1,877 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Fragmentum Somnio (Social)
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 22:00:21 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

He woke up, or so he thought only to find that he was in a city of which the likes he'd never seen before. Amor was a well traveled man, having been to almost every region at least once in his life, but this was foreign to him. Looking around he saw what he thought were Megalopolans, but they weren't the crazed ones that he'd heard about from the stories, and reports. They seemed relatively normal at the moment. Looking down at himself he realized that he was back to wearing his usual tailored kalosian black suit. Was this a dream? If it was then maybe could conjure Draco, or Erebus, and he squinted his eyes focusing hard.

To his chagrin nothing happened, and with a frown he began to walk. It felt real. In the back of his mind he knew that this was some sort of illusion, some form of dream? He remembered falling asleep. So where was he?

Wandering around the grandiose city he couldn't help, but muse at the similarities of this place, and Lesser Megalopolis from his venture with not to long ago. Looking around trying to absorb as much information as he could, he saw someone familiar. Dark skin, with pink colored hair swam into his vision, and he made his way to the familiar person, and he smiled at them. A bit of relief at the familiar face, and then a frown at the realization that her being here meant she was captured as well.

"I want to say I'm glad to see you....But that would mean I'm happy you got kidnapped....What a conundrum...." He said letting a small smile cross his lips regardless. "Though a familiar face not behind a mask is still a welcome sight....How are you Ameena?"

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 16:03:35 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

The city had an abundance of light, people, and energy; it was a contrast to the isolation of the cells. The architecture reminded her of -[break][break]

"Oh?" She turned to see the one and only Amor, but she couldn't fight the sigh that escaped her as he confirmed her suspicion: that the prison was real. "I had hoped it was a dream," she muttered with little amusement. "Those creatures running the jail, I've never seen them. It is much like seeing that little green pokemon with the mask in RKS. I thought... this had seemed like that situation all over again."[break][break]

Indeed, it seemed like they were witnessing never-before-seen pokemon in the jail, much as RKS had given that masked one an appearance. For all the RKS had shown, it had seemed to be a reliable narrator of different multiverses - or something along those lines. She had many serious thoughts and hypotheses to share, but Amor had approached her light-heartedly, so she bit down the darker thoughts and aimed for levity: "How is prison treating you?"

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena"]--accent:#EF59D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,877 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 12:46:36 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

At the mention of how prison was treating him he frowned hard.

"I plan to make the whomever is in the Ugly Ward suffer....Considering they potentially tried to kill me, and those in my ward...." He spoke simply to her, the aura of seething rage barely contained beneath the veneer of politeness that he was holding up. "After all the work I went through to make sure we didn't forsake that other ward, so we could all escape alive....An unwelcome wrench was thrown into my plans....Other than that I'm roommates with the woman who tried to kill me before I defected to Rocket....So it's been peachy...." His words were dry, and sarcasm, but he just sighed.

He should really stop complaining to her, otherwise she might start charging him for therapy.

"What about you? Assuming you didn't try to condemn me....I hope you're mostly unscathed." It was a statement not a question. He looked her over despite knowing it was a dream of some sort, and hoped she had it better than the rest of them. Of course despite the venom in his voice, there was genuine concern in his voice for her well being. She was one of the few people that he was comfortable around, one of the few that hadn't vanished on him for no reason. Reliable people were hard to come by.

"Should we look around this place?" Her company was preferable to that of at the very least, and he could escape the hell of that place for a while.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 15:09:05 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ameena's heart raced as he mentioned taking down the Ugly ward. She considered what to say, but then he mentioned rooming with someone who had tried to kill him before he defected. "It is hard to imagine you defecting into Rocket; you are so unhindered by unnecessary ethical dilemmas that I always pictured you as being born right in the break room." She smiled with teeth at the visual image of baby Amor in Rocket HQ. [break][break]

Really, he did seem emblematic of the scientific drive and accomplishments possible when one ignored useless sentiments. [break][break]

He rotated back to the condemning, and she swallowed before speaking. "Condemn is such a strong word," she began, waving her hand in the air dismissively. "But I did believe this was all dream given its absurdity, so please do not take it personal. As for myself, I am a little offended I was sorted into the Ugly ward without you." For obvious reasons. She found herself in a good mood with a familiar face and competent partner in crime for unravelling the hellish confusion of the penitentiary. [break][break]

She looked around as he offered sightseeing. "Of course. There is much to learn about the Megalopolans that I could not gather from their battered ship." A stroll offered more normalcy than she'd felt recently, and it was ideal to smooth things over in case Amor did hold the condemnation over her.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,877 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 16:08:24 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"If I told you about my upbringing...." He let the words hang in the air for a bit. "You'd perhaps question my sanity more than you already do, Ameena...." He said her name with an easy smile noting how amused she was at the thought of him as a baby. "Perhaps....If we make it out of this alive....I might let you have a peek into my mind...." Because if she survived this, there would be no further need to question her worthiness. Would it always take an extreme trial like this to prove to him that someone was worth his time? Maybe? But if she died so readily then it was useless to get attached on any level.

At her confession his eyes bore straight into hers.

"Condemn. Verb. Second definition, to sentence someone to a particular punishment, especially death." He used that almost perfect memory of his to correct her. "It is the most appropriate word...." Whether she voted for him or not, there was a seething anger bubbling underneath him, but she was an ally, and it was the last part of her statement that brought some hesitance into his feelings.

Sorted into the ugly ward without him.

Did she want to be locked up in the same cell with him? He quirked a brow.

"You make it sound like you wanted to be stuck with me...." Whether that was true or not he didn't know, but his feet started to move, and he assumed she would keep pace with him. "Next time....I'll try to make sure I'm kidnapped a little closer to you then, improve our odds...." His voice held no emotion at the moment, and he didn't mind leaving her guessing on if he was just kidding or not.

The real question remained on what it was they would find here exactly.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 17:12:20 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

"I have nothing but questions about your upbringing, but I do believe you... I might need to secure a therapist before I get into your past. You already make me feel like I am graying early." And okay, he was perhaps correct about condemning on a very technical level, but she wasn't happy about it. Guess that made two of them. [break][break]

"Do not take it as such a compliment," she insisted as she followed him. "I only mean that you are certainly harder on the eyes than I am." She turned more heads than he did, though perhaps he would have her beat when he's in his armor. [break][break]

The Megalopolans she saw wandering the city looked so happy. "I wonder what the relevance of this dream is. There is no way we selected this for ourselves, especially given that we are sharing a realm here. If the Megalopolans have a way to select dreamscapes like this, they are years ahead of my own research." She wanted a heist in the penitentiary, but she barely had the means to survive. She was at their mercy. [break][break]

"The breakthroughs they must have had in dream research to accomplish throwing us here... But putting that aside, they must have done this intentionally. Do you think they mean to make us regret their loss of civilization? To sympathize?"

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,877 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 18:09:15 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"Oh so you think I'm ugly? I'm wounded...." He said noting her displeasure when he gave the definition to her, and that made him smirk for a moment. Still they continued to walk through the dreamscape, and it was her theory as to what this place that caused him to pause. Amor remembered how the Tera Crystal reacted when he slotted it into his machine, and how he had summoned Regidrago, or a version of it.

"No it's not technology....It's their desire, their dreams aren't being chosen like this....The Tera Crystals are making their collective desire a reality, er well....A form of reality...." He explained to her, and he looked around at the city. "I only guess as much since I did the same with that Regidrago remnant I mentioned to you that I summoned....The Tera Shard I put into the machine summoned the object of my desire....This is that but on a much grander scale." Which made sense to him since Tera Crystals were so abundant in the waking world.

"If enough people dream of something....Well it can be made reality with the Tera Crystals is my hypothesis, but the issue is getting everyone on the same page...." A plan began to form in his mind, if all three wards collectively wished for freedom what would happen then? What would the Tera Crystals do in reaction to them? Was this perhaps the moment that he had been waiting so patiently for. If all three wards together could make the Tera Crystals breathe life into their desire as they had done with the Megalopolans....There was a chance....

However that train of thought was interrupted as he saw in one of the buildings there were six pods, and each of them contained one of his pokemon, the one in the first pod was Draco, his Dragonite....

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 18:27:55 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ameena found her jaw literally dropping incrementally as Amor spoke, weaving a tale of an experiment that most certainly would contribute to her research. She had yet to utilize tera crystals, prioritizing interdream mist instead. That needed immediate adjustment. "Good to know the finer details of that experiment," she said as she collected herself. She wanted to smack him for not immediately telling her about the dream-tera relation, but she had voted to kill him, so. Perhaps, she had to let this one go. [break][break]

"Well. There seems to be a lot of consciousnesses here, so I believe this is a large scale of what you have described. I think this theory is our best shot at freedom. Fezandipiti showed our ward the desire mask. Dreams and desire are a huge piece of the puzzle here." She wondered if that was what the deities resided over. But three for desire? It wasn't so likely. [break][break]

Perhaps they reigned over the opposite of the wards, being wardens of those lesser than them. Beauty, strength, intellect. Those were qualities deserving of a deity, one who embodied it and could grant it. "I will tell my cellmates about this theory. Perhaps, I will see you in person tomorrow, out of shackles."

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,877 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 14:30:40 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Her last sentence was lost on him, the dropping of her jaw ignored the moment he saw Draco trapped beyond reach, and there would be a loud CRACK sound as he punched the paned glass separating him from his dragon. There was no decorum, no politeness left as he punched the glass over, and over. Each time the cracks formed they sealed instantly, and his fury built up.

"LET HIM OUT! DRACO! WAKE UP!" Amor was rarely an emotional man, it was even rarer that he would act out in such a manner in front of anyone, but seeing his pokemon like this, seeing Draco like this....It was as if years of pent up aggression, and fury had caused him to simply come unglued, and there was no putting it back at the moment. So his fists continued to clash against the glass, and soon his hands despite being in a dream were bloodied.

The skin was ripped to shreds, and there was a palpable aura of anger seething out of every pore of his body.

"I will kill them....Every single one...." Murder was never his first choice either, but Draco was in danger and that meant all bets were off. No one took his dragons from him, no one.....Ameena was all but forgotten until he turned around, and saw her again, not even bothering to try, and save face he let the deep frown, and the narrowing of his eyes continue onward as he looked around the city.

"They will regret this...."

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 15:59:51 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Soldiers had the instinct to freeze trained out of them. Researchers had to fight the urge to react when it was necessary to hang back and observe. Both parts fought Ameena as she watched Amor's outburst, torn between helping or pulling him away and the urge to spectate. She tripped over herself as she followed him to the tube. She tried to put the pieces together quickly, but his own rage filled in the blanks. [break][break]

His pokemon...[break][break]

The dragonite didn't look battered. It was suspended in a tube, perhaps for study but, given the setting and dream state, more likely something of a message for them to receive. "It's okay," she urged, though he was clearly inconsolable. She stepped closer, but didn't touch him in case it caused a worse reaction. She was transfixed by the raw emotion overcoming him. All for a dragon? [break][break]

He gathered himself almost begrudgingly, it seemed. "He might just be asleep, totally unharmed. We will be reunited with our pokemon; the Megalopolans cannot hope to hold us for much longer." She didn't know if any of it would appease him. She watched his bloodied hands. "No one who failed to save their entire civilization is going to win against us two," she asserted. "Give it time. We have a plan. We will be out in no time." She didn't want to waste the limited time they had in this dream on anger or resentment, but she felt off-rhythm, off-balance. It was strange to see anyone of such intellect care that much for a pokemon.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,877 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 16:24:43 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

His eyes flashed to her, his mood only souring further, but he recognized that she was trying to calm him down, so he didn't lash out. The damage to his hands vanished without a trace, and he frowned at this dream like place, the pain could have focused him, but it's sudden absence only infuriated him further.

"It doesn't matter if he's asleep....They are doing something to him....And I will not allow that...." His tone was razor sharp, he had foolhardily thought that his pokemon would be back at the manor asleep, that the balls being smashed were fakes, but Amor realized that if he had stepped out of line that Draco could have died, and that only forced his rage to greater heights. They were trying to take his treasure from him, and that would not be allowed.

"I'm aware of our plan....I have been patient...." He clenched his fists tightly until his knuckles were white. Draco had saved him....Over, and over he had been saved by his strongest, and most trusted partner.

Many mistakenly believed that Erebus was his strongest companion, but they would be wrong. Erebus was second to Draco....The faith, and trust that Amor put in his dragon was leagues upon leagues higher than that of Deoxys. To see his dragon like that, he grit his teeth as he seethed even more.

"They better pray....My plan fails....Because I will not leave anything...." Not even the molecules that made up their miserable existence would remain when he was done exacting his vengeance upon them.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 17:05:36 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She could have never guessed he would bear so much pain over his pokemon being captured. Was it the ego of it? It must hurt to have your pokemon taken and put up like trophies. She hadn't seen her team around her yet, but she was unconcerned. She could understand if his pride was injured; as an upper admin of Rocket, this kind of thing was insult to injury, and then some. [break][break]

"Amor... are you feeling OK?" The same question she had asked at their excursion to the Ultra Deep Sea. He had tolerated such insanity and hallucinations without a stronger reaction than silence. It had terrified her then. To see the opposite, to witness such outburst, over something much smaller, it made her concerned of his mental state. "There may be negative effects to this dream. Perhaps, the tera crystals are poisoning us, also. I would be surprised if they wanted us to dream for pure relief." [break][break]

Ameena didn't know how to put this piece together in the Amor jigsaw. He had never showed this much emotion about Eternatus, either, and that was terrifying. Something about this Dragonite was setting him off, or it was something about their condition. Was almost being voted to die getting to him?

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,877 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 17:19:00 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"Are you feeling OK?"

The question felt patronizing to him all of sudden, but she was sincere at the very least which is what was keeping him from lashing out even worse.

"I am irritated....I am furious....OK is not what I would call my current state...." There was no point in lying to her, he took a breath, he needed to calm down. He couldn't save Draco if he got to emotional. "We're not being poisoned....At least not by the crystals....The mochi probably....I'd know if my mental faculties were being affected...." There was a certainty in that statement that might cause others to raise some brows, but he just grit his teeth harder. What were they doing, what was their purpose....Turning his gaze to he could see the worry there at least for a moment.

"Don't look at me like that...." He detested those looks, everyone looked at him like that at least once, and it didn't help him in the slightest. Amor was in full control of his sanity despite appearances, but this was different, they had struck at his core, and there were only to emotions for him to feel. Sorrow, or unyielding rage....Amor was a dragon, so unyielding rage was the answer always.

"I don't expect you to understand....How could you...."

How could anyone....

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 18:06:00 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She averted his gaze at his request. She really couldn't understand. She wasn't sure what to offer him -- placating him was ineffective, but he might take offense if she said they should leave. Still, there wasn't anything they could do. Even if the Dragonite was released, what could the two of them do with the dragon in their dreams? [break][break]

"What if the Megalopolans are gaining something from your emotions? Perhaps, they wanted this to be a provocative experience. They gave our ward that mask of desire, so I think they want our strong feelings for some greater purpose." It was not possible for her to rule it out. They had showed her what she desired most, and the desire had been twisted, too. They casted doubts in her mind about her greatest ambitions. She would kill them for it. [break][break]

She spared a gaze at his suspended Dragonite. "We cannot help him like this. Save your energy," she pleaded.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,877 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 18:18:59 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

She was right....But he felt like a coward....It felt like running away to leave his dragon to suffer....Objectively, and logically she was right, but he didn't want to admit it. Not when every fiber of his body screamed at him to continue to break the glass to force it to stay shattered so he could free Draco. But he already knew how it would end, it would end in failure. So he took a breath, a deep one.

"Fine...." He spoke through gritted teeth, and turned to look at her. The fury still in his gaze. "You're probably right....I'm not strong enough right now...." He hated admitting that, he hated saying it, and he hated feeling it. That feeling of helplessness that had haunted him all through his life, but it was the truth. "We will do this....Together...." Whatever that meant.

They had a plan, all they had to do was convince enough people to go along with it, but they had to move from this place, he didn't want to leave Draco behind, but there was no choice. He needed information about his enemy. So with one final glance to his dragon, he started to walk. Whether she followed him or not he didn't care at this moment, but he was moving towards the tower in the center. It was the largest structure, and so he may as well see what it contained before he woke from this pristine hellscape.

"My apologies....For my outburst...."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights