Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
MUTUAL ENEMIES
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 6:52:46 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","angel"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","symbol"][attr="class","fas fa-fire"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

" is here."
[break][break]

"Send her in."
[break][break]

She'd done this song and dance before. Numerous times, in fact.
[break][break]

Typically, the conversations hardly differentiated themselves from one another. Deriving from argumentative positions, even without thought, the councilwoman was naturally prepared to defend against any conversation prepared for her.
[break][break]

Even when coming from one her of least favorite people.
[break][break]

When the door eventually opened, Penelope maintained her seat, only doing so much as glancing up from the scattered paperwork.
[break][break]

"Henderson," she greeted, "glad to see you could make the trip."
[break][break]

[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".angel"]--accent:#A54339; --headercolor:#2E2B2B;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel"]width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border: 1px solid # #2d2d2d; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel b"]color:var(--accent); font:14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel a"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel i"]color:#ddd; text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .inner"]padding: 30px 30px 30px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .sidebar"]width: 100px; padding-top: 20px; float: left; text-align:center; display: inline-grid; justify-content: center; justify-items: start; [/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .postbox"]color: #eee; font: 12px 'Poppins'; text-align: justify; margin-left: 120px; border-top: 1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 15px; border-color: #292929;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .avatarimg img"]width: 90px; height: 90px; float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin-left:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .chartag"]font:15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); text-align:center; margin-top:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .pkmnteam"]width: 130px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .pkmnteam img"]margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .headerh"]height:20px; background:var(--headercolor); opacity:0.5;[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom: 28px; opacity: 0.3; right: 9px;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; color:#8f9f9f;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .symbol"] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; color: #757575; font-size: 230px; opacity: 0.03; z-index: 2; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Abril+Fatface]
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,141 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
MUTUAL ENEMIES
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 7:29:05 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango annal"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
of every government body that could have called her to ever grande, is the furthest from her mind. but hers is the first name staring at her at the top of her inbox, looking more like a glitch in the system than a genuine invitation. [break][break]annalise's relationship with the league is sitting on a rotting foundation, but she still shows fidelity. she still comes when called. [break][break]"councilwoman."[break][break] 's words repeat in her head as she takes a few steps into her office, letting the door whisper shut behind her. [break][break]"isn't duty enough?"[break][break]her eyes search the councilwoman's face for confirmation that her employee had been telling her the truth. [break][break]"you wanted to see me?"[break][break]she skips over the pleasantries and cuts to her curiosity. in the gulf between her question and penelope's answer, she combs through her mind for a reason, but she can't think of anything that wouldn't filter through instead.
[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".annal"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
MUTUAL ENEMIES
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 7:53:29 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","angel"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

She skipped over the pleasantries and cut to the center of their conversation - good.
[break][break]

It made swallowing down this time easier.
[break][break]

"I heard you hold some discontentment,"
[break][break]

Towards the league, she wanted to say, though, no explanation was necessary on that front. As judge and executioner to the very rulings that kept her locked behind bars, prying felt unnecessary.
[break][break]

"Towards our amnesty program."
[break][break]

[attr="class","headerh"]

[newclass=".angel"]width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border: 1px solid # #2d2d2d; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel a"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel i"]color:#ddd; text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .sidebar"]width: 100px; padding-top: 20px; float: left; text-align:center; display: inline-grid; justify-content: center; justify-items: start; [/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .postbox"]color: #eee; font: 12px 'Poppins'; text-align: justify; margin-left: 120px; border-top: 1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 15px; border-color: #292929;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .avatarimg img"]width: 90px; height: 90px; float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin-left:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .chartag"]font:15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); text-align:center; margin-top:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .pkmnteam img"]margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .headerh"]height:20px; background:var(--headercolor); opacity:0.5;[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom: 28px; opacity: 0.3; right: 9px;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; color:#8f9f9f;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .symbol"] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; color: #757575; font-size: 230px; opacity: 0.03; z-index: 2; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,141 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
MUTUAL ENEMIES
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 8:18:03 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
her reaction spells her guilt before her words do. the accusation breaks over her and she doesn't react strongly, doesn't scramble for excuses. it's true — and she's made her opinions known to enough people to be unable to pinpoint where got her information from in these fleeting seconds. [break][break]"i do." [break][break]anxiety forms a tight knot in her stomach as she confesses the truth. the councilwoman has the power to strip her of her position, of her career, of anything that matters to her anymore. she would rather have do it, if it had to be anyone. not some distant councilmember who has heard her work for the rangers secondhand. [break][break]"do you want to hear my discontentment? from me instead of someone else?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
MUTUAL ENEMIES
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 8:27:08 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","angel"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

might've been the first to make mention of it, but he wasn't the last. There were others, too. Some tied to loyalty, like , and some tied to fear. Either way, the results were the same.
[break][break]
"I'd rather hear it from you, but not many are brazen enough to be forthcoming with these types of conversations, so I thought it easier to ask."
[break][break]
Hence the invitation.
[break][break]
Hence the swallowing of her own discontentment.
[break][break]
Hence the concealment of her motives beyond swallow retellings of information already uncovered.
[break][break]
Folding her hands together over the stacks of paperwork, the councilwoman tilted her head at the ranger. No smile in sight. "So, tell me ranger Henderson: what spurs on these feelings?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","headerh"]

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,141 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
MUTUAL ENEMIES
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 22:39:27 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
her eyes harden at the question.[break][break]"i was taken by rocket."[break][break]and to annalise, this clipped explanation is enough. a few months earlier, she would have let it stand on its own, shaky legs before , frustratingly unknowable in its fledgling form. she's had enough clashes with the amnesty program to put some fight back in her, though, so she continues as she's rehearsed so many times to so many different people. [break][break]"and i don't want to work with people who just left rocket."[break][break]the careful neutrality in her expression burns away as the temperature rises in her voice. [break][break]"like, where were they a year ago? two years ago? poaching pokemon? selling them on the black market? killing rangers? and i'm supposed to go to work every day and treat them like my equal?" [break][break]she shakes her head, dismissing the very notion. [break][break]"i chose to be a ranger. i've dedicated my entire adult life to it. you can fire me for criticizing the amnesty program, but the rockets phoning it in just so they can graduate aren't going to pick up my slack."[break][break]her fingers tremble where they dangle at her sides, though it's unclear if it's out of anger or anxiety.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
MUTUAL ENEMIES
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 4:12:19 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","angel"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

"I take it that you do not believe in the right to second chances then."
[break][break]
Out of all the rangers in the league, out of all the trainers in hoenn, it was with twisted vengeance that came to be one of the few with brains. And while every piece of her pride warned against shifting ties, there was no overlooking the horrors of their future reality if changes weren't written in their story soon.
[break][break]
And so she regarded the young blonde with more than hidden threats. For once, she nodded, more in curiosity than disdain.
[break][break]
"But what of those who've spilled no blood? Or those taken in young, before ever being given the chance to truly choose for themselves? "
[break][break]

[attr="class","headerh"]

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,141 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
MUTUAL ENEMIES
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 6:36:55 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"not for them." [break][break]annalise is comfortable dealing with team rocket — and by extension, former team rocket members — in absolutes. dangles scenarios in front of her nose, but her expression doesn't change. her opinion doesn't change. [break][break]"they're complicit either way, aren't they? you can do terrible things without hurting someone directly. and people taken by them when they're young are probably indoctrinated worse than the rest."[break][break]it feels like a test. a gotcha meant to make her question her beliefs. she wonders if has fished these questions straight from amnesty program profiles. [break][break]"if there's a perfectly innocent amnesty program person out there, they're not any of the ones i've met."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
MUTUAL ENEMIES
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 8:46:27 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","angel"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

"A blanket view of justice can be a dangerous one," she warned, though her eyes never waved. They remained bright, two beacons of carved curiosity, burrowing deeper into the very blank canvas of untapped potential.
[Break][break]
In many ways, it was a moment of rekindling. Reminiscent of burning buildings and early naivety.
[Break][break]
"You know, I spoke to Greyson about this very topic not too long ago. "
[Break][break]
But differences still divided them. Many of which she couldn't fully recall, despite every attempt to do so. Still, she held onto their ghosts, as she does time and time again, always to bitter ends.
[Break][break]
"And I'll tell you what I told him: this is the league supports. One of second chances and forgiveness, whenever possible. This is a program managed by our head ranger, supported fully by councilwoman . "
[Break][break]
Rising from her station, the councilwoman sieged the moment, maneuvering around her desk, and repositioning in front of it. Leaning back, her hands curved over the edge of its lip.
[Break][break]
"Which is why I'd be a fool to dismiss one of the few still left with reason on this matter."

[break][break]

[attr="class","headerh"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights