really do care about me, little lady! You couldn't sit and let me starve, could you?"

His enthusiasm was infectious as he patted Eris on the head, cackling to himself about the food bill he wouldn't have to pay.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,751 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
thin mints || c
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 13:16:03 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]Part of her worries if this would be considered reinforcing his behaviour. If she coddles him and ensures that he has food each time, he'll never learn how to set aside money for his own living expenses. And yet, she feels as if he wouldn't survive long enough to have that lesson etched into his brain.[break][break]

Each month, a big pay. Each month, another laundry list of bad spending choices.[break][break]

"Yeah, well... I felt it'd be pretty rude to just drop in uninvited and empty your pantry." Not that Mesprit would understand the definition of rude in this context. She reaches up to cover her head, but can't quite seem to escape the proud pats that Howard gives. "Did you use all your money to move or something?"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights