Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
To Usher An Era [S]
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 9:09:16 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
It was easy to forget that Cillian Quinn was no fool.

As soon as Howard had been prepared to depart for Dewford, he had gotten an urgent call from Underboss Quinn. It was as if the underboss was watching him, waiting on his every move. If Cillian was watching, he had chosen the perfect opportunity to call in Admin Fox. Howard was thoroughly unprepared for this encounter.

Luckily, he was remarkably good at improv. If he could dig himself out of a travesty of an interrogation regarding Shred's incapacitation, he could deal with Cillian.

Howard Slayte was at his best when his back was to the wall.

"I've been called." Howard nodded respectfully to Cillian's secretary. He was pleasant, but he wasn't particularly pleased. "I'll be seeing myself in."

Fucking Cillian. Howard had been so close to sailing for Dewford. There, he would've been able to put his plan into motion. Instead, he had to spend time playing politics with a man who knew most of his plays.

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
To Usher An Era [S]
POSTED ON May 11, 2024 12:58:32 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"He keeps the door locked." Cillian's secretary is his opposite: quiet, unassuming, offering an easy and almost apologetic smile to the Admin as if to soften the inconvenience. "But I'll let him know you're here."[break][break]

After a pause, the imposing door swings open, leaving a trace of psychic energy and fairy dust in its wake.[break][break]

Cillian doesn't bother with pleasantries. As soon as Howard crosses the threshold, the door closes behind him like a coffin's lid. The PRESSURE in the room is telling. Cillian is angry, and Lugia feeds on that anger like a parasite.[break][break]

"You've picked an interesting time to relocate."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
To Usher An Era [S]
POSTED ON May 11, 2024 17:58:34 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Of course he kept it unlocked. What did Cillian have to fear from the likes of Rocket?

"Gotcha." The secretary didn't really care. They were on Cillian's payroll, not Howard's. It didn't matter if the money came from Howard's network, one of the many shell companies that Rocket possessed, or from simple extortion. It didn't matter if Howard's funds paid many Rocket salaries, it mattered who signed the check.

In this case, Cillian Quinn. The wrathful little shit.

"Oh?" Howard shuddered under the pressure. Moments like this reminded the admin of , who drank deep from the wrathful chalice that Chien-Pao provided. "What do you mean?"

Observe. Fish for intel. If he could guess what Cillian knew, he could pivot appropriately.

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
To Usher An Era [S]
POSTED ON May 15, 2024 1:52:43 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian's MIASMA floods the space. Odorless and without tactile element, it encroaches upon the Admin's space.[break][break]

The underboss narrows his eyes.[break][break]

"Don't play stupid with me."[break][break]

He does not mention the spies and informants. They were not infallible, could not watch their intended targets always, but in Howard's case they'd learned just enough to raise the alarm. A move to Dewford on the cusp of war.[break][break]

"Just when were you planning to inform us?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
To Usher An Era [S]
POSTED ON May 15, 2024 2:00:32 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Rank was a bridge when it came to broaching topics of policy. Cillian could order to do anything, and he'd have to comply. Normally conversation could be redirected. Not in this case.

Us. It reminded Howard of how the Devourer spoke. The admin's lips tightened. Bastard.

"What, the move to Dewford?" Howard put a hand on his hip. If Cillian wanted bluntness, Howard would provide. "I didn't think it was a big deal. I never lived in Sootopolis, and I can't afford to live in the city. It's too expensive!"

The irony of Rocket's financial arm being out of money was not lost on him.

"How long have you known?"

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
To Usher An Era [S]
POSTED ON May 18, 2024 15:37:28 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Was it discomfort or anger in the tightening of Howard's expression? Something else? Cillian can't say for sure, but the tension in the air is palpable in spite of the Admin's attempts to play it cool.[break][break]

"Bullshit," he says immediately, when Howard dismisses the relevancy of the move. "Maybe if you'd moved to Pacifidlog."[break][break]

But no. He'd chosen to move within the scope of an Elite Four's protection. If it had been or to make the move, Cillian might've favorably assumed a planned assassination. Not from Howard, whose actions have already drawn his suspicious eye.[break][break]

Howard asks how long he's known, and Cillian's smile is without warmth.[break][break]

I'm sure you'd love to know.[break][break]

"I'm the one asking the questions. The truth, now. Why Dewford?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
To Usher An Era [S]
POSTED ON May 18, 2024 19:33:27 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Pacifidlog?" Howard chuckled as he slid into one of the office chairs. "I get seasick. All the wobbling logs, I'm sure you understand."

Humor in the face of terror was a move as old as time. Cillian could rage and stamp his feet all he wanted, but Howard could flippantly dismiss it with a snide remark, as if that would hide the fact that Cillian could end his life with a thought.

It took a lot of foolishness for a sheep to misconstrue itself as a lion.

"The sheriff offered me a condo in exchange for helping study Eternatus. He wants to ensure that someone can keep a close eye on it." Howard shrugged casually. "I go down there, poke around, and return to my condo to watch cable on the League's dime."

He was certainly no or any other beast, that was for sure. The admin put a hand on his chest.

"Call it a collaboration against a common foe. I'm hurt that you don't trust me."

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
To Usher An Era [S]
POSTED ON May 20, 2024 2:14:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Howard's humour bounces off the wall that is .[break][break]

There were other small towns in Hoenn. Oldale, Littleroot, Lavaridge. Any of the others would've drawn far less attention.[break][break]

"And had you thought to inform us of this collaboration?" Us, again. Rocket. "Or were you hoping we wouldn't notice?"[break][break]

He doesn't react to Howard's gesture, regardless of how genuine it was or wasn't. Feelings were the last thing the Admin should be worried about Cillian hurting.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
To Usher An Era [S]
POSTED ON May 20, 2024 8:42:02 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The first thing that Howard was worried about his colleague hurting was Navy's credibility. By extension, those actions hurt Howard's as well.

"If any relevant information revealed itself, I would have reported it to high command. Eternatus's movements should be our utmost concern. When it stirs, game over." Howard doubted that he could ever fully convince Rocket's high command to divert their resources to Eternatus. All he could do was hope that a long gone dream of Galar could resonate with members of Rocket. "You have my word."

Howard leaned forward on the table. Us. Necrozma's chosen's name echoed in his ears. Us. Howard hated seeing that man's visage in every shadow, and Cillian was cloaked in them.

"What is this?" Howard shook his head as he looked around the office. "Do you give this talk to everyone who interacts with the Pokémon League?"

Howard leaned back in his chair.

"What's the deal, Cillian?"

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
To Usher An Era [S]
POSTED ON May 23, 2024 19:54:04 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian looks utterly unimpressed at Howard's attempts to placate him.[break][break]

"I am high command." None higher but for , who preferred to let his underbosses do the dirty work. Such was their role. "And for all your idiocy, I don't think you're so stupid as to dismiss the relevancy of moving to a town controlled by the enemy. Eternatus or not, you notify us of any collaboration with the League. Otherwise, I am inclined to worry about your loyalty."[break][break]

In truth, that ship has already raised its anchor. It remains at port, but ready to sail at a moment's notice.[break][break]

Howard has gained his suspicion, and that was a very hard thing to lose.[break][break]

When the Admin demands answers, Cillian is struck with the urge to laugh. He does not, maintaining an entirely stony composure.[break][break]

"I do." That was one of his primary roles, in fact. "You've filed enough of my paperwork to know my interests."[break][break]

He doesn't have to state the threat any more openly than that.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
To Usher An Era [S]
POSTED ON May 24, 2024 2:51:58 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Cillian was high command, that was undeniable. Yet it seemed to Howard that the term meant less and less as time went on. likely didn't need to deal with these harsh questionnaires, and she was the reason that Mt. Chimney was about four meters shorter than it had been last month.

"I'm the last person whose loyalty you should be doubting. After all, you know what's going on in my head. I've laid it bare for you." Howard an irritating, spiteful creature who evidently loved to mock and harass his superiors even as he threw himself into the inferno. "Have you forgotten our little interview together? Our fossil extraction?"

But that treasonous personality was held in check by the weight of the organization he was a part of. He would cooperate with Navy, but there was little the sheriff could do to ensure his safety. Lives were very easy to snuff out, after all.

The admin was reminded of that fact by the thinly veiled threat of his executioner. His face quickly paled.

"Cillian, no. It's just an academic excursion against a common threat. Plus I get free access to the Ultra Deep Sea and its supply of Wishing Stars."

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
To Usher An Era [S]
POSTED ON May 25, 2024 18:20:10 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Now he does laugh. It's utterly without mirth, cold as the room around them.[break][break]

"Hardly the last."[break][break]

He was not a man given to trust. Very few could claim Cillian's unquestioning faith in them. Not even had that, much as he adored her. Perhaps only inspired such a vulnerable position. had once, but fractured it in pursuing his sister. They'd taken great efforts to mend that broken bridge, but it would never again be utterly unshakable.[break][break]

The list Howard invokes, those whose loyalties are in question, is far longer.[break][break]

Colour drains from the Admin's face.[break][break]

At last, you take this seriously.[break][break]

's saving grace is the hunger that enters Cillian's gaze at the mention of the Ultra Deep Sea. He registers, too, the mention of Wishing Stars, but though he loathed the Deep Sea, access was extremely difficult for Rocket of late.[break][break]

He was listening.[break][break]

"Then you will have no problem keeping me well informed of your escapades in Dewford, I'm sure. And all contact with its Sheriff."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
To Usher An Era [S]
POSTED ON May 26, 2024 6:01:27 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Cillian was listening. He was listening. It was a fingerhold, more of a fingernail hold for Howard to dangle from, but it was enough.

Enough to begin the climb.

would hate him for this. Cillian and Navy's brutal war was one that would likely never end. The two were at the forefront of the battle between Rocket and the League.

Lie? Navy told him to lie, but how did he lie here? Against the aura and power of this man sitting at their desk. What if he stood? What if he summoned Lugia? What was Howard supposed to do? Lie? Delude?

Such a thing was impossible. Survival was paramount. Cillian wanted him to take this seriously, and thus he would.

"Say, Cillian." Howard leaned on the desk with his most winning smile. His eye flickered with intrigue. There was something more delicious that he could offer, rather than mere intel. Something physical. If Cillian wanted escapades, who was Howard to deny him?

"I could probably get you into the Ultra Deep Sea, if you're interested."

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
To Usher An Era [S]
POSTED ON May 28, 2024 13:34:04 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian has not missed the Ultra Deep Sea.
[break][break]
Yet the prospect of being able to yet again plumb its alien depths without the interference of the League is just enough to keep his attention. He does not miss the way Howard neglects to promise the intel for which he'd asked, but neither does he lash out.
[break][break]
His golden gaze narrows.
[break][break]
"And how might you do that, mm? Without attracting their attention." They could create a strike force simply enough and force their way in, but that ran the risk of kicking a hornet's nest. "Do you intend to involve Navidson?"
[break][break]
Cillian might hold begrudging respect for , but he does not trust him. As Howard is quickly learning, he doesn't trust anyone.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
To Usher An Era [S]
POSTED ON May 28, 2024 19:15:04 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Involving would be amusing for about thirty seconds before he and Cillian started killing each other. As much as Howard preferred the sheriff, his money was on the man in front of him.

"I'm a geologist. I have maps of Granite Cave, and there are Tera Crystal tunnels that layer the cave network like veins. His Garchomp like me, too." Howard pursed his lips in thought. When extracting high-value targets, a distraction was ideal. "I'll simply lead you in."

There would be no need for that here. A distraction was not required. Navy did not have to know. He'd understand.

"It's my winning personality." The admin coughed into his fist. "What in the Ultra Deep Sea interests you, if you don't mind me asking."

As long as Cillian's desires did not contradict Howard's goals, but he suspected that wasn't the case. Cillian was Rocket, and Rocket did not want to burn the world to ash.

They merely wanted to rule it.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times