Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
NEVER IN EXTREMITY
POSTED ON May 9, 2024 6:25:48 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

The fight goes out of her at night. During the day, it's not really a fight at all. Survival has become a routine of constant vigilance -- nothing more than performing an unending series of fire drills, readying herself for when the flames finally burn her.[break][break]

She never expects it when she's accosted in these empty streets, never believing the silhouettes in the glass besides her own to be real. When she turns to see the face of an old friend, all of her goes still with uncertainty, unable to determine which part of her memory he's been unearthed from.[break][break]

"Quinn," she says at length, her emerald eyes holding him in place as if he will vanish should she blink. "So you're trapped here, too?"[break][break]

And she laughs. Because it's a dream, and it's absurd, and there's nothing left to do but laugh, is there?

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]
Prismatic Penitentiary: Ugly Ward

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
NEVER IN EXTREMITY
POSTED ON May 14, 2024 18:41:40 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian is no stranger to confinement. He has adapted to their situation far better than some, though still finds solace in dreams from the agony of a broken body. He drifts through the streets of Megalopolis, seeking out his fellow Rockets to bolster their spirits.[break][break]

He's not as surprised to see as she seems to be in seeing him; had informed him of her imprisonment.[break][break]

"Elisa."[break][break]

He is softer, friendlier than he has been. Grudges have little place here. If he can put aside his seething hatred for a traitor like for the sake of survival, then he can offer an old friend that same courtesy.[break][break]

"I'm afraid so. So is Nomi, and my husband." He figures that if Zev knew of the others, Elisabeth would as well. So he doesn't mention them, and continues only with, "But I don't intend to remain a prisoner forever. And if all of us are here, that's more to their detriment than ours."[break][break]

Rocket were used to fighting against the odds, after all.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
NEVER IN EXTREMITY
POSTED ON May 15, 2024 0:50:58 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"So many. We're all little Ratattas, aren't we? Scurrying around in cages." Her hands dance with the metaphor, imitating the shuffling of paws as she laughs again, miserable.[break][break]

He is far more lucid than her, here: clear-eyed and aware of numbers as an advantage. To her, that discovery is more despairing proof of their own futility. If even can be caged, then what hope is there?[break][break]

She leans against the glass building, letting her eyes close as she stretches. There's an indolence to her movements; a captured creature cares little for the dignity of her reputation, only for her own comfort.[break][break]

"What is your grand plan, then?" she asks casually, no faith to be found in her question -- only a tired amusement. "Men like you always have grand plans."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
NEVER IN EXTREMITY
POSTED ON May 18, 2024 15:25:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"For now."[break][break]

Not forever. He will not entertain the thought of being stuck here forever. DESPAIR threatens daily, but he will not allow himself to become so complacent as to give up hope.[break][break]

He frowns at her question. Men like me?[break][break]

"Do we?" But he doesn't rise to bait as he once might have, only shakes his head. "I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint, then. No grand plans as of yet. Only to rally our allies and keep their spirits up. There's strength in numbers, after all. And we may be at odds with the League, but if a riot starts, I'm sure they're just as eager for escape."[break][break]

But the image of prisoners being beaten to death is burned into the back of his mind.[break][break]

"We can't act too soon, though. Have you seen Azelf?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
NEVER IN EXTREMITY
POSTED ON May 19, 2024 3:40:21 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Haah. Their spirits, hm?" This laugh is softer, a fluttering sound of exhaustion and resignation. "You'll have better luck asking our captors to free us, I should think."[break][break]

Of course she wants to escape like him. She doesn't dare delude herself though that this is a guaranteed or even achievable possibility; that way lies madness, she tells herself, though she remains unaware of how closely she toes that line now. If she hopes, then she becomes a slave to that hope, and then she can be controlled with her despair, can't she?[break][break]

All things cycle -- and cycle, and cycle, like an unending loop doomed to forever repeat again.[break][break]

"But you're right. The League is shuttered up here as much as we are." She grimaces, unsure how much pleasure there is to be taken in this observation. "Councilmen, Gym Leaders, Elite Four." Then she chuckles, amused at herself, before she amends, "Well, Elite Two, I should say."[break][break]

She'll take what small victories she can, she supposes.[break][break]

" asked us to work together to escape, you know. She threatened me, too, in case I planned to get in her way. What a strange world we find ourselves in now."[break][break]

At the mention of Azelf, she simply nods, pointing towards the central tower of the city. She says nothing.[break][break]

He must know as well as she does what lies within its glittering spire.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
NEVER IN EXTREMITY
POSTED ON May 23, 2024 18:48:55 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Her cynicism doesn't shock him; once, Cillian thinks he'd have been just as sour. Twisted as it was, Rocket has given him something to fight for. Something to return to, alongside his husband of course. A purpose.[break][break]

Cillian, too, can find little pleasure in the League's shared confinement. What use was there in delighting to see them chained and collared when that same noose tightened around his own neck? Subconsciously, he rubs at the unfettered skin of his throat.[break][break]

"These dreams are an escape," he says, turning to gaze toward the city's center as she points. "Lucid, and so we have to ask: who's sending them to us? Why are we having this shared experience? How can we use it?"[break][break]

A rough laugh rises in his throat.[break][break]

"It seems the councilwoman is much of the same mind as me." He and were on opposite sides, but not so different after all. Both predators seeking purpose. "I've no intention of threatening your compliance, but it will be welcome when the need arises. And you'll have mine, of course."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
NEVER IN EXTREMITY
POSTED ON May 24, 2024 2:35:30 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Though one wonders," she almost purrs, "whether the weaver of this dreamscape is of a benevolent mind or no."[break][break]

Her head cants slightly towards him, a silent laugh shaking her shoulders. The light has left her emerald eyes.[break][break]

"I've always found dreams to be torturous things."[break][break]

Though perhaps he is right. Perhaps they can find the threads of this glittering dream and spin them into something that breathes freedom into their reality.[break][break]

And perhaps the world might be kinder, and perhaps she might be unburdened, and perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...[break][break]

What a useless exercise it is, to wonder at what might never be.[break][break]

"I will not get in your way either. Either of you," she adds, so that he does not mistake her meaning. "Any attempt at escape is welcome, so long as the likelihood of failure is not greater than the risk of reward."[break][break]

If he is to act foolishly, she is not above throwing others before their captors so that she may be spared their rod another day -- much as she threatened , mere days before now.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
NEVER IN EXTREMITY
POSTED ON May 25, 2024 18:10:16 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Some part of you is enjoying this." The accusation lacks heat. He hadn't come here to fight. But it's an accusation all the same, levelled in the wake of her chilling silent laughter. "Watching everyone suffer."[break][break]

Was it the influence of her patron that saw her feeding off their GRUDGES? Or had she been this way all along?[break][break]

God, he wants a cigarette.[break][break]

"I don't tend to dream." He had nightmares. Flashbacks. Terrors. "If the force behind this is malevolent, they're doing a terrible job at breaking spirits. This is paradise compared to being awake."[break][break]

He touches his unbroken ribs, runs a hand along an unfettered neck. Breathes air that isn't hot and rank.[break][break]

His attention returns to her in full when she makes her promise.[break][break]

"I won't, either." Similarly, he clarifies, "Get in the way. Hers, yours. Anyone's. I'm sharing a cell with Calcifet, and I'd offer him my help if it got us out of here." His laugh is humorless. "I can kill him when we're out."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
NEVER IN EXTREMITY
POSTED ON May 25, 2024 18:34:23 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Does she enjoy the suffering of others? She gives it careful thought, discovering she finds validation in it. Yes, it affirms her that misery spares neither the innocent nor the guilty, the powerless nor the empowered.[break][break]

Anyone -- even the most shining beacon of goodness, or the cruelest and most fearsome being -- can be crushed under fate's unjust heel.[break][break]

"Suffering is honest," she finally says, shrugging, "while the promise of a utopian dream is not."[break][break]

Witnessing the false cheer and happiness of others holds no hope or wonder for her. The unfed void within her merely writhes with hunger for that impossibility, churning with jealousy and spite.[break][break]

Her hand absently brushes against her face, marveling at the touch of skin that will be denied to her upon waking. She already mourns it, and already hates this dream for reminding her of the taste of freedom. Is this not another torture? Is this not another punishment to endure, in its own way?[break][break]

"Our cells contain as many rats. I don't speak to the one in mine. I suspect doesn't grant you the same courtesy."[break][break]

She gives him a conspiratorial smile, and for once, there's a flicker of a friendship-that-once-was: reanimated by a dream, warm and ephemeral as sunshine on a spring morning.[break][break]

"Galarian royals are known for neither sense nor brevity."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
NEVER IN EXTREMITY
POSTED ON May 27, 2024 17:31:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian's sadism doesn't extend beyond the bedroom. He has never found delight in the suffering of those who have not wronged him. Yet all the same, there is no judgement in his expression as Elisabeth confesses her thoughts.[break][break]

"Utopias don't exist," is agreed, "but I do prefer to keep suffering to a minimum."[break][break]

He was no cat to toy with his prey, but a primal predator with killer efficiency. He did what had to be done.[break][break]

He wonders if Elisabeth knows the identity of her cellmate, or whether she didn't care enough to ask. Cillian hadn't the luxury of ignorance; 's voice was distinct enough to recognize after working together for years.[break][break]

"We largely avoid one another. But if there's a plan to escape, strength in numbers is paramount. I do not think there are many of our kind," meaning Rockets, "in my ward. Not that I recognize. My sisters, and Beast Zeppelin. Zeppelin is... unlikely to be of any help."[break][break]

Though may not hold that honour for long, should her cooperation with the man who'd strangled become evident to the underboss.[break][break]

Cillian actually manages a laugh at Elisa's scathing remark.[break][break]

"No, they are not. Exhausting."[break][break]

I missed you, he thinks, but won't break this fragile collaboration with such an admission, lest she turn on him anew.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
NEVER IN EXTREMITY
POSTED ON May 27, 2024 18:28:19 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"To each their own," is her nonchalant reply. In this, they differ: killing proves more difficult a task for her than torment. Death has too much finality, and leaves too much wanting in its wake.[break][break]

It's why she doesn't name her cellmate. She knows Cillian's stance is that of the guillotine, and not the death of a thousand mist-laden whispers. His method is clean, efficient, and without mess.[break][break]

She's never been any of those things.[break][break]

"Our ward has several I recognize. , impossibly. Underboss . I believe and as well, though I see them only at a distance." Her voice softens, tender in a way she shouldn't remember how to be: "And Admin Bee, too."[break][break]

Her arms wrap around herself after mentioning aloud, distressed as her face twists and contorts with an emotion she won't acknowledge. This, more than her jest from before, cracks through her outer layer of spite. There's fear visible here, and anger too, boiling to the surface.[break][break]

"We have problems like ," she snarls suddenly, "who's willing to sacrifice us all if it serves his ideals. Fools like would let him, even. Thank Arceus we outnumber them."[break][break]

This is more than self-preservation. This is a protective instinct, something that never once belonged to Wo-chien. Only to her, and only for one other person.[break][break]

has already unearthed this vulnerability from her. It would not be difficult for to do the same.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
NEVER IN EXTREMITY
POSTED ON May 28, 2024 17:56:42 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian lets out a sharp laugh.[break][break]

"Impossibly? None of us are untouchable."[break][break]

was harder to take than most, perhaps. Harder to kill, with his crystalline armour. But he was not invincible.[break][break]

He shows no sign of surprise at mention of the others, suggesting his prior knowledge. To confirm it, he says, "I spoke to Harcourt. Cross, too. In the dreams, of course. I've seen Temp outside of it, when they sent us to the pits."[break][break]

His lip curls with anger and disgust at the memory of their 'punishment'. had been spared that humiliation.[break][break]

He's seen the Chamber of Desires for himself now, fed upon that dream of strength without strings. It felt strangely within reach, as though he might be able to reach out and take that which had once seemed impossible.[break][break]

But Elisabeth's expression at mention of keeps him from spiraling into that dream. He witnesses the way she shields herself with a defensive posture. She seems upset. Have they fought?[break][break]

's apparent willingness to sacrifice them all is enough to derail that train of thought, however momentarily. His brow knits, confusion evident. That didn't sound like the Navy he knew. "What do you mean? Sacrifice us for what?"[break][break]

But he does not forget about Bee.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
NEVER IN EXTREMITY
POSTED ON May 29, 2024 4:56:10 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"What's the point of it then?" she hears herself complain, slumping against the glass building. "If a man like that can be rendered so small and helpless, what's the point of all this power?"[break][break]

It's not a question that has an answer. It's just a question she hates having to ask at all.[break][break]

She's been humiliated in other ways. He's not seen how eagerly she prostrated herself before their captors, how frantically her hands scrubbed sharp jewels raw. Whatever fate she's been spared, she's earned honestly, though time will strip her of that too.[break][break]

Power had been meant to protect her against this belittling means of survival. Stooping to it again is so demeaning that she can hardly abide to look at her own reflection anymore.[break][break]

"They told us to pick someone to be punished. Anyone other than us." Her eyes are hollow. She has no remorse for her actions, no more than a Seviper mourns biting the ankle of a human who stepped too near. "I recognized , and so I chose him to suffer."[break][break]

She shrugs again, and the expression in her face shifts again, turning jaded in its cruelty.[break][break]

" said we should suffer instead of the others. That we should all nobly be martyrs, as if that would save us." A snort of derision, and then a biting laugh. "People like this don't reward mercy. If we didn't play their game, they'd make everyone lose. We'd all suffer, instead of anyone being spared."[break][break]

It doesn't occur to her he might disagree. This seems so blindingly obvious to her, she doesn't expect a man as reasonable as him might retort otherwise.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
NEVER IN EXTREMITY
POSTED ON May 29, 2024 7:13:55 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

He has no answer, and gives none. He merely breathes with her in shared hatred of this position they find themselves in.
[break][break]
Cillian, too, had caved easily to the will of their captors. Even metal, once bent, would be more pliable in the future. Rocket has prepared him for submission, and his family before them. It is as natural to him as breathing.
[break][break]
He hates that it is. She'd feel that GRUDGE, that acknowledgement of his own shortcomings.
[break][break]
"My husband was in the ward they picked."
[break][break]
But it is not stated with hatred or resentment. was right; Cillian was a reasonable man. He understood the game they were being forced to play, the strings that were being pulled. Had he been forced to vote, he would not have hesitated. It was survival.
[break][break]
So he rolls his eyes and scoffs sharp at 's attempt at noble sacrifice.
[break][break]
"Navidson's a fool," he scathes. "This is no storybook to reward nobility."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
NEVER IN EXTREMITY
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 1:27:13 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She's human enough to feel shame, and it flushes red at her neck as she turns away. "It wasn't personal," she says, though she already knows he understands.[break][break]

Survival isn't personal. They've buried enough bodies together to know that. Still, had he punished , she wonders if she'd express such magnanimity.[break][break]

"The fairy tales I heard as a child always ended in dark, twisted ways," she adds, and isn't it odd, how the sky shifts color when she does? Dreams are fairy tales, too, in their own bizarre manner of being. "It was the clever who survived, who outwitted magic and man alike. I'm not sure where that lie began, that the noble are rewarded for being good."[break][break]

's childhood tales must have been knightly adventures, she figures. Nothing of witches luring children in the woods, or cruel queens that punished their fair and weeping daughters for their innocence. His stories must have all had the 'happily ever after' that ties them neatly in a bow.[break][break]

If she remembered Galar, she would know for certain how little such idealistic stories live up to the reality.[break][break]

"Goodness has only ever been its own reward. And what a cheap, useless reward it is."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing